Official Ermac thread!
posted06/20/2008 08:48 PM (UTC)by
mkflegend
Well, here's the place for all hardcore Ermac fans or fans that like Ermac to post!.

I must say that he's one of my favorite MK characters ever created since his rumors in the oldschool days before becoming an actual playable character and making his debut in UMK3.

I've always loved this character, his powers are awesome and one of the best in the MK universe IMO.

The most badass ninja hands down if you ask me and could defeat most of the MK cast as well.He's also one of the best characters to use in UMK3 and can own just about anyone, and he's very good in the newer MK's as well in MK:D and MK:A.

I've always had a huge passion for Ermac and really fell in love with the character once his revamped appearance in MK:D.He hasn't been in an MK game since UMK3 and I must say when I saw his revamped look like many I was astonished as well as extremely happy with his new look followed by the sweet storyline.

Ermac is simply badass, honorable and good.I really hope his ending is canon for a few interesting reasons such as perhaps some different characters forming new roles in the future as "The Ermacs"

Say have 3 Ermacs in MK8 for example, Ermac(Red) with TK powers.A another one with more psi-like powers and perhaps another.They can do many things with his storyline if his MK:A ending is indeed Canon for sure.

If it's not, then bring him back for sure as the same character only to evolve since his storyline IMO is very important and I feel if anyone should, he should be the new leader of Light.

He's done a lot since his release of tyranny and kahn's control.

Here's to Ermac, one of the best MK characters ever created.Cheers!grin
Shinnok-fan64
02/03/2007 03:11 AM (UTC)
i love ermac. since his arrival in UMK3, (althogh technically i didn't play as him until MKT since i never playe UMK3), i always was intrigued by his persona. He was evil, yet he was created by many warrior souls where some might have been good. I loved him, hated that he wasn;t in a new MK game until MKD. In his arrival in MKD, he got a revamped look; it looked great! His special attacks are better and more fluid, and just overall more fun to play as. His story is as great as ever, but now he's good!

All in all, he's my fav ninja, and i hope to see more of him in MK8.smile
scorpionspupil
02/03/2007 03:14 AM (UTC)
ermac has rapidly become onreof my favorite characters over the last year or so, he is such a great character, if he isn't revisited again in the future i will be upset because of all the MK characters Ermac has the most that he could bring to the table for future games

wow MKF we finally agree on something, maybe we should mark this day?
XiahouDun84
02/03/2007 03:20 AM (UTC)
Ermac's cool.

He didn't impress me much in UMK3. The idea of his character seemed cool...a fusion of dead souls in one body....but beyond that I didn't think much of him. He was just another ninja and didn't like using him that much.
But I always figured he could be improved with a good revamp.

And we got that revamp in Deception. He now his own cool look and I actually like playing as him now. I also like what they did with his story...turning good and referring to himself as "we" is a nice touch.
Only thing that bugged me was his ending. I hated that they freed the other heroes like nothing happened, and I hated that they made Ermac look way too powerful. But I can forgive...how exactly he and Liu Kang freed the heroes is open to interpretation.

I'm looking forward to his Armageddon bio and what he's going to be doing there. But I hope to God his ending doesn't happen. Ermac is fine as he is and ONE Ermac is perfectly fine. I have absolutely no interest in seeing the souls he's made off split up....ESPECIALLY into playable characters.
The idea of being a fusion of a bunch of souls is fairly unique...I'd prefer Ermac to keep that aspect of his character.

If his ending doesn't happen...which I hope it doesn't...I can see Ermac developing into one of the main heroes, like how Sub-Zero did. Maybe not THE main hero...but one of them. I can see him setting himself up as Outworld's defender in the next generation of games, fighting to make sure Outworld is never threatened or becomes a threat again.

I like Ermac. Not necesarily one of my top favorites, but I can see good things for him in the future if he's developed right.
GraveDigger
02/03/2007 03:20 AM (UTC)
To me, Ermac rivals Scorpion in awesomeness...which is ironic since Ermac started off as a Scorpion glitch.

But really, Ermac was pretty much created by the Mortal Kombat fans. And I believe that "being made of a legion of souls" is a metaphor for us fans. We are Ermac!
mkflegend
02/03/2007 05:04 AM (UTC)
GraveDigger Wrote:
To me, Ermac rivals Scorpion in awesomeness...which is ironic since Ermac started off as a Scorpion glitch.

But really, Ermac was pretty much created by the Mortal Kombat fans. And I believe that "being made of a legion of souls" is a metaphor for us fans. We are Ermac!

An interesting view concerning Ermac.

X, I see is very against the idea of his ending in MK:A.That's fine, I kind of feel split about it.One side of me wants it to be true, another doesn't because I'll miss the old Ermac.Know what I mean?

Scorpionspupil, lol sure dude feel free to mark it down.

Hell yeah man, Ermac is awesome!

I'd like to see him become the new leader personally.

I would put up these candidates as new leader in my book for future MK games MK8+

Ermac
Sub-Zero
Johnny Cage
Kung Lao
Sonya
Kitana
Jade

New mentor and guide:-Fujin.smileLiu Kang and Raiden just aren't the same anymore, they've both been corrupted by evil.Liu Kang I'm sure will be saved some how, but Raiden I don't know to be honest.
Sub-Zero_7th
02/03/2007 04:44 PM (UTC)
I pretty much agree with everything XiahouDun84 said about Ermac. I didn't want his MKD ending to happen (even though it did), and I don't want his MKA ending to happen (which I doubt it will).

Back then, I don't really remember my opinion of Ermac. I liked using him, but I didn't think much of him.

His return in MKD with the major revamp was fucking awesome, and he's now amongst my favorites.

In terms of gameplay, he was quite good back in UMK3 and MKT. In MKD and MKA, he's mid tier-ish.

For his styles, I'd like to see him with Yi Quan (Mind Boxing) and Choy Li Fut. He doesn't need a weapon, imo.

His specials are decent. I wish his projectile would be faster and have a better recovery time.

Overall, Ermac is a character I'd love to see in the next-gen MKs, and I hope his story will go in the kind of direction that XiahouDun84 talked about.
m0s3pH
About Me

Mortal Kombat Online - Community Manager

| Twitch | YouTube | Lawful Chaos |

Signature and avatar by ThePredator151

02/03/2007 04:56 PM (UTC)
Well, pretty much everything I could say has been said by the above posters, but I liked his MKD ending making him look like some super being. Made me happy watching Ermac kick so much ass at once.
mkflegend
02/06/2007 10:41 PM (UTC)
Yeah, got to love Error Macro lol.

But yeah, Ermac also according to most on here is the second most popular ninja in this point in time.

Look at Predators voting thread, out of all the ninjas Sub-Zero and Ermac were the top two.grinSweet!!
crackhead-ermac
02/14/2007 05:17 PM (UTC)
he was the first character i played with in mkt mkd an mka i really hope we get to see him in future mk games hes just way too cool of a character to let go of!
Ninja_Mime
02/14/2007 05:30 PM (UTC)
Ermac was nothing but another ridiculous pallette swap in UMK3, and now he's just a Kenshi rip-off. I've always hated him.
GraveDigger
02/14/2007 05:58 PM (UTC)
No, Kenshi is an Ermac rip-off.

Wears black and red, has telekinesis, enigmatic... yeah, sounds about right.
I was hooked on the idea that they were going to reveal that Kenshi was really Ermac in MK:D... until MK:D came out. I was so happy that Ermac was a seperate character.
crackhead-ermac
02/14/2007 06:44 PM (UTC)
wanna know whats really ridiculous
you got ninja in your name yet you hate ninjas
sounds pretty ridiculous to me!grin
XiahouDun84
02/14/2007 06:51 PM (UTC)
crackhead-ermac Wrote:
wanna know whats really ridiculous
you got ninja in your name yet you hate ninjas
sounds pretty ridiculous to me!grin

His name is a reference to Cyrax.

Ermac and Kenshi are not rip-offs of each other. Yes, they both have telekinesis as a power....but sharing a power does not make characters rip-offs of one another. That's like saying Thor is a rip-off of Superman because they can both fly.

Conceptually and in terms of appearance, Kenshi and Ermac are fairly unique from each other. And they even acknowledged them both having the same Telekinetic Slam in the storyline.
Sub-Zero_7th
02/14/2007 07:06 PM (UTC)
Ninja_Mime Wrote:
Ermac was nothing but another ridiculous pallette swap in UMK3, and now he's just a Kenshi rip-off. I've always hated him.

That doesn't make any sense, whatsoever...
Ninja_Mime
02/14/2007 07:19 PM (UTC)
Yes, they said that Ermac taught Kenshi how to use his powers, but essentially in gameplay, Ermac is a copy of Kenshi.
XiahouDun84
02/14/2007 07:39 PM (UTC)
Ninja_Mime Wrote:
Yes, they said that Ermac taught Kenshi how to use his powers, but essentially in gameplay, Ermac is a copy of Kenshi.

How? Ermac has had telekinetic moves since his first appearance. If they had brought him back and not made Kenshi at all, he still would've had those moves.

This is like saying Reiko ripped off Li Mei's Carnival Kick in MKA...even though he had that exact move in MK4.
mkflegend
02/15/2007 12:05 AM (UTC)
Ninja_Mime Wrote:

yeah, if anything man Kenshi is an Ermac ripoff speaking as how Ermac was here first.grin but Kenshi is cool.
QueenSindel(TheBitch)
02/15/2007 07:25 AM (UTC)
Ermac was my favorite male ninja from the 2D MK games because of his telekinesis, but now I begrudge him because he stole Sindel's floating move. His "Mystic Float," or whatever the fuck it's called, belonged to Sindel in MKD cuz everyone knows one of her signature moves is floating during combat.

Now I think Ermac is a souped up bitch. I spit in his fucking ugly face!!!
Sub-Zero_7th
02/15/2007 10:36 AM (UTC)
Ninja_Mime Wrote:

Actually, Ermac simply taught Kenshi the Telekinetic Slam.

In gameplay, they are much different from each other. You'd have to be pretty ignorant of their gameplay styles to say that Ermac's gameplay is essentially a copy of Kenshi's.
mkflegend
02/16/2007 02:45 AM (UTC)
QueenSindel(TheBitch) Wrote:
Ermac was my favorite male ninja from the 2D MK games because of his telekinesis, but now I begrudge him because he stole Sindel's floating move. His "Mystic Float," or whatever the fuck it's called, belonged to Sindel in MKD cuz everyone knows one of her signature moves is floating during combat.

Now I think Ermac is a souped up bitch. I spit in his fucking ugly face!!!

Bahhh, Ermac>>>Sindel.

I love ya girl but sorry.... Ermac owns Sindel with his cherry popping finger alone tongue if he wanted.Had to make that comment just for you hehe.

Sindel is alright though, I love her kinky look.

Ermac still has his TK powers, just has more moves in the later games then just the slam.I love it.grin

But for the record, those two moves are a little different.Sindel just levitated and looked pretty flying back and forth.I always though it was kind of pointless to be honest where Ermac's MKD and MKA levitation moves are actually useful, you can mix up the ground slam with the TK kick and when done wisely can be really annoying.I use Ermac a lot in MKD and MKA, it works hehe.

I do like Sindel's air fireball though, that move was a lot more useful personally in MK3/UMK3.

Ninja_Mime
02/16/2007 04:39 PM (UTC)
Whatever. Kenshi still shits all over Ermac and his stupid name.
scorpionspupil
02/17/2007 01:03 AM (UTC)
Ninja_Mime Wrote:
Whatever. Kenshi still shits all over Ermac and his stupid name.
quit being a shit disturber, if you have such a bif problem start a thread like that "sign here if you hate Reiko" thread

oh wait that pretty much turned into "the official Reiko thread", why don't you start a kenshi thread, will that make you feel better?
mkflegend
02/17/2007 04:13 AM (UTC)
Not to turn this into a Kenshi vs. Ermac war thread but Ermac would rape him in a to the death battle.

I think most would agree to that despite how you feel about either of them.
crackhead-ermac
02/17/2007 11:35 PM (UTC)
you know ermac won a award!

see its right in my icon
glasses
Pages: 5
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.