RUMOR: Possible Leak of Mortal Kombat 11 Production Info Emerges
posted10/03/2017 11:37 AM (UTC)by
frabn
About Me

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?

MKO alum and personal friend Shang_Heihachi alerted me to this.

Moderately-known Youtube MK fan "BruskPoetProductions" has come out with a new video (shown here) containing information sourced from a Spanish Mortal Kombat fan site, Mortal-Kombat.org (which he refers to as "the Spanish MKOnline"). On the site, a user who claims to have an inside source at NRS indicates that he was shown some concept art for the next game, as well as a very brief, basic plot synopsis.

Basically, it is rumored that MK 11 will be a sort of hybrid of Deception and Armageddon storylines, with Onaga and Blaze both factoring in, but the main threat in the game will not be from other "kingdoms" (likely the user meant Realms), but from within. Confirmed to return thus far Raiden, Sub-Zero, Scorpion with concept art showing initial sketches of Onaga, Blaze, Taven and Daegon.

We already know Daegon is the lord of the Red Dragon, but other than the endings of Kenshi and Takeda, the Red Dragon, Daegon and Taven had no presence in MKX. Despite appearing in the comic book, we also know that the comic book has absolutely ZERO relevance to the game storyline and is entirely unrelated. Any lore from the comic should be completely ignored. We know that Raiden has gone "dark" and he may very well be an enemy moving forward, and that Liu Kang and Kitana are the new lords of the Netherealm. There has been passing mention to Deception related events in both MK9 and MKX. Based on that, this "leak" contains fairly believable information.

Also, we know that NRS likes to sew the seeds of interest with intentional leaks. The European fan base has been getting more attention and special treatment from the devs in recent years so it's not surprising that they would leak something to a European fan site first.

As for my source within NRS, who I worked with when I worked at Blizzard Ent., I have not heard from him in months. I'm not sure if he went dark because he felt his job was in jeopardy or found out that I shared some of the info and got annoyed, but I haven't heard from him since he erroneously told me that they were working on KP3. In any case, I am unable to corroborate this as I am not in contact with him anymore.

And I apologize if this should have been posted in the Future MK Games discussion forum, as I often forget about that one.
barakall
09/06/2017 12:39 PM (UTC)
Highly doubt it, this is an easy guess. I really hope they just come up with something new. Armageddon was deferred so no way it's about that. That would be a big fail! All the signs points towards:
- Raiden turning dark
- Shang Tsung coming back
- Liu Kang & Kitana reigning Edenia, defend it and possibly other realms from Raiden, Tsung + Kahn who is running Outworld and likely to expand

If they include Dragon King, he should not be a guy on two legs with wings, give me some GoT type of dragon with a Nightking riding it and a tag-team type of deal!
JohnBoyAdvance
09/06/2017 05:06 PM (UTC)
No
frabn
About Me

09/07/2017 06:18 AM (UTC)
barakall Wrote:
Highly doubt it, this is an easy guess. I really hope they just come up with something new. Armageddon was deferred so no way it's about that. That would be a big fail! All the signs points towards:
- Raiden turning dark
- Liu Kang & Kitana reigning Edenia, defend it and possibly other realms from Raiden, Tsung + Kahn who is running Outworld and likely to expand

Right, those are the key points we got from MKX story mode ending, + the semi canon character endings. I don't think they'd venture near Armageddon territory again, as the whole purpose of the "reboot" is to avoid Armageddon at all costs, but I wouldn't be surprised if they incorporate some story elements. I absolutely hated the 3d era, so I also hope they come up with new stuff altogether rather than retreading.
kamouniyak
09/07/2017 06:20 PM (UTC)
I loved the 3D era, especially Armageddon! This sounds awesome! I hope Daegon and Taven are important to the story and Daegon finds some sort of redemption
Immortal_Kanji
09/08/2017 03:01 AM (UTC)
I think instead of Reptile being the vessel for Onaga, Goro should be this time.

Which 3D characters are suited to return and leaving some to die forever.
Uppercut Editions
About Me

Uppercut Editions - Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Project Creator and Manager - Join Our Fight and Like the Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Project on Facebook and Twitter -

09/08/2017 10:39 AM (UTC)
It's not entirely accurate.

I'm not going to go into how I know, but I know that some of that is blatantly false.
kamouniyak
09/08/2017 07:39 PM (UTC)
Ninja_Arts Wrote:

I'm not going to go into how I know, but I know that some of that is blatantly false.

Well, not getting into HOW you know, but you could say which part is inaccurate.
The one about the Dragon King?
Or the part about Daegon& Taven?
lastfighter89
09/08/2017 10:30 PM (UTC)
Well, if the usual work routine at NRS hasn't changed, I'd say MK 11 or whatever is named has barely begun.
Ed Boon once said that the team immediatly start the preliminary work of the next game once the previoys is released.

At this point MK 11 is just a fetus, not even the team knows how or what MK11 will look like.

If their next game is a MK one (remember the horror icpns game? I wouldn't rule it out yet), I bet that Shang Tsung, Noob Saibot and Jade will be back.
wdm6789
09/09/2017 01:54 PM (UTC)

I do not want to see Blaze ever again, he's such a lame character. I wouldn't mind Onaga, Deception is one of the best MK games of all time. But they need to do something original. Armageddon had some cool elements, cool stages, cool story mode, but the game kinda sucked and so did the story. I love Shang Tsung, I wouldn't mind seeing him back. We need some explanation for Jade, I'd like to see her back too. Liu Kang and Kitana as villains is something they definitely need to expand on, although neither character should "die." They don't even need to be the big bad, but keep them self serving and evil for a while. I think it would be cool if they have Shinnok's head on display as a decoration in their throne room or something.
Uppercut Editions
About Me

Uppercut Editions - Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Project Creator and Manager - Join Our Fight and Like the Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Project on Facebook and Twitter -

09/09/2017 02:07 PM (UTC)
kamouniyak Wrote:
Ninja_Arts Wrote:

Well, not getting into HOW you know, but you could say which part is inaccurate.

Daegon and Taven are very much in the plan from what I understand.
wdm6789
09/09/2017 06:21 PM (UTC)
Ninja_Arts Wrote:
kamouniyak Wrote:
Ninja_Arts Wrote:

So does this mean Edenia might be involved somehow?
kamouniyak
09/09/2017 06:46 PM (UTC)
Ninja_Arts Wrote:
kamouniyak Wrote:
Ninja_Arts Wrote:

Awesome! Man, thanks for the answer, even though I knew you didn't want to disclose your source or say something inappropriate.

I hope Daegon finds some sort of redemption. I'd love to see Old Edenia flashbacks
Reptile1112
About Me

You will die mortal. TOASTY Speed Metal will never die.

09/10/2017 10:03 AM (UTC)
Ugh...Please no Taven and Daegon...
$unknown
09/10/2017 03:46 PM (UTC)
Maybe Netherrealm Studios can squeeze something from that pile of stinking shit.
KenshiMaster16
09/10/2017 11:39 PM (UTC)
Ninja_Arts Wrote:
kamouniyak Wrote:
Ninja_Arts Wrote:

Hmmm, well that's interesting. They could be pretty cool if given the proper tweaks.
MindStrikes
09/11/2017 08:16 PM (UTC)
Deagen & Taven... intresting The stages in Armageddon looked good. Hope to see more of the Deception/Armageddon setting return.
Less high tech gadget inspired characters and more outworld/orderrealm/netherrealm/edenian inspired characters.
MrMephistopheles
09/14/2017 06:00 AM (UTC)
frabn Wrote:

Moderately-known Youtube MK fan "BruskPoetProductions" has come out with a new video (shown here) containing information sourced from a Spanish Mortal Kombat fan site, Mortal-Kombat.org (which he refers to as "the Spanish MKOnline"). On the site, a user who claims to have an inside source at NRS indicates that he was shown some concept art for the next game, as well as a very brief, basic plot synopsis.

Random youtube kid repeats madeup story from Spanish MK site to get views from idiots. lmao
frabn
About Me

09/14/2017 12:34 PM (UTC)
MrMephistopheles Wrote:
frabn Wrote:

Random youtube kid repeats madeup story from Spanish MK site to get views from idiots. lmao

That's why it was prefaced with "Rumor", jackass.
Viser
09/15/2017 01:07 AM (UTC)
I just reakky hope they work harder on the lore, and get rid of the chapter system. It would be epic to have a full blown rpg style fighting game. every character should get time to shine.

And i need more Sub-Zero, and for goodness sake a better design also. Injustice he looked awful, he needs to look more like John Turk.
KenshiMaster16
09/17/2017 02:11 AM (UTC)
More potential info, but it comes from Reddit so.......probably bullshit. I'll post it here regardless because hey, it's something to talk about.

Reptile1112
About Me

You will die mortal. TOASTY Speed Metal will never die.

09/18/2017 10:41 AM (UTC)
If there's any truth to that, I really don't see why, at this point in the story, they don't just take a stab at an original plot line for this game.
kamouniyak
09/19/2017 05:11 PM (UTC)
Reptile1112 Wrote:
If there's any truth to that, I really don't see why, at this point in the story, they don't just take a stab at an original plot line for this game.

The 3D plot lines were the best in terms of mythology.

The gameplay wasn't very good in the 3D era, that's why the games are not very popular. But the story and the mythology were amazing!

From Sub-Zero finding his roots up in the Outworld mountains with the extinct cryomancers civilization, to the ancient passageway Quan Chi uses to escape the Netherrealm and find the Dragon King's army, to Scorpion engaging Drahmin and Moloch and loosing, being thrown into the soulnado and becoming the Elder Gods' champion, to ancient prophecies, warriors becoming so powerful and so numerous, to political schemes with Edenia gaining its independence and Mileena posing as Kitana and opening the capital city's gates for Shao Kahn's army.

From multi-realms coalitions to all-out war between armies lead by Bo'Rai Cho and the tarkatans, from Shinnok playing everyone from deep inside the Netherrealm to brotherly epic showdowns like Taven vs Daegon or Sub-Zero trying to save Noob Saibot.

I signal as highlights the MK Deception comic (which you must definitely read, it's black and white, available online, in the words of an awoken Dragon King), the fight and then alliance between Quan Chi, Shang Tsung and Raiden, who had to unite in a last effort against Onaga and the intro to Armageddon, in the Edenian crater, after the pyramid of Argus rises.
Tazer_Gunshot
09/19/2017 09:19 PM (UTC)
barakall Wrote:
- Raiden turning dark

If they include Dragon King, he should not be a guy on two legs with wings, give me some GoT type of dragon with a Nightking riding it and a tag-team type of deal!

Liu and Kitana are ruling NetherRealm not Edenia.
friendshipagain
09/29/2017 09:58 PM (UTC)
Interesting how that youtuber LOVES Taven, Daegon, Onaga and Blaze - 4 of the frankly least popular MK rush-job characters ever created and they ALL happen to be coming back in playable form.

Looks like someone stirring up early rumors to drum up discussion and try get his favorites onto the roster.

Honestly those four are terrible, so many other 3d-era possibilities worthy of a revisit. These are not four names which spring to mind.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.