Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 3 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • August 6th, 2018
    MKO's Interviews with the Film Cast: Coming Thursday [Read On]
  • July 29th, 2018
    MK Online Stream to Host Movie Star Q&A Friday [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    Kombat Kon Date Announced: October 27, 2018 [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    SDCC: Paris Jackson Cosplays Sonya at Comic-Con [Read On]
  • July 19th, 2018
    Review: Injustice vs. Masters of the Universe #1 [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (51.0%)
Out of kredits. (48.9%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Media & Merchandise

Discussing Mortal Kombat in Movies, Television, New Media and Merchandising.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 07/29/2018 11:38 AMStatus ::
MK Online Stream to Host Movie Star Q&A Friday

The tradition of Fight Night returns to Mortal Kombat Online next week when the MK Online Stream Team welcomes a special guest line-up to Twitch! The stars of the now-klassic Mortal Kombat movie will take part in a live Q&A you'll be able to stream right here on Friday, August 3rd! Read on for details of prize giveaways & how you can get involved:

Watch the Friday stream live right here on Mortal Kombat Online!

Robin Shou (Liu Kang), Linden Ashby (Johnny Cage), Keith Cooke (Reptile), and guest of honor Chris Casamassa (Scorpion) will be broadcasting live with FatalKade & ]{0MBAT, and special guest host moviedude18 at a scheduled start of 10:00PM EST!

The fondly remembered cast of the original MK feature film are in Anaheim for Casamassa's Business Kombat live event. The Bully Proof Fitness author is revealing the secrets of Red Dragon Karate to a select group of attending school owners. MK Online Users won't miss out, with the celebrity guests beaming right to you in the player embedded above!

Registered users have until Friday morning to submit questions to the actors via the forum! MK Online will select questions to be answered during the show -- with every entry going into a draw to win a signed photograph!

Additional prizes will be given away during the live stream! All you have to do to get involved is be watching right here on MK Online and log on to Twitch Chat or Discord on Friday, August 3rd! Catch up on past fan streams by watching archives on Twitch and YouTube. Find and discuss more in the Media & Merchandise forum!

frabnPosted: 07/29/2018 07:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::655
Nationality::United States
RE: MK Online Stream to Host Movie Star Q&A Friday

Why exactly is the actor whose character had the least impactful role in the whole movie the "guest of honor"? And no, I'm not trolling. That is a serious question.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
gorostilllivesPosted: 07/29/2018 07:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::4988

Questions for Q&A:

Were the majority of the sets (the dining room, Goro's throne room, etc)
connected in any way? Where was the set built for the Reptile/Liu fight, it kind of looked like a wrecked version of the dining hall? What part of the beach was the scene on the rock with Johnny Cage/Sonya filmed? Where specifically were the Kano/Sonya &
Liu/Monk fight scenes filmed and how did they manage to build a small
temple there in Thailand?

gorostilllivesPosted: 07/29/2018 07:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::4988

Because he played Scorpion throughout most of the Threshold universe and is a huge fan favorite because, unlike the other 2 actors, will actually talk to fans in great detail.

Lone_Wolf_Productions_NYPosted: 07/29/2018 10:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::0

This question is for Linden Ashby: Mr Ashby, some MK fans and Johnny Cage cosplayers are wondering, do you remember what brand of sunglasses you wore in the movie?

WeaponTheoryPosted: 07/30/2018 03:48 AMStatus ::

Visits::540

This question is for everybody.

Hopefully you guys are familiar about the finishers or fatalities the Mortal Kombat video games have.
You are now in a Mortal Kombat tournament and you just beat down your opponent.
Shang Tsung yells to you "FINISH HIM!"
What is your finisher?

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot
MKJasperPosted: 07/30/2018 05:35 PMStatus ::

This question is for Robin Shou.

I recently found an old footage from the 1997 E3 games convention.
There was a Mortal Kombat Mythologies booth, and to my great surprise your where there sitting in Quan Chi’s throne signing autographs and taking pictures with fans. (so awesome!!)
Can you tell me anything about that time? Was it around the release of Mortal Kombat Annihilation?

Thank you,

MK Jasper

scorpioPosted: 07/31/2018 02:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::6145

thanks mko for doing this.

my question is for chris casamassa

i wanna start off by saying you was my biggest inspiration for doing martial arts. my second inspiration was jason david frank (power rangers) who just so happened to be trained by you, which is awesome, and explains why he is a badass as well.

why wasnt mk conquest brought back for a season 2?
the show was amazing and had the best fight scenes i have ever seen on a tv show, and that still stands today. each fight was thought out and looked legit.

seems these days a canceled show can get picked up by netflix and other outlets. have you thought about pitching a revival of the show? and would you do it?

thanks for being awesome.
shinnox (scorpio on mko lol)

Total-MKPosted: 08/01/2018 07:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::2453
Nationality::Australia

Hi There,

1. I interviewed Christopher Lambert last year and had asked him about a MK3 Movie, he has said he read a new Script was wondering if any of you had also seen this Script?

Christoper Lambert Interview

Thanks!
Regards,
Luke

[ Webmaster: Total Mortal Kombat | E-Mail Me ]

-- choose your destiny --
MKpro81Posted: 08/01/2018 09:55 PMStatus ::

Visits::8

From MKsargoun81:

First question for Linden Ashby:

What were the biggest challenges that you faced during the shooting of Goro's fighting scene and Scorpion's fighting scene?

Second Question for all of you guys:

I'm pretty sure that all of you guys knew the MK movie that you were working on was based on a fighting video game, so did you guys do some research in the story of Mortal Kombat "The Video Game" and its characters that you guys played as you were working on the movie to get a better view? And, did you guys asked or get advices from MK's Co. Creators John Tobias and/or Ed Boon about the story of MK "the video game" as we know it or you guys just stuck with the movie script without knowing anything about the original video game story?

Best Regards,
MKsargoun81

ThrashHeavyPosted: 08/02/2018 04:48 PMStatus ::

General question for each actor.

Being a part of the Mortal Kombat legacy, and all targeted audience and ratings aside for the movie, were you all bummed that you couldn’t perform any sort of character specific fatalities on screen? Because I know if I was playing Johnny Cage in a Mortal Kombat movie, one of the first things I’d think of is “am I going to get to knock some dudes head off??” Haha.

Thanks for being a part of my Mortal Kombat memories!

malcham17Posted: 08/02/2018 09:12 PMStatus ::

Hello, Question for Chris Casamassa. You worked with the original Liu Kang (Ho Sung Pak) on the show WMAC Masters,at the time did he know you were in the Mortal Kombat movie and did he tell you he was part of the first two games?

And second question is for Robin, Linden, Chris and Keith. There is a Kombat Kon in chicago I believe every year with the original cast from the Arcade games of MK 1 - 3, will there be a chance of you guys going to that event someday?

Dannyadi55Posted: 08/02/2018 11:01 PMStatus ::

How many takes did robin shou have to do with cary tagawa for the final fight scene

Dannyadi55Posted: 08/02/2018 11:06 PMStatus ::

If an mk movie was being rebooted will robin shou reprise his role as liu kang if offered

Dannyadi55Posted: 08/02/2018 11:12 PMStatus ::

How did all you guys get into character?

MKJasperPosted: 08/03/2018 07:29 AMStatus ::

A question for Linden,

How was it to fight against Goro, because I’ve read somewhere about Goro being the source of so many (malfunction) problems on set, that crew members started to make jokes about his diva like behavior.
Like ‘Goro won’t come out of his trailer’.
Do you remember how long it took to finish the fight scene,... and did he really destroyed $500 sunglasses 😁.

Thank you!

MK Jasper

antievilninjaPosted: 08/03/2018 12:10 PMStatus ::

Visits::14

This Q is to all - Daniel Pesina (Johnny Cage) in the original Mortal Kombat game has gone on record to say that in the years prior to filming the movie him and the other game cast had been promised roles in the film, and then Midway gradually relegated this to a promise as a supporting character, and then finally a promise to just get a try out. Sadly they never did appear in the movies in any capacity. My question is, don't you guys feel that the original cast should have gotten a part in the original film even if it was just a small non speaking role like one of Shang Tsungs background guards?

Page of 1

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.