Sonya since 92
About Me

Bladdy lovely Sig by Minion. PSN -rlg24 LIVE -WestcountryBlud

06/21/2018 09:05 PM (UTC)
frabn Wrote:
I was actually not expecting Ed to say that he was surprised to see how closely the fans follow and know the announcement/release schedule. Surely by now he must realize how intensely the diehard fan base follows the dev process.

Also the fact that in previous interviews he has said “if you follow our pattern you know what to expect”. Death threats aside he brought some of the hate on himself.
RyanSeabass
06/22/2018 05:14 AM (UTC)
Don't think he brought on any deserved hate, this game is just going to take longer. In the end that's a very good thing.
Human-Smoke-4-ever
About Me

Why couldn't this ending have happened?

06/24/2018 11:11 PM (UTC)
RyanSeabass Wrote:
Don't think he brought on any deserved hate, this game is just going to take longer. In the end that's a very good thing.

He did bring on the backlash. He kept drawing attention to the pattern when asked if an MK 11 announcement was coming. He kept saying "Look at this pattern that we've been following." He brought attention to it and made it seem like the announcement was imminent. He should have kept his mouth shut and not mentioned the pattern if he wasn't ready to announce it. He's old enough to know better at this stage of his life.
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

06/25/2018 02:03 AM (UTC)
People are gonna think what they want, but every time he’s mentioned a “pattern” it was always in reference to WHAT game they were working on next, NOT when they were going to announce the game. We as fans connected those dots ourselves and, this time, we were wrong.

I’ve often wondered why Boon doesn’t do damage control on stuff like this, but honestly, why would he? Sure he could say “we’re not announcing anything at e3”. Or he could just let us hype the game up to the moon and WB not have to pay a dime on marketing till the time is right. People are talking about his game. That’s what he cares about and no doubt, he and NRS use this as leverage to get the resources they need to make their next game great. The man, for better or worse, knows how to play the game.
Human-Smoke-4-ever
About Me

Why couldn't this ending have happened?

06/25/2018 11:42 AM (UTC)
Detox Wrote:
People are gonna think what they want, but every time he’s mentioned a “pattern” it was always in reference to WHAT game they were working on next, NOT when they were going to announce the game. We as fans connected those dots ourselves and, this time, we were wrong.

I’ve often wondered why Boon doesn’t do damage control on stuff like this, but honestly, why would he? Sure he could say “we’re not announcing anything at e3”. Or he could just let us hype the game up to the moon and WB not have to pay a dime on marketing till the time is right. People are talking about his game. That’s what he cares about and no doubt, he and NRS use this as leverage to get the resources they need to make their next game great. The man, for better or worse, knows how to play the game.
Detox Wrote:

Announcing the games at E3 or just before it were part of his "pattern" that he kept drawing attention to. So you can see why fans were expecting an announcement and why they're angry. Boon earns alot of the backlash he gets.
RyanSeabass
06/27/2018 11:56 PM (UTC)
Human-Smoke-4-ever Wrote:
Detox Wrote:

Detox Wrote:

Announcing the games at E3 or just before it were part of his "pattern" that he kept drawing attention to. So you can see why fans were expecting an announcement and why they're angry. Boon earns alot of the backlash he gets.

The only pattern Mr. Boon alluded to was what game NRS is working on, which is obviously MK11. The official announcement date of when they unveil the game was just assumed by fans to be around E3 again. No hate warranted, he didn't mislead anyone or say anything untrue. If people are going to hate on Ed for that, then there's a problem with the person(s) themselves and their sense of entitlement.
ErmaSco
06/28/2018 05:52 PM (UTC)
It's just he should have said that we wouldn't get anything at E3. You know some people went there for MK only. They ain't stupid, they just love your game, have some respect for them.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.