Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
07/09/2017 06:30 AM (UTC)

TOURNAMENT BATTLE - ROUND 3:
Johnny Cage versus Raiden
#10 Supreme Ranking #4
12 wins 5 losses Record 19 wins 5 losses
Quarters (2016) Best Result Runner-Up (2013)

Johnny Cage entered the first Shaolin Tournament a vain martial arts movie star, but grew into one of Earthrealm's greatest heroes! He entered the Outworld tournament of MKII and gave his life defending the world from invasion in MKTrilogy! He returned on loan from the Heavens in MK4, and stuck around for Deadly Alliance! During Armageddon he'd reached a level of awareness equal to Earth's champions. When the timeline was rebooted, he was one of the few survivors of Outworld's invasion. Shinnok soon conquered the Earthrealm, but Johnny defeated the fallen Elder God! When the Netherrealm attempted a sequel, he and his daughter kicked butt and saved the world!

Raiden assumed mortal form to enter the first Shaolin Tournament. The god of thunder maintained his presence, accepting invitation to Outworld in MKII. He was present for the invasion of Earth in MKTrilogy, and defeated the fallen Elder God Shinnok in MK4, ascending to Elder Godhood in victory! He once again relinquished powers to guide the fight against a Deadly Alliance. This put him on the frontlines for the return of The Dragon King, resorting to a deadly attack that darkened his soul. He forged an unlikely alliance with evil to avert the threat of Armageddon. A message sent through time to his earlier self rebooted the timeline in an effort to thwart Shao Kahn's rise, but his new path was vague. In the new reality,. Raiden and Earth's heroes defeated the Outworld Invasion, and driving opportunistic Shinnok out of Earthrealm, as well.When the Netherrealm armies attempted another conquest, Raiden risked himself to cleanse the Earth's corrupted Jinsei spirit, purifying it with his own soul.

For twenty-five years they have been two of Mortal Kombat's greatest icons! Defenders of the Earthrealm both, they have ensured encroaching evil never triumphs! Choose their destiny! FIGHT!

MKKitana
07/09/2017 10:39 AM (UTC)
Johnny Cage.

Really likw the character, a good all rounder overall. Good personality, decent enough story in both timeline tho maybe not the best ever, and decent gameplay.

Never been a fan of Rayden, and particularly in this timeline i hate how much he is forced on us all the time. His awful decisions in the story modes have been a disaater. They shouls have him sit out a few games. Not really a fan of the gods being playable anyway.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

07/09/2017 11:40 AM (UTC)
I love these characters equally so I flipped a coin and it was tails so I vote Raiden.
Volcan
About Me

whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there.

07/09/2017 02:22 PM (UTC)
Both characters are cool. But If I have to say who will defeat who, I choose Raiden, by his powers and strength.
In M9, Johnny only wins in his chapter, the rest of the story he is beated up.
Raiden, is true, made terrible decisions, he took too long to realize "who must win".
But I think Raiden would defeat Johnny in a epic fight.
AgentK
About Me
07/09/2017 05:50 PM (UTC)
Love Raiden. But love Johnny Cage more. After Kitana, I am all Johnny <3
SwingBatta
07/09/2017 09:43 PM (UTC)
Cage, of course. Like a previous poster said, I'm also kinda tired of Raiden being shoved in our faces in the new storyline as well.
Raidenwins
07/09/2017 11:04 PM (UTC)
Raiden, of course. My favorite character in the MK universe. I like what they've done with him in the past few games.
MrMephistopheles
07/10/2017 05:08 AM (UTC)
Raiden made some mistakes in MK9 but apart from that he is an all-time legend. He was great in MKX! Johnny was a goof in MK9 and much better in MKX too. Raiden is just that step up. You can almost always count on him.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
07/10/2017 06:29 AM (UTC)

Sheeva versus Shao Kahn
#59 Supreme Ranking #15
2 wins 4 losses Record 9 wins 4 losses
Round 3 (2017) Best Result Round 3 (2012)

Sheeva put Shokan muscle in the hands of players for the first time in MK3. She was hand picked by The Emperor to serve as bodyguard for the resurrected Queen Sindel - a role she reprised in the rebooted timeline. MK2011 revealed Sheeva herself had royal Shokan lineage, born to Draco heritage. In MKX tie-in comics, she assumed her place as Queen of the Shokan when Goro was severely wounded. She led her army into a deadly conflict with Reiko and the forces of Havik. Her future remains unknown.

Shao Kahn was the conquering Emperor of Outworld in MKII and MK3! Having threatened conquest of Earthrealm after victory in 9 Shaolin Tournaments, he was thwarted by the rise of Liu Kang as new champion. Orchestrating the slaughter of Shaolin Monks, Kahn lured Earth's fighters to an Outworld tournament in MKII, before staging an all-out invasion in MK3! He survived defeat, but was nearly killed by the rise of the Deadly Alliance. He endured to Armageddon, where ultimate power was nearly his if not for Raiden's efforts to rewrite history. The new timeline saw Kahn again invade the Earth, this time obliterated by the will of the Elder Gods! Shao Kahn is dead, but his Outworld kingdom remains intact.

For much of Mortal Kombat's history Shao Kahn loomed large as a constant threat from Outworld. He couldn't have done it without the loyalty of warriors like Sheeva! What would happen if the Shokan turned against him? Choose their destiny! FIGHT!

MKKitana
07/10/2017 07:29 AM (UTC)
Queen Sheeva!!
Warbro666
07/10/2017 09:58 AM (UTC)
I love Shao Kahn but not as much as I love SHEEVA!!!
Quanchi9
About Me

why

07/10/2017 12:24 PM (UTC)
I vote Shao Kahn but honestly even if I'm not really that fond of Sheeva, I mean I wouldn't really be too upset with her winning the tournament because it'd just be funny. It would be worse than Fujin winning 2015 and that's really saying something.

wubba lubba dub dub!
Volcan
About Me

07/10/2017 01:30 PM (UTC)
Go Sheeva go!
For my favorite shokan! It's like the post says, Shao Kahn couldn't have done so much without the assistance of Sheeva and the rest of the Shokan.
frabn
About Me

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?

07/10/2017 11:31 PM (UTC)
Sheeva beating out Shao Kahn in this poll reconfirms why I despise the MK fan base.
4Charles2014
07/11/2017 12:07 AM (UTC)
WTF Sheena winning, I guess I underestimated her.
SwingBatta
07/11/2017 02:47 AM (UTC)
Relax, Sheeva's not winning the tournament, plus nothing can ever possibly top the lunacy of Fujin having won last year.
MrMephistopheles
07/11/2017 05:05 AM (UTC)
Yeah....... Id like to move on and take a break from Shao Kahn... but not THAT much.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

07/11/2017 06:29 AM (UTC)

Mileena versus Sub-Zero
#13 Supreme Ranking #1
11 wins 5 losses Record 23 wins 4 losses
Semis (2015) Best Result Champion (2012)

Mileena joined the fight in MKII as one of The Emperor's deadliest assassins! He also happened to be his adopted daughter, created in the Flesh Pits with a fusion of Tarkatan and Edenian DNA! Possessing the ferocity and birthright of both, she pursued her "sister" Kitana through UMK3, MKGold and MK Deception - always coveting the privilege and beauty of the true Princess! In the rebooted timeline Mileena was as dangerous as ever. More childlike than before, she served her Emperor loyally during the invasion of Earthrealm. After the deaths of Kahn and Kitana both, she finally assumed the throne of Outworld! Mileena's reign as Empress was brief, igniting a civil war that waged through MKX, pitting her and her loyal followers against the new power of Kotal Kahn! She was destroyed by D'Vorah, but the possibility of other surviving clones lingers...

Sub-Zero joined the fight in MKII, revealed in a bombshell twist that saw the younger Kuai Liang adopt the mantle from his deceased brother! The blood feud he inherited with Scorpion seemingly ended, but the legacy of his bloodline would haunt him. The Lin Kuei hunted Sub-Zero through MK3, Scorpion resumed his vendetta in MK4, Deadly Alliance saw Sub-Zero become Grandmaster of a reformed Lin Kuei, only to discover more about his roots as a natural born cryomancer in Deception! His own brother became Sub-Zero's nemesis, leading a cyber-oni army against him in Armageddon. When the timeline was rewritten, Sub-Zero was doomed to succumb to the Lin Kuei's initiative to turn their clan into soulless cyborgs! His mechanized was undone upon death, but his humanity would not be restored until the magic of Raiden undid his transformation into a Netherrealm revenant! Sub-Zero will next return in Injustice 2!

As new additions in Mortal Kombat II they helped create the definitive vision for the series! Though very different, they each fight to define themselves from within the shadow of their elder siblings. Choose their destiny! FIGHT!

Warbro666
07/11/2017 07:52 AM (UTC)
Aw man. How did Shao Kahn gain such a massive lead at the end? Lame.

Voted Sub-Zero.
MKKitana
07/11/2017 10:37 AM (UTC)
Warbro666 Wrote:
Aw man. How did Shao Kahn gain such a massive lead at the end? Lame.

Voted Sub-Zero.

I did think he would take it back, but was also surprised to see it be such a lead. Im sure last time I checked Sheeva was at like 51% then bam a Kahn win. Late vote rush, one would assume.

Anyway

Sub Zero for this one.

One of my top favourite characters in the series overall.

MKX did a good job with Mileena, but she was so bad for me in the previous timeline and MK9 that it still isn't really enough to turn her into a favourite of mine.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

07/11/2017 02:29 PM (UTC)
Sub-Zero. MKX made me enjoy him as a character in a way that I never have before. I like him more than Scorpion now. Mileena does nothing and hasn't been anything for me as a character since MK2. She's not even relevant anymore to Mortal Kombat since she got fucking rekt by D'Vorah and hopefully she won't be relevant ever again if I'm being honest. I mean sure she could come back as a flesh pit clone or a revenant or some stupid shit, but I'd rather not have her come back ever again because at this point her character has been exhausted to the point where she's not even anything anymore, if any part of that made any sense. She's just wank material now. Nothing more, nothing less.
Volcan
About Me

07/11/2017 02:38 PM (UTC)
I think Sub-Zero would win.

How Sheeva lost? I checked and she was winning by around 2% all the time. How sad. sad
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

07/11/2017 03:30 PM (UTC)
Voting Mileena. Definitely one of my favorites and Sub wasn't anything special to me. He's got a good story going for him, but I've always been a Scorpion fan more. I know, I'm terrible.
SwingBatta
07/12/2017 02:18 AM (UTC)
After two-plus decades in the series, both are equally "meh" to me. No vote this round.
MrMephistopheles
07/12/2017 03:55 AM (UTC)
I like how they timed it so Sub-Zero DLC came out for Injustice 2 the same day as this vote lol.

Mileena is quite possibly the best shes ever been in MKX and Sub-Zero... served some excellent tea. Sub-Zero has been pretty great since the beginning though and since its the 25th anni he's in luck. Also he is pretty awesome in Injustice.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.