Ninja_Mime
06/06/2017 05:35 PM (UTC)
I always liked Li Mei a lot in the 3D trilogy and was hoping she'd make a big return in a new game. But taking into consideration the full 25 years, my vote goes to Ermac. Even if he's not my favorite telekinetic warrior.
Warbro666
06/06/2017 11:59 PM (UTC)
Ermac. No question. The only interesting thing Li Mei had going for her was getting her mack on with Onaga.
MrMephistopheles
06/07/2017 03:53 AM (UTC)
Warbro666 Wrote:
Ermac. No question. The only interesting thing Li Mei had going for her was getting her mack on with Onaga.

Yeah they really killed anything interesting about her with the reboot. Ermac isn't as good after the reboot either though. Still a great character, but not as good.
SwingBatta
06/07/2017 03:58 AM (UTC)
Li Mei has the unfortunate distinction of having one of the most idiotic costumes in the series pre-MK9.

Hopefully that clusterf**k of Ermac's MKX ending will not come to fruition.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
06/07/2017 06:35 AM (UTC)

TOURNAMENT BATTLE - ROUND 1:
Hotaru versus Darrius
#68 Supreme Ranking #76
0 wins 4 losses Record 0 wins 3 losses
Round 1 (2012) Best Result Round 1 (2013)

Hotaru debuted in Deception as an armored leader of the Seidan Guard. Hailing from a realm defined by strict terms of order, he chose the side of The Dragon King when unrest rippled through Outworld and the surrounding realms. Hotaru's greatest enemies hail from an opposing realm of chaos, as well as those of Seido who would choose to resist their world's totalitarian rule. Hotaru was last seen fighting in Armageddon - the fate of the warring realms unknown since the timeline rebooted.

Darrius also debuted in Deception, a warrior branded a terrorist by the denizens of his home realm. He is a man of Seido, but unlike the militaristic enforcers of his realm, he chooses to resist the oppressive totalitarian enforcement of order. Awaiting his opportunity to strike at the Seidan Guard, the scheming rebel resorts to brutal tactics, even killing families in the hopes of unravelling soldier's commitment to order. Darrius was last seen fighting in Armageddon. His fate and the fate of his realm remains unknown since the timeline rebooted.

They share the same heritage, but their goals are in stark opposition. They are one half of a conflict that came to define an era of kombat and injustice. Which side of the Seidan coin will claim supremacy? Choose their destiny! FIGHT!

4Charles2014
06/07/2017 03:45 PM (UTC)
These votes just gets harder and harder.
MrMephistopheles
06/07/2017 04:34 PM (UTC)
These guys ain't so bad. I always thought Hotaru looked pretty cool. I would like to see them both come back but I think Hotaru is just a bit better. This yellow section seems like it could be interesting.
Ninja_Mime
06/07/2017 05:12 PM (UTC)
I like both of these guys a lot. Darrius was my favorite newcomer to play as in Deception, but it's somewhat difficult to see him easily fitting into the current story. Of the four Orderrealm/Chaosrealm characters, he is the hardest to find a purpose for.

Hotaru, on the other hand, would work very well independent of the Order/Chaos conflict as a vigilante type character. His striking design alone makes him worth revisiting, but being a heavily armored dude with a polearm opens up unique moveset potential that I think would make him a very exciting character to have on the roster. Hopefully he shows up again soon.
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

06/07/2017 10:15 PM (UTC)
Hotaru is one of my personal faves from the 3D era. Cool look. Cool back story with the "LAW IS EVERYTHING" shtick. He might have a girly name, but I can look past that. Darrius is alright too. Wasn't too big on him. Dug his Alt costume look a lot.

My vote is for Hotaru.
Warbro666
06/08/2017 02:26 AM (UTC)
I voted for Hotaru. He was the first character I gravitated towards when I picked up Deception. I would definitely like to see him return in the future.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
06/08/2017 06:43 AM (UTC)

Moloch versus Drahmin
#64 Supreme Ranking #58
0 wins 5 losses Record 1 win 5 losses
Round 1 (2016) Best Result Round 2 (2014)

Moloch: a hulking, blue-skinned Oni conjured from the pits of the Netherrealm. Sub-boss in Deadly Alliance; The Oni Destroyer laid waste to anyone opposing his master with his natural brute strength, and dangerous ball and chain. Moloch was recruited to serve the necromancer Quan Chi, helping fend off the demonic pursuits of ninja spectre Scorpion. Moloch was a mere playable addition in Armageddon, reduced to a cameoing severed head in Mortal Kombat X. Tie-in comics revealed his fate in the new timeline, cut down by the revenant Kitana for failing Quan Chi.

Drahmin lived a cruel existence, condeming his soul to the 5th plane of the Netherrealm. Introduced in Deadly Alliance, the notorious fleshbare Oni Tormentor served as playable partner to Moloch. He too was enlisted by Quan Chi to keep Scorpion at bay, wielding a deadly iron club over one hand. His unique asymmetrical attack meant his only other appearance was in Armageddon. Like Moloch, he was dispatched in the new timeline when Quan Chi destroyed him - the price of failure.

They showed us a savage side of the Netherrealm as participants in a new era of kombat. They will forever be remembered for this role, but whose legacy of demonic brutality echoes loudest in time? Choose their destiny! FIGHT!

Warbro666
06/08/2017 07:29 AM (UTC)
Drahmin! One of my favourite MK characters of all time. It's a shame he's hated so much.

Moloch is pretty cool too, probably the least terrifying sub boss in the franchise though, it sucks that he's been reduced a bleeding head in Quan Chi's intro.
4Charles2014
06/08/2017 11:35 AM (UTC)
I wonder if anyone can tell me what those sections mean like the yellow, blue, red, and purple section in this tournament.
MKKitana
06/08/2017 11:37 AM (UTC)
I really like both these characters. Drahmin particularly has a good backstory. Its a shame they never made a real appearance outside Deadly Alliance (no real involvement in Armageddon) and are both dead in the new timeline.

For this match I am going to go with Moloch.

Only reason I went for him is he doesn't have a win under his belt yet so Im rooting for the underdog.
Ninja_Mime
06/08/2017 10:40 PM (UTC)
Now that Kenshi and Bo' Rai Cho have made their proper return, Drahmin is the #1 character I want to see make a comeback. Such a great character concept and design. NRS should stop drawing from 80's horror films and embrace their own monsters.
SwingBatta
06/09/2017 01:53 AM (UTC)
Shit, I missed the previous vote. I'd have picked Darrius, but obviously it's a moot point.

Anyway, went with Moloch. Drahmin has a decent storyline but his design makes me want to puke.
MrMephistopheles
06/09/2017 04:35 AM (UTC)
SwingBatta Wrote:
Drahmin has a decent storyline but his design makes me want to puke.

Too sexy?

I really hoped Moloch and Drahmin would be in MKX fighting for the Netherrealm. It kind of sucks that they attack and its basically revenant MK heroes who do all the fighting (apart from the usual leaders). Even MK4 had Reiko and Noob and MEAT!

I liked the oni monsters in Shaolin Monks and Moloch was cool in Deadly Alliance. It would be great to see more versions of NetherRealm monsters like this. I like Drahmin too though and it would be good if they find new ways to make him play well. Especially now that everyone dead in Netherrealm is a revenant (what ever happened to specters and wraiths and demons?)
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

06/09/2017 06:24 AM (UTC)

Havik versus Jade
#35 Supreme Ranking #12
3 wins 5 losses Record 9 wins 5 losses
Round 3 (2016) Best Result Quarters (2014)

Havik is a cleric of disorder worshiping entropy and unrest. Introduced in Deception, Havik hails from a realm of Chaos - though his schemes tend toward a deliberate design for conflict. Naturally opposing the warriors of Seido, Havik infects their plans by insinuating disorder wherever he can. His plans became increasingly ordered in the MKX comics, where he manipulated fighters across the realms whilst serving Quan Chi. Wielding blood magik gleaned from Nitara, he infected Kamidogu daggers to bedevil Raiden, Scorpion, Reiko and more! Moloch and Drahmin delivered Havik's head to the Netherrealm, where Quan Chi seemingly destroyed him.

Jade was a secret MKII palette swap fighter reached through kicks, but developed into a playable warrior in UMK3. When Kitana fled Outworld's Emperor, she was charged to pursue her friend, but instead aided her in Edenias rebellion. Jade returned years later in Deception, again forced into conflict with Kitana when she became a resurrected pawn for The Dragon King. When the timeline was rebooted, Jade's staff was again pldeged to Kitana. She perished fighting Sindel and the Outworld Invasion of Earth, but unlike the other heroes who died, her revenant form was destroyed before MKX. Her exact fate remains uncertain.

Their actions have both galvanized and eroded the reign of leaders. Their origins by birth have driven them to betray the command of masters. They are order and death, careening towards a destiny of death. Choose their destiny! FIGHT!

SwingBatta
06/09/2017 06:32 AM (UTC)
Havik.

Even though he's rather played out, he's contributed more to the series in just over a decade than Jade has in the past 24 years.

(Guess I'm really early here, as when I voted it showed the previous poll results instead.)
MKKitana
06/09/2017 07:20 AM (UTC)
SwingBatta Wrote:
Havik.

Even though he's rather played out, he's contributed more to the series in just over a decade than Jade has in the past 24 years.

(Guess I'm really early here, as when I voted it showed the previous poll results instead.)

Pretty much agree with this. Jade has brought nothing to the party and is rather boring to me. Havik had a decent story in MKD and I liked what they done with him in MKX comics. Shame he dead tho.
MrMephistopheles
06/09/2017 08:15 AM (UTC)
MKKitana Wrote:
SwingBatta Wrote:
Havik.

Pretty much agree with this. Jade has brought nothing to the party and is rather boring to me. Havik had a decent story in MKD and I liked what they done with him in MKX comics. Shame he dead tho.

I agree as well. How is Jade ranked #12? Thats pretty hard to swallow.
JasonVPred
About Me

... here's your Subzero, now plain zero.

06/09/2017 09:24 AM (UTC)
Havik, his just too good and he comfortably gets my vote! Sorry Jade.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

06/09/2017 10:29 AM (UTC)
SwingBatta Wrote:
Havik.

^
Ninja_Mime
06/09/2017 10:42 PM (UTC)
I don't have a complete hard-on for Havik like a lot of people, but he's pretty cool and gets my vote. Jade is maybe my least favorite character from the original trilogy. I did not mourn her exclusion.
Poasty-Guy
About Me
We've got chicken tonight. Strangest damn things. They're man made.
06/10/2017 04:14 AM (UTC)
Yeah, I'm not too pumped for the Blade Runner reboot/sequel, but I guess I'll see it eventually. We'll see.

EDIT: Shit, wrong thread. Ignore please.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.