Characters being in the game as variations, Premiere skins. Shao khan with reiko variation etc.
posted12/17/2018 11:00 PM (UTC)by
ravendozier954
I was hoping to save time and put as many characters as DLC as possible, that they can add premiere skins to current characters. These will have their own character skin, dialog and own voiceovers.

-Kassie cage: has a johnny cage variation and a sonya variation. The skin, dialog and voice over changes to johnny and he has johnny type moves in his variation. Sonya will have her moves ,dialog voice etc.
-Shao Khan: reiko variation with new VO etc and reiko moves.
-Kenshi: ermac variation.
-Subzero: grand master (cause of timeline change), an mk1 original subzero and then the stamdard subzero for the game.
-Noob saibot: a havik variation.
-triborg: cyrax smoke sektor same as MKX but each variation has their own name on name bar, dialog and VO etc.
-Dominick: a kano variation with his VO dialog and man I moves.
-Jacquii: has a jax variation with his own VO dialog, skin and name bar etc with Jax moves.
-kitana: a jade and Mileena variation with their own weapons, VO name bar etc. They can all revenents as well.
-kung lao: original kung lao timeline variation or just a skin and name bar skin.
-Trishokan: 3 variation character which has goro, sheeva and kintoro as DLC with their own name bars,VO etc. Counts as 1 character.

All the variations share same combo system like mkx did minus the difference from the variations to make it a simple program fix to add "DLC" to current characters. I'm going by the alleged leaked roster which didn't have them listed as characters and since the game is based during deadly alliance timeline a DLC with kabal and mavado variation skin would be cool.

What are your thought on a variation premiere skin system like this that can satisfy you in a non canon way to characters that would normally not be in this game like Mileena for example.
Kitsune
12/13/2018 05:39 PM (UTC)
ravendozier954 Wrote:

-Subzero: grand master (cause of timeline change), an mk1 original subzero and then the stamdard subzero for the game.

Frost will be a much better premskin for SZ in my opinion.
ravendozier954
12/14/2018 03:53 PM (UTC)
Yes but she is in the leaked roster already so is takeda, hence why I didn't put them as premiers.
0RI0N
About Me

Mad Props to MINION, The SIG Sovereign!

12/17/2018 03:52 AM (UTC)
I agree 100% with your logic here, but i disagree with most of your choices. I've been on this website screaming about premiere skins ever since the buildup to mk9. Back then I called them 'Alternate Character Skins'

We got Triborg in MKX, which was a super obvious choice, and much appreciated. But they also missed an opportunity with Goro, who could have easily had a Sheeva and Kintaro skin. Then we got our Legit PREMIER SKINS in Injustice 2. The beautiful thing about this concept is that we get to save roster spots for other characters. Its especially even more frustrating now that we have to make room on the already limited roster for GUEST characters. (Noob Saibot > every MKX guest).

An easy one for MK11 would be Frost for Subzero. SZ looked like an NFL linebacker in mkx, but then he was smaller (more ninja-like) in Injustice2. If they keep his model slim again, Frost could work, and I'd definitely buy her.

Sonya/Cassie/Jackie. I know this one might scratch your head at first, but hear me out. All 3 of them are 'military chicks' who have military fighting styles and 2 of the 3 use a tech-gauntlet to shoot a projectile. But this also makes since story-wise. Cassie and Jackie are being trained by Sonya, so she would teach them all her moves. It can be said that between these 2 games, Cassie would've 'upgraded' from her sidearm pistols to gauntlets. (I also like the idea of Erron Black being the only MK gunslinger from here on out). Just like Triborg, we would get a variation that was inspired by each character. The Sonya variation adds the drone, Cassie variation could be the rushdown one, and Jackie variation could let you switch your gauntlets from energy blasts to bullets and mini rockets.

Taven/Daegon. Some of the MKX endings showed these guys. Plus some of the leaks have them in mk11. If they are, lets just have them occupy the same roster spot. They are demigod brothers who both control fire, they even both own identical swords. (Just remembered that Street Fighter 3 did this with the Yin Yang brothers)

Just for shits and giggles, lets talk Shang Tsung. He is supposed to be this bad ass sorcerer, but all we've ever seen him do is shoot fireballs and shapeshift. If he were to miss out again on the main roster of MK11, I'd argue that Shang Tsung would be a cool premiere skin for Ermac, since Ermac has all those 'Leaking souls' affects on his special moves. He could also work with QuanChi, because wizardry!
MindStrikes
12/17/2018 08:51 AM (UTC)
Thracian_Tsar Wrote:
ravendozier954 Wrote:

Frost will be a much better premskin for SZ in my opinion.

How in the hell would a male based fighter workout on a female skinned fighter.. a female has a feminie stance and maybe a feminine touch in their attacks. It would look very silly.
Kitsune
12/17/2018 11:09 AM (UTC)

MKX Sonya strongly disagrees. LOL

I've seen MKX variation swap videos with Sonya using masculine variations. Nothing silly about it. It becomes silly when male characters use female stances and moves. They look... well, for lack of a better word, gay.

The real problem is that female characters usually have smaller hit boxes. Thus turning SZ to Frost via an eventual premskin would be a significant gameplay change. This might change some match-ups.
MindStrikes
12/17/2018 12:45 PM (UTC)
Thracian_Tsar Wrote:
Lol
Thracian_Tsar Wrote:
I've seen MKX variation swap videos with Sonya using masculine variations. Nothing silly about it. It becomes silly when male characters use female stances and moves. They look... well, for lack of a better word, gay.

The real problem is that female characters usually have smaller hit boxes. Thus turning SZ to Frost via an eventual premskin would be a significant gameplay change. This might change some match-ups.

Agree that it would especially look weird on a dude with female animations. But than again i rather not see bisexual animations.
lastfighter89
12/17/2018 01:13 PM (UTC)
Ed Boon already said that skin based variations will not be a thing.
Triborg is his own character, exactly like Mournful Kitana or Sonya using Stryker's grenades.
KloseKuarters
12/17/2018 06:22 PM (UTC)
MK does not need Premiere skins for characters. This is not Injustice games. MK has the actual characters in or out of the game.
DeathScepter
About Me

Save a life; Kill a necromorph

12/17/2018 06:44 PM (UTC)
MindStrikes Wrote:
Thracian_Tsar Wrote:
Lol

Thracian_Tsar Wrote:

Agree that it would especially look weird on a dude with female animations. But than again i rather not see bisexual animations.

there is no such thing as female stances or moves and there is no such thing as bisexual animations.
Warbro666
12/17/2018 10:58 PM (UTC)
I'm all for premier skins with their own VO's etc. The ONE thing I wish they would do if they're included is give them their own arcade ending. It bummed me out in I2 when I completed the arcade mode and got the original chars ending.
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

12/17/2018 11:00 PM (UTC)
Warbro666 Wrote:
I'm all for premier skins with their own VO's etc. The ONE thing I wish they would do if they're included is give them their own arcade ending. It bummed me out in I2 when I completed the arcade mode and got the original chars ending.

This.
0RI0N
About Me

12/29/2018 05:54 PM (UTC)

Damn, I forgot all about Mouning Kitana. I never play as her lol. Then there was the Ninja Turtles in Injustice2, who were literally FOUR different characters. So I dont see why they wouldnt want to do this in mk11. Kitana could easily get that Ninja Turtle treatment, having a Mileena and Jade variation. I'd even give her a secret Skarlet variation, like how Triborg had that secret Cyber Subzero variation. (Random: I remember way back in 1993 thinking that the ninja turtles actually inspired the creation of the female mk ninjas)

I feel like NightWolf could also be a premiere skin for Kotal Kahn. In the same vain as Vixen being a premiere skin for Cheetah, just focus on the similarities and dont think too hard about the differences LoL. NRS would probably have to change the Sun God variation to Moon Spirit to make it fit better cannonically. They actually did this with Superman and Bizarro in I2, changing the Heat vision to Frost vision and changing the ice breath to fire breath. It would simply be moonlight visually, versus Kotal's sunlight.

Kitana + Jade/Mileena/Skarlet

Sonya + Cassie/Jackie

Kotal + Nightwolf

Subzero + Frost

Triborg + Cyrax/Sektor

Just these few examples would save 9 roster spots! Spots that could potentially go to returning 3D era fighters or New characters.

Also, if MK11 has some kind of market/item shop like just about all recent games do, then I can definitely see this happening. Fortnite is a FREE game to play, but it made 3 BILLION in profit primarily off of selling skins. I'd pay a few bucks for a premiere skin/variation combo. I bought all of the ones available in Injustice. I even felt like they totally undercut themselves by not putting out a new one every week. Remember NRS, think about fortnite and their BILLIONS!

Masr
12/29/2018 06:11 PM (UTC)

Individuality is vital, if you ask me.

0RI0N
About Me

01/01/2019 07:21 PM (UTC)
DAHK9

Individuality is vital, if you ask me.

Yes, this is very true. But when you have over 70 characters in the Mortal Kombat Universe, and the developers limit the roster to only 30ish roster spots, now we have a problem. Not to mention making room for new characters and the inevitable GUEST characters. Its a very simple fix to just combine characters that have the same powers or abilities. They would still be individuals in the story mode btw. Bizarro became my 2nd main in Injustice2 once he came out. He would never get the greenlight without the concept of Premiere Skins. So thank you NRS, and please, dont just continue, GO HAM! lol

m0s3pH
About Me

Mortal Kombat Online - Community Manager

| Twitch | YouTube | Lawful Chaos |

Signature and avatar by ThePredator151

01/02/2019 04:34 AM (UTC)

Am I the only one who wishes they never did this to begin with?

Seriously though, I think we could've done better in terms of third variations than budget Jade for Kitana and dollar store Baraka for Alien. Don't even get me started on Triborg (fun fact, Sektor's ending in MKA called NRS creating Triborg whether they knew it then or not). How can a character really shine when the towel gets thrown in on 1/3 of their gameplay, in favor of some other character? On the flip side, if I were a huge Jade fan for example, I'd be upset that I can't get the character I want and instead have to play Kitana to do it, where I won't have Jade's fatalities or a true representation of the character visually.

It's just more corner cutting like they've done through the entire history of the series, and you guys are eating it up. I'd much rather have characters who are fully their own under this current variation system than 2/3 of a character combined with something that only exists to shoehorn someone else in who didn't make the cut in the first place.

Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.