Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.3%)
Jade (42.6%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.2%)
Freddy Krueger (9.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]
  • December 7th, 2017
    Atom Battles Black Manta in Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • November 28th, 2017
    Captain Marvel Almost Returned in Injustice Fighter Pack 0 [Read On]
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

3D Kombat Klassics

Discussing the 3D MK Klassics: Everything from MK4 to Armageddon.
Page of 2

DArqueBishopPosted: 09/06/2005 05:05 PMStatus ::
WWE Announces MKSM Ultimate Adventure Sweepstakes!

The WWE has announced a new sweepstakes based upon Midway's upcoming action/adventure game, Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks! The Grand Prize winner will win a new X-Box video game system, a copy of MK: Shaolin Monks signed by a WWE superstar, and four tickets in the Grand Prize winners area at an unspecified WWE event!

The contest is open to residents of the continental United States who are at least seventeen years old. For more information on the contest (including official rules) and to enter, click here.

Our thanks to forum/chat member DECEPTION for the heads-up on this sweepstakes!

Subzero2Posted: 09/06/2005 05:08 PMStatus ::

Visits::4007
Nationality::United States
RE: WWE Announces MKSM Ultimate Adventure Sweepstakes!

I wouldn't win if I entered

PSN: Eazail70x7
BodachiPosted: 09/06/2005 05:44 PMStatus ::

Visits::253
Nationality::United Kingdom

Dam only in america

[IMG]http://www.freewebs.com/bodachi/Bodachi.jpg[/IMG]
otb1369Posted: 09/06/2005 05:55 PMStatus ::

Visits::848
Nationality::Mexico

Why would you want to win an Xbox when the new ones are comming out in a month or two?

Wrestling is all fake anyways. If I won the game, I would sell it on ebay.

Upcomming games!
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks (09/19/05)
SSX on Tour (10/24/05)
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows (11/14/05)
GoDisNotHereTODAYPosted: 09/06/2005 06:19 PMStatus ::

Visits::7460

Why in the world is MK being sponsered by something that is such a disgrace to fighting? WWE is the most rediculous, retarded thing ever to grace television and the WWE should be sliced and toe tagged, cold slabbed and sent to hell in a body bag. MK should be sponsered by something that their is actually combat in like UFC, or Pride. Fuck...

OngBakPosted: 09/06/2005 06:21 PMStatus ::

Visits::4304
Nationality::Antarctica

WWE = retarded fight.

KaizuDragonPosted: 09/06/2005 06:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::534

GoDisNotHereTODAY Wrote:
Why in the world is MK being sponsered by something that is such a disgrace to fighting? WWE is the most rediculous, retarded thing ever to grace television and the WWE should be sliced and toe tagged, cold slabbed and sent to hell in a body bag. MK should be sponsered by something that their is actually combat in like UFC, or Pride. Fuck...

*sponsored
*ridiculous

The E in WWE stands for ENTERTAINMENT for a reason. They weren't ever meant to be like UFC and et cetera. I watch it occasionally, and it often seems a bit too dramatic, but that's what the show is all about, so I live with it.

Sure, they don't have the fucking UFC or even Shaolin Monastery sponsoring the game, but its being sponsored nonetheless and it's a chance for a free copy of MK:SM so no complaints.

Be grateful or be quiet.

GoDisNotHereTODAYPosted: 09/06/2005 07:00 PMStatus ::

Visits::7460

KaizuDragon Wrote:
GoDisNotHereTODAY Wrote:

*sponsored

*ridiculous

The E in WWE stands for ENTERTAINMENT for a reason. They weren't ever meant to be like UFC and et cetera. I watch it occasionally, and it often seems a bit too dramatic, but that's what the show is all about, so I live with it.

Sure, they don't have the fucking UFC or even Shaolin Monastery sponsoring the game, but its being sponsored nonetheless and it's a chance for a free copy of MK:SM so no complaints.

Be grateful or be quiet.

you know what man, thats my opinion. i did not mean to offend you but i have my right to voice my opinion so chill.

LinkSkywalkerPosted: 09/06/2005 07:01 PMStatus ::

Visits::1390

I entered,even though i hate xbox!

samus_aran3900Posted: 09/06/2005 07:29 PMStatus ::

Visits::32046
Nationality::Canada

This is cool WWE And Midway did this last year with MKD to bad i cant Enter cause im Canadian i am a big WWE Fan and a MK Fan

IRC member DECEPTION
#MicksDesk, #gamiz, #tmk, #mortalkombat
DeadMan90Posted: 09/06/2005 08:09 PMStatus ::

Visits::1773

GoDisNotHereTODAY Wrote:
KaizuDragon Wrote:
GoDisNotHereTODAY Wrote:

*sponsored

*ridiculous

Be grateful or be quiet.

you know what man, thats my opinion. i did not mean to offend you but i have my right to voice my opinion so chill.

Let's put it this way...

You rip WWE to shreds... yet you talk about MK like it's the end all be all to fighting games...

Let's put it this way, MK was never the best. I'm a giant MK fan, but I look past the hype and KNOW it's not the best...

but I still like it.

So I think that with my opinion of MK fighting games as of late and your opinions of WWE, it's the perfect match. My opinions of a subpar set of fighting games and your opinion on what you feel is subpar television should go great together! Perfect match! It's not like WWE is taking MK down a notch... I mean, the games have blood come out like it's a bucket of spaghetti sauce, so what is WWE doing so wrong with it other than trying to get more people to buy the game?

Go on, continue the pointless bitching.

WWE may be the most retarded thing on television in your opinion, but what you think is retarded is what I like. Then again, you probably liked that piece of shit show "Stacked" that featured Pamela Anderson. I think "Friends" is the most retarded, overhyped, piece of shit on this side of the planet, but I don't bitch about it.

If you don't like it, don't watch it. If you don't want to enter the contest, then don't enter the contest. Do us all a favor though, don't bitch about something you don't like, especially since there is too much of that going on already on this and the other boards on the site.

If you keep bitching about it, then go on and make suggestions on what you think would make it better, like others do with MK, except you can do it with WWE. If not, then let it be and go vent your frustrations elsewhere, talk about MK on these boards, and watch whatever the hell you want on television and leave the angst there or on the general board here.

scorpkingPosted: 09/06/2005 08:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::571
Nationality::Serbia and Montenegro

I hate this so much wwe should not mess with the mk world!!!

Peanut_Butter_JellyPosted: 09/06/2005 09:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::278
Nationality::Australia

WWE is not screwing MK up. In fact I think WWE has been advertising MK since MK: DA got released a couple of years back. Obviously Boon and McMahon have made a deal together. I watch WWE and I know its not as good as it used to be but so what. And as partners MK should get more popular. I read WWE has about 100 million fans around the world, and all of them are gonna see MK on RAW and Smackdown for a few weeks till the competition runs out. And some of them will think "This is a cool game I'm gonna check it out."

Basically it's a MARKETING campaign!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
KaizuDragonPosted: 09/06/2005 09:58 PMStatus ::

Visits::534

Peanut_Butter_Jelly Wrote:

Basically it's a MARKETING campaign!

No shit, Sherlock.

ShinomunePosted: 09/06/2005 11:29 PMStatus ::

Visits::8727
Nationality::Spain

Wrestling + Mortal Kombat = Best Combination Ever!

DaveRosteckPosted: 09/06/2005 11:35 PMStatus ::

Visits::12

Heh, non-wrestling fans take every opportunity they can find to let the world know that wrestling is fake and stupid. If you don't like it, keep it to yourself... Don't ruin this update for everyone else who recognizes and appreciates what WWE and Midway are doing for its fans. If you anti-WWE fans were true MK fans, you wouldn't bitch about an opportunity to win a free copy of Shaolin Monks.

scorpkingPosted: 09/07/2005 11:10 AMStatus ::

Visits::571
Nationality::Serbia and Montenegro

fuck no!!! Wrestling is fake and the mk world is much better than fuckin wrestling its like putting benut-butter and pikles@!!!!

Subzero2Posted: 09/07/2005 01:00 PMStatus ::

Visits::4007

Subzero2 Wrote:
I wouldn't win if I entered

I hope you all aren't referring to me
All I said was I wouldn't win.

PSN: Eazail70x7
DeadMan90Posted: 09/07/2005 05:03 PMStatus ::

No worries... nobody was referring to you...

LinkSkywalkerPosted: 09/07/2005 05:55 PMStatus ::

Visits::1390

when will the winner b announced?

samus_aran3900Posted: 09/07/2005 07:08 PMStatus ::

Visits::32046
Nationality::Canada

LinkSkywalker Wrote:
when will the winner b announced?

Read The Sweepstakes when it will end

IRC member DECEPTION
#MicksDesk, #gamiz, #tmk, #mortalkombat
Scorpio2Posted: 09/14/2005 11:03 PMStatus ::

Visits::163

lmao. "wrestling is fake" and mk isnt?
lol youre probably the same people that jerk off to videogame characters.

bitching about being paired up with wrestling is fucking stupid. especially the argument. "its fake" and all that bullshit. and you turn right around and worship mk..and its FAKE.........no wait its REAL!!!

i was walking down the street and seen this dude morph and another guy totally threw a fireball and blew this other dude up!!

"hold on a min..mk is a game, its not supposed to be real"..neither is wrestling. its entertainment. if youre gonna bitch about it, at least come up with better reasons.

this is the 3rd year in a row wwe has sponsored mk. its funny cause at least (if not more) half the male mk fans are also wrestling fans. ive always loved pro wrestling. i could give a rats ass about the wwe tho..i hate the wwe.

why wouldnt midway wanna pair it up with wwe? hmm i just dont under stand..why be sponsered by the wwe? its only one of the highest rated shows every week. why would i want my videogame commercial featured in a tv spot during raw?? why team up with a billion dollar company??

you people never fail to make complete morons out of yourselves

humansmoke44Posted: 09/14/2005 11:29 PMStatus ::

Visits::2473

Scorpio2 Wrote:
lmao. "wrestling is fake" and mk isnt?

lol youre probably the same people that jerk off to videogame characters.

bitching about being paired up with wrestling is fucking stupid.
especially the argument. "its fake" and all that bullshit. and you turn right around and worship mk..and its FAKE.........no wait its REAL!!!

i was walking down the street and seen this dude morph and another guy totally threw a fireball and blew this other dude up!!

"hold on a min..mk is a game, its not supposed to be real"..neither is wrestling. its entertainment. if youre gonna bitch about it, at least come up with better reasons.

this is the 3rd year in a row wwe has sponsored mk. its funny cause at least (if not more) half the male mk fans are also wrestling fans. ive always loved pro wrestling. i could give a rats ass about the wwe tho..i hate the wwe.

why wouldnt midway wanna pair it up with wwe? hmm i just dont under stand..why be sponsered by the wwe? its only one of the highest rated shows every week. why would i want my videogame commercial featured in a tv spot during raw?? why team up with a billion dollar company??

you people never fail to make complete morons out of yourselves

hahaha i couldnt agree more

DeadMan90Posted: 09/14/2005 11:29 PMStatus ::

Kinda harsh words, but they get the point across.

I think I mentioned it before, but I don't like the TV show "Friends".

In fact, I loathe it. But I don't go around complaining about it and telling everyone that it's not real because during it's 10 year run it didn't have near the number of minorities that NYC actually has.

You already know it's not real...

At least when someone is getting thrown when wrestling, they feel it. The only thing that is really faked is the script, some punches and some kicks, and even some of that stuff isn't fake.

Someone gets pissed, they go on a mic and could express it in a taboo... even getting fired in the process. Some wrestlers "stiff" other wrestlers with their kicks and punches and leave real welts and injuries bestowed upon them.

At least I know the stuff I'm watching is scripted for 50% of it while others don't realize that what they watch is even more fake than the wrestling I watch.

I guarantee these same people complaining about wrestling being scripted are the ones that would throw a fit if UFC sponsored MK.

And the guy above me got it right, MK is the biggest fantasy based fighting game series out there, so why complain about one thing and not the other?

I hope logic doesn't hurt too many heads here.

eugeniczPosted: 09/15/2005 02:56 AMStatus ::

Visits::4789
Nationality::Malaysia

Shinomune Wrote:
Wrestling + Mortal Kombat = Best Combination Ever!

And that's the bottomlineeeeeeeeee...........Coz (you know who) said so! (Opens up a can of whoop-@#$, toasts the crowd and gulps it down as that all familiar glass shattering music plays in the background)! Don't get the hint?

What? Now gimme a hell yeah! What?

Page of 2

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.