.:: Progressional Image: MK: Shaolin Monks - Mileena ::.
posted10/02/2005 11:19 PM (UTC)by
VenoMark
About Me

This is just a quick thirty-minute edit I did after seeing LipService13's Jade render. Inspiration is the shit until you've lost interest. If anybody has any respectable ideas for how her garb should look, whip them in my direction. God knows I'm not in any frame of mind to think of anything original myself right now, heh.
-A-nubis
09/26/2005 02:33 PM (UTC)
I somehow expected alot more from you then this... sad
UltimateRyu
09/26/2005 03:35 PM (UTC)
What's with the noob tactics? 1/10
JoRdANMan
09/26/2005 03:42 PM (UTC)
That it, i could do that in 1 min lol and it took u 30 mins. Sry but ur always raggin on noobs but its ture, this picture is just a color swap damn. Man i thought u did cool shit, u should have just stuck to fakes, atleast ur decent at doing those.
Libra
09/26/2005 04:37 PM (UTC)
Hmmmm.....i like what you did to her eyes smile.
I don't see it anymore.
VenoMark
09/26/2005 05:56 PM (UTC)
This is a progress update. It's not even close to complete. You people need to learn to fucking read. I know you expect a lot more from me with all the shit-talking I do, but my God, it says right in the Goddamned title that this is just a progressional image. I lost interest quite quickly, and had I not lost interest, it'd have had a lot more done to it. I know it's not great--yet--but it will get better. You can trust me on that.

And UltimateRyu, what "noob tactics" did I perform? Pallette swap, yeah; but it's not complete. I'll be doing a lot more to it once I gather together some time and let my inspiration take over.

Thanks for all the...honest criticism, but next time, please take into consideration all the shit I write. It'll help you in the long run. This goes for all of you, not just UltimateRyu.
balkcsiaboot
09/26/2005 06:13 PM (UTC)
They probably read it as "Professional" Image...
Ya know VenoMark, illiteracy IS a problem in the slums and trailer parks of America. Take it easy on them.
ess89
About Me
09/26/2005 09:48 PM (UTC)
I already did one. It's on the fansub forum.
VenoMark
09/26/2005 10:57 PM (UTC)
ess89 Wrote:
I already did one. It's on the fansub forum.

This...is the Fan Submissions forum. Goddamn, the users' intelligence here never ceases to amaze me. *sigh*

Is this supposed to make me put an end to my render? Yours isn't that impressive, and I'll critique it once I'm through here. I'm doing my own because I can. I won't stop just because you "already did one." Make some sort of attempt at critiquing this, instead of cluttering my thread with shit I already know. Thanks for the heads up, though, as much as it was pointless.
Nemesis316
09/26/2005 11:11 PM (UTC)
I'm actually digging it...simple as it may be. But then again, this is just the beginning, but right now it already even looks good. I love the eyes, definited fix up and touch up making it look more realistic. The eye shadow looks great. I know a pallette swap doesn't look like much, but you definetly picked a really good color for it.

My idea Venomark, take a look at Mk: D, MK:SM and MK2 versions of mileena, maybe you could fix up a version of those combined, or your own original design.

Anyway, I can't wait to see it finished, good luck man.

8.9/10
fedegita
09/27/2005 03:35 AM (UTC)
Hmm. I LOVE what you did with the eyes. I think those eyes and the hair on Ess's palletswap would look bloody brilliant. However, I think theres still too much blue in it, try to make it brighter purple like she had the the original MKII.
LipService13
09/27/2005 07:52 AM (UTC)
Hey Veno, would you ever want to team up and do a render sometime? If not, it's cool.

I'm not going to judge a progress report--I think it's useless to, but I will say that I see great potential in this. Can't wait to see the finished product.
JoRdANMan
09/27/2005 10:58 AM (UTC)
If u lost interest fast then what would make u think that we wouldnt too?
VenoMark
09/27/2005 08:14 PM (UTC)
LipService13 Wrote:
Hey Veno, would you ever want to team up and do a render sometime? If not, it's cool.

I'm not going to judge a progress report--I think it's useless to, but I will say that I see great potential in this. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Naturally, I'd love to tag team a render, but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon. I'm bouncing between two jobs right now, and have no clue what days I have off, or what days I work. I may be quitting one soon just to get some more free time, but I highly doubt that. If you have AIM, PM me with your screen name and I'll do the same in return.

I didn't expect a full-blown critique on just a progressional rendering. I just expected comments stating whether or not I should continue, or put an end to it altogether, though I don't imagine either vote would make any difference in my final decision, as the newbies like to throw bitchfits to get a name for themselves. But it's all in fun; they all recognize their status sooner or later.

JoRdANMan Wrote:
If u lost interest fast then what would make u think that we wouldnt too?

I'll acknowledge if only for the sheer fact that I'm not too fond of three hundred-pound warts squeezing my testicles to get my attention. What made me think that you wouldn't lose interest too fast is for the reason that you seem to get all greased up and ready for self-penetration over images that are in no way adequate enough to deserve any attention whatsoever. So, please, JoRdANMan, back off before I have to haul off and verbally bitch-slap you back into your mother's womb, where hopefully the miscarriage will take this time.
JimboLimbo
09/27/2005 10:56 PM (UTC)
VenoMark Wrote: So, please, JoRdANMan, back off before I have to haul off and verbally bitch-slap you back into your mother's womb, where hopefully the miscarriage will take this time.

And to think you said Ultimate Ryu couldn't take criticism...
JoRdANMan
09/27/2005 11:09 PM (UTC)
I'll acknowledge if only for the sheer fact that I'm not too fond of three hundred-pound warts squeezing my testicles to get my attention. What made me think that you wouldn't lose interest too fast is for the reason that you seem to get all greased up and ready for self-penetration over images that are in no way adequate enough to deserve any attention whatsoever. So, please, JoRdANMan, back off before I have to haul off and verbally bitch-slap you back into your mother's womb, where hopefully the miscarriage will take this time.

God!! Ur so cool lol nice comebacks, aww man haha. I love that first line that made me laugh, like like in a sarcatiic way. I dont really take internet seriously so i dont care, but seriously nice, for the first time where i dunno really what more so say other then to just drag this thread out going back and forth and getting all of topic, dont u hate when ppl do that shit its so fucking rude, if it gets to that then just pm each other lol. It was nice how u made it seem like u werent going to do any physical damage like those other morons, its the internet damn, but it still seemed threatening haha. So ur still cool in my book smile But really no offense stick to fakes, this picture is kinda boring and simple. I love ur fakes though they r some of the best with like Maxdam n shit.
VenoMark
09/27/2005 11:18 PM (UTC)
JimboLimbo Wrote:
VenoMark Wrote: So, please, JoRdANMan, back off before I have to haul off and verbally bitch-slap you back into your mother's womb, where hopefully the miscarriage will take this time.

And to think you said Ultimate Ryu couldn't take criticism...

It was in response to what he had said in the message prior. I thought, and again I was obviously mistaken, that your minds wouldn't be too wounded once you saw the big gray box above that comment. Go back to swinging your Fischer_Price light saber around and posing for us. That was hot.
GreatQueenSindel
09/27/2005 11:19 PM (UTC)
VenoMark Wrote:

This is just a quick thirty-minute edit I did after seeing LipService13's Jade render. Inspiration is the shit until you've lost interest. If anybody has any respectable ideas for how her garb should look, whip them in my direction. God knows I'm not in any frame of mind to think of anything original myself right now, heh.

cool I can do that but still looks tight.

can you like make her mask like "ghosted" if you know what I mean so you can see her teeth?
VenoMark
09/27/2005 11:29 PM (UTC)
GreatQueenSindel Wrote:
VenoMark Wrote:

cool I can do that but still looks tight.

can you like make her mask like "ghosted" if you know what I mean so you can see her teeth?

I had actually initinally planned on that, but I was messing around with her mask, and it turned out pretty well like this. However, I'll more than likely turn thr mask into more of a semi-translucent veil. I wasn't too happy with her MKD look, since they failed to reveal her true demeanor in either look..
ess89
About Me
09/28/2005 12:13 AM (UTC)
Would you have preferred me to say that my pic was on a different forum? Does the fact that I try to clarify where the picture is make my intelligence worth questioning? It amazes ME that some people are so readily able to criticize others in their posts.

As far as your pic is concerned, it looks kinda cool so far, but what can I say...as you have put it, it's a "progressional" image. I'll express my opinions on it when you are finished. It's a good start though. And by no means am I trying to discourage you to make it; rather I would love to see it finished. In fact, I am always interested in other people's takes on the same subject. I just thought that you might enjoy this too, which is why I posted that other reply in the first place.

Anyway, keep this pic up and it could be very good. I can tell that you are prepared to spend a long time on this, and you should be proud of that. I can't spend more than an hour or so on any one project, and that's my major drawback. Like I said before, good start.smile
Bad_Boy
About Me

09/28/2005 03:14 PM (UTC)
Nice. The eyes make her look evil.
Just as GreatQueenSindel said, make the mask "ghosted".
So, I know you said that you're busy, but when will you update it?
JimboLimbo
09/28/2005 04:58 PM (UTC)
VenoMark Wrote: Go back to swinging your Fischer_Price light saber around and posing for us. That was hot.

Riiiiiight...
VenoMark
09/28/2005 06:08 PM (UTC)
ess89 Wrote:
Would you have preferred me to say that my pic was on a different forum? Does the fact that I try to clarify where the picture is make my intelligence worth questioning? It amazes ME that some people are so readily able to criticize others in their posts.

As far as your pic is concerned, it looks kinda cool so far, but what can I say...as you have put it, it's a "progressional" image. I'll express my opinions on it when you are finished. It's a good start though. And by no means am I trying to discourage you to make it; rather I would love to see it finished. In fact, I am always interested in other people's takes on the same subject. I just thought that you might enjoy this too, which is why I posted that other reply in the first place.

Anyway, keep this pic up and it could be very good. I can tell that you are prepared to spend a long time on this, and you should be proud of that. I can't spend more than an hour or so on any one project, and that's my major drawback. Like I said before, good start.smile

My bad, dude. I've just been to stressed for my own good lately. I do sincerely apologize for attacking you the way I did. In no way did I truly mean to offend you. However, it probably would've helped to avoid confrontation by stating all this in your initial response. It's all good, though; at least, from my angle it is.

Bad_Boy Wrote:
Nice. The eyes make her look evil.
Just as GreatQueenSindel said, make the mask "ghosted".
So, I know you said that you're busy, but when will you update it?

No clue. I have so much on my plate now with work, personal issues that need immediate remedy, and a life I'm trying to re-form. I may do some editing tonight, but only God knows how that'll turn out. My focus has been a bit blurred these past several days.
GoatsAreCool
09/28/2005 06:39 PM (UTC)
The eyes are really cool. The mask doesn't look very veily, and doesn't she want to hide her teeth anyway?
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.