Marvel vs Capcom Infinite 2017
posted12/14/2017 09:04 PM (UTC)by
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

According to Polygon a new entry in the celebrated franchise is due in 2017, and will be announced at Sony's PlayStation Experience which happens this week. News is slim, but apparently we should only be looking for characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe to appear(omitting X Men characters for the first time in series history).

Look forward to more news and possibly a trailer, coming soon.

Excited? Indifferent? Burned by Street Fighter V's slow start? Sound off below!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
11/29/2016 01:47 AM (UTC)
A little bummed about the prospect of movie focus, but we'll see how it goes.
TomTaz
About Me

"Retirement my ass!"

11/29/2016 05:06 PM (UTC)
No X-Men characters? Really? That .... sucks. X-Men are among my favorite Marvel characters. I don't understand the reasoning here. Doubt I'll be picking this up then. Marvel Vs Capcom without any X characters? Weird.
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

11/29/2016 10:31 PM (UTC)
TomTaz Wrote:
No X-Men characters? Really? That .... sucks. X-Men are among my favorite Marvel characters. I don't understand the reasoning here. Doubt I'll be picking this up then. Marvel Vs Capcom without any X characters? Weird.

Yeah seriously. Like....really? No Storm? I'm already bummed.
$unknown
11/30/2016 12:29 AM (UTC)
No X-Men characters is something unconfirmed yet,there's a couple of things going on right now like the game is 2vs2 with assists and some other shit,must wait for PSX/Capcom Cup.
AlphaQ_Up
About Me

If it tastes like chicken, keep on lickin'. If it smells like trout, then get the f*** out!

11/30/2016 04:10 AM (UTC)
Not just Xmen, but also Fantastic 4.

So that means we're not getting Deadpool, Dr Doom, Galactus, or Super Skrull either.

I seriously hope they fix the "first one to land a combo wins the match" type gameplay. It seriously took the fun out of it for me. Fuckin Wesker/Vergil/Magneto teams.
Zentile
12/01/2016 02:25 AM (UTC)
I already boycotted MvC3 for lack of Cyclops. Looks like I'll stay that way.
FROID
About Me

12/03/2016 08:02 PM (UTC)
Zentile Wrote:
I already boycotted MvC3 for lack of Cyclops. Looks like I'll stay that way.

Same here #WeWantCyclops
DG1OA
12/04/2016 12:52 AM (UTC)
And I was hoping to see the Punisher run over Wolverine with a steamroller again, or use Spider-Man as a shield against big breasted Russian men. Oh well.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
12/04/2016 04:16 AM (UTC)
Infinite... DLC?
Detox
About Me

12/04/2016 07:38 PM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
Infinite... DLC?

You'd have to assume something to that effect, yes? I'm assuming they're likely looking at MVC as a platform going forward ala SFV. Hopefully they've hammered out a more long term agreement with Marvel, should that be the case.

Early gameplay looks like this is gonna be 2v2 with some type of gem mechanic akin to SFxT.
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

12/04/2016 07:39 PM (UTC)
Bro, they sold me on X.
Detox
About Me

12/04/2016 11:00 PM (UTC)
Looks like two more characters plus an extended gameplay trailer will be airing at some point during ESPN2's presentation of the Capcom Cup SFV finals tonight. 8:30 eastern time, for those interested.
Detox
About Me

12/05/2016 02:00 AM (UTC)
Morrigan(Darkstalkers) and Captain America were the two characters revealed during the Capcom Cup finals.

Initial footage of this game looks promising. I've always had an interest in the series, but just found them to be way too much. Sensory overload personified. I may actually learn this one.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

12/05/2016 05:34 AM (UTC)
Trying to think of some of the interesting new characters that might fill the X-void. A lot of tight martial artist options would be fun newbies: Black Panther, Daredevil, Shang-Chi, Black Widow. Winter Soldier, Blade, Elektra, Bullseye - even Kingpin would be a blast. Will be glad to see Iron Fist return from UMVC3.

Doctor Strange and a Ghost Rider would be a good couple of Ultimate MVC3 characters to bring back, too. Even if it's the Robbie Reyes GR.

We'll probably get more Guardians of the Galaxy, if not the movie heroes: Groot, Rocket, Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Nebula. Maybe Drax could play a bit like Wolverine, if they actually do cut him. If they go all out and cut Deadpool, The Punisher might fit into that role. Luke Cage could get the She-Hulk spot, if she goes.

Some interesting movie options: Vision could be interesting (especially if Ultron is involved as a big bad). Falcon could be a lot of fun. Vutture would be an interesting curve ball, especially as a rival to Falcon. Shocker could be a fun, but unlikely choice. Quicksilver could be something new and interesting. Scarlet Witch could pick up the slack for Phoanix or Storm. Gotta think Thanos factors in at some point. A comics style Ronan could be fun. Ant-Man has a lot of potential.

Sub-Mariner got some buzz earlier in the year, confirmed at Marvel Ent. He might be a fun character to play around with. Maybe they could swerve everyone with the Jim Hammond OG Human Torch. Invaders team ftw. Can't forget that the Sony deal might open up some interesting options on the Spidey end, too. This could be the game to bring Venom back, for instance.

I'm sure we'll get some new school representation. Stretchy Kamala Kahn taking over for Super-Skrull? Maybe Squirrel Girl gets to toss some rodents around.

As much as it's a shame to lose the FOX licenses, there's a lot they could bring in!

Detox Wrote:
Morrigan(Darkstalkers) and Captain America were the two characters revealed during the Capcom Cup finals.

Hoping they'll have some classic costume options.

- Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Extended Gameplay Trailer [YouTube]

$unknown
12/06/2016 03:38 AM (UTC)
Ant Man,Groot,Rocket Raccoon and Dr Strange are rumoured to be in the game. FF/Xmen are coming to MVC Infinite as DLC.
Detox
About Me

04/25/2017 05:18 PM (UTC)
Today, Capcom announced MvC Infinite's release date and bundle options. The game will release on September 19 and will have three different options to purchase.

The standard edition will of course be the base game for $60(rounded up).

The deluxe addition will be the base game with access to the first 6 dlc characters for $90.

The final collectors edition will come with the season pass as well as four interlocking statues of Mega Man, Chun Li, Captain Marvel, and Iron Man along with a box of light up Infinity Stones all for $130.

Eight new characters were also revealed with the announcement. They are...

-Ultron
-Hulk
-Thor
-Hawkeye
-Rocket Raccoon
-Chun-Li
-Strider Hiryu
-Chris Redfield

The villain for the game's Cinematic Story mode will be Ultron Sigma. An amalgamation of Ultron and Mega Man's Sigma(who will be the first dlc character). Dark Kahn, anyone?

Pretty robust announcement with the one negative being the "no X-Men" rumor is slowly being proven to be correct. Really weird decision.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/25/2017 06:24 PM (UTC)
- Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite - Story Trailer 1 [YouTube]

I guess robo bosses with purple highlights are in this year.
$unknown
04/25/2017 11:35 PM (UTC)
Detox Wrote:
Today, Capcom announced MvC Infinite's release date and bundle options. The game will release on September 19 and will have three different options to purchase.

The standard edition will of course be the base game for $60(rounded up).

The deluxe addition will be the base game with access to the first 6 dlc characters for $90.

The final collectors edition will come with the season pass as well as four interlocking statues of Mega Man, Chun Li, Captain Marvel, and Iron Man along with a box of light up Infinity Stones all for $130.

Eight new characters were also revealed with the announcement. They are...

-Ultron
-Hulk
-Thor
-Hawkeye
-Rocket Raccoon
-Chun-Li
-Strider Hiryu
-Chris Redfield

The villain for the game's Cinematic Story mode will be Ultron Sigma. An amalgamation of Ultron and Mega Man's Sigma(who will be the first dlc character). Dark Kahn, anyone?

Pretty robust announcement with the one negative being the "no X-Men" rumor is slowly being proven to be correct. Really weird decision.

I'll wait for that "No Xmen" to be proven real,and word says they are simplifying the controls like Ryu's Shoryuken to a down,down motion,pretty stupid move from Capcom,i hope it's optional if true.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/28/2017 04:09 AM (UTC)
- Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite - Gameplay Trailer 2 [YouTube]

Ultron's looking like a fun addition. I like the Space Stone box gimmick, too!
Maverick_Hunter_V
05/09/2017 05:16 AM (UTC)
So is this for sure 2 v 2? I was watching some of the stuff and I noticed there's only two a team. Isn't that weird to anyone else?
Detox
About Me

05/10/2017 01:30 AM (UTC)
Maverick_Hunter_V Wrote:
So is this for sure 2 v 2? I was watching some of the stuff and I noticed there's only two a team. Isn't that weird to anyone else?

It is indeed. Going back to the series roots(X Men vs Street Fighter). Personally I'm finding the 2 v 2 format more appealing. MvC3 was way too...frenetic for me to get into.
$unknown
05/10/2017 02:16 AM (UTC)
Rocket Raccoon with Groot as an "assist" was leaked after MVCI announcement and officially revealed couple days ago and now with a short clip of gameplay:

Rocket Raccoon/Groot gameplay clip

There are more characters leaked that are already posted in this thread that i believe due to ROcket/Groot confirmation and i'm positive that XMen characters will come,not in the base roster but later.
$unknown
05/31/2017 02:14 AM (UTC)
Roster leaked,it seems,Nemesis and Arthur?,fuck off,there are so many awesome/obscure characters in Capcom IPS....well,at least there's the Xmen.Hyped for Jedah and Thanos.

Capcom:
Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Marvel:
Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.