In game music
posted12/24/2018 06:17 PM (UTC)by
Scorpion2448
About Me
So 21 Savage is collaborating on a soundtrack for this game... thoughts? I’m really hoping the in game music remains dark.
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

12/12/2018 03:09 AM (UTC)
Scorpion2448 Wrote:
So 21 Savage is collaborating on a soundtrack for this game... thoughts? I’m really hoping the in game music remains dark.

I’m sure it’ll be a “music inspired by” type deal sold separately from the game. Sadly I expect pretty much the same orchestral “could fit in any game” kinda music we’ve heard since Injustice for the actual in game soundtrack. Fingers crossed I’m wrong, though.
BADDBILL
12/12/2018 11:44 AM (UTC)
No disrespect to those that like that kind of music. But I found it extremely odd to watch this blood pumping fight sequence to that mellow music. I am PRAYING they do not use this music in game. I will take a generic orchestral soundtracks over someone speaking accompanied by a drum machine any day of the week.
cyberdog
About Me

http://i39.tinypic.com/24l4jk6.jpg

12/12/2018 09:51 PM (UTC)
They should go back to the old school 90s banging techno and the dark synth stuff.
ErmaSco
12/12/2018 10:51 PM (UTC)
They need to make Dan Forden compose himself and not only direct.
whatuknowaboutMK?
About Me

Winter is Coming A Lanister always pays his debts You know nothing Jon Snow! We do not sow! Valar Morghulis

12/13/2018 04:34 AM (UTC)
This dude unroolie on YouTube did a video about this a while back explaining why the in-game music is so important and suggesting that they update a lot of the sounds from MK, MK2 and so on, it was a great video. He appears in other videos with Maximilian Dood and they seem to be pretty tight, I’m not sure if that’s even relevant here but I’m just saying that I hope that NRS came across that video some how or even just decided to go back to their roots and come up with some new original MK music because this generic sounding stuff they’ve been doing lately is not cutting it. It takes away from that MK feeling if you know what I mean.

BADDBILL
12/14/2018 12:46 PM (UTC)
I agree music can really up the experience. I think Tekken series is a great example of that. Especially when u hit start in Tekken 6 the music on the character select screen just pumps u right up for a fight !
FistfulOfDatas
12/24/2018 06:17 PM (UTC)
I thought the music in MK9 and MKX was pretty weak honestly. None of the post MK-3 games have had music as good as those games but the music in the 3D era games was way better than the WB era games.
Masr
01/09/2019 11:57 PM (UTC)

Music DLC could work (from classic and recent arenas and that).

01/10/2019 04:25 AM (UTC)

I haven't cared for Mortal Kombat's in-game music since Amrageddon. The only composer I've ever trusted for MK other than Dan Forden is Rich Carle, and neither has been writing. The soundtracks have lost the essence of the series.

Masr
01/10/2019 02:55 PM (UTC)

Could even use new unheard tracks for music DLC (as random suprises).

RuinSpawn
01/11/2019 02:31 AM (UTC)
BADDBILL
No disrespect to those that like that kind of music. But I found it extremely odd to watch this blood pumping fight sequence to that mellow music. I am PRAYING they do not use this music in game. I will take a generic orchestral soundtracks over someone speaking accompanied by a drum machine any day of the week.

Completely agree.

ballerj91
01/11/2019 05:04 PM (UTC)

The last Mortal Kombat to feature memorable, awesome music, for me, was MK4. The Prison stage, the Elder Gods Arena stage, Goro's Lair...

I do remember liking the music all the way through Armageddon.

That said, I honestly found MK9 and MKX's music largely forgettable. I second a previous poster here, bring back that 90s dark synth sound.

Koenji
01/14/2019 08:35 PM (UTC)

I wish the music returned to its the mystical / asian / mysterious vibe from early games, while at the same time becoming bit more intense. Anything would be an upgrade from the generic/ cinematic/ zero personality music from the previous two games. So boring, so safe, so unremarkable...

Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.