Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • July 19th, 2018
    Review: Injustice vs. Masters of the Universe #1 [Read On]
  • July 18th, 2018
    Lost Kontent: Tobias Shares MKvDC Comic Art & MK4 Reptile [Read On]
  • July 17th, 2018
    John Tobias to Feature on Comic-Con Digitized Graphics Panel [Read On]
  • July 15th, 2018
    Ed Boon Avatar Change Sparks MK/DC Fan Speculation [Read On]
  • July 13th, 2018
    James Wan & Ed Boon Rebuff False Movie Reports [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Round 3: FIGHT!
Sonya Blade (67.7%)
Nightwolf (32.2%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 1

]{0MBATPosted: 06/20/2018 10:12 PMStatus ::
Mortal Kombat X Mobile Adding World Cup Skins

In honor of the World Cup, the developers of Mortal Kombat X Mobile have developed special Kombat Cup themed skins for two characters: Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade! NetherRealm Studios released this trailer across various social media outlets:

It can be seen in the trailer that the soccer theme is not merely a visual, as evidenced by the NetherRealm-themed jerseys, but is incorporated in the fighters' special moves as well. Johnny uses the soccer ball as a weapon, and Sonya uses a referee whistle whilst using her abilities!

Some astute fans may have noticed that the character models have been slightly altered, possibly to resemble real-life soccer players. For a closer look, MK Online user judgmentfist has provided us with the following pictures that she created after extracting the textures (including a side-by-side comparison with the default MKX costumes used):

Got thoughts on the latest soccer-themed skins for MKX Mobile? You can continue the discussion by registering an account and heading over to the forums!

KenshiMaster16Posted: 06/20/2018 06:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::10253
Nationality::United States
Two new skins for MKX Mobile out 6/21

Kombat Cup Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade. Nothing new except for soccer styled tee's with the NRS logo on them for the World Cup events.

[See Main Article Above
JINNOCIDEPosted: 06/20/2018 10:11 PMStatus ::

Visits::1177
Nationality::Brazil
RE: Two new skins for MKX Mobile out 6/21

The models are so different, you can barely tell that's Sonya...

do you guys think it might be a little teaser of how the design of characters will be in the next game?

KenshiMaster16Posted: 06/20/2018 10:42 PMStatus ::

RE: Two new skins for MKX Mobile out 6/21

God I hope not. Sonya looks younger than Cassie at that rate. lmao

frabnPosted: 06/21/2018 09:10 AMStatus ::

Visits::635
RE: Mortal Kombat X Mobile Adding World Cup Skins

I'm going to step outside the zone for a minute here and join the other side of the fandom that won't stop complaining about the lack of MK11 announcement. So without further ado...

Seriously? Who the F cares about the mobile MKX game at this point? Let's see MK11 please.

Okay, done.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
trynaxPosted: 06/22/2018 09:29 AMStatus ::

Visits::320

I agree. Why not try to at least port all of this cool stuff to MKX on the consoles at least to keep that game fresh a little. Heck we could have had Freddy Krueger if that was possible by now. Come on enough with the MKX Mobile. I played it only to unlock what I needed in MKX console and then I was done with it because it gets boring pretty quick.

717313=Rain Can Be Found In The Graveyard
KenshiMaster16Posted: 06/22/2018 02:46 PMStatus ::

trynax Wrote:
I agree. Why not try to at least port all of this cool stuff to MKX on the consoles at least to keep that game fresh a little. Heck we could have had Freddy Krueger if that was possible by now. Come on enough with the MKX Mobile. I played it only to unlock what I needed in MKX console and then I was done with it because it gets boring pretty quick.

Lol There is still tons of content left with Mobile apparently. Leatherface and Shang Tsung have still yet to come out, if you've played (or read) through the Quest Mode they put out, I'm pretty sure it's hinting at a possible plot point for a future game. Either that or they just know exactly what the fan base is expecting from a future plot.

JacquIreBriggsPosted: 06/22/2018 11:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::108

Implementing two World Cup champions and slapping "Johnny Cage" and "Sonya Blade" is just ridiculous. At least Carl Weathers Jax isn't weird as these two.

I'm still waiting for Ferra/Torr to be ported into MKX Mobile.

Mortal Kombat and Total Drama Nut. Major crush on Jacqui Briggs. Creator of an fanseries:Mortal Kombat Armageddon All-Stars. Found on Youtube by typing the exact name.
Page of 1

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.