Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.3%)
Jade (42.6%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.2%)
Freddy Krueger (9.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]
  • December 7th, 2017
    Atom Battles Black Manta in Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • November 28th, 2017
    Captain Marvel Almost Returned in Injustice Fighter Pack 0 [Read On]
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

DC Universe Injustice

Discussing DC Injustice and Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 08/14/2016 01:52 AMStatus ::
Boon Polls More Injustice 2 Characters - Red Hoods, More

Injustice 2 already has exciting new additions like Supergirl, Blue Beetle, Gorilla Grodd and Atrocitus, but there's still plenty of room to be filled in the 2017 roster!

Uncle Ed [Boon] ended another week tapping at his phone to ask fans their preferences for a variety of characters. The first of two Twitter polls asked which incarnation of the Red Hood fans would rather see. With 81% of 15,868 votes registered; sidekick gone rogue Jason Todd was far and away the preferred choice. He dominated the original crimson dome and tails of The Joker's ill fated first persona.

From 1983 to '89, Jason Todd served as the second young hero to be Batman's sidekick Robin. He famously stole the tyres off the Batmobile and showed aggressive tendencies toward arch-nemesis Two-Face, and others. He was eventually beaten to death with a crowbar by The Joker in A Death In The Family: a story with a fatal outcome decided by telephone vote. He returned ambiguously in 2003, before adopting the Red Hood persona inspired by his killer throughout 2005.

In a second poll, it was a fresh batch of miscellaneous heroes and villains. Teen Titan Starfire edged her way to victory with 43% of 12,874 votes. She edged out chain smoking, trenchcoated occultist John Constantine (32%) and armored acquatic villain Black Manta, who secured a quarter (25%) of the votes. We've already seen Manta lurking the waters of Atlantis in stage transitions, possibly affecting enthusiasm in the vote.

Which heroes and villains do you hope to see? Register to share your thoughts about everything from Injustice 2 to Suicide Squad on the DC Universe Injustice forum! Like and share stories via @MK_Online and Facebook.

DetoxPosted: 08/11/2016 07:12 PMStatus ::

Visits::4247
Nationality::United States
Boon more or less confirms *A* Red Hood

Boon took to Twitter today to ask which Red Hood they should use for Injustice 2, The Joker or Jason Todd? Seeing as how Joker's Red Hood already made Injustice as an alt.(his was more flashy maitre d' than motorcycle fetish, don't you know?), I'd say Jason Todd is the likely Hood we get.

Excited? Betrayed? Disheveled? To pooped to pop? Sound off below!

Photobucket

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
Dragon Points:
DG1OAPosted: 08/13/2016 12:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::5273
RE: Boon more or less confirms *A* Red Hood

As far as I'm concerned, I'd be neither excited nor disappointed about the JT version, unless he was replacing one of my favorites from the first game. Even then, I'd only be slightly disappointed.

DetoxPosted: 08/13/2016 03:57 PMStatus ::

DG1OA Wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, I'd be neither excited nor disappointed about the JT version, unless he was replacing one of my favorites from the first game. Even then, I'd only be slightly disappointed.

After watching the fight scene in "Under the Red Hood" a while back, I could absolutely see him replacing Deathstroke.

Photobucket

DG1OAPosted: 08/14/2016 02:54 PMStatus ::

Visits::5273

Detox Wrote:
DG1OA Wrote:

After watching the fight scene in "Under the Red Hood" a while back, I could absolutely see him replacing Deathstroke.

What's this obsession with replacing characters? Why not keep everyone (except Scorpion) and add more?

Also, what's the difference the two Red Hoods? Did the Joker one fight any differently than either his Joker self or Jason Todd, enough to justify his inclusion alongside his Joker self rather than as an alt again, and over JT?

KenshiMaster16Posted: 08/14/2016 07:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::10125

DG1OA Wrote:
Detox Wrote:
DG1OA Wrote:

What's this obsession with replacing characters? Why not keep everyone (except Scorpion) and add more?

Also, what's the difference the two Red Hoods? Did the Joker one fight any differently than either his Joker self or Jason Todd, enough to justify his inclusion alongside his Joker self rather than as an alt again, and over JT?

Characters and their gimmicks, at least for me, get stale after a while and thus I stop touching them and move to other characters. If someone gets a break for a game or two and comes back, refreshed, with a bunch of new stuff then I'm always more tempted to pick them back up again. But that's just my experience with MK and other fighters.

As for the Joker version of Red Hood, if memory serves, then he's just a regular gangster with no gimmicks, that was his disguise before taking the chemical bath that turns him into Joker so obviously the JT version is way more popular of a pick. Could see him being an alt. though if they care enough to include it.

DetoxPosted: 08/14/2016 09:48 PMStatus ::

DG1OA Wrote:
Detox Wrote:
DG1OA Wrote:

I was speaking strictly from a gameplay perspective. Deathstroke and Red Hood are nearly interchangeable in that aspect. Otherwise, I could care less if Deathstroke is replaced or not from a story perspective.

As for the Red Hood. From what I recall, Red Hood was a monicker that was used by a lot of low level guys, including the man that would become the Joker. Jason Todd adopted the monicker kind of in that same vein. He's just kind of twisted the identity to be a crime Fighter.

Photobucket

Mick-LuciferPosted: 08/14/2016 11:58 PMStatus ::

Visits::19577

Red Hood (Jason Todd) is Nightwing with pistols. Acrobatics with a meaner, dirtier edge.

Deathstroke should be a whole different ball game. Guns, swords, low armor, hard counters.

OG Red Hood is a fun Joker skin.

Better The Devil you know...
MK Online Forums: Share your interests, broaden your horizons and support the kommunity with discussion forums for every topic. No whining!
[Killswitch]Posted: 08/15/2016 01:39 AMStatus ::

Visits::19210

Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
Red Hood (Jason Todd) is Nightwing with pistols. Acrobatics with a meaner, dirtier edge.

Deathstroke should be a whole different ball game. Guns, swords, low armor, hard counters.

My man!

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong
JasonVPredPosted: 08/15/2016 02:14 AMStatus ::

Visits::904
RE: Boon Polls More Injustice 2 Characters - Red Hoods, More

Really, Starfire won over Black Manta and Constantine? That surprises me but I know she is a popular character.

... here's your Subzero, now plain zero.
DetoxPosted: 08/15/2016 05:36 PMStatus ::

Mick-Lucifer Wrote:

Great points. I tend to block out Red Hood's acrobatics for some strange reason.

Would love to see Joker's Red Hood alt again.

Photobucket

MurcielagoPosted: 08/17/2016 12:26 AMStatus ::

Visits::2471

If Starfire and Red Hood made it in, I'll preorder immediately.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
PSN: Inxomniac
Human-Smoke-4-everPosted: 08/17/2016 01:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::1794
Nationality::Ireland

I hope they don't flood this game with Bat characters like last time. DC has a huge roster of unique characters.

Why couldn't this ending have happened?
FROIDPosted: 08/18/2016 02:03 PMStatus ::

Visits::2111

Human-Smoke-4-ever Wrote:
I hope they don't flood this game with Bat characters like last time. DC has a huge roster of unique characters.

Like Black Lightning for instance. grrrrrrrr

Human-Smoke-4-everPosted: 08/22/2016 02:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::1794
Nationality::Ireland

FROID Wrote:
Human-Smoke-4-ever Wrote:

Like Black Lightning for instance. grrrrrrrr

Just about half of the roster for the last game was Bat related. Seems to be going to continue [I know about the SS movie but Harley and Deadshot were Bat foes at one point] Now bot Red Hoods [aka Joker and Robin II] No thanks.

Why couldn't this ending have happened?
Page of 1

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.