DLC for MK11
posted03/17/2018 05:07 AM (UTC)by
creed200569
I think they should do what killer instinct does and do seasons. They can do 5-6 kharacters,fatality pack,stages and story chapters per season. MKX seriously lacked stages so I hope they add a lot more in the new one along with stage fatalities and not just all new stages, bring back some klassics. Thoughts
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

03/12/2018 03:53 AM (UTC)
creed200569 Wrote:
I think they should do what killer instinct does and do seasons. They can do 5-6 kharacters,fatality pack,stages and story chapters per season. MKX seriously lacked stages so I hope they add a lot more in the new one along with stage fatalities and not just all new stages, bring back some klassics. Thoughts

While I too would like to see NRS support their titles for a longer stretch, it’s more than likely not going to happen.

1) Killer Instinct and NRS games are two different beasts. KI is a free to play game that was always meant to be sustained by a drip feed of content. NRS games are fully featured AAA $60 packages with a limited life span. That limited life span is 100% by design. They give you the full package, support the game 9-12 months and then get the hype train rolling for the next game. They always have another game in the pipe line.

I honestly believe NRS has the means and the interest to support both of their titles a bit longer as I suggested here: Time for NRS to step up their post release support?. BUT, in this thread I found something interesting which leads me to my next point...

2) Most people don’t seem to mind the way NRS supports their games. When I pointed out that MKX should have benefited from a wave of content to coincide with MK’s 25th anniversary, that suggestion was mostly met with indifference. Most seemed happy with the way MKX rounded out and didn’t see the need for further support.

I was honestly fascinated and a bit perplexed by the level of indifference for a longer post release support plan, but, it’s all in that thread should you care to read. Hopefully we see a longer plan for post release support this time around, but history has shown that the odds are indeed against it.
pankajtare
About Me

YOU MUST SHOW NO MERCY NOR HAVE ANY BELIEF WHATSOEVER IN HOW OTHERS JUDGE YOU FOR YOUR GREATNESS WILL SILENCE THEM ALL... .........."WARRIOR WISDOM".

03/13/2018 03:30 PM (UTC)
I hope they keep DLC limited to MK characters only.smilesmilesmilesmile
KenshiMaster16
03/16/2018 07:46 PM (UTC)
Since they keep outdoing themselves with everything, and considering Injustice had 9 (10 if you count Darkseid) DLC characters, I'm guessing MK11 will give us 2 "seasons" with 5 characters each, plus 1 for a Pre-Order bonus so 11. Obviously 4 of the main 10 will be guests so each season would be 2 guests and 3 MK characters. More than likely one of the guests will be Pennywise because, hey, it's WB and a sequel will be out the next year.

And of course I'm going on the record of saying the Pre-Order bonus character will most obviously be Shao Kahn.

Again, just speculation but I doubt I'll be that far off.
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

03/17/2018 12:09 AM (UTC)
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:

And of course I'm going on the record of saying the Pre-Order bonus character will most obviously be Shao Kahn.

Was thinking the same thing. It’s really the only option as far as big time, recognizable characters.

While I do like your theory about dlc, I’m thinking they stay with the 3 packs through the first year. This way keeps a steady flow of content through the year without the huge lul that existed between kp1& 2. I believe they will up it to 4 characters per pack, making 13(including the pre order bonus).
NoobMKXI
03/17/2018 05:07 AM (UTC)
So who’s best bet for DLC?

Keeping up with the recent trends I would say;

Shao Kahn will be pre-order as he keeps with the trend of Goro and Darksied.

There will be 4-5 guest characters we are garuanteed to get who I don’t care about.

A scarlet/tremor style character, Chrome maybe or someone entirely new?

A triborg//TMNT character who I think will be chameleon to make up for some of the missing ninjas from this game, (rain, ermac, smoke possibly)

A couple of story characters who don’t make the final roster I am picking some classics to appear here like Sonya, Kung Lao maybe Mileena not sure yet but I am just basing these predictions of past DLC trends.
Masr
01/11/2019 01:24 AM (UTC)Edited 01/11/2019 01:38 AM (UTC)

Weapon DLC that automatically comes with their own combinations. It would be interesting to see Ermac's axe (from MKD) or Tanya's kobu jutsu (also from MKD) in a modern state. I hope fighters would wield similar to the past.

xysion
About Me

Lazio? La prima squadra della Capitale.

01/11/2019 02:31 AM (UTC)

Personally, I do not want a seasons approach to DLC since it brings franchise fatigue. I like what NRS are doing now where after a year the DLC is finished, the complete edition is released and then they move on. That lets fans build a craving and hype for the next game in the series.

TheOneAndOnlyDemonKing
About Me

There you go, finding a hidden advantage in an unfortunate circumstance; using pain to take you to the next level. Those are the things that turn players into kings.

01/11/2019 04:09 AM (UTC)Edited 01/11/2019 04:11 AM (UTC)

if they do seasons do it like this

dlc season 1 : havik , hotaru, ashrha , shujinko

dlc season 2 : new fatalities

dlc season 3: the horror guest of freddy ( robert englund) , michael meyers ( 2018) , pennywise ( 2018), jason ( 2009)

dlc season 4 : new stages

dlc season 5 : 18 bit skins for all charachters

dlc season 6 : additional story dlc for story mode ( the mass effect trilogy did it so why not?)

Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.