Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (29.7%)
Jade (40.5%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (24.3%)
Freddy Krueger (5.4%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • September 18th, 2017
    Raiden & Black Lightning Electrify in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • September 14th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Pop! Vinyl Coming Soon [Read On]
  • September 1st, 2017
    No More Mortal Kombat Guests for Injustice 2 [Read On]
  • September 1st, 2017
    Kombat Kon 2017 Returns This Month [Read On]
  • August 31st, 2017
    Speculation: Will Fighter Pack 3 Deliver Third Kombatant? [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

DC Universe Injustice

Discussing DC Injustice and Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 09/01/2017 11:35 PMStatus ::
No More Mortal Kombat Guests for Injustice 2

Ask a question - get an answer. Injustice 2 will not receive any further interlopers from the Mortal Kombat franchise in Fighter Pack 3! Responding to a recent MK Online User Poll speculation piece, Creative Director Ed Boon put it in no uncertain terms: "Nope."

Sub-Zero and Raiden upped the MK quotient by double in Injustice 2, following the first game's successful addition of Scorpion.

Injustice 2 will top Mortal Kombat X for the most download fighters in a NetherRealm Studios title to date. The 2017 DC fighter will go one better, rounding out a post-game cycle with at least 10 additional characters, including pre-order incentive Darkseid.

The final DLC trio were teased in shadow in the first Fighter Pack trailer. Two character's identities remain subject to intense fan speculation, which until now saw mounting belief in a third Kombat guest. 73.3% of MK Online users polled believed a third kombatant was coming, with Kitana the leading source of speculation.

MK guests in a fighting game by the makers of Mortal Kombat is a lesser guest character evil, but has never the less remained divisive amongst Injustice 2 fans. Boon's no nonsense, sedate approach to Injustice rumors has alleviated these concerns. DC's Atom is expected to be among the final offerings.

2 Outta 38 Ain't Bad: Creative Director eases kommunity concern over Kombat guests. [via @UchihaDan100]

Black Manta is the first download character from Injustice 2's second Fighter Pack, available this month. Fighter Pack 2 also delivers dual crossover guests Raiden, and Mike Mignola's Dark Horse Comics icon: Hellboy.

Pleased to rule out more Kombat guests? Who do you think the final DLC will be? Register to share your thoughts on the DC Universe Injustice forum! Spread the word like Ed Boon by following & sharing this story @MK_Online or Facebook!

JasonVPredPosted: 09/02/2017 01:10 AMStatus ::

Visits::878
RE: No More Mortal Kombat Guests for Injustice 2

When I first saw that picture I burst out laughing.

In all seriousness, I have come to the conclusion that Injustice 2 could have used another hulking powerhouse like Shao Kahn in its fighter pack. After reflecting on the roster, I realized the first game is more outlandish with its traditional comic book violence: Shao Kahn would have been the next best thing to an actual comic book character, because he looks and acts like a comic book villain. That is an aspect which a normal sized god or ninja cannot replicate and it diminishes the feel of the game: too many "generic" humans.

... here's your Subzero, now plain zero.
DetoxPosted: 09/02/2017 07:21 PMStatus ::

Visits::4232
Nationality::United States

JasonVPred Wrote:

In all seriousness, I have come to the conclusion that Injustice 2 could have used another hulking powerhouse like Shao Kahn in its fighter pack. After reflecting on the roster, I realized the first game is more outlandish with its traditional comic book violence: Shao Kahn would have been the next best thing to an actual comic book character, because he looks and acts like a comic book villain. That is an aspect which a normal sized god or ninja cannot replicate and it diminishes the feel of the game: too many "generic" humans.

Agreed. Shao Kahn could've been a great edition to the roster. His move set would've translated well. I'm sure the art team could've went insane with gear options for him. Hell, he could even have a Dark Kahn premiere skin! Missed opportunity.

I'm still of the opinion that the "Atom" slot on the select screen could be a swerve. Maybe playing the whole silhouette game in the past has me a bit jaded, but what seems to be constellations in the background of that particular box leaves me to believe the diminutive stature of the character may just be in proportion to his environment, not his ability. All opinions of course. Maybe those are just molecules floating around the silhouette. I'm going with Dr Manhattan for the swerve!

Photobucket

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
JasonVPredPosted: 09/02/2017 08:27 PMStatus ::

Visits::878

Detox Wrote:
JasonVPred Wrote:

Agreed. Shao Kahn could've been a great edition to the roster. His move set would've translated well. I'm sure the art team could've went insane with gear options for him. Hell, he could even have a Dark Kahn premiere skin! Missed opportunity.

I'm still of the opinion that the "Atom" slot on the select screen could be a swerve. Maybe playing the whole silhouette game in the past has me a bit jaded, but what seems to be constellations in the background of that particular box leaves me to believe the diminutive stature of the character may just be in proportion to his environment, not his ability. All opinions of course. Maybe those are just molecules floating around the silhouette. I'm going with Dr Manhattan for the swerve!

But then we will not get a shrinking super move in Injustice 2.

... here's your Subzero, now plain zero.
DetoxPosted: 09/02/2017 10:09 PMStatus ::

???

Or, once again, I'm reading too much into it, haha.

Photobucket

MrMephistophelesPosted: 09/03/2017 12:26 AMStatus ::

Visits::0

Good to get an answer. I wonder what this means for other non-MK guest characters.

Detox Wrote:

???

Or, once again, I'm reading too much into it, haha.

If you look closely they all have the same constellation type pattern behind them.

It seems to me like they created mystery with these shadows but theyve avoided making false hopes for Injustice 2. Ed Boon hasnt been as cryptic or jokey as usual. Now he gives a straight answer about MK in FP3. I think after MKX theyre being safe so people dont spend all year crying about Fujin or Rain who are never coming. So I think the tiny shadow guy is just going to be Atom and Im excited to see how they do shrinking powers.

DetoxPosted: 09/03/2017 11:23 AMStatus ::

MrMephistopheles Wrote:

If you look closely they all have the same constellation type pattern behind them.

It seems to me like they created mystery with these shadows but theyve avoided making false hopes for Injustice 2. Ed Boon hasnt been as cryptic or jokey as usual. Now he gives a straight answer about MK in FP3. I think after MKX theyre being safe so people dont spend all year crying about Fujin or Rain who are never coming. So I think the tiny shadow guy is just going to be Atom and Im excited to see how they do shrinking powers.

Yeah, I'd noticed that too, but the parallels were too striking for me to ignore. Once again, all speculation on my part.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see how they'd make Atom work.

Photobucket

MrMephistophelesPosted: 09/04/2017 01:44 AMStatus ::

Visits::0

Detox Wrote:
MrMephistopheles Wrote:

Yeah, I'd noticed that too, but the parallels were too striking for me to ignore. Once again, all speculation on my part.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see how they'd make Atom work.

Hmm you might be right. Dr manhattan in a new Superman comic I think. MKO should do a post about it so Ed Boon will just tell us yes or no lol.

AgentKPosted: 09/04/2017 07:16 AMStatus ::

Visits::54
Nationality::Finland

No Kitana, no buy.

frabnPosted: 09/05/2017 11:19 AMStatus ::

Visits::539

Great news. The game doesn't need anymore MK characters. Just like MKX, I2 is getting saturated with guests. 50% of the DLC roster already is non-DC guests (not counting Darkseid since he isn't downloadable content, but disc-locked content).

Since WB has more control over I2 than NRS does in terms of DLC, I do hope that the next guest (which is inevitable) finally brings Spawn. Hellboy, although a guest, thankfully fits into the game since he's a comic book anti-hero and he has crossed over with DC before. Spawn would fit as well. Though I despise guest characters, the difference between Injustice and MK is that the guest characters for Injustice, aside from the MK characters, actually fit in. You don't have extreme bullshit like Jason, Leatherface and Freddy. You have fellow comic book characters that have been featured in books bearing the DC logo before. While those roster spots should still go to DC characters, this is good enough.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
blacksaibotPosted: 09/14/2017 05:55 PMStatus ::

Visits::9002
Nationality::Bahamas

Thank God; no more bastardizations.

These super hero version costumes of MK characters has been nothing but hideous renditions.

Page of 1

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.