Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 6 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • December 14th, 2018
    Best Buy Remove Liu Kang & Sub-Zero From MK11 Listing [Read On]
  • December 13th, 2018
    Record Speedrunner Beats MK3 In Under 5 Minutes [Read On]
  • December 13th, 2018
    Todd McFarlane Thinks Spawn Will Be in Mortal Kombat 11 [Read On]
  • December 13th, 2018
    Cinemassacre Ponders Shouting Mortal Kombat Kid [Read On]
  • December 12th, 2018
    James Wan Comments On MK Movie Delays [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

MK11 Trailer MVP?
Raiden (30.2%)
Scorpion (17.7%)
Shao Kahn (22.9%)
Mystery Character (29.1%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat (2011)

Discussing Mortal Kombat (2011) and Komplete Edition (2012).
Page of 2

Mick-LuciferPosted: 02/11/2011 06:30 AMStatus ::
Mortal Kombat: Songs Inspired by the Warriors

It was in 1993, on the back of the success of the original Mortal Kombat, that two Belgian electronica artists set about creating a dance anthem inspired by the game. Techno Syndrome, in it's varied mixes, has gone on to be one of the most memorable novelty songs of it's time, popularized through use in the 1995 Mortal Kombat feature film [coming to BluRay in April], as well as television marketing for home console release of the games prior to the movie, and pop culture references following. It was even included as bonus material in Sega CD releases of the game.

Oliver Adams and Maurice Engelen (Praga Khan) -- who were well known at the time for their work as part of the Industrial Techno collective, Lords of Acid -- were tapped by Virgin Records America to produce a complete concept album as soundtrack to the game as The Immortals.

Mortal Kombat: The Album was released subsequently in 1994, featuring ten original tracks inspired by the game and it's seven playable characters. Shang Tsung was notably the only character to go without a song; the rest of the cast, (including famous sub-boss, Goro), benefitting from high energy dance tracks, with descriptive titles and lyrics based on characters' biographies. Original tracks, Techno Syndrome and Hypnotic House, even boast soundbytes from the Sega version of the game, said to have been provided for the album.

In 2011, Warner Brothers' WaterTower Music will team with Teenage Riot Records to continue this MK musical tradition, producing a soundtrack for a new generation and a new game -- Mortal Kombat: Songs Inspired by the Warriors!

Liu Kang's ThemeMileena's ThemeSub-Zero's Theme

Executive produced by Teenage Riot co-founder, JFK (of MSTRKRFT); the album is set to provide a contemporary take on the soundtrack concept, providing a more subtle source of inspiration in the mix, drawing from various styles to deliver an album of tracks "Inspired by the Warriors".

A complete tracklisting is yet to be made available, but music from the album has already been featured in character vignettes for Mileena, and most recently, Liu Kang. These singles, performed by Tokimonsta and Congorock, have been made avaialble for pre-release download on Amazon ($0.99) and iTunes ($1.29), along with Sub-Zero's theme.

Update: WaterTower Music have issued a press release for the new singles, confirming an album release date April 5. No additional information is provided concerning the complete tracklist.

WaterTower Music and Teenage Riot Records are excited to announce the upcoming album Mortal Kombat: Songs Inspired by the Warriors. Set for release this spring, this all-new collection of music is executive produced by JFK (of the innovative DJ/production duo MSTRKRFT and Death From Above 1979) and is made up of songs inspired by the iconic warriors from the acclaimed fighting game Mortal Kombat. JFK has hand selected songs by some of electronic music’s most resonant names, and the resulting compilation plays as a cohesive album that adds an engaging element to the latest edition of the iconic video game.

Mortal Kombat Online will endeavor to bring you more details about the album, set for release in April, as information becomes available. Keep abreast of all the latest news and stories by following us on Twitter @MK_Online!

SirojPosted: 02/11/2011 07:49 AMStatus ::

Visits::3790
Nationality::Belgium
RE: Mortal Kombat: Songs Inspired by the Warriors

Go Belgium!

MINIONPosted: 02/11/2011 08:08 AMStatus ::

Visits::11469
Nationality::United States

nice.

Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
LokheitPosted: 02/11/2011 08:30 AMStatus ::

Visits::2707
Nationality::Spain

Nice but, how is that sub-Z's theme (spanish name :D) is double the time of the others? Ò.ó

skillzPosted: 02/11/2011 08:34 AMStatus ::

Visits::4522
Nationality::Netherlands

kangs theme is wicked!

http://www.congorock.com/tag/liu-kangs-theme/

The vibe, oriental sounds is what makes this one more MKísh.

-
seanayPosted: 02/11/2011 09:08 AMStatus ::

Visits::9293
Nationality::United Kingdom

I loved Mileena's

Subby is good for a rave.... but who goes to them now-a-days lol

Liu's is mehh

i will wait fo the Album.... i wonder if most these songs will be in the game

SirojPosted: 02/11/2011 09:21 AMStatus ::

Visits::3790
Nationality::Belgium

It's a shame that none of the KE's came with that OST. I would have rather had that CD than the statue.

JAX007Posted: 02/11/2011 09:44 AMStatus ::

Visits::8581
Nationality::Canada

Love all 3 tracks but my favourite is Liu's. Looking forward to the album!

quevePosted: 02/11/2011 09:46 AMStatus ::

Visits::4110
Nationality::Bolivia

Awesome article, Mick!

I can't wait for this album and I can't believe I'm actually typing that. It feels like I'm going back to 1992 when those original warrior songs were released in MK's very own soundtrack.

Wicked.

I've yet to listen to Sub-Zero's, but, judging by the good quality of Mileena's and Liu's, I expect something really good.

Oh, you guys just have to check this out:

Special Guest singer: JOhnny Cage (yummy!)

mkdfanPosted: 02/11/2011 11:08 AMStatus ::

Visits::8539
Nationality::England

I think Mileena's is the only good one.
It sounds like her. Sinister.

I don't know how Sub-Zero = whatever that is?

AJBluePosted: 02/11/2011 11:46 AMStatus ::

Visits::5711

LOL..."Helado" means ice cream in Spanish. Maybe that's what they were going for (humor), but if they wanted to say "sub-zero" it should have been "bajo cero."

And nothing will beat (for getting "stuck the in head's sake") "Ohhhhhh, Chinese ninja warrior, with your heart so cold...Sub-Zerooooo. Ohhhh, your life is a mystery, why do you wear that mask. Sub-Zerooooo."

quevePosted: 02/11/2011 11:50 AMStatus ::

AJBlue Wrote:
LOL..."Helado" means ice cream in Spanish. Maybe that's what they were going for (humor), but if they wanted to say "sub-zero" it should have been "bajo cero."

Well, "Helado" also means "cold" or "freezing" and it's used to refer to something as a cold:

Esta helado afuera = It's cold outside.

djerenPosted: 02/11/2011 12:01 PMStatus ::

Visits::1441

U know what. Im gonna make a track for sub-zero myself.

LynxFATEPosted: 02/11/2011 12:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::1666

I don't know...I didn't really like any of them, especially Mileena's.

LokheitPosted: 02/11/2011 01:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::2707

As I posted on the "not official thread":

I heard some blizzard sound on the subby sample, anyone heard the 7 minutes of the song? Maybe at some point it breaks an is really cool... you have 7 minutes of song to at least make some part matching (and as I said, I think they added blizzard sound effects).

About the name, as Queve said, it's not ice cream but clod or frozen. Maybe Congelado could have been a better election in order to avoid the ice cream misinterpretation.

Ion3008Posted: 02/11/2011 01:59 PMStatus ::

Visits::8799

I love the Mileena theme and I'm liking the Liu Kang theme but the Sub-zero theme is meh it's got an ok middle but the beginning sucks and the ending isn't that great either.

subzero2gPosted: 02/11/2011 02:21 PMStatus ::

Visits::167

for who can't wait for the cd to come out here is the three tracks released so far , mileena's the best though (link removed for copyright)

Edited By: ThePredator151

sub zero Pictures, Images and Photos Mortal Kombat Finish Him Swirling Logo Pictures, Images and Photos scorpion finished Pictures, Images and Photos
Dragon Points:
ShinomunePosted: 02/11/2011 02:26 PMStatus ::

Visits::8727

queve Wrote:

AWESOME!

quevePosted: 02/11/2011 02:45 PMStatus ::

Shinomune Wrote:
queve Wrote:

AWESOME!

I know, right?

I was pleasantly surprised.

Espio872Posted: 02/11/2011 02:45 PMStatus ::

Visits::1075

queve Wrote:
Awesome article, Mick!

I can't wait for this album and I can't believe I'm actually typing that. It feels like I'm going back to 1992 when those original warrior songs were released in MK's very own soundtrack.

Wicked.

I've yet to listen to Sub-Zero's, but, judging by the good quality of Mileena's and Liu's, I expect something really good.

OMG I love you for posting this video haha and I concur

In relation to the Soundtrack, very excited, this will probably be the first album I've bought in ages since that Mase CD in 2001 haha. I haven't heard much of them, but I love Liu Kang's and Mileena's so far.

ThePredator151Posted: 02/11/2011 02:58 PMStatus ::

Visits::1551

I like these alot more than I normally would expect myself to. I usually don't take to the actual album material. I've always preferred the in-game music. The games' main themes, certain arenas, definitely the Konquest modes, and of course the Krypts music are usually more interesting to me.

This is good though.

The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
- Lead Graphic Designer - Mortal Kombat Online -

:G-play :Story :F-Design :Cutout :Get Sig :Raiden :Fans [1] [2] :#LegendaryArts
Mick-LuciferPosted: 02/11/2011 03:04 PMStatus ::

Visits::20044

Be sure to note the update to the story concerning release date.
Unfortunately, the press release only reiterates the details MKO already reported in this story, and in the original Mileena post, last month.

Better The Devil you know...
MK Online Forums: Share your interests, broaden your horizons and support the kommunity with discussion forums for every topic. "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."
Trini_BwoiPosted: 02/11/2011 03:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::2088
Nationality::Trinidad and Tobago

Does Sub-Zero's track get better? It's not too impressive based on the preview...

OptimusGrimePosted: 02/11/2011 03:11 PMStatus ::

Visits::1397

Those tracks aren't bad, but it's disappointing that they've dropped the goofball vibe of the old Immortals songs.

WarriorPrincessPosted: 02/11/2011 03:42 PMStatus ::

Visits::1343

Sub-Zero's theme doesn't pair well with him in my opinion.

Liu Kang's theme is fitting! And Mileena's of course is great.

More than anything I wanna hear the themes for Kitana, Jade,
& Sindel. But my guess is they aren't gonna pre-release any
more themes other than Scorpion and perhaps Johnny Cage.

Page of 2

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.