Reptile1112
About Me

You will die mortal. TOASTY Speed Metal will never die.

12/07/2018 05:59 AM (UTC)
Love the fun, ultra-violence with an overall serious tone. Hoping to see the timelines crossed so we get a mix of everything classic and new. I love how this took place on the Courtyard, too.
GrotesquetheBeast
About Me
I need a new sig, something with Kabal from UMK3 would be sweet. Just imagine that here
12/07/2018 06:05 AM (UTC)
Guessing the story will have a time travel element again? Klassic Scorpion coming in and killing dark Raiden, and that object the woman is standing next to looks an awful lot like a big hour glass.

Thoughts?
cyberdog
About Me

http://i39.tinypic.com/24l4jk6.jpg

12/07/2018 06:15 AM (UTC)
Something to do with time sands of time in the hour glass.
SmashK
12/07/2018 06:34 AM (UTC)
I'm so happy they announced the game so close to release. No more 3-month long information droughts like last time. That was torture!

Can't wait for the constant flow of new information over the next few months! Gonna be on hype overload.
SmashK
12/07/2018 06:43 AM (UTC)
Interesting...the sand in that hourglass was flowing upwards, implying that the flow of time is being turned back.
Deathmask71
About Me

Thanks for the sig MINION!

12/07/2018 06:49 AM (UTC)
Dunno if this has been pointed out, but is that Shang Tsungs courtyard in ruin? Look at all those monks in the beginning!!! Man I don't think ill be able to sleep tonight lol.
creed200569
12/07/2018 06:52 AM (UTC)
That stage is Shang tsung’s courtyard from MK1. Go back and look and you’ll see
MacyG88
12/07/2018 06:52 AM (UTC)
cyberdog Wrote:
Something to do with time sands of time in the hour glass.

"These are the Days of our Lives."

MK11 soapie plot confirmed.
Sonya since 92
About Me

Bladdy lovely Sig by Minion. PSN -rlg24 LIVE -WestcountryBlud

12/07/2018 07:02 AM (UTC)
IT HAS BEGUN!!!!
Leo
About Me

12/07/2018 07:07 AM (UTC)
Goddammit, they got me with the Shao Khan. I submit.
Murcielago
About Me

Get that ass BANNED

12/07/2018 07:20 AM (UTC)
I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED FROM A LONG SLUMBER.

But for real, trailer was hype.
colt1107
About Me

Anarcho-pirate

12/07/2018 07:38 AM (UTC)
Hype. Song was awful though. I hope they bring back the comic books for this one as well. Or at the very least have Kittelson a shot at creating the story boards for the game.
MindStrikes
12/07/2018 08:42 AM (UTC)
Hype trailer but that wannabe cool music... So klassic Scorpion has a torpedo attack similar to Raiden's?
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

12/07/2018 09:04 AM (UTC)
Very good.
TheOneAndOnlyDemonKing
About Me

There you go, finding a hidden advantage in an unfortunate circumstance; using pain to take you to the next level. Those are the things that turn players into kings.

12/07/2018 09:15 AM (UTC)
awesome trailer hated the song . other than that i would love to see a archer type charachter . i will call it now just like mkx we will get 4 guest charachters one being michael meyers
s3Kt0r
About Me
------------> DO
12/07/2018 10:11 AM (UTC)
Was not expecting this but of course I am pleasantly suprised. Also suprising to see it is coming to the switch which means... ahem tongue.
GoDisNotHereTODAY Wrote:
Annnnnnd we’re fucking back boys!!! Looks incredible.

Now....can we get a site overhaul here at MKO? Let’s ring in this new game with style!
Agreed. With this Netherealms news banger there honestly isn't a better time for a site overhaul/super update.
trynax
About Me

717313=Rain Can Be Found In The Graveyard

12/07/2018 11:49 AM (UTC)
Going out on a limb here but I will say the character at the end is Khameleon.

You have a female with see-through transparent skin much like she was in other games. Little shocked they brought back Shao Kahn seeing as how he was "destroyed" by the Elder Gods but then again, no one really dies in Mortal Kombat do they. LOL
frabn
About Me

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?

12/07/2018 12:56 PM (UTC)
I was talking about this with Shang last night. The teaser trailer doesn't reflect story elements (i.e. Scorpion did not kill Sub-Zero in MKX), but a lot can be gleaned from it.

My guess is that the "leaked" idea of timeline convergence is what's happening here. Dark Raiden kills Hanzo, and is then immediately set upon by Scorpion. Possibly allusion to there being more than one. This is further supported by the hourglass-like object at the end of the trailer.

Weapon kombat possibly making a return, or background item interaction being taken to higher levels?

One of Scorpion's fatalities revealed, definitely.

Return to Shang's Island must mean return of Shang. YES!

Sonya since 92
About Me

Bladdy lovely Sig by Minion. PSN -rlg24 LIVE -WestcountryBlud

12/07/2018 01:25 PM (UTC)
If the timeline really is fucked in this game the character possibilities are endless. Preordered all versions this morning. Let’s gooooo guys!!
predac0n
12/07/2018 01:27 PM (UTC)
I love when KOMBAT SEASON is upon us it hypes me up beyond belief and I get the added bonus of coming here to see some familiar names I recognize!

Trailer was godlike, the time travel shenanigans & character customization the trailer teased looks PHENOMENAL!

gringringrin
Jonin01
About Me

=Jonin01=

My DeviantArt Site - Check out my Artwork here

12/07/2018 01:57 PM (UTC)
Loves the trailer, mega hyyyyype! Was nice chatting with the guys in the twitch channel tonight while it aired to share the hype factor.

That woman? My bet is that it is..... Ashrah. Wasn't she part of Order realm? Or am I mistaken? Would make sense she would interfere if that were the case...
creed200569
12/07/2018 02:23 PM (UTC)
Or maybe it’s a hint that a kharacter that died in previous games is returning. You never know with Boons twisted mind lol
barakall
12/07/2018 03:18 PM (UTC)
It’s a solid trailer, MKX was impressive, but this is even more graphic and detailed. I liked the return of Scorpion and hour glass scene mystery the most. What made the MKX trailer great was the setting and mystery, this one seems to be more about showing off the features already, which is kind of strange for a first trailer but okay.

I cannot help but join those who seriously question the choice for a rap song, again, a lame one at that! I seriously wonder how in touch NRS still is with their own fan base, and even more seriously their own lore and core premises. If their idea is to retell previous games with a slight twist then I wonder how long they can stretch this. Boon even admitted after mkx that he didn’t know what else they could do next.

To me the increased gore, bone breaking sounds, weapons and increasing blood spill with every blow leads me to the conclusion that NRS is thinking the more (extreme), the better. To me it would help if they finally returned to the mystical, Asian fighting and fantasy inspired basics instead of this horror movie style.

I still hope for less of a disappointment, but this trailer reeks of a rehashing of Onaga’s return with a time travel infusion to justify returns of characters that should stay dead. My only hope is a possible chaos and order element. Shao Kahn is probably like Goro DLC not in the story.

I am impressed with the details of the background, Scorpion on fire and lightning bolts on Raiden. Still, a great cinematic trailer did very little for the final MKX game so I’m not getting my hopes up for a return to the core and an attempt at a 2,5D / 3D style.
DeathScepter
About Me

Save a life; Kill a necromorph

12/07/2018 04:07 PM (UTC)
Jonin01 Wrote:
Loves the trailer, mega hyyyyype! Was nice chatting with the guys in the twitch channel tonight while it aired to share the hype factor.

That woman? My bet is that it is..... Ashrah. Wasn't she part of Order realm? Or am I mistaken? Would make sense she would interfere if that were the case...

Ashrah is a reformed Demon that is from the Netherrealm. And she is known for killing demons from Netherrealm with a Kriss.
kryptondog
12/07/2018 04:25 PM (UTC)
Yeah, I'm pumped. I didn't think it was still possible for me to get this stoked about a video game, but Mortal Kombat will always do it for me. And they sold the surprise reveal so well! BRING IT ON!!
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.