!!!SPOILER!!! Seems legit
posted12/14/2018 05:04 PM (UTC)by
BADASS6669
About Me

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in.

I kill people for a living. Get over it.

Not a bad roster

BADASS6669
About Me

12/08/2018 06:08 AM (UTC)

Discuss below
BADASS6669
About Me

12/08/2018 06:10 AM (UTC)
I really hope that Taven & Deagon are in the game I want my son Taven to get to play as himself
QueenAhnka
About Me

Rebel. Outsider. Fan Of The Obscure. Politically Incorrect. Spitfire!

12/08/2018 11:23 AM (UTC)
BADASS6669 Wrote:
Not a bad roster

I would LOVE that roster if it's real.

It's exactly what I've been wanting. A delightful mixture of classic faves, new characters, returning MKX newbies, AND obscure faces we haven't seen in a while like Li Mei, Frost, Sareena.

God that would be amazing if it was real.
NoobMKXI
12/08/2018 12:35 PM (UTC)
Agreed that roster looks awesome fingers crossed it’s the real one or at least close to it.
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

12/08/2018 01:17 PM (UTC)
If this is indeed a leak, how do they not have the name of the new characters?

Calling b.s. for now.

Solid roster, though. Needs more Havik.
Masr
12/08/2018 01:23 PM (UTC)
Maybe something deeper is going down and Scorpion and Raiden are the last ones left (timeline issues).
QueenAhnka
About Me

12/08/2018 02:48 PM (UTC)
I can't bring myself to dismiss this roster because it makes too much damn sense not to be true. I have gone over it and it is just such a well-balanced roster and the choices seem very careful. I don't see any random curveballs like Meat or Chameleon and not only that- it actually corrects the issues with MKX rather well.

I mean we have our must have characters- Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Liu Kang, Raiden, Kitana, Kung-Lao

Then we have the fan favorites- Rain, Smoke, Noob Saibot, Shang Tsung, Jade.

Then we have the returning MKX newbies minus the useless Ferra/Tor- Kotal Kahn, D'Vorah, Erron Black and the Kombat kids.

And then to top it off we have the 3D era characters the developers actually like- Kenshi, Fujin, Sareena, Li Mei, Frost, and Bo'.

Four new characters is just the right amount. Not too many.

I mean this roster is truly perfect. Maybe throw in Havik/ Ashrah/Nitara as DLC down the line and this would be my favorite roster of any MK game.

I just can't see the roster NOT being this.
Ravenbez
About Me

'Your soul is MINE!'

everything crossed for Reiko

12/08/2018 04:07 PM (UTC)
Great list but I’d really hope Reiko is in! Such a shame he wasn’t in X. His story in the comic was good though
Detox
About Me

12/08/2018 04:14 PM (UTC)
ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
I can't bring myself to dismiss this roster because it makes too much damn sense not to be true. I have gone over it and it is just such a well-balanced roster and the choices seem very careful. I don't see any random curveballs like Meat or Chameleon and not only that- it actually corrects the issues with MKX rather well.

I mean we have our must have characters- Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Liu Kang, Raiden, Kitana, Kung-Lao

Then we have the fan favorites- Rain, Smoke, Noob Saibot, Shang Tsung, Jade.

Then we have the returning MKX newbies minus the useless Ferra/Tor- Kotal Kahn, D'Vorah, Erron Black and the Kombat kids.

And then to top it off we have the 3D era characters the developers actually like- Kenshi, Fujin, Sareena, Li Mei, and Bo'.

Four new characters is just the right amount. Not too many.

I mean this roster is truly perfect. Maybe throw in Havik/ Ashrah/Nitara as DLC down the line and this would be my favorite roster of any MK game.

I just can't see the roster NOT being this.

Aside from the Ferra/Torr shade, i agree. This timeline convergence storyline could result in the best roster ever.
phishstix17
12/08/2018 04:23 PM (UTC)
I hope Tanya can make the “fan favorite” cut too, though. They did such a great job with her in MKX. Why abandon it?

She and Johnny Cage are my favorite characters. Sigh.... Thrilled to see Li Mei and Rain, though!
barakall
12/08/2018 06:34 PM (UTC)
While it seems like a solid roster mix of old and new remember this:
- 30 is a lot for a base roster
- new characters are pretty safe bets
- Kano’s son is being kept tight when his inclusion wouldn’t surprise fans one bit
- similar claims have been made and leaked a similar roster with some minor twists
- all the original ninjas in except Ermac in? Come on...and all of the parents / mk1 characters out, which lots of online fans wanted?
- most of the online fan favourites in from 3D era games
- Ferra Torr the only mkx newcomer out when Boon claimed it was one of his favourite characters. Seems odd. Combine this with the fact that he was one of the few unique characters with a beast like appearance I just don’t buy this.
- Onaga uses Reptile for his first form yet both are in?
- out of all the evil / demonic / beast / freak characters pre-mkx only Onaga makes it? No Baraka, Havik, Drahmin, Moloch, Sheeva or even a new from the Dragon King Army?
- Bo Rai Cho in while being a DLC before?
Demon_0
About Me

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13

12/08/2018 07:52 PM (UTC)
I'm liking most of that roster but to see Jacqui, Cassie, and Kung Jin all three make it in before Ferra Torr is a goddamn travesty.
xysion
About Me

Lazio? La prima squadra della Capitale.

12/08/2018 07:54 PM (UTC)
That leak did get the Shao Kahn pre order correct. Pretty sure that they woman from Jade's ending is also correct. The roster looks pretty good to be honest. I remember all of Injustice 2 roster being leaked months before the game came out. Still taking it with a pinch of salt though. I am pretty sure we will find out soon enough since they have about 19 weeks to release. That means they have to release at least one character a week on average. It would be pretty awkward if they just reveal Scorpion and Raiden until the January 17 community event.
barakall Wrote:
- Kano’s son is being kept tight when his inclusion wouldn’t surprise fans one bit
- similar claims have been made and leaked a similar roster with some minor twists
- all the original ninjas in except Ermac in? Come on...and all of the parents / mk1 characters out, which lots of online fans wanted?
- Ferra Torr the only mkx newcomer out when Boon claimed it was one of his favourite characters. Seems odd. Combine this with the fact that he was one of the few unique characters with a beast like appearance I just don’t buy this.
- out of all the evil / demonic / beast / freak characters pre-mkx only Onaga makes it? No Baraka, Havik, Drahmin, Moloch, Sheeva or even a new from the Dragon King Army?

Um let's break it down. First off mkx had 25(with goro) and then injustice 2 starting out had 28. It can be seen with each game they are increasing the original character count. The parents are out because except for kenshi, jax, Sonya, and johnny cage all play very SIMILAR to their descendants. And they were old in the last game. I'm sure they will show up in story but it was their swan song. Ferra Torr was the most unpopular newcomer. They were probably maybe the lowest played character in mkx. All the rest were popular and except for erron, all had MAJOR significance in the story. Baraka is dead. Just like quan Chi, shinnok, and mileena. They are not coming back this game the only reason the others did because QUAN CHI made them revenants. Also with the game only being basically 4 months away as we are already in December it's safe to assume the bulk of the game is done and they are mostly polishing it up at this point. We arent an almost year away from release like we were with their previous titles.
ErmaSco
12/08/2018 08:36 PM (UTC)
Fake...
A very uninteresting roster. No MK3 characters while yeah kids of MKX are here ?

Baraka will be in the game.
QueenAhnka
About Me

12/08/2018 08:47 PM (UTC)
barakall Wrote:
Bo Rai Cho in while being a DLC before?

What's so insane about that? Kenshi was DLC in MK9 and returned in the default roster of MKX. As a matter of fact, Bo'Rai Cho's presence in MKX was more beneficial than Kenshi's in MK9. Not only was Bo' in story mode prior to being DLC BUT his ending, if followed on, could be VERY important as he's training Outworld warriors and it hints at him possibly going up against Dark Raiden. That's pretty big stuff.

Fckmkonlineforums9889 Wrote:
barakall Wrote:

Um let's break it down. First off mkx had 25(with goro) and then injustice 2 starting out had 28. It can be seen with each game they are increasing the original character count. The parents are out because except for kenshi, jax, Sonya, and johnny cage all play very SIMILAR to their descendants. And they were old in the last game. I'm sure they will show up in story but it was their swan song. Ferra Torr was the most unpopular newcomer. They were probably maybe the lowest played character in mkx. All the rest were popular and except for erron, all had MAJOR significance in the story. Baraka is dead. Just like quan Chi, shinnok, and mileena. They are not coming back this game the only reason the others did because QUAN CHI made them revenants. Also with the game only being basically 4 months away as we are already in December it's safe to assume the bulk of the game is done and they are mostly polishing it up at this point. We arent an almost year away from release like we were with their previous titles.

Bingo. Great points.
ErmaSco Wrote:
Fake...
A very uninteresting roster. No MK3 characters while yeah kids of MKX are here ?

As I said before, rather this roster is legit or not(I really believe it is) it's a pretty damn good one and there's a logical reason for almost every character listed to be in- Especially the Kombat Kids. Baraka? Not so much.
trynax
About Me

717313=Rain Can Be Found In The Graveyard

12/08/2018 09:46 PM (UTC)
Wasn't this proven to be false somewhere? I remember reading or seeing it on another site or YouTube video that the reddit roster definitely was not 100% legit.
Detox
About Me

12/08/2018 10:00 PM (UTC)
Demon_0 Wrote:
I'm liking most of that roster but to see Jacqui, Cassie, and Kung Jin all three make it in before Ferra Torr is a goddamn travesty.

QueenAhnka
About Me

12/08/2018 10:07 PM (UTC)
trynax Wrote:
Wasn't this proven to be false somewhere? I remember reading or seeing it on another site or YouTube video that the reddit roster definitely was not 100% legit.

I really don't see how it can be proven false when we literally know NOTHING about the game. If It had to be my guess - we just have to wait until January 17th. Perhaps.
Human-Smoke-4-ever
About Me

Why couldn't this ending have happened?

12/08/2018 10:26 PM (UTC)
Detox Wrote:

Calling b.s. for now.

Maybe their names haven't been finalized yet. Cyrax and Sektor were known as "Mustard" and "Ketchup" nearly up until MK3 released.
Detox
About Me

12/08/2018 10:33 PM (UTC)
Human-Smoke-4-ever Wrote:
Detox Wrote:

Calling b.s. for now.

Maybe their names haven't been finalized yet. Cyrax and Sektor were known as "Mustard" and "Ketchup" nearly up until MK3 released.

True enough.
Malaraz
12/08/2018 10:35 PM (UTC)
https://i.redd.it/l5u6hl4ubn121.jpg

The link above shows the first part of the leak from Mortal Kombat 11. I thought it could be interesting. It says that there are 3 different fighting style variation like MKX but this time every variation playing more unique. Every variation has his own Moveset, special moves, x-ray and so on. This would be really great, if you ask me.
ErmaSco Wrote:
Fake...

As DLC. Not on the original roster.
barakall
12/08/2018 11:00 PM (UTC)
It's a very safe roster, I'll give you that. Still, I don't see how the claim the dead are not coming back like Shinnok, Quan Chi, Baraka, Nightwolf etc. yet we see the return of Shang Tsung, Smoke, Rain and with the alternate time-line and or messing with time ANYTHING is possible. It's also a game and NRS is not known for consistency in their MK plots and they can also do whatever they feel like and just find a way to explain it or not.

Havik being out would be a huge disappointment, because he has so much potential. Also because this time-line mess screams chaos!
Pages: 3
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.