Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (22.4%)
Jade (46.9%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (22.4%)
Freddy Krueger (8.1%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • October 15th, 2017
    Lost Kontent: Raiden Adventure Game Screenshot [Read On]
  • October 15th, 2017
    Raiden Strikes in Injustice 2 Mobile [Read On]
  • October 5th, 2017
    Xavier Woods is Raiden in WWE Immortals [Read On]
  • October 5th, 2017
    Hi-Res Injustice Raiden & Black Lightning Artwork [Read On]
  • October 3rd, 2017
    First-Look Trailer Introduces Atom to Injustice 2 [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Media & Merchandise

Discussing Mortal Kombat in Movies, Television, New Media and Merchandising.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 10/20/2016 01:30 AMStatus ::
Mortal Kurio: New Yorker Calls Kombat Time on Trump

With its warring factions and dwindling rogues gallery of bizarre support players; the 2016 United States Presidential race has, at times, looked a lot like the Outworld Civil War seen in Mortal Kombat X!

The final debate took place last night (October 19th), and The New Yorker Afternoon Cartoon commented on the mood, depicting the third round with vocabulary we can all understand:

The cartoon features perrenial Mortal Kombat mascot Scorpion issuing a single command to Democratic Candidate Hillary Clinton: "Finish him."

The "him" in question is celebrity mogul turned controversial Republican Candidate Donald Trump. Preliminary polling of the debate by CNN suggests she may have succeeded.

In the interest of balanced political reporting, we might question how the endorsement of a denizen of the Netherrealm reflects on Secretary Clinton. On the other hand, maybe it's just surprising that the angry male shouting "come here!" as he drags his foes by the throat didn't choose Trump! Better the throat than any other part of the anatomy, we're sure.

The gag is the work of New Yorker cartoonist Benjamin Schwartz, who shared his preliminary sketch with inquisitive readers via Twitter. That's also how we know for sure the klassic kombatant is Scorpion, not any of his palette swapped counterparts. You can find more of his contributions on The New Yorker website.

Does the cartoon depict a political endorsement, or is it merely ushering the candidate to an inevitable conclusion? Oh, those New Yorker cartoons. They really make you think!

Mortal Kombat Online isn't confident the deceased can legally register to vote in the United States, but even if they could, Scorpion's a citizen of Japan, and would therefore not be elligible. We will of course be sharing this information with the appropriate authorities.

[Fandom Votes: Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2016!]

Who would you vote for in a Mortal Kombat election? Register to start the debate in the Fan Koliseum! Find more Mortal Kombat in the wider world by checking out the Media & Merchandise forum! Got your own kombat kartoons? Submit your artwork for feature in the Fan Submission archive!

frabnPosted: 10/20/2016 11:44 AMStatus ::

Visits::539
Nationality::United States
RE: Mortal Kurio: New Yorker Calls Kombat Time on Trump

Not sure if I should be thrilled at Mortal Kombat crossing boundaries here and being acknowledged in an uppity, snooty publication...or absolutely disgusted that Mortal Kombat is being utilized in favor of that fucking corrupt, murdering liar Hillary Clinton.

I'm leaning toward the latter.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
Tetra_VegaPosted: 10/20/2016 12:43 PMStatus ::

Visits::2421
Nationality::Canada

The FBI's investigatons are over, she ain't been charged with fuck all.

Every word out of Trump's mouth is a god damned lie, except his fucking name.
He's a swindling cheapskate, putting folks out of business because he didn't pay them in full for their work. Filthy, sleazy, corrupt, conman. Hateful windbag. Makes shit up without any factual backing. Denies facts, and wont let shit go, even after his claims have been debunked, and disproven with audio, and video evidence. Doesn't answer questions properly, rambling, ranting, and raving about shit that has nothing to do with the questions asked.

This easily triggered, loose cannon shouldn't be in charge of anything, let alone nuclear weapons. "Why can't we use 'em?" SERIOUSLY, WTF?! Now he's going on about not having as many nukes as other countries, and wanting to catch up. Really now?
Fucking dumbass bullshit.

Ka-Tra

13 YEARS! ^[2004-10 Komics Sig by Siklooted, tyvm]^ [2012-15 Komics *NEW 11/24/2015*] "Circling Vulture, Laughing Hyena" "All good things, in moderation..." "Mean what you say, and say what you mean. You never know, I could be a Djinn..." True story, it happened to a friend of a friend of mine... EVERYBODY!
frabnPosted: 10/20/2016 03:19 PMStatus ::

And Hillary is "better"?

The investigation is over because she has people in her pocket. People have been killed because they have shit on her. People died because she didn't give a damn about our people overseaas. She's one of the most corrupt politicians to ever run for the seat of the Presidency. Evidence of the corruption is everywhere. FFS...the golden savior of the hipster millennial generation, Bernie Sanders, was rooted out by hillary and her cronies in the DNC, and that's publicly known and admitted.

I also love how Assange was a "crusader of justice" and WikiLeaks was the "ultimate free speech" while exposing Bush administration corruption...but now that he's releasing all the stuff on hillary's endless, disgusting corruption, all of a sudden Assange is a "liar" and "cyberterrorist" and WikiLeaks is "just another right-wing nutjob conspiracy web site".

I LOL hard at that bullshit.

Blind. Brainwashed. Hypocritcal.

At least we know Trump is a dipshit blowhard. The tip of the iceberg of hillary's corruption hasn't even begun to reveal itself. There is no good option.

Tetra_VegaPosted: 10/20/2016 06:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::2421
Nationality::Canada

"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos."

Ka-Tra

13 YEARS! ^[2004-10 Komics Sig by Siklooted, tyvm]^ [2012-15 Komics *NEW 11/24/2015*] "Circling Vulture, Laughing Hyena" "All good things, in moderation..." "Mean what you say, and say what you mean. You never know, I could be a Djinn..." True story, it happened to a friend of a friend of mine... EVERYBODY!
blacksaibotPosted: 10/20/2016 08:32 PMStatus ::

Visits::9022
Nationality::Bahamas

Went very viral on facebook.

I don't know why we're arguing over Trump and Clinton. We all know both are terrible.

Vote third party to send the jack ass donkeys and fat ass elephants a clear message.

AJBluePosted: 10/20/2016 11:08 PMStatus ::

Visits::5271

frabn Wrote:
Not sure if I should be thrilled at Mortal Kombat crossing boundaries here and being acknowledged in an uppity, snooty publication...or absolutely disgusted that Mortal Kombat is being utilized in favor of that fucking corrupt, murdering liar Hillary Clinton.

Shouldn't you be out on a ledge somewhere? Don't forget your tinfoil hat. Not surprised you're Trump supporter though.

blacksaibot Wrote:

I don't know why we're arguing over Trump and Clinton. We all know both are terrible.

Vote third party to send the jack ass donkeys and fat ass elephants a clear message.

Have you seen the two notable third party candidates this year? Jill Stein is a doctor who panders to anti-vaccers and Gary Johnson couldn't find the U.S. on a map. Seriously, he's running for President and doesn't know what Aleppo is.

Say what you want about Hillary, but she's smarter than the other three turds put together.

frabnPosted: 10/21/2016 12:32 PMStatus ::

AJBlue Wrote:
frabn Wrote:

Shouldn't you be out on a ledge somewhere? Don't forget your tinfoil hat. Not surprised you're Trump supporter though.

blacksaibot Wrote:

Have you seen the two notable third party candidates this year? Jill Stein is a doctor who panders to anti-vaccers and Gary Johnson couldn't find the U.S. on a map. Seriously, he's running for President and doesn't know what Aleppo is.

Say what you want about Hillary, but she's smarter than the other three turds put together.

Am I now?

That’s cute how you just knee-jerk assume I support Trump because I see how deep Hillary’s corruption runs. As I said earlier – WikiLeaks and whistleblowers were heroes during the Bush administration, but during Hillary’s run for presidency, suddenly they’re “cyber terrorists” “whackos” “right wing nuts” and “tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists”. Typical of the blind and deaf support for Hillary. The corruption is rampant and in plain sight. You don’t even need Wikileaks.

As for your comments regarding third party candidates – I wholly agree that both are unacceptable.

No my knee-jerk reacting friend, I am not a Trump supporter. I am staunchly Libertarian, but Johnson is a moron. So is Stein and her anti-vax stance (talk about tin-foil hat). This entire election is a farce. I've never been so disgusted and embarrassed to be American in my whole life.

blacksaibotPosted: 10/21/2016 02:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::9022
Nationality::Bahamas

frabn Wrote:
Am I now?

That’s cute how you just knee-jerk assume I support Trump because I see how deep Hillary’s corruption runs. As I said earlier – WikiLeaks and whistleblowers were heroes during the Bush administration, but during Hillary’s run for presidency, suddenly they’re “cyber terrorists” “whackos” “right wing nuts” and “tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists”. Typical of the blind and deaf support for Hillary. The corruption is rampant and in plain sight. You don’t even need Wikileaks.

As for your comments regarding third party candidates – I wholly agree that both are unacceptable.

No my knee-jerk reacting friend, I am not a Trump supporter. I am staunchly Libertarian, but Johnson is a moron. So is Stein and her anti-vax stance (talk about tin-foil hat). This entire election is a farce. I've never been so disgusted and embarrassed to be American in my whole life.

So what are you saying? You're voting for Trump?

frabnPosted: 10/21/2016 04:38 PMStatus ::

blacksaibot Wrote:
:

So what are you saying? You're voting for Trump?

Nah, abstaining this year most likely

Venkman28Posted: 10/21/2016 08:33 PMStatus ::

Visits::95

This isn't the first time I've seen Mortal Kombat used in politics.

There was a show (can't remember if it was the Daily Show or an online show), they showed a picture of Hillary's victory over Bernie with Sub-Zero's MK 1 Spine Rip scene with Hillary's head photoshopped onto Sub-Zero's body with Bernie's head on the spine.

I know what I have given you. I do not know what you have received.
FROIDPosted: 10/22/2016 06:18 PMStatus ::

Visits::2097

I'm voting Trump.

Whether you like it or not, It is of no consequence.

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain.

wdm6789Posted: 10/22/2016 10:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::22

Both candidates are shitty, but only one is a corrupt, criminal, elitist politician. We should all vote against confirmed corrupt politicians.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 10/23/2016 02:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::10115

#MakeAmericaGropeAgain

#ImWithHer

Cute cartoon though.

KineticPosted: 10/25/2016 04:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::7946

It's like Reptile and Tanya are running for office. One is an evil idiot with no political experience. The other has tons of political experience, but changes sides at the drop of a hat.

And the third party candidates are no better.

That's why I'm writing in "Bernie Sanders." It won't make a ∂@₥И difference, but I'm not voting for Trump or Clinton.

Page of 1

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.