Baraka in MK11?
posted05/23/2018 05:01 PM (UTC)by
Tazer_Gunshot
Can NRS do justice with Baraka after what they did to him in MKX? I was stunned when they merged him with Alien. I think if Baraka is in MK11, he won't feel or play the same. Your thoughts?
Human-Smoke-4-ever
About Me

Why couldn't this ending have happened?

09/20/2017 10:34 PM (UTC)
Devorah killed him in story mode. Put a hole through his head. Unless he appears as a Revanant I doubt he'll be in XI.

Plus the guest characters are non-canon [Thank God for small mercies]so the whole thing with him and the xenomorph never happened in official continuity.
lastfighter89
09/21/2017 01:45 PM (UTC)
Human-Smoke-4-ever Wrote:
Devorah killed him in story mode. Put a hole through his head. Unless he appears as a Revanant I doubt he'll be in XI.

Plus the guest characters are non-canon [Thank God for small mercies]so the whole thing with him and the xenomorph never happened in official continuity.

That's not necessary true, D'Vorah could actually fail that QTE and Baraka survived.
Tazer_Gunshot
09/22/2017 06:03 AM (UTC)
What if Baraka had actually sliced D'Vorah in half before she was able to remove his heart and brain? Even if we didn't to the command to do the Fatality to Baraka in Storymode, she still ended up doing it anyways...I don't get it.

Baraka:

MK2: In
MK3: Out
MK4: Out (not counting Gold because barely anyone had it).
MKDA: Out
MKD: In
MK 2011: In
MKX: Out
MK11: ?

I know the In/Out thing isn't anything really, but I'm hoping that he returns y Shang reviving him.
lastfighter89
09/22/2017 01:59 PM (UTC)
Tazer_Gunshot Wrote:
What if Baraka had actually sliced D'Vorah in half before she was able to remove his heart and brain? Even if we didn't to the command to do the Fatality to Baraka in Storymode, she still ended up doing it anyways...I don't get it.

Baraka:

MK2: In
MK3: Out
MK4: Out (not counting Gold because barely anyone had it).
MKDA: Out
MKD: In
MK 2011: In
MKX: Out
MK11: ?

I know the In/Out thing isn't anything really, but I'm hoping that he returns y Shang reviving him.

Baraka says he is dead, but that's not necessary true.

However, D'Vorah won that fight, as if she is defeated the story mode won't go forward.

Your argument is invalid.
Even Tabmok99 in his Baraka video accept this as a (remote) possibility.
Human-Smoke-4-ever
About Me

Why couldn't this ending have happened?

10/01/2017 01:50 PM (UTC)
lastfighter89 Wrote:

That's not necessary true, D'Vorah could actually fail that QTE and Baraka survived.

It still cuts to a scene where D'Vorah returns to Kotal Khan and clearly states that Baraka is dead.
lastfighter89
10/01/2017 06:22 PM (UTC)
lastfighter89 Wrote:

It still cuts to a scene where D'Vorah returns to Kotal Khan and clearly states that Baraka is dead.

She sais she killed him, but did she really do it?
Death is cheap in Mortal Kombat. And being dead never stops a character from coming back in a new game.

So it could go either way.
They could also make a new Tarkatan Character to move things forward too.
shrairyuwarrior
About Me

PSN:athlos23

10/12/2017 04:22 AM (UTC)
Making a new tarkaten is dumb. As dumb as making kira or karen rather then just using Nano. Unless they introduce a female tarkaten I'd rather then just have Baraka
kamouniyak
10/13/2017 04:29 PM (UTC)
There's not much that you can do with a character like Baraka. He's a jobber, he was always stupid. He's never going to get any smarter as to actually do something worthy. It's impossible to make him unite the tarkatans for a common, noble cause or something.

And besides, a few games staying dead is normal.

lastfighter89
10/13/2017 07:44 PM (UTC)
kamouniyak Wrote:
There's not much that you can do with a character like Baraka. He's a jobber, he was always stupid. He's never going to get any smarter as to actually do something worthy. It's impossible to make him unite the tarkatans for a common, noble cause or something.

That's nit true, sometimes Baraka is smart. Look at his mk Deception ending and how he fooled Mileena.
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

10/15/2017 01:47 AM (UTC)
lastfighter89 Wrote:
lastfighter89 Wrote:

lastfighter89
10/16/2017 01:33 AM (UTC)
Detox Wrote:
lastfighter89 Wrote:
lastfighter89 Wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIzkqa1isDU

start from 4:11
Detox
About Me

10/16/2017 01:51 AM (UTC)
Ha! I had never actually seen what happens when you fail that QTE. I feel the implication here, though, is that he was indeed killed. But hey, what does death really mean in MK?
kamouniyak Wrote:

I shudder to think how bland and boring a roster with no jobbers would be. It'd probably be Vanilla MKX but without the Outworld guys.

Because most of the monsters/ninjas or generally interesting looking fighters have to do the job for Raiden and his band of heroes.

Besides there's plenty you could do with Baraka, but you would first have to actually give a fuck about the character in the first place to take him somewhere.

Something NRS isn't currently capable of. They'd rather just slap some half-assed Baraka moves on Alien.

barakall
10/16/2017 04:05 PM (UTC)
I really don't understand how underrated, underused and misrepresented Baraka is. I might be biased, but to me Baraka truly represents MK; the fantasy, dark, evil side of Outworld that is. So many bland characters created by NRS and people somehow love them but think Baraka is just a lackey with no place for him. MKX truly misses a character like Baraka and to me if he's not in MK11, or a similar type of Tarkatan then I'd be truly shocked. There's so much potential but indeed you have to put the effort and time in.
Detox
About Me

10/16/2017 10:05 PM (UTC)
barakall Wrote:
I really don't understand how underrated, underused and misrepresented Baraka is. I might be biased, but to me Baraka truly represents MK; the fantasy, dark, evil side of Outworld that is. So many bland characters created by NRS and people somehow love them but think Baraka is just a lackey with no place for him. MKX truly misses a character like Baraka and to me if he's not in MK11, or a similar type of Tarkatan then I'd be truly shocked. There's so much potential but indeed you have to put the effort and time in.

I gotta disagree on MKX being absent a character like Baraka. I felt D’vorah was an absolutely great addition to the cast and kind of fit the dark, fantasy side of MK very well. I feel it was the fantasy element period that suffered in MKX. Sure it was present, but Special Forces taking center stage over the white lotus or the Lin kuei was just a bad idea..

Without derailing too much, I believe a Tarkatan will be in MKXI, I’m just not so sure it will be Baraka.
Yeah a new Tarkatan has potential to be good too.
So long as they put effort in making them their own character and not Baraka Junior or Mileena Junior. You could even have them as a Kotal sympathizer separating that one from the rest of the horde and that would be enough.

You can do plenty with the Tarkatans to make them interesting, you just have to actually put effort into it. More than none at all, NRS.
lastfighter89
10/17/2017 09:54 AM (UTC)
Tarkatans are based on hierarchy.
A single Tarkata siding with Kotal wouldn't make sense, as the MK lore hasn't had enough contradictions.

A cool story would be D'Vorah merely pretending to kill Baraka, because he works undercover for the Brotherhood of Shadow, something he did in MK Gold.as well, so it would make sense for the character.

Plus, if a new tournament is set to take place between earth and outworld with Earth being the bad guys, I can see Bo' Rai Cho training him for the sake of Outworld.

It makes sense that monster like charavters like Goro, Baraka and Reptile are jobbers, if Baraka wins a fight, he is a beast with blades, he would kill the hero in a very anticlimatic way.
Characters like Johnny Cage or Kung Lao, are not forced to kill, making them appear more like superheroes, which was the intention of Ed Boon and John Tobias since the beginning.
Tazer_Gunshot
10/22/2017 04:20 AM (UTC)
kamouniyak Wrote:

So Mileena falls within these lines to right? She always had the same moves since MK 2 and all other games she was in. It's fine for Mileena to sit out a game or two also.
Kung Lao too.

His moves more or less have stayed the same over the years, fatalities always have something to do with his hat, and for X he did almost nothing in the plot. KL has gotten stale.
Masr
12/13/2017 04:07 PM (UTC)
Replace Baraka, with Karbrac..... Or Batzorig........
frabn
About Me

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?

01/19/2018 03:53 AM (UTC)
We can move on without Baraka and be fine. He lost any appeal to me when Deception revealed that all Tarkatan are just one in the same, they're all a bunch of Baraki. No individuality. He was dead to me from that moment on. Even though he looked slightly different than the Tarkatan in MKX, he's run his course. They screwed up on developing him as a character, and as full of retcons as MK is, they've consistently held to the notion put forth in Deception that all Tarkatan are just a bunch of Baraki. He's the equivalent of a Mortal Kombat Red Shirt. One of a faceless many that had a name for a few minutes.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new type of Tarkatan, mutant or other Outworld denizen, but let the dead stay dead. The resurrections in MKX were interesting but we can see that they're afraid to let the iconic characters stay dead.

Masr
01/19/2018 11:31 AM (UTC)
When the Tarkatan Horde was going to be split up into three main units, Shao Kahn ordered Baraka to select two additional Captains. Karbrac is a vicious Tarkatan who's fighting skills and violent tendencies are renowned, and so Baraka handpicks him to lead the Wasteland Unit. The other Captain being Batzorig; an older, more experienced and cunning warlord.

Karbrac has a boney looking body, unlike Baraka, who's considered the fittest and strongest of his race, physically. Karbrac is a little taller than most other Tarkatans, but his backbone is somewhat curved, causing him to hunch over slightly, making his height less apparent. Two piercing, beady eyes are set deep in a long, narrow and gnarly looking face, with battle scars running across it, deforming his overal visage. His teeth are smaller than Baraka's, and he has less of a toothy grin, probably due to his mouth being severely scarred. His pointy ears have almost entirely been clawed away over the years. Although his skull is bald, black hair grows behind his ears, all the way round the lower half of the back of his head; fanning out, nearly reaching down to his shoulders. Karbrac's skin is yellow ochre, while Baraka's appears more fleshy red, and Batzorig has a pale grey complexion. He wears heavy black armor on some parts of his body, he's covered in leathery pieces of cloth and animal furs. Short black chains, small daggers and random bones hang from his belts and straps. He wears a chainmail loincloth instead of pants, as well as some metal armor to protect his gut area, which happens to be fat somehow, in stark contrast with his otherwise skinny appearance. Tied to the back of this armored belt are two long spears, each projecting to one side, reaching a little higher than the top of his head. One spear is driven through a human looking skull lacking a lower jaw, just visible over his shoulder. The other one has a long banner tied to its tip, ripped to shreds towards the other end. Metal greaves protect his shins, although he walks around barefoot. His toes and long crooked fingers have curvy nails and his forearms are bulkier and more muscled than his upper arms. His retractable blades appear to be boney in structure, as opposed to the metallic ones Baraka has: they lack the metal sound effects when being used during fights. They're also shorter than Baraka's are, and he can not use a spark created by rubbing the blades together. He does however use a small iron throwing axe, both in close kombat as well as a fast projectile.
shrairyuwarrior
About Me

PSN:athlos23

01/29/2018 06:26 AM (UTC)
Baraka has come back from death before. In MK4 Gold. Plus its MK anyone can come back.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.