MK2KungBroken
About Me
The Prophet - R.I.P. 1979-2006www.kombatnetwork.com
- Your Source for UMK3 Competition -
When something better than UMK3 comes out, I'll let you all know, because it still hasn't happened yet.
04/12/2006 09:10 PM (UTC)
It seems like this is something unique to Human Smoke.
Check
04/13/2006 01:04 AM (UTC)
probably related to his extra speed.. though i wouldnt know, either that or the only one having that 3 hit pop up, or both. but what ermac?? i could of swore i did that a time or two back in the old freehold mall grin
DAVE101
04/16/2006 01:20 AM (UTC)
Is 8 hits the least amount you can use for an Ermac Korner Kill?

I would also like to know what is the most damaging one discovered. I know you'll be like "Aren't they all 100?" but I mean after they die and you can keep hiting them, like in Mortal personality disorder. I'm thinking the TKS, RH, RH, TKS... might be the most.
MK2KungBroken
About Me
When something better than UMK3 comes out, I'll let you all know, because it still hasn't happened yet.
04/16/2006 09:13 AM (UTC)
RH, RH, TKS, RH, RH, TKS, uppercut, is technically the shortest unblockable, 7 hits actual, would register as 5 hits on infinite life. The timing to get TKS, RH, RH, TKS is nearly impossible, there's much easier, longer 100+%s.

The biggest combo I got was TKS, RH, RH, TKS, RH, RH, TKS, HPHP, JK, RH, LP, fireball, which is 149%. When I tried it, I didn't even come close to getting the TKS's unblockable after the RHs, but in theory, that would be the most, you might even be able to get a LK instead of a fireball at the end of that combo if you get the 5th RH close and low enough in the corner.
psykosonik
04/16/2006 09:19 AM (UTC)
with quick uppercut recovery after finish him you can get lots of 100%+ combos, like reptile: 16Hps, Dash, Uppercut, aaHP, Dash, Uppercut would be over 155%, same with Lao.
DAVE101
04/16/2006 12:11 PM (UTC)
MK2KungBroken Wrote: The timing to get TKS, RH, RH, TKS is nearly impos...

Actualy I find that part rather easy, I just can't get in the right postion for another double roundhouse after I get pushed back from the second RH. I can get the second telekenetik slam but after that I'll either swing too late or hit 'em too early and get pushed back. furious

I'm gunna go for that 7 hit today, Thanks shock!
MK2KungBroken
About Me
04/16/2006 07:15 PM (UTC)
To get it unblockable, you have one frame to connect the TKS, but on top of both roundhouses hitting on the exact frame they need to, in the exact position they need to. 3 just frames and 2 other variables in one combo, on every hit, and doing it twice.
DAVE101
04/18/2006 01:16 AM (UTC)
Ah, so now I gotta worry about the TKS beeing blocked? I change my mind. I thought the RHs would be the hard part. See I never think about these combo's being blockable unless they end up standing back on the ground continuing to get hit. Like when you run if for a HK after a RH and they end up standing, or doing some of those 3 hit nightwolf things, or even relaunchers. But I can't judge that stuff like I mentioned above. I'm gullable enough to believe it's a combo it I get a readout at the end and not in the middle, unless it's really obvius.

It's sad how EVERY TIME I come to this thread, it's for help. I never had contributed anything. Hopefully, one day, I can be in your position helping others. You said you were 15/16 when you got into this game, well I was 15 when I really, REALY got into this stuff and I'm 16 now. (I remember renting UMK3 for genesis back in 1st grade. My parents never cared, they actualy rented them for me. I've been passive though, until last summer '05) At this rate I'll be BETTER than all you in... *punches buttons into a calculator*... 37 years! HAHAHA. Just wait, I'm gunna own you guys!
MK2KungBroken
About Me
04/18/2006 03:46 AM (UTC)
There are certain scenarios where otgs are not blockable, but it is very rare. This is covered in the general gameplay post.
MK2KungBroken
About Me
04/19/2006 09:25 AM (UTC)
Huge Reptile update, and added Unmasked Sub's Sheeva only infinite.
psykosonik
04/19/2006 09:31 AM (UTC)
perfect job again man
oncaboy
05/17/2006 08:50 AM (UTC)
hey when are u gonna do noob saibot?
psykosonik
05/17/2006 05:41 PM (UTC)
noob from umk3 arcade? read the general gameplay post and male ninjas basics and you are done
oncaboy
05/17/2006 06:02 PM (UTC)
not really
i mean noob from mkt

pls do hiz quide next
DAVE101
05/17/2006 06:41 PM (UTC)
They're working on tutorial videos. I believe they might do ALL of the trilogy characters eventualy. Don't count on it being anytime soon.
DAVE101
06/01/2006 12:51 AM (UTC)
MK2KungBroken Wrote:
Human Smoke

Human Smoke is a top tier character, ranked #2 of 23 available characters in the game. He has one of the highest combo potentials for starting a combo on the ground. Essentially, 2 mistakes and you are done. The only thing that makes him better than Ermac in terms of tactics is his air throw, but the air throw alone brings him tier level up dramatically. Male Ninjas can play a nice defensive game and he is one the best to make use of that with because of the available damage he can deal in those situations, not unlike Reptile and Ermac. They all have huge damage opportunities on defense, but it is possible to rush down with them as well. There is a common misconception that Human Smoke is just a clone of Scorpion, who is gray and smoking, with no difference in moves. In reality, Human Smoke is much more powerful than Scorpion because he has pop up combos, and he also has a slightly faster walking speed, which makes certain juggle combos easier. His damage range is anywhere from 10 to 35% more at any given time in the same situation as Scorpion. Run jabs and safe teleports are your game. Make sure to only use his HK, LP combo when rushing down, or off a jump punch start. Many players will use his 4 hit combo (the one Scorpion should use) because of reflex. Remove that from you brain because it is worthless. Anti air HPs and roundhouses are a must, and can easily link into 50%+ combos, make sure you have the timing down, and know which characters can be anti air HPed easily. Mix up his run jabs with knees, for example, double run jab, run in, knee, run jab, knee, knee, and keep them guessing, but watch for an opening to set up his pop up combo. Don't forget about his airthrow, and try and get them low on cross up attempts. When run jabbing, sometimes an opponent will jump away, watch for a juggled LP and get them with a harpoon afterward. Also pay attention to collision detection. For some reason when male ninjas duck and block, a lot of distance gets between them and the attacker, causing their combos to miss, like Jax and Kabal. When Jax's first punch in his combo, or Kabal's uppercut misses, capitalize on that with a harpoon, or run in and combo.

Male Ninja Basics moves:

The Male Ninjas have excellent basic moves, good height and range on everything in relation to their sprite proportions, their roundhouse is extra wicked and can connect in almost any situation. The only thing that can be weird about them is their aaHPs. Sometimes they tend to miss in situations where you wouldn't expect them to and this is due to kara canceling with run to speed the last hit up, in this situation, often you can do aaHP, LP and it'll work, with slightly less damage, otherwise, always take an extra small step in before doing aaHPs.

The Harpoon (or Spear, I tend to throw both words around randomly) is an essential move as it is a very quick containment and relatively safe to do from full screen depending on the who the opponent it. It's good on wake ups as it seems to have a hit box in front of him before it even comes out. You can try throwing out a harpoon afterward a combo for mix ups on jumpy players. It can be linked in juggle combos with a normal limit of 4 hits before it, and can be broken to 5. It can counter many simple standing attacks for free. You might want to also get the feel down for players who jump back and snag them on a landing. Anytime you connect a Harpoon with Human Smoke, it means at least 50% on every character. Learn the best combos for specific characters, but most of them are vulnerable to his bread and butter 56%. A situation where you might be able to consistently connect a spear would be when running jabbing, then doing a teleport punch without leaving the screen. At this point a lot of players try to jump in, hit a spear right as they are coming down, into a convenient combo of choice. You can also just throw out a spear as weak up at this point on characters who don't have teleports.

The Teleport Punch is a great move if used for escaping and overall positioning and manueverability. If you use it too much players will see your patterns and counter by getting in the way of it and blocking. If you are experienced enough with the placement and timing you should be able to teleport almost anytime it is available (it has a small time limit between usages) and not get punished. Essentially think of the screen's width as 1 unit, and then if there is more than half of the entire screen behind you and the opponent combined, you are safe. Use if when you are getting up to escape run jabs, HKs or knee starting combos. It is best to try and get the placement down to land right next to them even if they are blocking, this sets up free throw potential and/or rush down. Watch out for counter sweeps, LKs, HKs or uppercuts if you rush in immediately. Utilize the teleport punch as a combo extender but try not to actually hit them with it as it activates damage protection. Its limit is 4 hits before it is locked, has a small window of time limit recharge and you can stretch it out to 2 uses per combo if done right. Do not use the teleport punch as a safe guard chip hit when someone is on danger because it only does about 2% chip damage and danger can mean the person has 4% life left. It is common to see people lose matches they should have won because of this. In order to connect his teleport punch on characters like Shang Tsung, Liu Kang, female ninjas, Robots Ninjas, and Sheeva in mid screen standard combo situations, after his HK, LP pop up, jump forward and wait until he starts coming down on the flip to JK, then instantly cancel to the teleport punch. This makes him line up better with them. You can also glitch cancel the teleport punch if you want to get fancy.

His Air Throw is very useful on jumpy opponents, remember to tap block in air a few times any time you leave the ground just incase they do as well. Use it on cross attempts, it's not quite as useful in sweep situations as Jax or Kano's, but still possible to do. It's good to link at the end of juggle combos.

Human Smoke has one sketchy infinite, in which you can perform his bread and butter combo over and over by intentionally breaking it at the D+LP. The window to achieve this comboable break is approximately 1 frame. It is almost worthless to try because you can throw away a match trying to do this. The combo breaks and allows you to perform his Teleport Punch and Harpoon over and over each rotation.

Human Smoke can relaunch every character in the game, like Ermac and Kano. This is done by performing a launcher combo, jumping along with the opponent as they are flying, and as you are about to land, connect a linked HP, which is unblockable if they are close enough to the ground but are still considered in air, and then the autocombo is free. It is useful against certain characters, as some are easier to relaunch than others. Difficult/pointless relaunch attempts are Stryker, Sindel, Female Ninjas, and Male Ninjas. Everyone else is pretty easily relaunched by Human Smoke.

Basic Juggles: (this is adding 1 hit and about 7% for air throws in damage protected combos and 14% for regular combos since the game does not count them as part of a combo)

1. HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, spear, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, air throw, 10 hits 48%
2. HK, LP, JK, teleport punch, spear, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, air throw 10 hits 53%
3. jump punch starter, HK, LP, teleport punch, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, air throw 10 hits 55%

Advanced Juggles: (Harpoon makes corner combos easier to set up)
1. jump punch start, HK, LP, deep JK, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, JK, air throw 11hits 62%
2. (on male ninjas, Stryker, Sub, Jax, Kano etc) HK, LP, RH, teleport punch, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, JK, air throw 11hits 57%
3. aaRH, teleport punch, aaHP, aaHP, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, JK, air throw 11hits 62%
4. aa(HP,HP), teleport punch miss, aa(HP,HP), spear, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, air throw 11 hits 68%
5. jump punch starter, HK, D+LP, D+HP, spear, Run close to corner if already near, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, JK, air throw, 11 hits 65%
6. aaHP,HP, JK, teleport punch, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, JK, air throw 11 hits 68%
7. aaHP, HP, teleport punch whiff, aaHP, JK, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, JK, air throw 11 hits 78% (BP)

Corner punishers:
1. (very close to wall) aaHP,HP, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, RH, HK 9 hits 60%
2. (very close to wall) aaHP, RH, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, RH, HK 9 hits 71%
3. (very close to wall) aaRH, harpoon, HK, LP, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, RH, HK 11 hits 72%
4. (half screen distance from wall) aaHP,HP, JK, aaHP, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, RH, JK 11hits 83%
5. (sweep distance from wall) aaHP,HP, JK, RH, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, RH, HK 11hits 93%

You can add two HPs before the final JK, air throw to the Robot Ninjas, Jax, and Sub-zero, but it is very difficult to time, and two LPs on male ninjas, adding only 1% to the finished combo.

Wake up?... grin

Anyway, smoke has over 50% combo possiblities guaranteed off of a midscreen spear.. Examples?
MK2KungBroken
About Me
06/01/2006 06:52 AM (UTC)
vs anyone:
Spear, HK, LP, JK, Spear, HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, JK, air throw - 11 hits 57% some modifications are required to perform this on Shang Tsung and Sheeva, but the combo hit successio is possible on both of them.

An easier combo that works on everyone and is exactly 50.6% is:

Spear, HK, D+LP, D+HP, Spear, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, air throw
DAVE101
06/11/2006 02:15 AM (UTC)
Thank you, but for the JumpKick (after launcher), is it easier to go for the JK immediately or to arc it (late)?

Glitch canceling, is it possible to do it out of the corner? The only glitch canceling I've been able to do was with sub-zeros freeze, but is it possible to do it in the corner with pushback? (this would be like a double cancel). So for sub could you do something like HP,HP freeze?
MK2KungBroken
About Me
06/11/2006 06:16 AM (UTC)
On some characters, it is easier to walk forward, and jump to hit them as soon as you leave the ground, making them bounce up, and you hit the ground immediately after, like against Sindel for example.

As for corner glitch cancel, I have never once glitch canceled a single move in the corner (where pushback rules apply), I'm guessing it's not possible.
psykosonik
06/11/2006 09:05 AM (UTC)
its possible but not for everyone (probably, i'm not sure), i have gc with pushback once usub freeze and in selpex's vid kitana's wave punch (aaHP it says "Shang Tsung Wins" because it was morph and Wave Punch come after)
Hannibal00
06/11/2006 02:17 PM (UTC)
Thanks 4 the notes. Exactly when is the game going 2 b released?wow
F1stDaCuffS
About Me

TGB F1sT a.k.a F1sTDaCuffS/currently playing BF2,"GOD LIKE", STREET FIGHTER 2 hyper, 360 Zangief. i'm here if you want some!!!!

06/11/2006 07:43 PM (UTC)
smoke actually has a mid screen higher combo then that. your missing 2 moves.
psykosonik
06/12/2006 07:14 AM (UTC)
He listed everything in hsmoke guide, those are just examples.
MK2KungBroken
About Me
06/12/2006 07:46 AM (UTC)
Fist, go to page 1, click Human Smoke, and read. I am PWXShock on gamespot boards btw...
DAVE101
06/12/2006 03:44 PM (UTC)
Thanks for the explanation. So it is possible to glitch cancel in the corner, but [only] with moves that have a hit limit of zero so pushback rules don't apply. (kitana's fan lift).

[This is my point of view, since I won't be pulling off any miracles anytime soon]
Psykosonik, is that in volume 1 or 2? Can you give the time-frame as well?
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.