Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • September 25th, 2018
    Upcoming Mortal Kombat Online Twitch Stream to feature Cary Tagawa [Read On]
  • September 16th, 2018
    MKO Live Stream to Feature Author of NBA Jam: The Book [Read On]
  • August 6th, 2018
    MKO's Interviews with the Film Cast: Coming Thursday [Read On]
  • July 29th, 2018
    MK Online Stream to Host Movie Star Q&A Friday [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    Kombat Kon Date Announced: October 27, 2018 [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (54.0%)
Out of kredits. (45.9%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

DC Universe Injustice

Discussing DC Injustice and Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 06/15/2016 06:12 AMStatus ::
E3 2016: GameSpot Injustice 2 Live Stage Demo

Creative Director Ed Boon is in Los Angeles to promote the announcement of new game: Injustice 2! Appearing live on the GameSpot stage, the NetherRealm Studios face discussed the ins and outs of their superhero sequel.

Watch: Ed Boon Interview :: E3 Gameplay Demo

New characters and the new Gear System are the hot topic at E3. Fresh additions Atrocitus, Gorilla Grodd and Supergirl are on display, along with Injustice veterans Batman and Superman!

Addressing the potential imbalance inherent in the Gear System, Boon notes there will be some form of modified mode available for the die hard tournament scene. Gear allows players to modify character properties through the acquisition and storage of upgrade equipment, which adds an RPG-like statistical element to powers and abilities. Ed also clarifies: while the system includes cosmetic alterations, it's by no means a "create a character" engine.

On the subject of the competitive scene, Ed notes extended support for content in their games could effect future release of titles. For the past two decades the developer has established a consistent cycle of new releases every two years. Kombat Pack 2 extended Mortal Kombat X's downloadable content the farthest of any NetherRealm game, releaed. Mortal Kombat XL was released in March.

MKXL upgraded online modes with adapted GGPO rollback technology designed to retard latency lag [read more]. Injustice 2 will follow the same mould, encouraging a more smooth and tactile online experience. Fans can also expect updates to the Story Mode, with new twists to be discussed more later ni the year.

MKX also controversially offered a broader range of purchasable micro-transactions [read more]. Asked if the Gear System will go further down this line, Boon kept things vague.

[Related Article: Watch: Injustice 2 Gameplay Reveal Trailer]

Register to share your thoughts about everything we've seen at E3 in the DC Universe Injustice forum! Support the kommunity by liking & sharing stories via @MK_Online, Facebook & YouTube. Special thanks to kommunity user samus_aran3900 for submitting a news lead!   

samus_aran3900Posted: 06/14/2016 05:27 PMStatus ::

Visits::32050
Nationality::Canada
Injustice 2 E3 Gameplay Video

Gamespot posted the E3 playable version of. Injustice 2 more info at this link.

IRC member DECEPTION
#MicksDesk, #gamiz, #tmk, #mortalkombat
oraclePosted: 06/14/2016 07:16 PMStatus ::

Visits::9433
Nationality::United States
RE: Injustice 2 E3 Gameplay Video

Working that MKX character select screen. Looks great tbh. Glad to see clashes back and I'm sure as sassy as ever.

I'm still not sold on gear though. I'll be earning gear for characters I don't care about, no thanks. Different gear will have an effect on the gameplay, no thanks. Mainly because I don't trust WB to keep that shit no play to win. I don't want to see people buying the best gear online and just being asses.

Although some of the gear does look great. Dat Aquaman tattoo.
I wonder how this will effect alts and classic costumes though. Will we have to grind for gears to get a facsimile of our favorite looks? So many questions.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Poasty-GuyPosted: 06/14/2016 09:01 PMStatus ::

Visits::2384
Nationality::Canada

Looks like Injustice, anyway. Looking forward to see how they've tweaked things. And I can't wait for the graphics to be boosted a bit because holy christ...

We've got chicken tonight. Strangest damn things. They're man made.
oraclePosted: 06/14/2016 10:48 PMStatus ::

The graphics look great to me except the faces which were terrible in the first Injustice and MKX as well. They're just bad at faces.

MINIONPosted: 06/15/2016 06:58 PMStatus ::

Visits::11469

This game looks sick! Man this is gonna be an intense wait. I'm looking forward to see what they do for martian manhunters super look etc if he's in. Damn, the roster is gonna be hype.

Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
oraclePosted: 06/15/2016 09:52 PMStatus ::

IGN posted 15min of HQ gameplay and Superman said something pretty Regime-y. So I wonder where we are story wise.

Darkhound74Posted: 06/15/2016 11:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::5379

oracle Wrote:
IGN posted 15min of HQ gameplay and Superman said something pretty Regime-y. So I wonder where we are story wise.

I saw one interview and Boon hinted that a new "Big Bad" shows up, and it was implied that Batman needs Superman's help.

photo darkhound-cyrax-merge-sig_zpsd49cf8cd.png
frabnPosted: 06/16/2016 02:13 PMStatus ::

Visits::658

oracle Wrote:
The graphics look great to me except the faces which were terrible in the first Injustice and MKX as well. They're just bad at faces.

I agree...they typically do a TERRIBLE job with female faces. I don't know why, but they can never get female faces right. They always look too masculine, or excessively weighty. I mean Supergirl...good god. Should name her Superderp McDumpyface.

Supergirl's face is by far one of the ugliest character faces I've seen in the past 10 years of gaming. Cassie was pretty friggin' awful too when she first debuted, but right now in this earlier stage of the game, Supergirl looks like a cross between an angry baby and this fella:
raging midget Forever Alone Meme s350x212 111799
photo hosting

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
Warbro666Posted: 06/16/2016 02:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::235
Nationality::New Zealand

I honestly don't get the complaints about the faces. They're not perfect but they're nowhere near as bad as Killer Instinct or SFV.

oraclePosted: 06/16/2016 07:45 PMStatus ::

Warbro666 Wrote:
I honestly don't get the complaints about the faces. They're not perfect but they're nowhere near as bad as Killer Instinct or SFV.
The art style plays a part in that. Both KI and SF have a cartoon-y style but Injustice and MK kind of edge on realism so it kind of puts you in uncanny valley a little bit.

frabnPosted: 06/16/2016 11:36 PMStatus ::

Yeah...I'm sorry but I can't help it. Cassie looked like a drag queen in early development, and right now Supergirl looks like she's fiercely allergic to shrimp, and just ate 7 pounds of it, and is also trying to pass a kidney stone.

unleash_your_toungePosted: 06/17/2016 07:44 AMStatus ::

Visits::5818

Lol real talk, Super Girl has Chuckie's face.

On a different note, I'm actually glad to see that a lot (if not, all) of the strings and specials are being recycled from IGAU. I only just recently decided to give the game a more serious try vs back when it was in it's prime with my "well it's not MK so meh" mentality lol.

Kinda regret not giving it a serious go back in the day. The game really is a lot of fun. But I'm glad to know any time spent in IGAU now won't be a waste. Not to mention that many of the returning strings and specials may have different frame data.

TRIDENT RUSH MUST STAY SAFE WITH HELLA CHIP AND METER BUILD THX

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle
frabnPosted: 06/17/2016 01:50 PMStatus ::

unleash_your_tounge Wrote:
Lol real talk, Super Girl has Chuckie's face.

BAAAHAHAHAHA! YES! I cannot unsee that now.

Warbro666Posted: 06/17/2016 08:26 PMStatus ::

Visits::235
Nationality::New Zealand

unleash_your_tounge Wrote:
On a different note, I'm actually glad to see that a lot (if not, all) of the strings and specials are being recycled from IGAU

I completely agree with you. I've seen some complaints about it but I think it's great that they're turning it into a legacy game. I've noticed that Atrocitus seems to have some of Kano's Cybernetic specials and apparently has Goro's punch walk too.

oraclePosted: 06/17/2016 09:51 PMStatus ::

Warbro666 Wrote:
I completely agree with you. I've seen some complaints about it but I think it's great that they're turning it into a legacy game. I've noticed that Atrocitus seems to have some of Kano's Cybernetic specials and apparently has Goro's punch walk too.
I love it too. One of my biggest complaints about MK recently is its constantly changing roster and its constantly changing move lists.

frabnPosted: 06/20/2016 10:03 AMStatus ::

oracle Wrote:
Warbro666 Wrote:
One of my biggest complaints about MK recently is its constantly changing roster and its constantly changing move lists.

And yet so many other complain when the moves and roster DON'T change, which happened during the entire 3d era.

unleash_your_toungePosted: 06/20/2016 12:08 PMStatus ::

Visits::5818

A lot of stuff changed from MK9 to MKX, but the most....how to put this....useful? Successful? Best? Strings from MK9 still carried over. A few buttons were mapped differently, but the intended purpose remained the same. For example:

Reptile's 321=F412
Liu Kang's 113 (forgot the MK9 inputs)
Lao's 1121214
Kitana's F22U4
Cyrax's B2
Sonya's Military Stance
Johnny's F3 shenanigans

The list goes on. Special move inputs are pretty much the only inputs in the series that have generally stayed the same. And the only times those changed was when gameplay was overhauled or to accommodate the addition of new mechanics (return of Run button/dash>DBF/DD inputs and no more FF/BB inputs). And even then they were still similar, or at least easy to adjust to. So I appreciate that much from the team lol.

Injustice is a new series to me still. So everything else in a sense is also "new". That said, I'm thankful they're aiming to make this a legacy series so I can still play and learn IGAU with purpose in preparation without having morale crushed because everything in I2 would be completely overhauled.

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle
Page of 1

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.