Playstation network outs preorder character!
posted01/15/2017 05:35 PM (UTC)by
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

With news of the release date, and what looks to be some kind of story trailer on the horizon for the 17th of this month, it looks like another bit of news has fallen through the cracks...

Injustice 2 PSN pre-order page

It looks Like Darkseid will indeed be apart of Injustice 2 as a pre order incentive ala Goro in MKX! The character was highly requested in the first game but sadly reduced to a mere cameo on the Justice League stage transition. Fans of Darkseid were treated much better in Midway's Mortal Kombat vs D.C. Universe title, when one of the most powerful figures in DC lore was not only playable, but a central figure in story mode when he was merged with MK's Shao Kahn to form Dark Kahn.

Happy to see Darkseid make an appearance? Consumed with "THE RAGE" about another pre-order incentive? Sound off below...and well, if you wanna use Darkseid day one...pre order.
Darkhound74
01/14/2017 04:06 AM (UTC)
I mean I don't mind, but I'm sure others will not share that same sentiment because no one enjoys having a character held hostage by preorders. But on a positive note...DARKSEID!!!!
JasonVPred
About Me

... here's your Subzero, now plain zero.

01/14/2017 06:24 AM (UTC)
It is a decent choice, so I am happy for the fans of Darkseid but hopefully Mongul or Despero will still be included.
KenshiMaster16
01/14/2017 07:14 AM (UTC)
Goro....Darkseid.....watch Kahn be next.

Those. Damn. Pre-orders. lol
Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
01/14/2017 03:29 PM (UTC)
Happy for fans of him.

I personally hated him in MKDC but my opinion was based completely on face value. I STILL don't know anything about the character. I am a big fan of villains so I will likely read into him. He shouldn't have been left out of IGAU imo.

Still holding out hope for Scarecrow. Perhaps he will get the same "Stage transition becomes character" treatment.
Detox
About Me

01/14/2017 06:18 PM (UTC)
Looks like all mention of Darkseid has been scrubbed from PSN as of now. Fear not, as it looks like Maximilian got a screen grab up on his twitter...

Maximilian's tweet.

I'm pretty excited for Darkseid, but holding out hope for Swamp Thing! Scarecrow would be sick as well, though.
Warbro666
01/14/2017 11:30 PM (UTC)
Hey guys, it's been awhile but news of Darkseid caused me to resurface! I'm officially excited as fuck for this game now! Darkseid was the only character I truly wanted.

DLC probably means he doesn't play a part in the story though, only downside.
Detox
About Me

01/15/2017 01:53 AM (UTC)
Warbro666 Wrote:
Hey guys, it's been awhile but news of Darkseid caused me to resurface! I'm officially excited as fuck for this game now! Darkseid was the only character I truly wanted.

Welcome back! Happy to see your excitement about Darkseid. As far as his story involvement, who knows? Darkseid doesn't represent the same technical hurdles as Goro did(which is what hindered his involvement), so I gotta believe Darkseid will likely be the new threat being alluded to on social media.
Warbro666
01/15/2017 07:41 AM (UTC)
Detox Wrote:
Warbro666 Wrote:

Welcome back! Happy to see your excitement about Darkseid. As far as his story involvement, who knows? Darkseid doesn't represent the same technical hurdles as Goro did(which is what hindered his involvement), so I gotta believe Darkseid will likely be the new threat being alluded to on social media.

Cheers dude! Good to see you're still floating around =D

Yeah I guess he still has the possibility of being involved in the story. One thing I do hope is that DLC has access to the same level of customization as the regular roster, it would be a shame if NRS follows the same pattern they followed in their previous games with DLC having no access to alternate costumes and shit.

Hope Swamp Thing makes it too btw. Would be a totally rad character.
JohnBoyAdvance
01/15/2017 01:18 PM (UTC)
Darkseid being DLC Preorder is a bit shitty. Happy he is in but hes not going to be a thing.

Which is surprising seeing he has strong ties to Superman and Supergirl.

Pretty much confirms no Furies, Granny Goodness, Apokalips in general.

Right i need to make sure I dont get this game until the XL version. I was bitten with MK9, Injustice and MKX. I learn eventually Netherrealm...
Detox
About Me

01/15/2017 05:35 PM (UTC)
Warbro666 Wrote:
Detox Wrote:
Warbro666 Wrote:

Cheers dude! Good to see you're still floating around =D

Yeah I guess he still has the possibility of being involved in the story. One thing I do hope is that DLC has access to the same level of customization as the regular roster, it would be a shame if NRS follows the same pattern they followed in their previous games with DLC having no access to alternate costumes and shit.

Hope Swamp Thing makes it too btw. Would be a totally rad character.

They'd have to have the same amount of customization, right? That's this game's biggest hook. Would be a huge shame to see otherwise, but not exactly out of line with the way Netherrealm has treated dlc in the past.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.