steffuz
06/13/2018 11:21 PM (UTC)
i believe in charles . he knows his stuff .
MkSwitchBlade
06/14/2018 12:15 AM (UTC)
That's the spirit
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

06/14/2018 01:42 AM (UTC)
Ed Boon just retweeted a message from Rocksteady apologizing for their lack of E3 presence and thanks for everyone’s support. I’d say that’s probably his way of doing the same.
MkSwitchBlade
06/14/2018 02:59 AM (UTC)
Not according to Charles.
TheSoulOfErmac
06/14/2018 02:59 AM (UTC)
I would be surprised at this point for MK to be revealed tomorrow. It is a big game that should have and would have been shown during a conference. I just hope it is slated for release next year.
frabn
About Me

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?

06/14/2018 04:11 AM (UTC)
MkSwitchBlade Wrote:
MkSwitchBlade
06/14/2018 04:51 AM (UTC)
Yes! Charles is in charge! He's charging his way through epic battles of mortal kombat 11, which will be unveiled today at 5 p.m. est! Charles ain't trippin' y'all!
ErmaSco
06/14/2018 06:02 AM (UTC)
Detox Wrote:
Ed Boon just retweeted a message from Rocksteady apologizing for their lack of E3 presence and thanks for everyone’s support. I’d say that’s probably his way of doing the same.

Honestly, I think it's him trolling and it's because of this and tell fact that he never denied any announcement this far makes some hope for tomorrow.

I am not holdibg my breath, but I know Ed, this would be a massive (yet true to his usual) trolling.
Reptile Lives!
06/14/2018 06:30 AM (UTC)
I've held hope, but it's getting thin. Looking more and more like it's been delayed. A bummer as i thought we were getting down to release in 10 months, but maybe a better product with delay and new engine. still a shred of hope for tomorrow and Boon is just trolling but rational says its delayed. we will see today.
MarkKantor
06/14/2018 06:58 AM (UTC)
Perhaps they are going for a shorter marketing campaign this time around. MK XI could be announced between now and October and still release in April 2019. Time will tell my friends...wow https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ulPC9X2nmg0 watch from 7:15. Ed confirms they have changed their standard "cycle" but that can literally mean anything ranging from what I said above to the game needing extra development time. I hope it is a case of a shorter marketing campaign!
MkSwitchBlade
06/14/2018 12:48 PM (UTC)
Guys, i have something to admit.. Charles wasn't real...until his mother gave birth to him 35 years ago.
J-spit
About Me
Twilight Muthafuckin' Sparkle

Sig by TheCypher
06/19/2018 09:34 PM (UTC)
If they're switching to UE4, I hope they've been fiddling with it behind the scenes for awhile, because I cannot forget the following...

It took 3 games in UE3, spanning two console generations, for them to get decent character models poppin' (IJ2). We ignored a bunch of jank for the gameplay and legacy itself thus far.

New engine will NOT fix animations. Again, we put up with the jank due to legacy, but the mechanics have gotten so good that the animation now sticks out like a sore thumb (to those who pay attention).

UE4 has yet to impress me in a fighting game. KOF XIV looks like poop (except for that Rock Howard key-framing), Tekken 7 looks good, but loads like shit and has weird graphical hiccups that I won't ignore and EX Fighting Layer...well, it's art direction saves it from the wrath, but it could look better. The development of that title lends it some leeway as well.

The only people to really do something with UE4 are Arc System Works and even then, it's due to a unique art style, which western games seem adverse to sometimes. Make MKXI look unique, I guess? It won't be a gory anime-fighter, but damn, that sounds like a dope idea now.
phishstix17
07/31/2018 06:41 AM (UTC)
MK XI will be the new Lemonade!
KenshiMaster16
08/04/2018 12:38 AM (UTC)
So........someone posted on 4chan last night about working in the dev department of NRS on mobile stuff, 'supposedly' leaked some info. Probably bullshit but I'll repost it anyway.

> MK 2019 is officially our next game (not actual title).
> Actual title for game not decided yet.
> Engine upgraded to Unreal 4.
> Was never planned to be shown at E3 2018.
> Reveal currently set for December 2018, announcement through social media and gameplay trailer at The Game Awards.
> In-house dev teams are being expanded due to commanding and growing nature of projects.
> Bose roster is 30. 1 pre order character and 10 post launch characters as well. 4 of those 10 are guests again.
> Longest Story Mode NRS has ever done. 2 chapters longer to be specific. Story will once again be ported to mobile.
> Largest MK game to date in terms of in-game content.
> Team took to heart complaints about MKX's roster but don't expect a ton of surprises. Company sees a lot of characters from 1 and 2 as 'must haves' whether they are story relevant or not and won't release a game without them.
> MK 2019 Mobile will play similar to IJ2M. Jump attacks, dashing, collecting character tokens to unlock challenge characters, ect.
> In terms of current mobile titles, MKXM will see Shang Tsung, Injustice 2 Sub-Zero and Leatherface in the near future. Noob Saibot is being discussed for next year. IJ2M will see Black Adam, Grid, Black Manta and Multiverse Firestorm coming in the next update or two.
Sonya since 92
About Me

Bladdy lovely Sig by Minion. PSN -rlg24 LIVE -WestcountryBlud

08/04/2018 04:32 PM (UTC)
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:
So........someone posted on 4chan last night about working in the dev department of NRS on mobile stuff, 'supposedly' leaked some info. Probably bullshit but I'll repost it anyway.

> MK 2019 is officially our next game (not actual title).
> Actual title for game not decided yet.
> Engine upgraded to Unreal 4.
> Was never planned to be shown at E3 2018.
> Reveal currently set for December 2018, announcement through social media and gameplay trailer at The Game Awards.
> In-house dev teams are being expanded due to commanding and growing nature of projects.
> Bose roster is 30. 1 pre order character and 10 post launch characters as well. 4 of those 10 are guests again.
> Longest Story Mode NRS has ever done. 2 chapters longer to be specific. Story will once again be ported to mobile.
> Largest MK game to date in terms of in-game content.
> Team took to heart complaints about MKX's roster but don't expect a ton of surprises. Company sees a lot of characters from 1 and 2 as 'must haves' whether they are story relevant or not and won't release a game without them.
> MK 2019 Mobile will play similar to IJ2M. Jump attacks, dashing, collecting character tokens to unlock challenge characters, ect.
> In terms of current mobile titles, MKXM will see Shang Tsung, Injustice 2 Sub-Zero and Leatherface in the near future. Noob Saibot is being discussed for next year. IJ2M will see Black Adam, Grid, Black Manta and Multiverse Firestorm coming in the next update or two.

Exciting if true! I’m getting a lil desperate for MK info right now XD
JohnBoyAdvance
08/10/2018 02:56 PM (UTC)
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:

I know I'm replying to a 4chan post here. BUT other than too many guests and Rain, Sindel, Baraka and Smoke being fightable in story mode but not playable, what was wrong with the roster?

But yeah, this is positive things so I dont think its real.
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

08/10/2018 08:13 PM (UTC)
SlickRick82 Wrote:

Exciting if true! I’m getting a lil desperate for MK info right now XD

Indeed. I like what I’m hearing, but I’ll save the hype for an actual announcement. Maybe I’ll finally have a reason to care about the VGA’s this year.
frabn
About Me

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?

08/12/2018 02:04 PM (UTC)
4chan "leaks" are the equivalent of elementary school cafeteria video game rumors akin to "ON GENESIS IF YOU PRESS UP 95 TIMES ON THE TITLE SCREEN AND THEN PRESS DOWN 10 TIMES IN UNDER 2 SECONDS DURING THE FATALITY TIME SONYA TAKES HER CLOTHES OFF!"

Although the less information in a leak means the more likely it is true, we've already been had multiple times this year. December 2018 seems like a feasible announcement time, but I expect we then wouldn't see the next MK til late 2019/early 2020 if that were the case, which at this point is to be expected anyway.
RyanSeabass
08/15/2018 04:56 AM (UTC)
These rumors have been around for months, not buying it. Some of them will probably turn out to be true, but the leak seems bogus.
Pages: 3
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.