Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 2 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Ready Player One?
I smell her perfume! (65.7%)
I smell something... (34.2%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • August 23rd, 2017
    Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 2 Trailer Reveals Raiden & More! [Read On]
  • August 17th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 2 Reveal Next Week [Read On]
  • August 12th, 2017
    MK Warehouse Celebrates 15 Years [Read On]
  • August 11th, 2017
    Mod Koms: Fan Edit Breaks Injustice 2 Bones With X-Rays [Read On]
  • August 7th, 2017
    Is Kitana in the Ready Player One Teaser Trailer? [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

DC Universe Injustice

Discussing DC Injustice and Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 05/16/2017 08:03 AMStatus ::
Injustice 2 Officially Released Today!

What would a major video game release be without a pop soundtracked launch trailer? Injustice 2 is officially in stores and if you weren't already sold - here's one last trailer to get the party started!

We wouldn't ordinarily encourage accepting unsolicited invitations into "the jungle", but if you pick yourself up a copy of Injustice 2 for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One you'll be able to hang with Gorilla Grodd, Swamp Thing and a cavalcade of new additions to the DC Comics fighting game series!

[Related Article: Injustice 2: Everything You Need To Know Trailer]

Got game? Register to share your thoughts, tips and tricks on the DC Universe Injustice forum! Learn more about the development process and Premier Skins in recent articles, while you're there!

KoRnKombatPosted: 05/16/2017 11:44 AMStatus ::

Visits::171
RE: Injustice 2 officially available now!

Anyone known the release date for Sub-Zero? I'm
Not buying this game until he's available.

trynaxPosted: 05/16/2017 11:49 AMStatus ::

Visits::319
Nationality::United States

I am still not sold on this game series even after playing the first one. Possibly because this series is so much like every other fighter out there on the market. It is very similar to Street Fighter where you have a set amount of moves, specials and in this case super moves. That is the other reason why Mortal Kombat is different. You have specials and besides supers you get finishers, then in MK9 and MKX we got super moves on top of that but it was different than games like this. I am a huge DC fan, and even bigger Robin fan, mostly I like Jason Todd and I see him appear as the Red Hood but it still doesn't sell me on the game. I get what Netherrealm is trying to do and that is to distance themselves away from the MK series occassionally but when it comes to fighting games they will always be tied to that series and when they do a fighting game some fans may be expecting something more similar to the MK series rather than what we get in the Injustice games. I'll give them props for doing a different game but to me when I think of Netherrealm Studios and fighting games, Mortal Kombat is what they are known for.

717313=Rain Can Be Found In The Graveyard
KoRnKombatPosted: 05/16/2017 03:08 PMStatus ::

Hopefully this is the last Injustice game. No more DC games by NetherRealm studios!

KoRnKombatPosted: 05/16/2017 03:15 PMStatus ::

I bought the first injustice game but only after scorpion came out as DLC, but the game got very boring very quickly. I will do the same when Sub-Zero is released. Something mainly to keep me preoccupied until MK11 comes out.

Human-Smoke-4-everPosted: 05/16/2017 06:33 PMStatus ::

Visits::1781
Nationality::Ireland

They definitely teased an Injustice 3 with the storymode ending
Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman are still bad

Why couldn't this ending have happened?
Human-Smoke-4-everPosted: 05/16/2017 06:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::1781
Nationality::Ireland

KoRnKombat Wrote:
Hopefully this is the last Injustice game. No more DC games by NetherRealm studios!

To me this didn't even feel like a true sequel with so many of the first game coming back. It feels more like Ultra Injustice than Injustice 2.

Why couldn't this ending have happened?
Mobster_For_SATANPosted: 05/17/2017 03:26 PMStatus ::

Visits::5189

Human-Smoke-4-ever Wrote:
KoRnKombat Wrote:

To me this didn't even feel like a true sequel with so many of the first game coming back. It feels more like Ultra Injustice than Injustice 2.

LOL, what? You can't have a DC game with the heavy hitters, and can't go wrong with Bane, Harley, Catwoman, and Cyborg. There's so man fan service characters in the game like Swamp Thing, Captain Cold, Blue Beetle, Atricitous, Doctor Fate, Poison Ivy. So what the fuck are you talking about? Every fighting game with established characters will make a comeback for the sequel . MKX did the same thing.

DetoxPosted: 05/17/2017 08:20 PMStatus ::

Visits::4226

trynax Wrote:
I am still not sold on this game series even after playing the first one. Possibly because this series is so much like every other fighter out there on the market. It is very similar to Street Fighter where you have a set amount of moves, specials and in this case super moves. That is the other reason why Mortal Kombat is different. You have specials and besides supers you get finishers, then in MK9 and MKX we got super moves on top of that but it was different than games like this.

So basically what I got here was, "I like Mortal Kombat because of the fatalities." Nothing wrong with that, mind you. But you basically described fighting games as a whole, over and over and the only thing I read that sets MK apart in your mind is "finishers".

I'm a man that appreciates fatalities as much as the next, but it's a shame that with all of the innovations that NRS has made in a genre that typically isn't pushed beyond it's norms, that fatalities is still all most people can point at when trying to think of what sets MK apart.

Enough derailment from me...

I've spent a pretty good length of time with I2 since Tuesday, and so far, it is indeed head and shoulders above its predecessor. I actually found myself trying to grind out levels with Batman late into the night. I haven't really messed with Swamp Thing much yet. I choose familiarity(Batman) when I first jumped in to the game, but hope to remedy that shortly.

Photobucket

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
Bryden88Posted: 05/18/2017 09:44 AMStatus ::

Visits::1619

I'm loving it. Absolutely loving it.

That said, as is with any NRS game there are people who play online and can't win if they don't range zone spam :P

I'm looking at Deadshot players lol.

JohnBoyAdvancePosted: 05/18/2017 09:55 AMStatus ::

Visits::13117
Nationality::United Kingdom

KoRnKombat Wrote:

I hope... I really hope they make Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe 2: Everyone has a Darkseid, JUST TO SPITE YOU.

AgentKPosted: 05/18/2017 02:49 PMStatus ::

Visits::53
Nationality::Argentina
RE: Injustice 2 Officially Released Today!

*Yawn*

I have ZERO interest in this game. Didn't even know it got released this week. Hopefully it dies out soon so we can get back to Mortal Kombat.

Page of 1

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.