matthewhaddad
07/10/2006 11:42 AM (UTC)
Thanks hjs-Q.

And I have to agree with Sub-Zero_7th - Kira does have one of the worst projectiles in the game.

Two more questions...

Why is Kobra so high?

Why is Mileena mid - high tier? (as opposed to being lower)
hjs-Q
About Me

I Rock

07/12/2006 04:50 PM (UTC)
Kobra is one of the best in the game.

His Kali are so strong its painfull, d+3 is a great poke and a free throw in the corner, u+3 and b+3 are great mids, 2,4,3 /2,4,b+3 mix up are good to throw here and there.

Shaorin Ryu is also great, 2,1,1,4 has block stun, after a throw this combo hits mid (yeah MKD is broken.....).

He has a great low fireball, his d,f+2 hits mid and plants giving you 50/50.

His throw is great, unbreakble and 50/50.

1 in Kickboxing is also good.

Kobra just has it all, throw, combos, mids, projectile, he has few if any bad matchups.

Mileena is also very powerfull.

Mien Chuan is all you need.

d+1 is a great poke, d+4 and b+3 are good lows. b+2/b+2,2 are great. 4 hits mid, its safe and you get a free throw, 4,1 is unsafe but juggles.

The roll is good after 4,1 cause you get a free throw.

Her throw is good, you get a 50/50.

Mileena seems weak but Mien Chuan and her throw makes her very good
m2dave
07/13/2006 02:00 AM (UTC)
Yeah,Kobra is great.All his high moves will hit mid after his throw or any other plant move he has (like his Flamefist).This is where his weapon stance,f+1 comes in.Do f+1, Flamefist, walk up and side step for a free throw.Damaging,inescapable and very easy.

One thing Kobra lacks,though,is a mid juggle starter.Both b+3 and u+3 are nice in weapon stance,but they don't juggle.Unfortunately,f+1 hits only high after plants.Also,Kobra's d+3 mix ups are easily spoiled by blocking it low and then immediately doing your own low poke.Counters any attack the Kobra player might have done after d+3.

hjs-Q,I'm 100% sure his Flamefist (d,f+2) is a high move,and not a mid move.Same as his Teleport Punch.Both of them only hit mid after plants.

Nonetheless,Kobra is a great character who can beat anyone.However,he gets owned by Dairou and Bo rather easily.
Sub-Zero_7th
07/13/2006 02:13 AM (UTC)
m2dave Wrote:
Yeah,Kobra is great.All his high moves will hit mid after his throw or any other plant move he has (like his Flamefist).This is where his weapon stance,f+1 comes in.Do f+1, Flamefist, walk up and side step for a free throw.Damaging,inescapable and very easy.

One thing Kobra lacks,though,is a mid juggle starter.Both b+3 and u+3 are nice in weapon stance,but they don't juggle.Unfortunately,f+1 hits only high after plants.Also,Kobra's d+3 mix ups are easily spoiled by blocking it low and then immediately doing your own low poke.Counters any attack the Kobra player might have done after d+3.

hjs-Q,I'm 100% sure his Flamefist (d,f+2) is a high move,and not a mid move.Same as his Teleport Punch.Both of them only hit mid after plants.

Nonetheless,Kobra is a great character who can beat anyone.However,he gets owned by Dairou and Bo rather easily.

Yes, well, so do all the other characters. wink
MrSchpfmut
07/18/2006 02:49 PM (UTC)
m2dave Wrote:
Yeah,Kobra is great.All his high moves will hit mid after his throw or any other plant move...

However,he gets owned by Dairou and Bo rather easily.

In a series, definately. All I think Ko can really do vs Dai is throw low fireballs and hope they trade with Dai's specials. The key is getting a throw on dai. If you approach and attack properly post-throw, he cant buffer a TS.

I think yall forgot to mention otgs too. I know, generally Ko's top game is 90% kali & low fire... But with a bit of trickery Shorin Ryu is way more damaging.

24, 24...*df2 free hit* ss free throw
Here you get your fake mid's again. If you attack with 24 and it lands, thats a wrong decision for which you can otg & free throw all over again. Just sick

Dont forget trick blocking and you got a mean motherfucker...
Shorin: u3+u&block
Dont do that vs dai tho lol

Dave, i'm not sure but i think shorin f2 might be better bait than kbox 1?
Shit's crazy fast & juggles!
cosmothehound
08/17/2006 04:04 PM (UTC)
r u kidding me subzero had crazy moves in that game i dont know how he is second to last. if you dont suck at mk u cud pull of 60% + combos with subzero.as for the rest i agree with u.
Speakers
09/08/2006 04:21 AM (UTC)
I dont understand why darriou is so high. He was the first person i learned how to play. when i get online and play as him, i get owned. I havent played this game long, but there isnt even a chance for me. So i learned nightwolf, and i do much better with him. of course i usually get owned no matter who i use, but i at least have one a few with nightwolf.

as a side note, i dont think dairou is fun to play either because he only has a few combos. i feel like im using the same move over and over. i dont feel like that playing with nightwolf.
Sub-Zero_7th
09/08/2006 01:33 PM (UTC)
Speakers Wrote:
I dont understand why darriou is so high. He was the first person i learned how to play. when i get online and play as him, i get owned. I havent played this game long, but there isnt even a chance for me. So i learned nightwolf, and i do much better with him. of course i usually get owned no matter who i use, but i at least have one a few with nightwolf.

as a side note, i dont think dairou is fun to play either because he only has a few combos. i feel like im using the same move over and over. i dont feel like that playing with nightwolf.

Uh huh..

Well, to sum it up...

Dairou is the best because of his super fast Tombstone Drop, fast projectile (Iron Leg), tricky ass teleport move (Stealthy Shadows), and things like that.

Tombstone Drop + 1, 1, F + 3 in Autumn Dao = ouch
scorpionspupil
09/24/2006 04:48 PM (UTC)
cosmothehound Wrote:
r u kidding me subzero had crazy moves in that game i dont know how he is second to last. if you dont suck at mk u cud pull of 60% + combos with subzero.as for the rest i agree with u.

subby is horrible in MKD the best thing he has going for him is his ice clone special and in full 3D it is pretty useless anyway
Sub-Zero_7th
09/24/2006 07:51 PM (UTC)
scorpionspupil Wrote:
cosmothehound Wrote:

subby is horrible in MKD the best thing he has going for him is his ice clone special and in full 3D it is pretty useless anyway

Sub-Zero isn't horrible. He just isn't as broken as most of the other characters are.
Liu_Kang187
About Me

My MK Tribute Video (NEW version): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGO5ozJy584

10/04/2006 08:04 AM (UTC)
Hello. Glad to see this thread is actually still active some what. I read the first page and this last page. I didn't really fell like reading all the others. (Can you blame me?)

To just let you all know, this is Liu_Kang187's brother on here. (They won't let me have my own account for some reason.) I'm unaware if my brother has posted in this thread or not. I haven't looked into it till just now. Just wanted that cleared it just in case he has posted in this thread before whenever so you don't think he is asking the same questions. Well I just wanted that to be clear.

OK first off I do pretty much agree with this tier list. I can't really argue about some characters since like Bo Rai Cho I have hardly played with in MKD. I'll just take your word on he is that good wink I do have a couple questions however that I hope some one doesn't mind answering, or mind quoting the answer if already posted in this thread.

Mileena -

I agree she ain't bad, but I don't see how she is in the 9 spot. She is a weak character, but I do know that Maun whatever her 2nd style is is good. I especially like the d+4 low kick and mix up her mids with that. Also a combo I just like doing is 4, 1 juggled with 4, 3, L1 (style change). With proper timeing it does 30% damage if I remember right. Though it can be hard to time just right to get all the hits in. Anyways I also like how I can seem to almost always get a free throw after doing her teleport kick special as long as it isn't blocked. Usually isn't blocked as I'll usually do the move when up close and kinda try to get my opponent to try to hit me while with the move I dogde their hit and hit them instead. Like I said I almost always get a free throw after this. I'm unaware if this is just because of the skill lvl of my opponent, or if it is an actual free throw.

All in all she seems to be a good fighter mainly because of her 2nd style. However I don't see how that puts her in the 9 spot? I would initially think she would be a little lower in mid tier.

Hotaru -

Pi Gua is an awsome style. One of the best I think. Atleast one of the better ones for sure. It mainly is the only style I use with Hotaru as there is like no mids with his weapon and his first style just doesn't seem as good as Pi Gua. Maybe it is just because I'm a pretty smart player if I say so myself, but I totally own with Pi Gua. I would think Hotaru would be higher on the tier list. Maybe not really high, but higher than he is. Is it because of his other two styles not being of great use the reason behind why he isn't higher on the list? Or is there some thing wrong with Pi Gua that I'm not noticing?

Sub-Zero -

Number 23 on the list? hmmmmm.... I'm not complaining exactly the fact that he is low on this list, but complaining as to why isn't he above the likes of Havik and Kabal?

I know good ol' Subby sadly isn't as good of a fighter as he is in the story of MK. I know however if you are a smart player that you can still own any one with Sub-Zero in MKD, wich is what I exactly able to do. (I would prove my Sub-Zero skills to all still if I still played PS2 online, wich I don't no more.) I find the Ice Clone rather useful as a space creator and some thing I can hide behind to set up what I'm trying to do with him. (Also the Ice Clone kicks butt against Noob-Smoke players who from what I remember playing online would tend to teleport into it lol)

Anyways yeah you can own with Subby if you play smart. However I see the reasoning for him being so low. Atleast I believe apart of the reason being is that for one thing he isn't that powerful as far as how much damage he does goes. Isn't a really safe character. Kori Blade his best stance I think wich it is pretty limited. Worst of all to me is that you do less damage if you manage to freeze them first when doing a combo.

All in all I agree Sub-Zero is more like of just a gimmick rather than a great character to play with. Perhaps how broken this game is is to blame. However I don't understand how he isn't better than Havik and Kabal??? I think I would personally have Sub-Zero at the 21 spot at the lowest.

I maybe have more to post. Gotta look at the tier list again lol.

Liu_Kang187
About Me

10/04/2006 08:20 AM (UTC)
OK took another look at the tier list to see where every one was again and got a few more questions.

First off, why is Kabal at the 14 spot? I seriously thought he was low tier. Sun Bin doesn't seem to be really that useful. Goju Ryu a decent style, but didn't think it was some thing exactly all that great. Still not that bad of a style. His Hookswords, even though now as good as MKDA Hookswords imo, they are still decent. Not really all that great either. Sorry for not going into very detailed observation of Kabal in MKD. I'm tired. Seriously though I've always seen him as low tier. I don't think there is any really good useful thing about him that I can recall. His special moves are crap. Can some one explain why and how Kabal is in the 14 spot ? I'm confused confused

Ermac -

I agree he is mid tier. I'm just wondering the reasons for his placement on the tier list? I thought he would possibly be a little higher. All in all I still love the guy. One of my favs. I like playing with him in MKD cuz he plays like totally different than any other character, besides for a couple special moves with Kenshi. Still I have so much fun with the guy in the game. I really like some good combo's I can do with him. I would post exactly what combo's, but can't remember exactly how to do them lol. Maybe I can get Ermac higher on the list if I post the combo. hmmm....

Anyways one last thing. About Hotaru and his spot. Just saying that I would think he deserves the 14 spot. Maybe slighly possible 13 spot???? Maybe once some one explains to me the whole Hotaru thing I'll understand better.

One last thing......

Pretty good job on the list all those who worked on it back whenever. Can't believe I never looked at it till today.
Liu_Kang187
About Me

10/05/2006 03:48 AM (UTC)
Nevermind about Kabal. I'm not sure if I agree with the spot he got in the tier list comepletely, but I see how good he actually is now. My brother showed me.... First in practice... Then by kicking my ass.... Hookswords just own!
Sub-Zero_7th
10/07/2006 04:15 AM (UTC)
Mileena: Yes, Mian Chuan is her best style, mainly because of...

4, 1
D + 1
D + 4
B + 2, 2

Also, she has a good throw.

Overall, why Mileena is high-mid tier is because she's super fast and pretty safe plus she has a good throw.

Hotaru: It's good that you use Pi Gua the most since that is his best style. I guess he isn't higher on the tier list because of the weaknesses of his other two styles (Ba Shan Fan being slow, rigid, and unsafe while Naginata has no mids and is unsafe except for probably B + 1 and the 1, B + 1 combo). Also, he's limited in terms of specials. His Lava Burst is good. I did hear something about a cancel with his Grasshopper, but I'll let someone else clear that up.

Sub-Zero: Most people will talk about how bad Sub-Zero is in MKD. He does indeed have some big weaknesses (lack of mids in Shotokan, only one mid in Dragon, Freeze being too slow and telegraphic, and some other things) though I'm pretty sure Versatile considers Sub-Zero to be higher up on the tier list.

Kabal: Sun Bin is good. 1, 3 is a good combo and I guess you can mix it up with 1, B + 3. U + 3 is a good launcher that leads to high damage when you do the Raging Flash and then go to Goju Ryu for the 1, 1, CS, 1, 4...1, 1, 4....1, 1, 4, CS combo, which does a big whopper of damage. Goju Ryu is ok...Hookswords is his best style with moves like U + 2, U + 3, and 4.

Ermac: Ermac is not that great, but he doesn't really suck. Hua Chuan is fast and has good moves but it would've been nice for attack 1 to hit low so that you could have a combo mix up between 2, 2, 1 and 2, 2, 3 (the latter combo hitting mid with the last hit). Choy Lee Fut has no mids but D + 1 is a great poke. Axe is somewhat slow, but it's a good style. The Mystic Float and the two moves linked with it aren't really that great. The projectile should've been faster.
--------
Btw, this tier list is actually quite outdated.
Liu_Kang187
About Me

10/07/2006 08:58 AM (UTC)
Thnx for the reply.

If there is one thing I think should be different on the tier list 100% for sure is that Sub-Zero is atleast better than Havik as well lol.
m2dave
10/07/2006 02:00 PM (UTC)
Liu_Kang187 Wrote:
Nevermind about Kabal. I'm not sure if I agree with the spot he got in the tier list comepletely, but I see how good he actually is now. My brother showed me.... First in practice... Then by kicking my ass.... Hookswords just own!

If you're playing off-line,Kabal's Flash will probably punish about 90% of all blocked moves EASILY.Then just go for a 50%-60% combo.The only reason why Kabal isn't the best in the game is because his throw probably isn't even average.
Check
10/08/2006 04:32 AM (UTC)
^^kabal has 100% off any counter

spin U+3 13 spin fireball spin, U+3,cs, 11cs14 cs cs 11cs14 db 2 = over 100%
RaydenwithaY
About Me

47.65kb

03/07/2007 02:24 PM (UTC)
the_shirt_ninja Wrote:
What really suprises me is Havik's ranking. I think he's awesome! What makes him so much worse than almost everyone else?

Also, Kabal should be at least bottom mid IMO.

I'm fine with the rest.

Havik rocks!
RaidenTheGod
01/20/2008 05:15 AM (UTC)
Does anyone know how to unlock Goro? I haven't been playing mortal Kombat Deception for long so i don't know how.wow
shansity
03/19/2008 12:45 AM (UTC)
Why are some of you complaining about what tier your favorite fighter is in? If you're good then you're good and if you suck .....YOU SUCK! Big deal! The point is it's not always the character it's the player or the players style or ego. I can kick the bejesus outta people with anyone just about. I tend to find the bigger characters at the disadvantage because they are just to big and slow. I absolutely hate Bo Rai Cho but I ain't saying he isn't a good character to bust domes with.
MyQueenSindel
04/21/2008 01:15 AM (UTC)
I know i'm..... really late on this...

but does someone wanna explain Sindel and Jade's position on the list for me?
GoobieDoob
About Me

Signature made by Zmoke

12/03/2012 10:26 PM (UTC)
For Jade, placement on the list has been explained. Look back at page one.
MK-UNIT
11/18/2013 06:18 PM (UTC)
Mortal kombat decption.... best game ever!
i heard the server is already online. i wish an remake on ps3 or ps4.
i still have my mkd on ps2 and want back to server.. if someone like to play mkd with me then let me know smilesmile
doro121
About Me

Hello guys, I'm Dorothy from JSON formatter team . Our projects are: roll the ball and Impossible game. Hope your help, thank you!

08/16/2018 03:02 AM (UTC)
Very great work guys, but I will continue to rip opponents apart with my low tier :))
Guilherme-0
02/26/2020 07:15 PM (UTC)

Amazing

Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.