MKKitana
05/25/2017 03:02 PM (UTC)
I went with Cage, because I quite like what they did with him in the more recent games. Although he, Jax and Sonya were very forced in MKX and not necessary for the playable roster IMO.

For BoRai Cho I wasn't a fan in MKDA/MKD, but I quite liked how they updated him in MKX/MKXL and some of his interactions in the intros etc, so am interested to see what they do with him in the next few games.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

05/26/2017 04:02 AM (UTC)
Did I arrive on time?

Aw, Quan Chi was eliminated.

Regardless, I'm voting for the ballbuster over the drunken master.

Christ, this tournament just gets more and more uneventful each year. This is definitely an all time low.
MrMephistopheles
05/26/2017 05:50 AM (UTC)
It was nice to see Bo Rai Cho back in MKX and KP2. Hes a good character and I think it would be great to have a training mode with him. I have to go Johnny Cage though he is a legend and hes never been better.

Quanchi9 Wrote:
Did I arrive on time?

Aw, Quan Chi was eliminated.

Regardless, I'm voting for the ballbuster over the drunken master.

Christ, this tournament just gets more and more uneventful each year. This is definitely an all time low.

Quanchi9 in the hooouuuse!

I see people voting but not saying anythin. Why you scared? Talk more, foolz.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
05/26/2017 06:40 AM (UTC)

TOURNAMENT BATTLE - ROUND 1:
Kano versus Tremor
#25 Supreme Ranking #45
4 wins 5 losses Record 1 win 3 losses
Round 2 (2012) Best Result Round 2 (2016)

Kano is Mortal Kombat's original rogue! A criminal wanted internationally for a laundry list of crimes, he's a cybernetically enhanced mercenary for the Black Dragon clan. By attending the Shaolin Tournament, he was drawn into a new world of villainy in Outworld. He's provided hi-tech weapons to Shao Kahn's invading forces, aided the Deadly Alliance in their bid to takeover, and seized every opportunity to bedevil Sonya Blade and the Special Forces. A recurring menace, he played Kotal Kahn and Mileena against one another in MKX, whilst secretly aiding Quan Chi!

Tremor is a powerful Black Dragon warrior capable of manipulating the very ground beneath your feet! With an earth shaking ground pound, he played enforcer for Kano in his first appearance as a sub-boss in MK prequel: Special Forces. In MKX, his control of stone and sediment sent shockwaves through Outworld as he again leant his muscle to Kano in the comic books. Responsible for destroying the Shokan army in print, Tremor made his first playable leap into MKX as a download character, but his animosity was reserved for the Special Forces -- and Kano himself!

As two of its most prominent members, Kano and Tremor have ensured the Black Dragon clan have survived every obstacle. What happens when these deadly mercenaries turn their powers against one another? Choose their destiny! FIGHT!

Quanchi9
About Me

why

05/26/2017 07:19 AM (UTC)
I vote Kano. Tremor's cool, but it's Kano.

I vote for the metal-eyed Aussie over the rockman.

And I am totally in the fucking house, dude. This time I'm not going to berate people for having opinions like the asshole I was last year.
frabn
About Me

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?

05/26/2017 12:04 PM (UTC)
In the words of the man himself:

"Kano, ya bloody prick."

Ninja_Mime
05/26/2017 04:25 PM (UTC)
I don't have the disdain for Tremor that I once had, but I'm certainly indifferent. Felt like a wasted opportunity and I can see him already joining Skarlet on the sidelines.

Kano is great.
Warbro666
05/26/2017 09:42 PM (UTC)
Ninja_Mime Wrote:
I don't have the disdain for Tremor that I once had, but I'm certainly indifferent. Felt like a wasted opportunity and I can see him already joining Skarlet on the sidelines.

Kano is great.

I don't understand the "wasted opportunity" part. He was an excellent addition to a Special Forces crowded roster.

I voted for Tremor. Kano is an all time great and a classic but Tremor was so brutally violent and fun to play as in MKX and I hope he (and Skarlet seeing as you mentioned her) return in MK11.
Ninja_Mime
05/26/2017 11:41 PM (UTC)
Warbro666 Wrote:
I don't understand the "wasted opportunity" part.

I don't like that they let fan-fiction dictate the direction of the character as much as they did. I felt they could have made something more distinctly Black Dragon rather than "he can control the earth and looks like a golem, because he wears something similar to other characters with elemental powers". He's alright, but pure fan service is ultimately less satisfying than fresh ideas.
4Charles2014
05/26/2017 11:54 PM (UTC)
Please tell me Chameleon is gonna be in this tournament this year.
MrMephistopheles
05/27/2017 05:28 AM (UTC)
Ninja_Mime Wrote:
Warbro666 Wrote:

I don't like that they let fan-fiction dictate the direction of the character as much as they did. I felt they could have made something more distinctly Black Dragon rather than "he can control the earth and looks like a golem, because he wears something similar to other characters with elemental powers". He's alright, but pure fan service is ultimately less satisfying than fresh ideas.

Good point. I vote for Kano because hes a bad guy but I like him. smile
Warbro666
05/27/2017 06:22 AM (UTC)
Ninja_Mime Wrote:
Warbro666 Wrote:

This sounds absurd coming from someone who is a fan of Kenshi, aka Neo. Where's the "fresh idea" with him? Again, I don't understand the "fan service" complaints. It's as if people are suggesting "how dare they give paying customers what they want". His name is Tremor. He had Earth shaking attacks in Special Forces, his debut game. He's a brown ninja. So many people on this forum were writing him off the instant he was announced as DLC. "He will be a big, slow, dumb grappler", yet he played nothing of the sort. In the MKX comic he's an arms dealer, who nukes a bunch of Shokan warriors. Sounds pretty Black Dragon to me.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
05/27/2017 06:32 AM (UTC)

Reptile versus Chameleon
#22 Supreme Ranking #50
5 wins 5 losses Record 1 win 21 losses
Round 3 (2015) Best Result Round 2 (2013)

Reptile prowled the Shaolin Tournament as Mortal Kombat's original secret fighter. He lept into the light in MKII, becoming a mainstay of the forces working against Earthrealm. He loyally served Shao Kahn, guarding Shang Tsung and stalking Kitana, until the Emperor was defeated. Eager to reunite with his lost people, the last Zaterran made a deal with Shinnok to fight in his war on the Heavens. In the rewritten timeline, Reptile remained in Outworld, pledging allegiance to the band of misfits loyal to new ruler Kotal Kahn.

Little is known about the warrior called Chameleon. It's said he was present since the beginning, hidden as the last Shaolin Tournament, the Invasion of Earthrealm, and the coming of Armageddon. He first appeared in MK Trilogy, a bonus fighter awaiting winners who sought the lost treasures of Kahn. He returned in Armageddon, an opaque warrior enshrouded in mystery. Is he indeed a survivor of the lizard-like Zaterran race? Does his transparent form still move among us? Will he reveal himself when the balance of realms is threatened anew?

The history of the Zaterran Raptors has been a lingering mystery for much of MK's twenty-five year saga. Could these lurking lizard warriors be two pieces of the same puzzle? Choose their destiny! FIGHT!

Warbro666
05/27/2017 06:50 AM (UTC)
Voted Reptile! The original hidden badass. His appearance in MKX was probably his best since MK4 imo.
MrMephistopheles
05/27/2017 07:23 AM (UTC)
Warbro666 Wrote:
Ninja_Mime Wrote:
Warbro666 Wrote:

This sounds absurd coming from someone who is a fan of Kenshi, aka Neo. Where's the "fresh idea" with him? Again, I don't understand the "fan service" complaints. It's as if people are suggesting "how dare they give paying customers what they want". His name is Tremor. He had Earth shaking attacks in Special Forces, his debut game. He's a brown ninja. So many people on this forum were writing him off the instant he was announced as DLC. "He will be a big, slow, dumb grappler", yet he played nothing of the sort. In the MKX comic he's an arms dealer, who nukes a bunch of Shokan warriors. Sounds pretty Black Dragon to me.

I'm dizzy from everything going on in this post. What the hell? You do know this is a contest where people have to pick a preference for one character over another right? As if it would matter either way if somebody isnt as into a character as much as you are. Whoever they are. Because youre bringing so much baggage to this post you clearly arent event talking to Ninja_Mime youre having an argument with imaginary people who aren't even here!

WTF does Kenshi have to do with Tremor? Kenshi is a super sword master who hears ghosts of his ancestors and was blinded by an evil sorcerer who took advantage of him being so arrogant and learned magic mind powers. In the third movie Neo is blinded and has reddish cloth over his eyes because hes blind. So not only are you making a pointless strawman argument that does absolutely nothing for Tremor... it isnt even accurate! Take it down a notch man!

I am interested in Chameleon making a come back and developing more but I have to go for Reptile. He is really great in MKX and I would love to see him go full lizardman again. Maybe Chameleon and Khameleon can come back and play like classic Reptile and start a Lizards Revolution.
Warbro666
05/27/2017 08:10 AM (UTC)
MrMephistopheles Wrote:
Warbro666 Wrote:
Ninja_Mime Wrote:
Warbro666 Wrote:

I'm dizzy from everything going on in this post. What the hell? You do know this is a contest where people have to pick a preference for one character over another right? As if it would matter either way if somebody isnt as into a character as much as you are. Whoever they are. Because youre bringing so much baggage to this post you clearly arent event talking to Ninja_Mime youre having an argument with imaginary people who aren't even here!

WTF does Kenshi have to do with Tremor? Kenshi is a super sword master who hears ghosts of his ancestors and was blinded by an evil sorcerer who took advantage of him being so arrogant and learned magic mind powers. In the third movie Neo is blinded and has reddish cloth over his eyes because hes blind. So not only are you making a pointless strawman argument that does absolutely nothing for Tremor... it isnt even accurate! Take it down a notch man!

I was pointing out that Kenshi's play style and appearance borrows heavily from Neo/Keanu Reeves. Which means he's not exactly "fresh", which was Ninja_Mime's critique of Tremor, claiming NRS should have done something original instead of submitting to fan desires. I'm merely pointing out that NRS is guilty of taking inspiration from numerous places and it shouldn't be considered a bad thing. Johnny Cage is Van Damme + Nicolas Cage for example and he's loved by most MK fans.
MKHYPE
05/27/2017 11:00 AM (UTC)
Warbro666 Wrote:
MrMephistopheles Wrote:
Warbro666 Wrote:
Ninja_Mime Wrote:
Warbro666 Wrote:

I was pointing out that Kenshi's play style and appearance borrows heavily from Neo/Keanu Reeves. Which means he's not exactly "fresh", which was Ninja_Mime's critique of Tremor, claiming NRS should have done something original instead of submitting to fan desires. I'm merely pointing out that NRS is guilty of taking inspiration from numerous places and it shouldn't be considered a bad thing. Johnny Cage is Van Damme + Nicolas Cage for example and he's loved by most MK fans.

Some people have a hard time accepting characters that take inspiration from TV tropes. They accept Johnny Cage though because he's from MK1, any characters after that game that takes inspiration from TV tropes are not taken the same way e.g. Tremor, Kenshi. Even Khrome, people already say he's a ripoff of the T-1000 when he would be a ninja version of the T-1000. It is what it is and MK has always made characters like this their own version. Tremor is a ninja Earth Elemental which was executed well by NRS and Kenshi is a blind Swordsman with telekenisis and he is one of coolest characters introduced post MK3.
4Charles2014
05/27/2017 07:31 PM (UTC)
lol, I'm not surprised chameleon is underrated but I still voted for him.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

05/27/2017 10:32 PM (UTC)
Chameleon's boring.

I vote for the acid-spewing hidden ninja over the color swap.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/28/2017 06:28 AM (UTC)

Sareena versus Raiden
#26 Supreme Ranking #4
4 wins 5 losses Record 17 wins 5 losses
Round 3 (2016) Best Result Runner-Up (2013)

Introduced in the platforming spin-off MK Mythologies; Sareena has been one of the few peripheral characters to make the leap to the core series. A demonic assassin reluctantly serving Quan Chi, she aided Sub-Zero in his final mission before death in the Shaolin Tournament. First playable in MK Tournament Edition and again in Armageddon; Sareena became an ally to the new Lin Kuei and their leader Kuai Liang. When the timeline was rewritten and the Netherrealm invaded Earth in MKX, Sareena again turned on her infernal masters to aide the forces of Earthrealm in a cameo role.

Raiden looms large over Mortal Kombat as one of its most recognized icons. The thunder god has been present since the beginning, providing a guiding hand to the forces of Earthrealm. He assumed mortal form to participate in the Shaolin and Outworld Tournaments, resuming his godly duties when Shao Kahn invaded the Earthrealm, and fallen Elder God Shinnok laid waste to the Heavens. As each threat has escalated, his methods have become more extreme. In Deception and Armageddon he used dark magics to puppet the zombie Liu Kang. When Armageddon threatened the reamls, he took the drastic measure of sending a message to his earlier self. Thus, Raiden launched the timeline of the new era, struggling to decipher the danger of the future. With Earth's chosen warriors decimated in this new timeline, he personally battled Shinnok and the Netherrealm in MKX, redeeming the world with a sacrifice to purify the corrupted Jinsei with his own spirit.

Their stories stretch across the entire twenty-five year saga of Mortal Kombat. Each has fought for the light, even as darkness consumes them. Whose redemption has meant more? Choose their destiny! FIGHT!

MrMephistopheles
05/28/2017 05:02 PM (UTC)
Would like to see Sareena come back and develop into a strong character.

Raiden has always been one of the greats and was back to his best in MKX!
Warbro666
05/28/2017 06:47 PM (UTC)
Definitely keen for Sareena to make a playable appearance in MK11 but I voted for Raiden.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

05/28/2017 07:08 PM (UTC)
Raiden, by a light-year.

I vote for the thundergod over the demon.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/29/2017 06:30 AM (UTC)

Smoke versus Rain
#6 Supreme Ranking #23
16 wins 4 losses Record 5 wins 5 losses
Champion (2013) Best Result Round 3 (2014)

In MKII, Smoke begn as a mysterious Lin Kuei warrior awaiting any one who traversed the secret fighter portal. In MK3, he became victim to his clan's automation program, now taunting players with a robotic shell. Like his wafting namesake, he suddenly disappeared for many years, reemerging as an upgraded motorslave recovered from Shao Kahn's dungeons. Reactivated by Noob Saibot, he became a nano-tech warrior tethered to his tag team partner as Deception's unique sub-boss. When the timeline was rebooted, Smoke was reinvented as a Czechoslovakian smoke demon with bizarre hair. In this reality he escaped the Lin Kuei's cyber-assassin initiatve only to be killed during Outworld's invasion of Earth. In MKX he watched the action from the sidelines, a non-playable revenant under Quan Chi's control.

Rain dared arcade players to find him in MK3, but the purple clad warrior wasn't really there until the game went Ultimate! Working for Shao Kahn, he was an Edenian serving his realm's conqueror with mastery over water, lightning bolts and roundhouse kicks! When he emerged next in Armageddon, his lineage as son of the god Argus motivated him to pursue a godlike inheritance in opposition to his half-brothers. DLC in the 2011 reboot, Rain again sought the power of his birthright by turning on the Edenian resistance. In MKX, he serves the half-blood Empress Mileena as an NPC secretly plotting to claim power for himself!

Ever elusive, these once secret warriors have drifted in and out Mortal Kombat like smoke on water! They are elemental in nature - a demon of air, and a demigod of water. Who will blow or wash his competition away? Choose their destiny! FIGHT!

MrMephistopheles
05/29/2017 01:48 PM (UTC)
Smoke was the super hotness in MK3 but it has been downhill from there. Maybe being enenra will be a good thing but so far it doesn't seem like it.

Rain was okay in MKT and then became really interesting in Armageddon with that new design and his story about being a god. I was so shocked he was not playable in MKX. I hope he comes back in MK11. I vote for him.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.