Johnny Cages Death(s)
posted08/18/2016 06:44 PM (UTC)by
tabmok99
About Me

For the most in-depth, in-detail, Mortal Kombat lore analysis vids, there's only one source:

https://www.youtube.com/tabmok99

Hello all,

I made a video showing all of Johnny Cage's deaths over the years.... up to and including Mortal Kombat X.

I don't think I left anything out, but let me know if there's something I missed!

Cheers,
]{
lastfighter89
08/01/2016 06:46 PM (UTC)
Johnny died in MK3 original timeline (killed by Motaro, as shown in the story mode of MK9; never understood the role of the exterminatioon squads), in MK DA (but everyone else was killed in that game) and MK Armageddon.

In MK DA waskilled by the Tarkatan hordes. In MK Armageddon was beheaded by an unknown warrior, who could be a foe or an ally, considering that everyone snapped after Blaze showed up.

While this made the character more original from the rest, the game is full of dead and resurrected characters.

1) Kung Lao: killed in the endings of both him and Liu Kang in MK 3; absent in MK4 and replaced by Kai for this very reason. MK gold came with a retcon where he faked his own death. Killed again in MK DA, Armageddon and MK9. He died more times than Johnny.

2) Liu Kang: killed in MK Da; resurrected as a zombie; killed again as zombi during Armageddon. Killed by Raiden and resurrected as Revenant.

3) Mileena: killed in MK2. Killed in MK Gold (later retconned in being "imprisoned" for several years), killed in Armageddon, Killed in MK X

4) Shao Kahn: killed in mk3 (later retconned), killed in MK DA (later retconned with e death of a clone created through black magic), killed in MK 9.

5) Reptile: possessed by Onaga (thus, its original body dead), killed as Onaga, killed in Armageddon as Reptile

6) Baraka: stiches all over his body in MK Gold (a joke reference to Kung Lao's fatality in MK2), killed in Armageddon and MKx.

7)Motaro: killed in mk3(as explained in Kano's konquest mode in MK DA), killed during Armageddon, Killed in MK9. In Armageddon he was made bipedal, which is a poetic way to kill his character.

8)Goro: allegedly killed in MK1, retconned in MK 4, killed again in MK DA, retconned again in Deceptiom for Gamecube/Unchained, killed in Armageddon, humiliated in MK X comics, a no shower in MK X Story Mode.

9)Kintaro: killed in MK 2, retconned in MK zdeception's konquest mode(it is said that he was one of the many Generals in Shao Kahn's army). killed in Armageddon and MK X comics.

10) Sindel: killed even before her debut as a MK character. Killed in Armageddon and Resurrected as a Revenant.

11) Scorpion: killed by sub-zero in mythologies; returned to hell at the end of MK 2(reason why he is absent in MK3 standard edition), killed in his own ending in MK DA, killed dueing Armageddon.

12)Li Mei: killed in her ending in MK DA(later retconned into being saved st the lwst second by Bo'Rai Cho), killed in Armageddon

13)shang Tsung: killed in deception's intro; resurrected and killed again in MK Armageddon, killed again in MK 9.

14)jasx: killed in MK DA, resurrected in Unchained; turned into a cyborg in Sonya's bio(or that's what is hinted) in Armageddon; killed in Armageddon; killed in MK 9.

15) killed in MK DA; killed again in MK Armageddon and Mk9.

16) BI han: killed in MK 1 and resurrected as Noob; killed in Armageddon; killed in MK 9 (twice, one time as Sub Zero).

There are several others, though
KenshiMaster16
08/01/2016 08:01 PM (UTC)
Oooooo nice, will definitely have to watch this later tonight.
frabn
About Me

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?

08/01/2016 11:03 PM (UTC)
lastfighter89 Wrote:
(killed by Motaro, as shown in the story mode of MK9; never understood the role of the exterminatioon squads), in

The Extermination Squads were Shao Kahn's way of getting rid of his enemies so that he wouldn't have to do it himself via Kombat. In the original timeline, everyone on earth disappeared except for the Chosen Warriors. MK3 insinuates that there were actually many worthy warriors within Earthrealm that we had never seen before, but Kahn's extermination squads were wiping them out.

The MK9 storyline shows that while Kahn's invasion caught the world by surprise, the world wasn't stripped of all life. There were still many Earthrealmers alive during the invasion, and the Extermination Squads were doing battle with the military.

Don't think of that as retconning, think of it more as the MK team being able to realize the vision of what they had intended more than they could in the past thanks to the depth of the story mode and modern tech.
tabmok99
About Me

For the most in-depth, in-detail, Mortal Kombat lore analysis vids, there's only one source:

https://www.youtube.com/tabmok99

08/01/2016 11:17 PM (UTC)
MK9 shows Motaro had killed Johnny Cage; MK Trilogy mentioned it was an Extermination Squad. Since MK3 stated that Motaro was head of Shao Kahn's Extermination Squads, this is internally consistent. (Consistent, that is, if we ignore MKDA, which implied that Johnny Cage's "real life adventures" were nothing like him being killed and resurrected).

From the MK3 instruction booklet:

lastfighter89
08/02/2016 02:35 PM (UTC)
Yeah Frabn, but the question is: was Johnny killed by the Extermination Squads (Trilogy) OR Motaro (MK9)?

While Motaro was the squads leader, there's a huge difference in being killed from random dudes or by the mighty Motaro.

Yeah, Im nitpicking, but Johnny's my favourite.glasses
saiZero
About Me

08/18/2016 06:44 PM (UTC)
lastfighter89 Wrote:
Yeah Frabn, but the question is: was Johnny killed by the Extermination Squads (Trilogy) OR Motaro (MK9)?

While Motaro was the squads leader, there's a huge difference in being killed from random dudes or by the mighty Motaro.

Yeah, Im nitpicking, but Johnny's my favourite.glasses

omfg are u not able to read? Kombat JUST addressed this motaro/extermination squad questions and answered it.

if that wasnt enough for u: in MK3's story attract mode, it even shows CENTAURS running to eliminate earths warriors.

Thunder2786
04/16/2019 12:12 AM (UTC)
lastfighter89
Johnny died in MK3 original timeline (killed by Motaro, as shown in the story mode of MK9; never understood the role of the exterminatioon squads), in MK DA (but everyone else was killed in that game) and MK Armageddon.

In MK DA waskilled by the Tarkatan hordes. In MK Armageddon was beheaded by an unknown warrior, who could be a foe or an ally, considering that everyone snapped after Blaze showed up.

While this made the character more original from the rest, the game is full of dead and resurrected characters.

Wait Johnny Cage was killed by Tarkatan hordes? The same ones that serves as punching bag in MK history? Damn,Johnny Cage was really weak in the original timeline.

Thunder2786
04/16/2019 12:15 AM (UTC)
lastfighter89
15) killed in MK DA; killed again in MK Armageddon and Mk9.

Kitana?

Guilherme-0
02/26/2020 08:06 PM (UTC)

many deaths...

Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.