posted01/17/2008 11:46 PM (UTC)by
Shinnok-fan64
About Me

Talk abotu anything Shinnok in this thread.......Shinnok RULES!grin
UlcaTron
01/23/2007 09:56 PM (UTC)
Trust Me I know lol!

He is my favorite evil character.
And I dont know what to say so I will wait for someone to say something and I will then go along...confused i like the Emoticon lol
scorpion_s2
01/24/2007 12:12 AM (UTC)
Shinnok..........IS AWSESOME!

hes probably my 2nd best character in the game hehehehe confused
matthewhaddad
01/24/2007 02:35 AM (UTC)
Shinnok.. err.. I am fairly indifferent towards the character.

For a God, he always struck me as a little weak, especially since his amulet contained his power. Shouldnt a God control all of his own power? Not sure what is up with that...

Also, he stole the awesome Kuo Shou from Jade. Not cool. I guess it makes me want to use him more in MKA, but I liked it a lot more on Jade. He should have taken Fan Zi.

I dunno... he just never stood out and he wasnt a good boss in MK4. I like him as an ordinary character in MKA though. He is an alright character IMO, and I would like to see him live on to the next gen and become a bigger threat. The way Raiden is playing him in MKA is interesting too.
Skuntac
About Me

01/24/2007 03:15 AM (UTC)
i like shinnok alot but not tracking sidesteppers is a BIG flaw and costs me matches.
__RyRy__
01/24/2007 04:15 AM (UTC)
Shitnnok mk4 sucked i thin k but MKA he is tiightgrin
UlcaTron
01/24/2007 09:41 PM (UTC)
I just LOVE Shinnok I am one of his best top fans!

Though ShinnokFan64 probably likes him more than I do...confusedconfused
Sub-Zero_7th
01/25/2007 12:53 AM (UTC)
Shinnok is a character who was kind of a cool villain back in MKM: SZ, but he sucked in MK4/MKG. I was intrigued about his return in MKA, and his return made me like the character a lot. He looks much better now, and I really like his alt. costume look, which was supposed to be his primary costume.

He has a very interesting story, and I think that maybe, he has some potential for next-gen MKs. In terms of gameplay, I've read he was low tier in MK4 and MKG while in MKA, he's high-mid tier offline and top tier online.

I like the Amulet Staff that he wields though perhaps he could've used it differently.

Kuo Shou is not only STILL spelled incorrectly, but it still doesn't make that much sense. Yes, some will say that this is MK and that things aren't really supposed to make sense, but I find that argument to be kinda silly and illogical in itself. Kuo Shou is supposed to be spelled Kuo Shu or Guo Shu, which means "national art". Simply put, it is basically yet ANOTHER of the many, many, many broad terms to refer to Chinese styles of hand to hand combat. It is not a specific style on its on.

I think for a fitting style, he could use something like Wuji Quan (Emptiness/Void Boxing).

For his special moves, I think they're cool though I don't really like to use Tricky Portal as I find it to be slow, unsafe, and not all that useful. I'd like to see him have a portal type move that neutralizes projectiles and a portal type move that teleports the opponent.

Overall, Shinnok is an improved character, and I like how he's the mastermind in setting up the events for Armageddon.
sextor
03/06/2007 10:02 PM (UTC)
Shinnok is strongest person on the game after all he did drain all the power from the nether realm.
Bassua255
About Me

Do you smell what the Nok is kookin'?

03/29/2007 08:39 PM (UTC)
Shinnok is the greatest and I see NOTHING wrong with him...From what I know...he CREATED that Amulet that causes so much trouble, He is a Fallen Elder God who rules the Netherrealm, and from what I'm reading in Bios from MKA, He is STILL causing MASSIVE trouble for people and has Alliances with Quan Chi, Onaga and Raiden...He overthrough Lucifer (I know he had Quan Chi's help), He has a group who worships him Including (or formerly including) Noob Saibot, Sareena, Kia, Jataaka, Reiko and Ashrah, and he can Impersonate everyones moves...He's a complete monster with AND without his Amulet...

SHINNOK RULES!confused
JadedReign
04/18/2007 08:52 PM (UTC)

Shinnok is my favorite bad guy in the Mortal Kombat series.

His character design and story is appealing to me and I hope he is further devloped in future MK games.

In MK4/MKG he was pretty crappy because he was just a move-copier and had NO special moves of his own, unlike Shang Tsung.

In MKA, however, he got a decent fighting and weapon style and his own powers, which was awesome.

Kuo Shou is a good style that is unpredictable because of the sneaky low/mid/high hits. Albeit very limited in combos, it is good for chipping your opponent with single strikes, frustrating the hell out of them.

Amulet Staff has the same moves as Sindel's Kwan Dao...which is versatile, has some good reach, and good combos (especially jugglers).

Special Moves:

Judgement Fist - I can compare this to Reiko's throwing stars in that both push back the opponent and both are slow to execute. However, Reiko's is slower and can push back the opponent even if they block. It's okay, but don't rely on it too often.

Tricky Portal - Also very slow...and can lead to some nasty punishment. Do not recommend.

Summoned Fiend - His best move, bar none. Surprisingly fast and unblockable. Can be used as followup to his throw and on the opponent who's waiting for you to come close so they can do a wakeup move. But if you miss, be prepared to take punishment.

Shinnok is best used as a sneaky fighter with precise strikes rather than an all-out assault unit like Shao Kahn. All of his specials are easily punishable, so use them sparingly.

redman
04/20/2007 01:46 AM (UTC)
I love shinnok, he's one of my favorite evil characters. Allow i suck with him in MKA.confused
DarkSorcerer
01/15/2008 03:46 PM (UTC)
I would like to know, is Shinnok classed as a sorcerer or what?

Because he has like magic powers, and he isn't a god, but I haven't read anything that classes him as a sorcerer.

So is he?
Subzero_5th
01/17/2008 11:46 PM (UTC)
Well, Shinnok is no longer an Elder God since he was banished but since he studies magical powers and ancient artifacts he is above a Sorcerer (Same thing with Kahn)
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.