Salvaging the guest and Injustice 2 movesets in future installments
posted10/17/2016 01:41 AM (UTC)by
DG1OA
Considering the unlikelihood of guests returning, I think it'd be a shame if their movesets went with them. So which MK characters do you think could be given any of the guests' moves?

Alien: It's tail-based attacks would fit Reptile and Motaro, maybe Onaga since he had a tail too.

Leatherface: Either they introduce a new chainsaw-wielding character, or, if variations return, Cyrax can be given a chainsaw-oriented variant where he's equipped with wrist-chainsaws.

Jason: His machete could be given to a Black/Red Dragon member. I know Kobra had one in MKA, but fuck him. Mavado could certainly use it as his own weapon. As for Jason's melee attacks, they'd suit Hsu Hao and Jax. Smoke should gain a variation of Jason's misty teleport.

Kratos: His bow moves should go to either Nightwolf or Kung Jin. Ashrah can blind her opponents with bright light like Kratos did with that severed head. That slow-motion jumping move should go to Taven since he can stop time, so slowing it wouldn't be much of a stretch.
frabn
About Me

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?

07/23/2016 06:40 AM (UTC)
A lot of work went into those movesets, so I doubt they'd get rid of them completely. It's very likely that if the variation system returns (which I imagine it will), they will remain the same, but be tweaked for the returning characters. The move sets for the guest characters will likely be split up among newcomer characters or returning characters experiencing variations for the first time.

For example - many of Predator's claw based moves could easily become Baraka's.

Leatherface, as pointed out, could be modified to serve Cyrax.

Alien would have to be something unique...perhaps a boss/monster character.

Jason could easily be a blade-wielding combatant such as Taven, Ashrah or others.
DG1OA
08/19/2016 02:51 PM (UTC)
I've edited the thread title in order to bring up the movesets of I2 characters, as well.

Some of Gorilla Grodd's moves would fit Moloch like a glove. Particularly the one where he chomps his downed opponent thrice.

Harley Quinn's mallet moves can become hammer ones for Shao Kahn, and he could be assisted by his pet in the MK9 throne room stage the same way HQ is assisted by hers. Attack dogs might work for Stryker, too.

Wonder Woman throwing weapons from above and stomping her foe would suit Sheeva, too.
JasonVPred
About Me

... here's your Subzero, now plain zero.

08/30/2016 10:53 AM (UTC)
Jason: His machete could be given to a Black/Red Dragon member. I know Kobra had one in MKA, but fuck him. Mavado could certainly use it as his own weapon. As for Jason's melee attacks, they'd suit Hsu Hao and Jax. Smoke should gain a variation of Jason's misty teleport.

Kratos: His bow moves should go to either Nightwolf or Kung Jin. Ashrah can blind her opponents with bright light like Kratos did with that severed head. That slow-motion jumping move should go to Taven since he can stop time, so slowing it wouldn't be much of a stretch.
Harley Quinn's mallet moves can become hammer ones for Shao Kahn, and he could be assisted by his pet in the MK9 throne room stage the same way HQ is assisted by hers. Attack dogs might work for Stryker, too.
Wonder Woman throwing weapons from above and stomping her foe would suit Sheeva, too.

I absolutely love these ideas.
Viser
10/17/2016 01:41 AM (UTC)
JasonVPred Wrote:

I absolutely love these ideas.

seconded. I truly hope Mk gets rid of guest characters entirely, but i know that's a pipe dream.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.