Mame Mortal Kombat 4 problem!
posted08/23/2005 06:54 AM (UTC)by
Ace88
I'm new to Mame gaming. I downloaded MK4 rom. When the game first comes on and starts its check list. It always has an ERROR for the Zeus Chip. There for the game want play. Can anyone tell me how to fix this.

Thanks,
i dont think that u can...im pretty sure that the zeus(if i remember correctly) is the 3d hardware for MK4. I dont think mame has the necessary crap to make zeus work...however, when i tried it on mine, it said no sound, so hey what do i know?

Later
grinwow
Ace88
08/21/2005 03:00 AM (UTC)
Thanks for you reply buddy.
MK2KungBroken
About Me
The Prophet - R.I.P. 1979-2006www.kombatnetwork.com
- Your Source for UMK3 Competition -
When something better than UMK3 comes out, I'll let you all know, because it still hasn't happened yet.
08/21/2005 03:11 AM (UTC)
MK4 is not emulated yet, that's all you need to know.
deadly_dragon
08/21/2005 12:14 PM (UTC)
as well as MKGold( I think it does but i dont think it has a sound =/ )
MK Gold never released in the Arcades, it was Dreamcast exclusive.

For MK4, it will probably took years until someone is working on Zeus Emulation and running it above 15 FPS.

dreemernj
08/21/2005 09:56 PM (UTC)
I wonder if anyone really has access to fiddle with Zeus so they can get it running. I dont think there were any other games on that exact hardware and those machines are pretty rare, and besides, MK4 was a pretty terrible game, I can't see people killing themselves to bring it to mame. Although I know those Mamedev folks don't actually like MAME used for playing the games anyway since its only supposed to be for archival reasons...
NMnafa
08/23/2005 06:54 AM (UTC)
the mk4 rom is not playable on mame, but if you want to play that game online, you can use the epsxe emulator. About MK gold, dreamcast emulation is still in his babyshoes but the game works properly on the chankast emulator, except for the sound which is supposed to be fixed soon but I highly doubt about it. Also, epsxe has a kaillera client, but the dreamcast emu has no one, at least until now.

pierre
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.