Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • October 16th, 2018
    Tomorrow’s MKO Twitch Stream to feature speedrunning champ, Outworld! [Read On]
  • October 4th, 2018
    Super Combat Fighter, 2D Digitized Fighting Game, coming soon! [Read On]
  • September 25th, 2018
    Upcoming Mortal Kombat Online Twitch Stream to feature Cary Tagawa [Read On]
  • September 16th, 2018
    MKO Live Stream to Feature Author of NBA Jam: The Book [Read On]
  • August 6th, 2018
    MKO's Interviews with the Film Cast: Coming Thursday [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (56.9%)
Out of kredits. (43.0%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

2D Kombat Klassics

Discussing the 2D MK Klassics: Everything from the Original to Rereleases.
Page of 1

NickGemini12Posted: 12/01/2016 02:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::0
Nationality::United States
Whatever happened to Michael OBrien? (Strykers MK3 Actor)

After the recent MK Reunions, I was wondering what ever happened to Michael O'Brien? (The actor who portrayed Kurtis Stryker in MK3-UMK3,MKT? Out of all the MK1-MK3 Actors, Michael O'Brien was the one that never appeared in the behind the scenes stuff & appearences. Wondered what ever became of him. Was he a real life actor, martial artist, fitness instructor or friend of someone at midway?

There are unsmiling faces and bright plastic chains And a wheel in perpetual motion And they follow the races and pay out the gains With no show of an outward emotion And they think it will make their lives easier For God knows up till now it's been hard But the game never ends when your whole world depends On the turn of a friendly card No the game never ends when your whole world depends On the turn of a friendly card There's a sign in the desert that lies to the west Where you can't tell the night from the sunrise And not all the king's horses and all the king's men Have prevented the fall of the unwise For they think it will make their lives easier And God knows up till now it's been hard But the game never ends when your whole world depends On the turn of a friendly card No the game never ends when your whole world depends On the turn of a friendly card But a pilgrim must follow in search of a shrine As he enters inside the cathedral...
MathUserPosted: 12/11/2016 09:38 AMStatus ::

Visits::68
RE: Whatever happened to Michael OBrien? (Strykers MK3 Actor)

I wonder why he don't go to conventions either. I know his character was unpopular, but he really started to get powerful in MKT. He was one of my favorite characters in that game.

NickGemini12Posted: 12/21/2016 01:55 PMStatus ::

I agree, Stryker was one of my favorites in MK3. Also, Apparently. Michael O'Brien has starred in several other films. He had a speaking role in the Touched by an Angel episode "Family Business" & had a brief appearance in the 1994 film Chasers. Nothing else is much know about him. The MK Wikia mentioned he was born in 1970. Which would have made him 24-25 years old when MK3 was made, I actually thought he looked much older in MK3. He looked like he was in his late 30s early 40s in the game. Is it possible he didn't get along with the midway staff or was difficult to work with? Which would explain him not being involved with Mortal Kombat stuff. Cause he didn't even appear in the making of Mortal Kombat 3 video.

There are unsmiling faces and bright plastic chains And a wheel in perpetual motion And they follow the races and pay out the gains With no show of an outward emotion And they think it will make their lives easier For God knows up till now it's been hard But the game never ends when your whole world depends On the turn of a friendly card No the game never ends when your whole world depends On the turn of a friendly card There's a sign in the desert that lies to the west Where you can't tell the night from the sunrise And not all the king's horses and all the king's men Have prevented the fall of the unwise For they think it will make their lives easier And God knows up till now it's been hard But the game never ends when your whole world depends On the turn of a friendly card No the game never ends when your whole world depends On the turn of a friendly card But a pilgrim must follow in search of a shrine As he enters inside the cathedral...
MKMANIAMPosted: 05/21/2018 10:39 PMStatus ::

The DOB on the MK Wiki was poorly provided by somebody who just went into Ancestry records for the name and considering there are in fact a TON of Michael O'Brien's in the world, just randomly assumed one of them was him and left it as it was. I went in and erased the poorly researched DOB, plus he was in a movie in 1982 as band member. Highly doubt he would've been 12.

I guess we'll never know what happened to him though. Hopefully nothing serious. Maybe he has to lay low for legal reasons? Ironic, considering Stryker is a cop. But who knows?

RaidenOrRaindenPosted: 06/08/2018 09:25 PMStatus ::

Tobias told me at a convention a few years back, he had just turned 28 during the making of MK3. It's an Irish thing! We don't age well! I'm 32, but people always seem to think I'm 40! There's no real knowledge out there where he is now. They've seem to have lost all contact with him. From old disconnected phone numbers to closed e-mail accounts! Kurtis Stryker, the one and only is one mysterious cop!

Page of 1

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.