Friendships and Animalities
posted12/13/2018 08:11 AM (UTC)by
RyanSeabass
Not since UMK3 have we seen either one of these finishers. NRS did a great job with the character specific Babalities in MK9 and I think they can put those to shame with Friendships in MK11 if they decide to include them. A hilarious cinematic to finish a match would be so cool and offer something completely different than the normal Fatality\brutality finisher.

Animalities seem far more unlikely to be included, but I would love to see them in the game. Another opportunity for NRS to get very creative with the different animals\creatures depending which realm a character is from.
frabn
About Me

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?

06/03/2018 09:35 PM (UTC)
These are honestly the last things I would want to see make a return in MK. I'd rather see the effort directed to more creative fatalities or new methods of finishing an opponent off. I do agree the character specific babalities were pretty funny, however.
RyanSeabass
06/04/2018 06:08 AM (UTC)
frabn Wrote:
These are honestly the last things I would want to see make a return in MK. I'd rather see the effort directed to more creative fatalities or new methods of finishing an opponent off. I do agree the character specific babalities were pretty funny, however.

They're definitely not everyone's cup of tea when it comes to finishers. Hard to say what the head honchos over at NRS think about them now days and if they're even considering using them. Hara Kiri's too. With the big online presence the series has now, I could actually see Hara Kiri's being the most likely for a comeback.
tabmok99
About Me

For the most in-depth, in-detail, Mortal Kombat lore analysis vids, there's only one source:

https://www.youtube.com/tabmok99

06/06/2018 01:24 PM (UTC)
RyanSeabass,

Congratulations! Your post was selected by the mods as post of the week for the official Mortal Kombat livestream on Twitch!

Every week, the staff will hand pick a post from the discussion boards, read it on the stream, and then discuss it with each other. To see the conversation you started, you can easily view the YouTube recap.

Again, congratulations on an starting an interesting conversation and we hope to encourage more discussion like this, that just might make its way onto the stream!
MKDennis1980
06/09/2018 01:17 AM (UTC)
Friendships ok smile
Animalities no wayfurious
RyanSeabass
06/09/2018 01:27 PM (UTC)
Ed Boon is majorly hinting at the return of friendships on his Twitter account!
Pinndrop
About Me

All and all that`s all we all are.

08/12/2018 06:58 PM (UTC)
I would love to see animalities come back. However, I wouldn't have all characters transform. Just summon animals from the background or send your opponent into the background.

Certains characters like Reptile, D'Vorah and even Shang Tsung could transform themselves or their opponents into something.
Odemuitascastas
12/09/2018 01:25 AM (UTC)
I imagine the Friendships assuming the position of the Faction Kills, even with easy rules, associated with the Kingdom that is the loyalty of the player, 4 per kingdom. All characters have the same characters.

The finalizations of this game must again be variations of Fatalities and Brutalities. And I believe Hara Kiri will be in it as a variation of Brutality (all that system conditions).
I could see friendships. Not anamalities. I also see hara kiri's coming back.
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

12/09/2018 03:12 AM (UTC)
Friendships would be great. I never wanna see animalities again.
ntokheim
12/09/2018 07:15 AM (UTC)
I'd like to see hara kiris again with the modern graphics.
barakall
12/09/2018 11:55 AM (UTC)
I would like to see them nail the fatalities first. MKX really failed in terms of diversity and Brutalities were a joke with quantity over quality and changing a perfect ending move from MK3 and turned it into a gimmick in my opinion. I want the original brutality back before anything else, but let them focus on making unique fatalities that are not just over the top bloody and about stuffing as many moves in there as possible instead of a fatal blow. Sometimes less is more.
Kitsune
12/09/2018 12:24 PM (UTC)
barakall Wrote:
I want the original brutality back

Hell no!

What are you talking about? MKX brutalities less diverse than the original ones? You high bro?
QueenAhnka
About Me

Rebel. Outsider. Fan Of The Obscure. Politically Incorrect. Spitfire!

12/09/2018 02:37 PM (UTC)
No Animalities. They only make sense with characters such as Liu Kang or Nightwolf or even Shang Tsung(Him turning into a giant serpent and devouring his opponent could be cool), characters who can turn into Animals if possible.

But nobody wants to see Cassie Cage turning into a chicken and pecking her opponent to death. Yeah...no thanks.

Friendships could be cute and I wouldn't oppose it if they truly came up with some great ones. I truly enjoyed all the babalities in MK9 so I wouldn't mind another "Aww that's so cute" type of finisher.

Hara-Kiris I have a strong feeling will be implemented in some way, especially if they really are tackling some 3D era stuff in the story as it is appearing they are.
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

12/09/2018 03:41 PM (UTC)
ProfesserAhnka Wrote:

Hara-Kiris I have a strong feeling will be implemented in some way, especially if they really are tackling some 3D era stuff in the story as it is appearing they are.

Could replace quitalities.

barakall Wrote:
Brutalities were a joke with quantity over quality and changing a perfect ending move from MK3 and turned it into a gimmick in my opinion. I want the original brutality back before anything else,

Whaaaaa? Brutalities were such a breath of fresh air in MKX.
barakall
12/09/2018 04:04 PM (UTC)
To me the original Brutality is a great concept with a combo that continues to pick up speed just like a real fight would end. There's great potential in it. My problem with finishers in general is that they've become the focus while Deadly Alliance and Deception to me stood out for their diversity in the fighting styles, weapons, arena interaction and the like. MKX was too much about finishers, which to me includes the X-Ray which completely slows down ones momentum and does too much damage. I want the fast paced arcade experience again.
Warbro666
12/09/2018 05:42 PM (UTC)
I actually loved all the old animalities but I'm just not sure how well they would work in the modern day. I'd prefer they actually have stage fatalities on release and have more than just three.
Mewzard
About Me

RIDER KIIIIICK!

12/11/2018 04:49 AM (UTC)
I gotta say, I'd be down with Friendships, I feel like there's a lot of potential to have fun with these, they can be so varied. The improved tech could probably lead to some amazing ones.

Animalities could also be something, but I'm more into Friendships for the variety.
BADDBILL
12/13/2018 02:53 AM (UTC)
Anamalities Ya No

now if Friendships were done with a sick twisted sense of humor I could definitely get behind that
creed200569
12/13/2018 04:23 AM (UTC)
I think they had a great chance doing animalities in MKX by using the animals in the backgrounds but after seeing them do banalities in MK9, I’d love to see what they’d do with friendships
MindStrikes
12/13/2018 08:11 AM (UTC)
Friendship hell yes
animalities hell no
babalities hell yes
brutalities hell yes
stage fatalities hell yes

Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.