Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.8%)
Jade (45.4%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (25.4%)
Freddy Krueger (7.2%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Justice League Gear & Events Hit Injustice 2 [Read On]
  • November 11th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 3 Reveals Enchantress & TMNT [Read On]
  • November 10th, 2017
    ELEAGUE Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 3 Reveal Tonight [Read On]
  • November 10th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Xbox One X 4k Enhanced in November Update [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

DC Universe Injustice

Discussing DC Injustice and Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe.
Page of 2

Mick-LuciferPosted: 02/14/2017 09:31 AMStatus ::
Injustice 2: Here Come The Girls Trailer

Spending St. Valentine's Day alone? Injustice 2 has you covered with the latest character reveal trailer! Catwoman, Cheetah and Poison Ivy make their first appearances in a celebration of DC's iconic ladies! Watch:

Poison Ivy is Pamela Isley, a mutated scientist with command over deadly plants, vines, and toxins! She's best known for bedeviling Batman and the citizens of Gotham City, but her feminine wiles were recruited to the side of good in the Injustice comic, hand-picked to counteract yesterdays Regime reveal: Swamp Thing!

Cheetah is Dr. Barbara Ann Minerva, an archaeologist endowed with the speed and strength of her animal kingdom namesake. She primarily uses these powers to cause trouble for the Amazon warrior Wonder Woman, but she's also gone toe-to-toe with many other heroes, including The Flash!

Catwoman needs little or no introduction. Having appeared in Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe and Injustice: Gods Among Us, she's no stranger to NetherRealm Studios fighting games. Always walking a tightrope of morality, she flirts with crime as a Gotham City burglar, but can usually be counted on to help The Dark Knight out of a jam!

These freshly unveiled kickers of butt are joined by Black Canary in the "Here Come The Girls" trailer! You can also see more of Black Canary in action right here!

[Related Article: Injustice 2: The Lines Are Redrawn Story Trailer]

Fans got an earlier glimpse of Poison Ivy during the Lines Are Redrawn trailer and in official character art & bios. This is the first time we've seen the feline pairing of Cheetah and Catwoman, though!

What do you think? Injustice 2 arrives for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in three editions this May! Register to share your thoughts on all things DC Comics on the Injustice forum!

MurcielagoPosted: 02/14/2017 09:41 AMStatus ::

Visits::2471
Nationality::United States
RE: Injustice 2: Here Come The Girls Trailer

Catwomans face is god awful. Jesus Christ NRS. Seeing as that leak is for the most part true, I'm just waiting for Black Adam. I hope they do him (in)justice. HURR HURR.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
PSN: Inxomniac
JohnBoyAdvancePosted: 02/14/2017 10:03 AMStatus ::

Visits::13172
Nationality::United Kingdom

Called it. Didn't call Cheetah in the same trailer.

SlickRick82Posted: 02/14/2017 10:33 AMStatus ::

Visits::2452
Nationality::England

I'm fully in.

Bladdy lovely Sig by Minion. PSN -rlg24 LIVE -WestcountryBlud
[Killswitch]Posted: 02/14/2017 11:13 AMStatus ::

Visits::19203

Selina's face is just absolutely dreadful.

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong
oraclePosted: 02/14/2017 12:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::9362

Catwoman looks like the woman from Orphan Black gone wrong. Ivy kind of looks like Nicole Kidman and Cheetah looks like Injustice 1 Catwoman. Wtf is going on lol.

So the roster leak was definitely true then. Ugh, another game with Joker. This could've just taken place in the regular universe.

Can't tell much gameplay from them but again Cheetah looks a lot like Injustice one Catwoman, I wonder what her trait will be. Even what I assume is part of her ult looks similar.

Meanwhile Catwoman stole Nightwing's bike.

Poison Ivy looks better than I thought. The picture they have on the site doesn't do her justice. No soccer mom hair. Seems like she fights with the two little shops of horror on her back/arms. Dat ult tho, hello Malboro.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Warbro666Posted: 02/14/2017 12:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::234
Nationality::New Zealand

Catwoman's face doesn't look THAT bad. Poison Ivy is by far the best of the bunch though.

Warbro666Posted: 02/14/2017 12:47 PMStatus ::

oracle Wrote:
Ugh, another game with Joker

The most popular villain in DC! He even made his way into Arkham Knight after dying. The outcry from fans if he was somehow overlooked would be massive. Y'know, the same reason they put Liu Kang and Kitana in MKX.

KcinTnargPosted: 02/14/2017 01:28 PMStatus ::

Visits::6958

I really liked the trailer plus it looks like Gorilla City will be an arena for Injustice 2 which just makes me so damn happy. So my only question, is it May yet?

MINIONPosted: 02/14/2017 01:38 PMStatus ::

Visits::11469

I'm loving catwomans face shes got that early charmed alyssa milano look.

Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
oraclePosted: 02/14/2017 03:12 PMStatus ::

Warbro666 Wrote:
The most popular villain in DC! He even made his way into Arkham Knight after dying. The outcry from fans if he was somehow overlooked would be massive. Y'know, the same reason they put Liu Kang and Kitana in MKX.
I know I know but it's still a let down since they're in the Regime Earth. They could've used that opportunity to do something interesting with the roster.

But is anyone really clamoring for the Joker like that? To be playable? In ANOTHER fighting game? Who? Where? Where are they lol.

ragnarökPosted: 02/14/2017 03:19 PMStatus ::

Visits::32

MINION Wrote:

This.

Females looking good and the leak about Cheetah being a full character is confirmed too.

Warbro666Posted: 02/14/2017 04:09 PMStatus ::

oracle Wrote:
Warbro666 Wrote:
I know I know but it's still a let down since they're in the Regime Earth. They could've used that opportunity to do something interesting with the roster.

But is anyone really clamoring for the Joker like that? To be playable? In ANOTHER fighting game? Who? Where? Where are they lol.

I don't get your beef with the Regime Earth. If they had used the original universe it would just be Justice League doing Justice League things and then maybe some villains would briefly ally with them against a common threat and then Superman saves the day again. This disjointed Regime Earth solves the storytelling problem of having an all powerful god on your team just running through all the villains by making him a threat and a bad guy.

As for the Joker being demanded by fans, they may not be vocal on Twitter probably because he's in the same eschalon as Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman in that they're expected to be on the roster in the same manner as you won't see people on Twitter asking Scorpion and Sub-Zero being in the next Mortal Kombat game. (But there would be hell to pay if they weren't)

oraclePosted: 02/14/2017 04:23 PMStatus ::

Warbro666 Wrote:
I don't get your beef with the Regime Earth. If they had used the original universe it would just be Justice League doing Justice League things and then maybe some villains would briefly ally with them against a common threat and then Superman saves the day again. This disjointed Regime Earth solves the storytelling problem of having an all powerful god on your team just running through all the villains by making him a threat and a bad guy.
Oh I don't have a beef with it. I like that they're using the Regime Earth as it's more interesting for the exact reasons you lay out. On the regular earth there are only a few villains who they could use to tell a cohesive story in one game.

My problem is the one I always have, why kill someone and have them show up in the very next game? I have the same problem with MK and while I'm always glad to see characters I like coming back (Green Arrow is all but confirmed) I wish NRS would have a way of escalating a conflict without a seemingly short sighted death. It's kind of bad storytelling. And I know it's a fighting game but still. Really it's more of a pet peeve.

[Killswitch]Posted: 02/14/2017 05:07 PMStatus ::

ragnarök Wrote:
MINION Wrote:

This.

Females looking good and the leak about Cheetah being a full character is confirmed too.

I just can't see what you guys areally seeing. Like, my God, I'm triggered by how bad her head is. Maybe it's because they need to do better lighting, but man its so chunky and moldy looking to me. I can't stand it too because Catwoman is one of my favorites so seeing this was both a great thing and a very crappy thing at the same time. Hope they fix it up.

Warbro666Posted: 02/14/2017 05:58 PMStatus ::

oracle Wrote:
Warbro666 Wrote:

Oh I don't have a beef with it. I like that they're using the Regime Earth as it's more interesting for the exact reasons you lay out. On the regular earth there are only a few villains who they could use to tell a cohesive story in one game.

My problem is the one I always have, why kill someone and have them show up in the very next game? I have the same problem with MK and while I'm always glad to see characters I like coming back (Green Arrow is all but confirmed) I wish NRS would have a way of escalating a conflict without a seemingly short sighted death. It's kind of bad storytelling. And I know it's a fighting game but still. Really it's more of a pet peeve.

I completely agree with you! NRS are blessed with running two franchises where deaths are meaningless. I can't tell you how hard I face palmed when Kitana was revealed in MKX.

That said I think it's a lose/lose for NRS. They try and kill off staple characters so in the next game they can inject fresh new characters and the fanbase cried and screams and unleashes a tidal wave of salt because their favourite character is gone (see MK9) so they get brought back in the next game.

And yet if they DON'T do anything to cull the main the roster they'll just get accused of rehashing the same game over and over again.

Either way I'm interested to see how or why Joker is back.

DetoxPosted: 02/14/2017 06:08 PMStatus ::

Visits::4247

Great trailer! Some thoughts...

-Catwoman returning is awesome. I enjoyed using her in the first game. With that said, I noticed that she's carrying around her whip this time and Cheetah is using claw attacks. Have they changed up Catwoman's play style to accommodate a more feral play style for Cheetah? Hard to say since Catwoman had probably the least actual gameplay footage.

-Catwoman's face doesn't look bad, but it does look unfinished compared to the others. I'm sure they'll have her character model polished in short order.

-Poison Ivy looks beautiful here. She looks like she could steal the show.

-I don't really have a lot to say about Cheetah. Even after already knowing about half the ladies in this trailer, she still didn't hold my attention. She looks good, and have no doubt NRS has cooked something up for her to make her stand out.

-I didn't say this in the Swamp Thing thread, but the swamp stage looks awesome.

Good stuff NRS.

Photobucket

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
mkmileenaPosted: 02/14/2017 06:19 PMStatus ::

Visits::4822

so according to the leak, that's all the females that will be in the game, correct?

Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Catwoman, Black Canary, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Cheetah.

I was hoping for magical enchantress but stoked on having all the gotham city sirens in the same game. Plus BC and hopefully cheetah is dope

Ethereal, ravenous, piercing. It's Mileena bitch.

Lovely signature by MINION

KenshiMaster16Posted: 02/14/2017 07:24 PMStatus ::

Visits::10118

mkmileena Wrote:
so according to the leak, that's all the females that will be in the game, correct?

Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Catwoman, Black Canary, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Cheetah.

I was hoping for magical enchantress but stoked on having all the gotham city sirens in the same game. Plus BC and hopefully cheetah is dope

Can't forget Powergirl (even though she's technically an alt-costume / alt-character). Maybe Jessica Cruz will show up as an alt-character since she was in the mobile game. And I'm sure we'll get a few as DLC as well but yeah, not even near enough females for my liking considering DC Comics has some of the best females in the business.

Also, Catwoman's bio is live on the official site. Her face looks a ton better there than in the trailer.

frabnPosted: 02/14/2017 08:21 PMStatus ::

Visits::539

Ivy? Sold.

Thrilled she made it in. Swamp Thing looks awesome too.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
oraclePosted: 02/15/2017 04:07 AMStatus ::

Warbro666 Wrote:
I completely agree with you! NRS are blessed with running two franchises where deaths are meaningless. I can't tell you how hard I face palmed when Kitana was revealed in MKX.
I was fine with Liu, Kung Lao, and Kitana coming back what I didn't appreciate was the bait and switch they gave us. I thought the story would be a lot deeper/longer and we were going to get this epic coming back to life thing with them but nope.
Warbro666 Wrote:
That said I think it's a lose/lose for NRS. They try and kill off staple characters so in the next game they can inject fresh new characters and the fanbase cried and screams and unleashes a tidal wave of salt because their favourite character is gone (see MK9) so they get brought back in the next game.

And yet if they DON'T do anything to cull the main the roster they'll just get accused of rehashing the same game over and over again.
They're definitely caught between a rock and a hard place. The only way they could rectify that is if the games became a platform like KI or SFV. Actually that wouldn't work with MK but it would with Injustice since you have the entire DC pantheon of characters.
Warbro666 Wrote:
Either way I'm interested to see how or why Joker is back.
Same. I imagine he hitched a ride with Black Canary.

[Killswitch]Posted: 02/15/2017 09:31 AMStatus ::

KenshiMaster16 Wrote:
mkmileena Wrote:

Can't forget Powergirl (even though she's technically an alt-costume / alt-character). Maybe Jessica Cruz will show up as an alt-character since she was in the mobile game. And I'm sure we'll get a few as DLC as well but yeah, not even near enough females for my liking considering DC Comics has some of the best females in the business.

Also, Catwoman's bio is live on the official site. Her face looks a ton better there than in the trailer.

Okay I admit that she looks better in that render. I just hope she stays that way upon final release.

MurcielagoPosted: 02/15/2017 03:15 PMStatus ::

Visits::2471

Its something about their faces in motion. Still renders look great, its just in game their faces look fat and smudged. Hopefully they clean it up by May.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
PSN: Inxomniac
ragnarökPosted: 02/16/2017 07:42 PMStatus ::

Visits::32

Catwoman looks dope,haters gonna hate.

[Killswitch]Posted: 02/16/2017 11:12 PMStatus ::

ragnarök Wrote:
Catwoman looks dope,haters gonna hate.

That outfit looks fine. That's not my issue. You can't tell me this looks a little concerning, though.

Her jaw is bigger than Batmans lmao. I'm just saying I hope they polish her up before release. She's one of my favorite DC females aside from Raven and I want her to look her best. That's all.

Page of 2

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.