Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 4 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • December 16th, 2018
    Presenting Concert Footage & Interview with Kung Lao & Others! [Read On]
  • December 16th, 2018
    Motion Capture Artists Share Behind-The-Scenes Pics, Vids [Read On]
  • December 14th, 2018
    Best Buy Remove Liu Kang & Sub-Zero From MK11 Listing [Read On]
  • December 13th, 2018
    Record Speedrunner Beats MK3 In Under 5 Minutes [Read On]
  • December 13th, 2018
    Todd McFarlane Thinks Spawn Will Be in Mortal Kombat 11 [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

MK11 Trailer MVP?
Raiden (31.4%)
Scorpion (20%)
Shao Kahn (21.9%)
Mystery Character (26.6%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

2D Kombat Klassics

Discussing the 2D MK Klassics: Everything from the Original to Rereleases.
Page of 3

SalvadorPosted: 10/05/2005 11:41 AMStatus ::

Visits::101
Nationality::Canada
RE: MK1 TV Games - commercial!!

Wicked

KabasaPosted: 10/14/2005 09:21 PMStatus ::

Visits::1
Nationality::United States

I played It.....it was the worst thing ever controls sucked couldn't do any fatalitys.

hitokiri battosai
quevePosted: 11/12/2005 11:47 AMStatus ::

Visits::4110
Nationality::Bolivia

Awesome!

Thanks for the vid Kombat. The commercial is actually very good. I loved it! Thanks again.

MK_King14Posted: 11/19/2005 12:42 PMStatus ::

Visits::9

I bought it and it was $30but at least i did get it.

mk2worshipPosted: 11/22/2005 12:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::17

I aint got this yet but MK II is the best game... ever!!! I've been on MK I and it is super weird because they are all in kung fu out fits, BIZARRE!! MK II is the shit because it is cool moves, places, story, characters and alities. This MK I effort is a good idea because MK 1 is realy hard to find.

Play MK2
Play MK1
Play primal rage
Play pit fighter
Screw MK3 MK4 MKDA MKD UltimateMK3 MKtrilogy etc, etc.

stack79Posted: 11/23/2005 09:45 AMStatus ::

Visits::17

those shots look great!!!!!!!!!!but i wonder if the game is worth gettting though!!!!!!!!!!!!!MK FOREVER

claudiusPosted: 11/24/2005 05:08 PMStatus ::

Visits::146
Nationality::United Kingdom

i've seen it a while back but i haven't been hearing any good comments about it and i say it a bit to much when u can just download the snes emulater and download a download mk1 for the snes

solorzanoclPosted: 11/25/2005 07:06 AMStatus ::

Visits::7

if you get mortal kombat deception kollector's edition you get MK1 but i think all you guys already know that huh???

jtayloPosted: 12/06/2005 04:59 PMStatus ::

Visits::207

Why is this thing still stickied? No one should waste their money on this cheap mk1 game immitation, and the makers of it deserve to be banned from the video game industry.

scorpio_117Posted: 12/29/2005 05:38 AMStatus ::

Visits::13

Why does raiden and scorpion just pop out of the lava? wouldn't they be dead? except scorpion.

Burn from my wrath!
scorpio_117Posted: 12/29/2005 05:41 AMStatus ::

Visits::13

did any of you notice that when scorpion was doing his spear move, his health was all gone?

Burn from my wrath!
LadymagePosted: 01/10/2006 03:15 PMStatus ::

Visits::4583

why did they use raiden, why? now reptile would have been cool, or anyone but the thunder god

can anyone else tell raiden is not my fave character

I am a happy well adjusted emotinally disturbed person, and for some reason all the raiden sprites keep staring at me I mean it tell them to stop, they are scaring me *hides* my friend pred gave me this one, and the avvy that goes with it, but I love the ones flameshang and darkryder gave me too, so expect a cycle of these three folks
Vash_15Posted: 01/16/2006 12:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::11780

$20 i know im playing it right now

LadymagePosted: 01/31/2006 08:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::4583

I prefer to get them as gifts for other people

I am a happy well adjusted emotinally disturbed person, and for some reason all the raiden sprites keep staring at me I mean it tell them to stop, they are scaring me *hides* my friend pred gave me this one, and the avvy that goes with it, but I love the ones flameshang and darkryder gave me too, so expect a cycle of these three folks
Headbanger59Posted: 02/02/2006 10:06 AMStatus ::

Visits::118

I would get it, but I am currently saving up for one of the actual arcade machines. I am pretty close to getting it.

bcrt2000Posted: 03/15/2006 03:30 PMStatus ::

Visits::272

All Jaaks TV Games are just genesis versions of games. I'd rather get the MAT2/Decption Deluxe editions for PS2/XBOX/PSP/PC or play it via MAME.

-
dreemernjPosted: 03/15/2006 10:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::5272

bcrt2000 Wrote:
All Jaaks TV Games are just genesis versions of games. I'd rather get the MAT2/Decption Deluxe editions for PS2/XBOX/PSP/PC or play it via MAME.

The Jakks Plug and Play version of Mortal Kombat is a new version. The graphics look dramatically better then Genesis. It doesn't have the layered backgrounds which kinda sucks, but still, tons better then Genesis (or Sega CD).

bcrt2000Posted: 03/16/2006 01:13 AMStatus ::

Visits::272

dreemernj Wrote:
bcrt2000 Wrote:

The Jakks Plug and Play version of Mortal Kombat is a new version. The graphics look dramatically better then Genesis. It doesn't have the layered backgrounds which kinda sucks, but still, tons better then Genesis (or Sega CD).

I stand corrected!

Just did a bit of looking up on this-- looks as though they are still using the Genesis hardware, but they've re-ported the game, and customized the hardware to allow for bigger and better animated characters. You'd think that if they were able to add an auxilary memory cart that they could have had full fledged backgrounds as well.

Still, it's good to know they put in some effort into it. Maybe they'll actually just eventually recreate the midway arcade unit hardware and put that in a controller.. now THATS something that would be really cool.

-
hanzo_hasashiPosted: 03/24/2006 05:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::71
Nationality::Venezuela

dreemernj Wrote:
bcrt2000 Wrote:

Speaking of this.... If it is close to the Genesis version, in wich revision its based? Gen MK if I dont recall it was based on 3.0 so you could do stuff like Scorpion: aaHP x2, Teleport, jk, Spear, uppercutt.

In 5.0you just couldnĀ“t.

Could somebody answer this?

-
greenday008Posted: 04/07/2006 09:42 PMStatus ::

Visits::16
Nationality::Canada

The movie is cool.

Kahn91Posted: 07/06/2006 01:32 AMStatus ::

Visits::5527

Cool ad. Maybe if I have 20 bucks to kill, I'll get it. But for now: savin for Armageddon.

smoke_tetsuPosted: 07/11/2006 07:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::89

The controller may look strange to some but it's pretty cool to me because it's the original arcade layout. If that thing had a stick and an arcade perfect port I'd buy one in a heartbeat. They should also put a sticker on the side that looks like the side of the original cabinet. Having the original layout is a really cool thing to a old school MK player like me. BTW, if you are going to go emulation instead of this DON'T go for the SNES or Genesis versions go for the arcade... neither are anywhere near as good as the arcade version. =p They could probably make a small device that can emulate the original arcade boards today but it's probably too expensive to do so right now.

-
mabdogPosted: 07/30/2006 01:53 AMStatus ::

Visits::1909

I'd buy it, but I already have MK1 for the Genisis

Playa96Posted: 08/05/2006 03:38 AMStatus ::

Visits::205

Uppercut the guy when it says "FINISH HIM!" on the pit stage.

MortalKombat2007Posted: 09/11/2006 03:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::8689

Why is this a sticky thread? This doesn't help users in any way, nor is this a competition. It doesn't matter how spectacular the commercial is. This is confusing.

Page of 3

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.