Raidenwins
06/20/2017 08:11 PM (UTC)
SwingBatta Wrote:
Ninja_Mime Wrote:
Raidenwins Wrote:
Dairou was not in MKDA.

He was designed for that game but never made the cut.

Midway concept art by (I think) Herman Sanchez.

Oh that is cool! I hope he makes the cut for MK11 and that he looks like this. I am liking the menacing samurai (or ronin) look.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
06/21/2017 06:29 AM (UTC)

TOURNAMENT BATTLE - ROUND 1:
Skarlet versus Fujin
#42 Supreme Ranking #5
2 wins 5 losses Record 17 wins 4 losses
Round 2 (2016) Best Result Champion (2015)

Skarlet is born from the same age of arcade whisper chains and hoaxes as Ermac. A red clad warrior in all forms, she became a reality as the only original character to appear in Mortal Kombat (2011). An assassin created by Shao Kahn through dark magics, she is formed from the blood of fallen warriors. An expert tracker drawing strength from her enemy's blood, she was assigned to watch the sorcerer Quan Chi - and destroy him if he plotted against Outworld. With The Emperor destroyed, Skarlet appeared in MKX tie-in comics serving Reiko, who himself was an unwitting pawn of Quan Chi and Havik. Her powers were enhanced with blood magik, but she again failed to prevent a master's destruction.

Fujin's name has been whispered on the winds of rumor and fantasy for a long time, but his origins date back to the reality of MK4 and MK Mythologies. A sub-boss in the Sub-Zero spin-off, and trusted ally in the fight against the fallen elder god Shinnok; he remains one of Earthrealm's protector gods, and a friend to Lord Raiden. When the thunderer ascended to Elder God status after Shinnok's defeat, Fujin assumed the primary role of defender, but when a Deadly Alliance arose, Fujin returned to the winds, absent until Armageddon. He turned a concerned eye to his fellow god, who showed signs of a growing darkness. When the timeline was rebooted by Raiden, Fujin remained out of the picture until MKX, when he once again stood on the verge of Earthrealm to defend it against Shinnok and the forces of the Netherrealm. He's yet to return to the playable roster, but appeared in MKX comics as a confidant to Raiden, and guardian of Earth's Jinsei.

They are as loyal as they are elusive. Kombatants serving opposite sides with elemental might. One thrives on the very blood of living creatures, while the other commands the gusting winds of the realms. Choose their destiny! FIGHT!

4Charles2014
06/21/2017 10:28 AM (UTC)
I knew it was Skarlet.
SwingBatta
06/21/2017 03:07 PM (UTC)
Dear Lord. This is the equivalent of a Doink/Bob Backlund match.

I'm going with Skarlet strictly on her role in the comic. She was given a decent outfit and she actually had SOMETHING TO DO (et tu, Fujin?) before being literally cut off at the past by Mileena.

Plus, it was always kinda amusing that it took eighteen years after her "debut" for her to finally appear in an MK game, even as a DLC afterthought.
AgentK
About Me
06/21/2017 03:19 PM (UTC)
Fujin is the worst character in the entire series.

Skarlet gets my vote.
Ninja_Mime
06/21/2017 04:58 PM (UTC)
I actually think Skarlet is the more interesting character here. Never been a huge fan but she was pretty fun to play and I'm glad the comics expanded on her a bit.

Fujin for me has always been "they should probably bring him back and make him interesting" rather than truly being excited about his potential like I am other characters of his era. He's alright. But he's not supreme champion worthy.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

06/21/2017 09:31 PM (UTC)
Skarlet, because I'm a spiteful asshole.

I vote for blood over wind.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
06/22/2017 06:34 AM (UTC)

TOURNAMENT BATTLE - ROUND 2:
Noob Saibot versus Liu Kang
#2 Supreme Ranking #32
21 wins 4 losses Record 4 wins 5 losses
Champion (2016) Best Result Round 3 (2012)

When Bi-Han was slain by his nemesis Scorpion, his tainted soul was doomed to the Netherrealm where he was reborn as Noob Saibot! The blackened wraith first appeared as a hidden fighter in MKII, but his legend has grown in both directions in the years since - revealed to be the first MK's Sub-Zero in Deception! Last seen being swept away by a soulnado, his fate remains uncertain.

Liu Kang was destined to be Mortal Kombat champion, but in a new timeline, he was accidentally killed by Raiden during Outworld's invasion. His soul enslaved by dark magic, he became a revenant soldier under the influence of Quan Chi. With the sorcerer now seemingly killed, Liu Kang dwells in the Netherrealm with the power to overthrow it.

Two icons present for twenty-five years of Mortal Kombat! Choose their destiny! FIGHT!

SwingBatta
06/22/2017 07:20 AM (UTC)
Going with Liu Kang.

Except for his Big Reveal in MK Deception, with Noob Saibot's characterization the lights are always on but nobody's home.
JasonVPred
About Me

... here's your Subzero, now plain zero.

06/22/2017 08:08 AM (UTC)
More hyped by Noob Saibot's return than Liu Kang.
Warbro666
06/22/2017 08:34 AM (UTC)
I voted for Skarlet in the last round but Fujin is awesome too so no problem with him taking it out.

This round I'm voting Noob Saibot. I'm a broken record when it comes to this but Bi-Han is my favourite MK character ever.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

06/22/2017 08:50 AM (UTC)
I vote for the flaming champion over the shadow ninja.
MKKitana
06/22/2017 08:51 AM (UTC)
Missed the last few votes.. Would have voted Shinnok and Fujin.
Tanya and Skarlet just don't interest me in the slightest. I did like Tanya's MKD costume though and think they improved her characters slightly in MKX. But she's still pretty lame.

WOOHOO Round 2.

Although, same old face making appearances, which is good in one way but a shame in another. I think some of the characters going out in round 1 could go a few rounds deep given the right draw. A lot of the matchups were pretty strange.

But I think we have seen a few first victories.....Sheeva, Hotaru, Drahmin? Can their run continue?

This round Im going Liu Kang.

Never a fan of either Noob or Kang, but I like what they did with him in MK9 and MKX. A good twist for the character and just what he needed in stead of being golden boy chosen champion all the time. Interesting to see where he goes from here.

4Charles2014
06/22/2017 10:41 AM (UTC)
I vote for the elderly champion over the wannabe Sub-Zero.
Masr
06/22/2017 10:58 AM (UTC)
The uncanny oil phantom.
MrMephistopheles
06/22/2017 11:18 AM (UTC)
I kind of miss the good old days of Liu Kang being the Bruce Lee style hero of the series. It was fun and even though martial arts were bigger in the 90s, it was still kind of unique.

Noob is cool but I'm feeling pretty nostalgic for the 25th anniversary so I'd like to see Liu Kang win this one.
Raidenwins
06/22/2017 09:23 PM (UTC)
I am voting for Noob Saibot on this one. It's a no brainer for me, he is the original Sub-Zero, he was in MK Mythologies: Sub-Zero which I adore, and his name is composed of the last names of the creators of Mortal Kombat, i.e. Boon Tobias. I mean, how cool is that?!
FuStu
06/23/2017 12:57 AM (UTC)
Liu Kang has always been underappreciated in this forum; so he gets my vote.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

06/23/2017 04:30 AM (UTC)
FuStu Wrote:

I completely agree. It's probably because a lot of the time he gets matched up against characters who most people would rather vote for.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

06/23/2017 06:28 AM (UTC)

TOURNAMENT BATTLE - ROUND 2:
Sonya Blade versus Shang Tsung
#18 Supreme Ranking #9
8 wins 5 losses Record 13 wins 5 losses
Quarters (2013) Best Result Semis (2014)

Sonya Blade was the first lady of Kombat, finding herself in a fight for her life and the fate of the world in the Shaolin Tournament. As a member of the Outerworld Investigation Agency's Special Forces she's kept the fight alive, driving back Outworld's invasion and the rise of new despots in the warring realm. She was last seen in MKX fighting to stop the fallen Elder God Shinnok.

Shang Tsung was the sorcerer responsible for corrupting the Shaolin Tournament to favour the forces of Outworld. Though defeated by Earthrealm's greatest heroes, his youth was restored by his master, allowing him to become an even more active threat! He eventually used his magic to overthrow The Emperor and chase even greater powers through the consumption of souls. He was last seen in the reboot timeline of MK2011, stripped of his power by The Emperor during Outworld's Invasion. Though believed dead, his true fate remains unknown.

They are iconic warriors who've defined two sides of an endless struggle between good and evil! Part of Mortal Kombat for twenty-five years, they've even done battle on the big screen! Choose their destiny! FIGHT!

Quanchi9
About Me

why

06/23/2017 09:30 AM (UTC)
Flipped a coin, Sonya.

I vote for the special forces over the elder sorcerer.
MKKitana
06/23/2017 09:41 AM (UTC)
Shang Tsung.

One of my favourite characters. Definitely don't think MK9 was the last we have seen of him.

Sonya is one of the worst characters in the series. Lets hope MKX is the last we have seen of her.
Warbro666
06/23/2017 11:46 AM (UTC)
Shang Tsung. I'm genuinely surprised he's losing this one atm.
MrMephistopheles
06/23/2017 04:11 PM (UTC)
Quanchi9 Wrote:
FuStu Wrote:

I completely agree. It's probably because a lot of the time he gets matched up against characters who most people would rather vote for.

Ahaha!

This one is really hard. I love Shang Tsung and am feeling the nostalgia for the original old man boss version but I didn't like how they reated him in MK9. I want to see him come back. I feel like I need to see it before I can get the hype back though. Sonya on the other hand is always a good strong hand and she was really good in MKX. I like where the Special Forces are, I like her as a senior soldier above all these punk kids, and I just like her kicking ass. So I vote for Sonya!
SwingBatta
06/24/2017 12:39 AM (UTC)
Voted in this round for purely selfish reasons.

I chose Sonya due to the vast improvement of her design in MKX, while NRS brought Shang Tsung back at (allegedly) the expense of Ermac.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.