jtaylo
02/13/2006 09:43 PM (UTC)
let's also not forgot it's older brother, the statues that used to be in the MK II Tower stage

please tell me more about this.
Anyanka Wrote:
It's a tragedy. It's such a shame so few of us appreciate the finer things in MK like that carpet. See it's not just a simple carpet. It's an important part of the MK mythos and atmosphere. The carpet and the bank is a metaphor for the entire MK3 story. The blood red carpet in a bank symbolizes the capolitistic, materialistic greed of modern American society and how we will pay for our arrogance. We get rich and fat with our SUVs and cell phones oblivious to the dangers and problems in other parts of the world(represented in MK3 by Shao Kahn and Outworld). We ignored the warnings and look at what happened. The bank and it's carpet is an indictment of America's greed and a chilling prediction of things to come. I have a feeling it was removed because the symbolism was too deep and thought provoking for a video game in 1995. We just weren't ready for it.

let's also not forgot it's older brother, the statues that used to be in the MK II Tower stage

Carpet>All

I remember seeing the Tower statues before, but forgot. Then I was reminded by the MKII vid in MAT2.

Oh, that red carpet is the one I was talking about, not the one with the gold border, dreemernj.

Ka-Tra
justycist
02/14/2006 05:08 AM (UTC)
]{ you rock, this stuff is awesome. wink
Total-MK
About Me
[ Webmaster: Total Mortal Kombat | E-Mail Me ]

-- choose your destiny --
02/14/2006 02:05 PM (UTC)
]{0mbat is the heart and soul of MK Online. Great stuff man, you rule!
A true MK fan! Hopefully will get to see you at E3!

Regards,
Abismo
02/14/2006 05:29 PM (UTC)
Total-MK Wrote:
]{0mbat is the heart and soul of MK Online. Great stuff man, you rule!
A true MK fan! Hopefully will get to see you at E3!

Regards,

I totally agree. btw, I wish I could go to the E3.smile
DAVE101
02/15/2006 02:01 AM (UTC)
Muchacha? LOL where is that from?
Also, I don't understand why they took out 'ketchup's' homing missle and then decided to add it back in...
dreemernj
02/15/2006 02:11 AM (UTC)
I never realized the homing missile was taken out. When wasn't it in there?
Murdoink
02/15/2006 04:46 AM (UTC)
ALL HAIL THE RED CARPET
queve
02/15/2006 08:17 AM (UTC)
dreemernj Wrote:
I never realized the homing missile was taken out. When wasn't it in there?

It was finally added in MK Trilogy, but its not in Mk3-MkU.

Awesome! Thanks man. I have only managed tod download the Mk3 stuff (comercials, game, etc). It was cool.

Im about to finish the MKA movie scenes (firs you posted).
Sektors homing missile is in MK3 and UMK3, he only have a double normal missile in MKT extra !??

queve
02/15/2006 05:37 PM (UTC)
Hey Kombat, seriously, why isn’t this thread a sticky yet???

This thread disserves to be a sticky and remain up there along side the others. Its just as good and probably better. I love all those cool movie updates!

You should also create sticky thread in the Movies Forum that has this extra stuff. Many people actually visit that place, and not some many visit the classic forums now days.

Anyway, great stuff man, make this a sticky already and keep updating if you still have more.
DAVE101
02/15/2006 09:54 PM (UTC)
You'll have to excuse me, I got confused with the Double missle in trilogy. The homing missle was deffinitely in UMK3 and atleast the home versions of mk3 but I can't get it to work on MAT for some reason. Maybe it wasn't in the arcade version of mk3, but more likely MAT is just messed up.
dreemernj
02/15/2006 11:44 PM (UTC)
DAVE101 Wrote:
You'll have to excuse me, I got confused with the Double missle in trilogy. The homing missle was deffinitely in UMK3 and atleast the home versions of mk3 but I can't get it to work on MAT for some reason. Maybe it wasn't in the arcade version of mk3, but more likely MAT is just messed up.

I thought you meant some really early version of MK3 didn't have it. The homing missile was in all the revisions of MK3 and UMK3 in the arcade, and the home systems. Its even in the long video ]{ posted of gameplay on the extremely early version of it.
Mortalman
About Me
Death is the only way out...
02/16/2006 02:11 PM (UTC)
DAVE101 Wrote:

It is in MAT, too. Just try to do precisely halfcircle starting from forward (not downforward) and followed by HP.
DAVE101
02/16/2006 09:19 PM (UTC)
MAT MK3 is messed up though, I try to do an uppercut after cyrax's net, but 99% of the time it goes right through them and doesn't hit. I have never seen this with any other version.
jtaylo
02/16/2006 09:28 PM (UTC)
na. that's just the nature of the robot uppercut. It doesnt have a far reach. It's the same in mk3, umk3, and trilogy.
DAVE101
02/17/2006 12:16 AM (UTC)
no because the green net is suposed to bring them close to you until they can't come any closer, it's just for some reason when they're in the net it doesn't work most of the time. I have NEVER experiance it with trilogy.
dreemernj
02/17/2006 03:14 AM (UTC)
DAVE101 Wrote:
MAT MK3 is messed up though, I try to do an uppercut after cyrax's net, but 99% of the time it goes right through them and doesn't hit. I have never seen this with any other version.

Thats just how the arcade game is. Its like that in MK3 and UMK3. Nothing messed up about MAT.
krsx66
02/18/2006 09:26 PM (UTC)
Anyone else see the line between Art Lean and Johnny Cage in one of these vids:

Art: "Any last minute tips coach?"

Cage: "Yeah, get your mom to write you a note, and call in sick"

Man that was horrible, I'm glad they left it on the cutting room floor.
Wonder what else got cut? They should've released a new MK1 DVD (for the 10 year anniversary) with footage like that in it.
tabmok99
About Me

For the most in-depth, in-detail, Mortal Kombat lore analysis vids, there's only one source:

https://www.youtube.com/tabmok99

03/10/2006 06:07 AM (UTC)
Just added March 10:

MK4 Road Tour - 3/30/1999

By popular request, this thread has been stickied.
krsx66
03/10/2006 07:33 PM (UTC)
]{0MBAT Wrote:
Just added March 10:

Good stuff ]{.

See how they put all the emphasis and praise on the fluff in that video clip? Obviously after MKT they decided to put the focus on the graphics, backgrounds etc. I suppose 'cus by 1997 they were outta their depth in terms of the complexities of a fighting game, and the superflous stuff was all they could change.
dreemernj
03/10/2006 08:13 PM (UTC)
krsx66 Wrote:
]{0MBAT Wrote:
Just added March 10:

Good stuff ]{.

See how they put all the emphasis and praise on the fluff in that video clip? Obviously after MKT they decided to put the focus on the graphics, backgrounds etc. I suppose 'cus by 1997 they were outta their depth in terms of the complexities of a fighting game, and the superflous stuff was all they could change.

That and also the superfluous stuff could be added with much less testing. Add a cool background and as long it looks cool and doesn't crash the game you're good to go. If you want to develop a new aspect of gameplay or stick in a new move, you need to test that a whole lot with different game testers that are good at playing the game or else it will end up broken as hell.
krsx66
03/13/2006 04:08 AM (UTC)
dreemernj Wrote:

That and also the superfluous stuff could be added with much less testing. Add a cool background and as long it looks cool and doesn't crash the game you're good to go. If you want to develop a new aspect of gameplay or stick in a new move, you need to test that a whole lot with different game testers that are good at playing the game or else it will end up broken as hell.

Lol yeah, the MK team love to test there games. The crack team of testers included what, two people for MK3? (I think we see them in one of ]{'s vids)
serreno
03/13/2006 10:04 PM (UTC)
The files I had downloaded wont work?
For example by the media release mk 3. I see the strat the midway logo etc en the the words there is no knowledge that is no power and this wil keep on the hole 15 minutes

queve
03/17/2006 03:08 PM (UTC)
]{0MBAT Wrote:
Just added March 10:

I cant believe I missed this update!

* me will start to download in 5 minutes.

Its great this was sticked.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.