Raiden Elder God
posted01/24/2018 08:49 PM (UTC)by
Seasrmar
I guess this goes here. Did Raiden ascend to be an Elder God after MKX? In the original timeline, Raiden ascend to be an Elder God after Shinnok defeat. Did he again ascend to be Elder God after the events of MKX when Cassie Cage defeated Shinnok, or for that matter, after prologue of MKX when Johnny Cage defeated and trapped Shinnok in the amulet? MKX sort of parallel MK4 with obvious differences. This is relevant to MKXI to whether Raiden will be an Elder God or just a God.
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

01/21/2018 12:24 AM (UTC)
He did not. It looks as though they've skipped that and went straight to Dark Raiden(likely a side effect of purifying the jinsei as opposed to him sacrificing himself to stop Onaga).
Seasrmar
01/23/2018 09:21 PM (UTC)
That makes sense. I wonder if they did make him an Elder God and with his now strategy of protecting the Earthrealm by attacking other realms instead of simply defending Earthrealm, would his fellow Elder Gods give him the Shinnok treatment. i.e. they actively stop him and banish him to another realm.
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

01/24/2018 08:49 PM (UTC)
Seasrmar Wrote:
That makes sense. I wonder if they did make him an Elder God and with his now strategy of protecting the Earthrealm by attacking other realms instead of simply defending Earthrealm, would his fellow Elder Gods give him the Shinnok treatment. i.e. they actively stop him and banish him to another realm.

While we won't know for sure till MK11 it's certainly possible. Quan Chi's arcade ending has him becoming the Elder God's champion with the express directive to kill Raiden.

All depends on how far Raiden goes to ensure Earthrealm's "safety". Should he start invading realms as is, once again, aluded to in an arcade ending, the Elder God's may choose to regulate.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.