Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.3%)
Jade (42.6%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.2%)
Freddy Krueger (9.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]
  • December 7th, 2017
    Atom Battles Black Manta in Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • November 28th, 2017
    Captain Marvel Almost Returned in Injustice Fighter Pack 0 [Read On]
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

3D Kombat Klassics

Discussing the 3D MK Klassics: Everything from MK4 to Armageddon.
Page of 2

~Crow~Posted: 02/13/2007 09:20 PMStatus ::
Midway Posts Rains Bio From Mortal Kombat: Armageddon!

Midway has posted a new bio from MK: Armageddon today! The elusive and mysterious character Rain has some light shed on his history and future. Mysteries revealed include the truth of the realm of Edenia's inhabitants, Rain's alliance with Quan Chi and his role in the future of his homelands. However, this bio is notably shorter than the previous offerings from the MK team's writing staff. Much of Rain's history, especially between his appearance in MK: Trilogy and present day, are left to speculation:

The Edenian race is descended from the gods. That is the reason for our longevity, our nobility, and our strength. But I am more than a distant relation to the deities of old. I am a direct descendant of Argus himself. Only recently have I discovered my royal heritage. Quan Chi, an emissary of Shinnok, revealed to me that I am entitled to great power — and control of Edenia. My father hid my identity for fear it would complicate his plans for succession. He favored his sons Daegon and Taven and groomed them to one day replace him as Protector of Edenia. But he foolishly tied this plan to a quest to save the realms from Armageddon, leaving open an opportunity for me to seize the power that is rightfully mine. Though it seems the Forces of Light seek to steal the prize from me, Quan Chi has made plans to assure my victory. He and his allies will help fend off the Forces of Light as I make my way to Blaze. But before this final battle, I must ensure that Taven and Daegon cannot challenge my ascension. I will finish them both before they complete their quest.

To see the original page which this bio is posted, click here.

Thanks to forum member Major_kenny for sending in the newslead first.

quevePosted: 02/13/2007 09:23 PMStatus ::

Visits::4110
Nationality::Bolivia
RE: Midway Posts Rains Bio From Mortal Kombat: Armageddon!

What? We wait so much for a small bio like this?

I thought the MK team, Boon and Vogel (whoever) had finally decided to have written bios like they should had always been in Mk, big, detailed, and long, just like all the ones we have been getting so far. I was so sick of the small bios, since Mk2 (even made threads about this here during MKDA), they always left us wondering and hoping for more depth and detail, more personality in the characters, etc (not all obviously, but the majority), and finally in MKA we get great long bios…but this one, this might mean they haven’t really decided to leave the short bios in the past.

So anyways, I had hopes to read bios from forgotten characters like Rain, Sheeva, Reiko, etc, that would be long and gave us loads of depth about this characters that DISSERVE depth, but this one is not so good.

*The bad*

* Its way too short.
* Theres no mention where he has been all this years. What has he been doing?
* What happened to his relation with Kahn and the other minions?
* Did he betray his superior?
* Quan Chi and Shinnok are seriously working together again….how very annoying.

*The good*

* It explains nicely how its possible that the Edenians live so much.
* He is involved with Quan Chi.
* We don’t know if he is being fooled.
* His ending makes sense, and it was actually one of the best ones because of the new info about him.
* He is not under the other classic Edenians shadow like I feared he would be.

I like how Quan Chi seems to be using him, Rain is obviously being manipulated, its cool.

It really sucks that after getting high hopes to read a nice long bio that explains that very intriguing ending Rain had, that we get such a short bio with no real new information or excitement.

So, is he the yongest, oldest, or the middle brother?

XiahouDun84Posted: 02/13/2007 09:28 PMStatus ::

Visits::14274
Nationality::United States

I like that it delves into Edenia's origins. Good that it reveals how Rain figured out he was Argus' son and why he's running around claiming he's a Prince of Edenia.

Problem is it's very short and doesn't fill in the gap between UMK3 and now. Did any part of his ending happen? Did Kitana turn him against Shao Kahn? Did he even attempt his suicide mission against Shao Kahn? Where the hell's he been all this time?

There should've had more to this.

Sindel_FanPosted: 02/13/2007 09:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::5189
Nationality::Canada

Third...

Too short!

EunosPosted: 02/13/2007 09:33 PMStatus ::

Visits::2704
Nationality::United Kingdom

Could have done with being abit Longer i must say.

Not bad but could have used abit more Detail

8 Down 54 To go.

Sub-Zero_7thPosted: 02/13/2007 09:43 PMStatus ::

Visits::19142

Yeah, I agree with what's been said. It's too short and doesn't explain what's happened to him since Kahn's invasion of Earthrealm back in MK3.

One thing that I wonder about are the Edenians themselves. Ok, so they are descended from the gods, thus their longevity and things like that. What about people from Outworld, Seido, Chaosrealm, etc.? They seem to have the kind of longevity people from Edenia do. Are they also descended from gods? Also, how did the descension from the gods produce mortals?

VENOMOUS75Posted: 02/13/2007 10:15 PMStatus ::

Visits::2237

Too short, and the explanation of the Edenians longevity is lame. So why is it that the Outworlders live so long? Let's not forget that Bo Rai Cho is a native Outworlder, who has been training warriors for centuries.

And does anyone else think that Shinnok and Quan Chis are playing on Rain's vanity, and that he is NOT related to Argus, Taven and Daegon in any way? I know Argus mentions Rain in his ending, but I'll bet they'll retcon that later. MAYBE.

mkflegendPosted: 02/13/2007 11:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::6730

I like it, not the best one so far but it does explain enough.I mean he fled more or less it explains where his true heart is which was NEVER good apparently and to conquer.

I think his bio is appropriate given his overall "character" I mean, the guy appeared in two games what more can you want? lol

It's pretty good, I have no real beef with it.

GrizzlePosted: 02/13/2007 11:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::3477

Ironic how Rain fought against Edenia while he was under Shao Kahn. This bio shows me how much of a coward Rain really is.

-Jago-Posted: 02/14/2007 12:36 AMStatus ::

Visits::1617
Nationality::Jamaica

Yeah, interesting stuff. It explains how the Edenians have such long lifespans...and I guess it retcons his UMK3 storyline. I'm not sure, in UMK3 it said his father was a general who was killed by Shao Kahn. Maybe that was just a story he was told to hide his identity, or maybe it was an adoptive father. Anyways, yeah...it is kinda short and the whole Taven and Daegon rivalry we knew about anyways. It doesn't really tell his relation with anyone else, besides Quan Chi...who we know is going to stab him in the back anyways.

BTW my intuition tells me that Rain is the youngest of the three, that's just what I think. I think Argus had his pure sons first, Daegon being the oldest. In his ending it says he's the half-brother of Taven and Daegon. I always thought that meant Argus had them first, and then ran around with another woman and had Rain...hehe.

Photobucket
XiahouDun84Posted: 02/14/2007 12:50 AMStatus ::

Visits::14274

I'm guessing Rain's general father probably was his adopted father. Also keep in mind, according to his MK3 ending, it was Kitana who told him who his father was. It's possible she was mistaken and/or only knew half the story.

Rain is the youngest. According to his MK3 bio, Rain was still only a child when Kahn conquered Edenia. In Konquest, Taven & Daegon are hidden on Earth before Kahn even invades...so that would make Rain the youngest brother.

As for the aging thing, the average Edenian lives for thousands of years before even looking old. The oldest Outworler that we know of his several hundred years old (except for Bo' Rai Cho, who I think is crazy old). Big difference there. The decendent from gods thing also addresses more than their slow aging. Apparently, Edenians are naturally strong people. Probably one of the reasons Shao Kahn liked to use them as assassins.

I think the Edenians are sort of like the Elves from Lord of the Rings. All natural fighters, almost eternally young, all beautiful people, noble, etc. Edenians are WASPs.

scorpionspupilPosted: 02/14/2007 12:52 AMStatus ::

Visits::5144
Nationality::Canada

thisis far too short, but it's very good

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
T-rexPosted: 02/14/2007 01:38 AMStatus ::

Visits::6346
Nationality::Belarus

-Jago- Wrote:
BTW my intuition tells me that Rain is the youngest of the three, that's just what I think. I think Argus had his pure sons first, Daegon being the oldest. In his ending it says he's the half-brother of Taven and Daegon. I always thought that meant Argus had them first, and then ran around with another woman and had Rain...hehe.

I can't say that with absolute certainty,but I think Taven is the oldest of the three. As far as I remember,Daegon actually addresses him as "older brother" when they meet in the Red Dragon Stronghold (or was it before their final battle?).

DK1983Posted: 02/14/2007 02:19 AMStatus ::

Visits::5131
Nationality::France

Not the best MKA bio, but it's ok... I'm just deceived, cause Rains bio don't explain where he had been all this time... And it's really too short... :/

-
tgrantPosted: 02/14/2007 03:43 AMStatus ::

Visits::61670
Nationality::England

I agree with Queve's thoughts on this bio. I like some of the background byt dislike how incomplete it feels in regards to Rains absence and how he even came about meeting Quan Chi. Rain seems to be one who believes what he is told without demanding proof so he could be being fooled. I suppose we will have to see where this goes.

XiahouDun84 Wrote:
I'm guessing Rain's general father probably was his adopted father. Also keep in mind, according to his MK3 ending, it was Kitana who told him who his father was. It's possible she was mistaken and/or only knew half the story.

Rain is the youngest. According to his MK3 bio, Rain was still only a child when Kahn conquered Edenia. In Konquest, Taven & Daegon are hidden on Earth before Kahn even invades...so that would make Rain the youngest brother.

As for the aging thing, the average Edenian lives for thousands of years before even looking old. The oldest Outworler that we know of his several hundred years old (except for Bo' Rai Cho, who I think is crazy old). Big difference there. The decendent from gods thing also addresses more than their slow aging. Apparently, Edenians are naturally strong people. Probably one of the reasons Shao Kahn liked to use them as assassins.

I think the Edenians are sort of like the Elves from Lord of the Rings. All natural fighters, almost eternally young, all beautiful people, noble, etc. Edenians are WASPs.

All of that makes perfect sense. Great post, man.

Project MKK: Coming soon...

Currently working on: MKD & MKA - The One Ring Theory
-Jago-Posted: 02/14/2007 04:52 AMStatus ::

Visits::1617
Nationality::Jamaica

T-rex Wrote:
-Jago- Wrote:

I can't say that with absolute certainty,but I think Taven is the oldest of the three. As far as I remember,Daegon actually addresses him as "older brother" when they meet in the Red Dragon Stronghold (or was it before their final battle?).

Oh yeah, I think you're right. I just kinda assumed because Daegon does look older.

Also, you know how Taven and Daegon's mother is Delia? And notice how she wears like red clothing and has that hat thing with the picture of a flame on it? I'm thinking, maybe Taven and Daegon inherited their powers of fire from her. So maybe Rain's mother was a sorcerer who had powers of water and lightning. Maybe he just inherited them from Argus, but we haven't seen any of his powers yet so I dunno.

Photobucket
T-rexPosted: 02/14/2007 05:11 AMStatus ::

Visits::6346
Nationality::Belarus

-Jago- Wrote:
T-rex Wrote:
-Jago- Wrote:

Oh yeah, I think you're right. I just kinda assumed because Daegon does look older.

Also, you know how Taven and Daegon's mother is Delia? And notice how she wears like red clothing and has that hat thing with the picture of a flame on it? I'm thinking, maybe Taven and Daegon inherited their powers of fire from her. So maybe Rain's mother was a sorcerer who had powers of water and lightning. Maybe he just inherited them from Argus, but we haven't seen any of his powers yet so I dunno.

1) Oh yeah,Daegon does look older. He awakened years before his brother,and is thus much more aged and experienced,but technically,Taven is still the sibling who was born first. Before the final battle between the brothers,Daegon makes a little joke (kinda) about the irony of this situation. It went something like:

Daegon: "I've been awakened for many years now. I am much more experienced than you,older brother. As I recall,you were always the one who won when we raced through our father's temple. I remember it like it was yesterday."
Taven: "It was yesterday."

I love that exchange.

2) As for Rain,that's a very good point. I'm thinking we might still hear of Argus,because if the MKA endings are of any indication,he is still very much alive.

MKRAYDENPosted: 02/14/2007 05:59 AMStatus ::

Visits::3158
Nationality::Malaysia

what he will killed daegon and taven

Subzero2Posted: 02/14/2007 08:40 AMStatus ::

Visits::4007

short and sweet

PSN: Eazail70x7
Ninja_MimePosted: 02/14/2007 08:55 AMStatus ::

Visits::20830
Nationality::Sweden

Uusually I'd complain about the length and lack of information, but Rain sucks.

quevePosted: 02/14/2007 09:01 AMStatus ::

Visits::4110
Nationality::Bolivia

mkflegend Wrote:
I like it, not the best one so far but it does explain enough.I mean he fled more or less it explains where his true heart is which was NEVER good apparently and to conquer.

I think his bio is appropriate given his overall "character" I mean, the guy appeared in two games what more can you want? lol

It's pretty good, I have no real beef with it.

Its **not** appropriate by the very reasons you listed above.

Given his overall character, and that he only appeared in 2 games, we want to know more then the bit of info that was just given.

Very important stuff was not covered in his bio. Its incomplete.

Its not horrible, but its not good either.

MINIONPosted: 02/14/2007 09:03 AMStatus ::

Visits::11469

Taven > Rain.

Rain is badass looking, and i'd like to see him devolpe a little more. But this crap about argus being his father & the family fighting like that make's his bio a P.O.S. imho.

Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
baraka17Posted: 02/14/2007 09:44 AMStatus ::

Visits::246
Nationality::Scotland

thats a great bio!Im gessing that means that his father really didnt die in the war with Shao Kahn and that that was just a lie to stop him from learning that he is a prince!

lastfighter89Posted: 02/14/2007 10:10 AMStatus ::

Visits::5316
Nationality::Italy

ok we don't find nothing new about his past.
So this means?
no answers!!!!!

GarladorPosted: 02/14/2007 11:08 AMStatus ::

Visits::11510

Ho-hum. It's okay. Not great. Not bad.

It provides context to his dealings in Armageddon, but leaves far too much of his past up in the air. It still might be explained later, in someone else's bio, but the short length hindered too much. What is there is good, but there's just not enough of it.

Page of 2

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.