Deceptions Konquest Reversed Speeches - Full Text Transcript
posted12/05/2012 08:54 AM (UTC)by
Durac
Hello. I don't know if this will be of any use to anyone, and I know that this information in general is quite old news, but I'm posting a complete text transcript of all the hidden reversed messages given by Netherealm and Chaosrealm citizens in Deception's Konquest mode. I had been looking for a complete text transcript myself of all the backwards messages, but was unable to find anything. For something that seems quite common knowledge, I was surprised to see that there wasn't any easily available list of all the hidden messages. So, I decided to go through the sound files and make a complete transcript myself. If there is a list somewhere, then I apologize for reposting content (And I would like to know where this list may be found!); if not, then without further ado:

Male Backwards Speech:
Deception story-related:
"All of existence is merely the dreams of the One Being."
"The realms are, in fact, the shattered consciousness of a singular being."
"The One Being uses the ambition of creatures like Shao Kahn and Onaga to merge itself back together."
"The Void is a place beyond realms where the Elder Gods dwell."
"The Elder Gods do not directly interfere in the affairs of the realms for fear that they may awaken the One Being."
"Onaga was poisoned and slain by his advisor, Shao Kahn."
"The Dragon King watched from beyond death as events unfolded."
"Onaga took possession of Reptile's body in Outworld before stealing the Kamidogu and claiming Quan Chi's amulet for himself."
"Did Shang Tsung and Quan Chi survive Raiden's ethereal blast? Time will tell."
"Raiden will return from annihilation, though he will not be as he once was."
"The Dragon King revived the slain heroes who confronted the deadly alliance."
"The Dragon King will rule supreme."
"Onaga seeks information in Edenia. Tanya will provide it for him."
"If all six Kamidogu are fused into one, they will become a most powerful weapon."

Game-related:
"Good is any act that promotes the separation of the realms. Evil is any act of consolidation."
"The forces of good and evil balance each other through the act of combat."
"In their purest form, the Elder Gods resemble the dragon symbol of the Mortal Kombat tournament."
"In the beginning days, sorcerers were commanded by the Elder Gods to construct the many portals that connect the realms."
"The Mortal Kombat tournament was created to allow Shao Kahn to earn the right to merge other realms with Outworld."
"The Gods do not truly die; they merely dissipate until they can be reformed."
"There are many realms."
"No warrior ever truly dies in Mortal Kombat."
"Shao Kahn, Lucifer, and Raiden are of the same race of beings."
"Reiko is not Shao Kahn, though sometimes, he secretly wears the emperor's helmet."
"It is a little known fact that Ermac is short for Error Macro."
"Rain is purple, get it?"
"It may be that Frost is merely hibernating."
"Will Hsu Hao return from the dead? Uhh... probably not."
"Sub-Zero's ancestral armor responds to him on a spiritual level."
"The body of Liu Kang has been reanimated. It has wrought destruction upon his Shaolin brothers."
"The spirit of Liu Kang will live on."
"Find Liu Kang in Outworld and inform him of Tanya's treachery for a different reward."
"You are being deceived."
"Beware, Damashi is the Dragon King."

Other:
"Parents of the world, there is no satanic content hidden in the backwards speech in Mortal Kombat."
"Drink milk. Get plenty of sleep. Listen to your parents. Do your homework."
"Play Mortal Kombat with a friend in Vietnam."
"You rock the house like Midway."
"Mortal Kombat. Toasty. Frosty. Finish Him. Fatality. Flawless Victory."
"There's a little bit of me in everyone."
"I am talking backwards. Spooky, isn't it?"
"If you have decoded this, you have way too much time on your hands, my friend.
"Ed Boon 490. Ed Boon 490. Ed Boon 490." (Different voice)
"It is said that John Vogel is a genius."

Female Backwards Speech (Note - A few sayings were identical to the male's, so they have been omitted):
Deception story-related:
"Long ago, the Elder Gods shattered the One Being with the six Kamidogu."
"The Dragon King's army was undefeatable due to his ability to revive his troops from death."
"Each Kamidogu can only be used by one individual, but Onaga seeks to fuse them all into one so that he may utilize their combined power."
"To defeat the Dragon King, you must take from him that which makes him strong."
"Scorpion is the true Champion of the Elder Gods."

Game-related:
"Give Reiko's message to the Edenian official for a different reward."
"For many years the Shokan and Centuars were rivals, both seeking Shao Kahn's favor."
"Smoke's nanotech systems are transforming his shape."
"Perhaps you did not know this, but Noob Saibot spells something backwards."
"Lucifer once ruled the Netherealm, until Shinnok defeated him.""

Other:
"Mortal Kombat is crazy with a 'K'."
"This video games is dedicated to our homies."
"And now it's time for another exciting episode of What You Get."
"John Vogel is a genius."

I'm pretty sure this is everything. If I have missed any, please tell me.
Iori9
02/20/2007 01:19 AM (UTC)
I think someone allready posted these, but anyway

That makes me wonder.....about blaze... and who the hell is Lucifer? (lol does it mean the Devil?)
UlcaTron
02/20/2007 06:20 PM (UTC)
Iori9 Wrote:

That makes me wonder.....about blaze... and who the hell is Lucifer? (lol does it mean the Devil?)

I think so. But then BlackHeart would come and kill him lol
PsychoFight
02/21/2007 03:50 AM (UTC)
Thanks alot for this, man. Means ALOT.
Zerox0
07/22/2012 07:36 PM (UTC)
There is supposed to be a women near the purple teleport platform in Chaosrealm who speaks backwards stating "Onaga is eternal with infant dragon blood". I've been searching for this message, but i haven't found it yet.
RazorsEdge701
08/04/2012 01:19 AM (UTC)
Iori9 Wrote:

In the backstory to MK Mythologies, Lucifer is described as the guy who ruled the Netherealm before Quan Chi and Shinnok overthrew him.

Mythologies said that the rulers of Hell before Shinnok were usually just demons who were born there and Lucifer was one too.

But Deception seems to be retconning that to say he was the Protector-God of the Netherealm instead.
Zmoke
08/11/2012 04:12 PM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
But Deception seems to be retconning that to say he was the Protector-God of the Netherealm instead.

It seems so. Like Raiden, Lucifer was probably a long-time protector god and got a bunch of nicknames due to that during his reign.

1. "Good is any act that promotes the separation of the realms. Evil is any act of consolidation."
2. "The forces of good and evil balance each other through the act of combat."
3. "In the beginning days, sorcerers were commanded by the Elder Gods to construct the many portals that connect the realms."

It's funny that the "balance" or "yin and yang" is promoted when good is supposed to mean any act that promotes the separation of the realms i.e. the foremost task of the Elder Gods. No3 is also a weird reason for the Elder Gods to command the sorcerers to construct many links between the realms – why on Earthrealm? If these are serious to begin with.
RazorsEdge701
08/23/2012 08:07 PM (UTC)
Zmoke Wrote:
No3 is also a weird reason for the Elder Gods to command the sorcerers to construct many links between the realms – why on Earthrealm? If these are serious to begin with.

To allow their champions to travel and find the Kamidogus.

Yes, "Damashi" was lying when he gave Shujinko that mission, but the existence of the Nexus, the altar, and Monster proved that there was a real Champion and his job was to find the Kamidogus.

Onaga even tells Shujinko that the only reason the kamidogus weren't sent to the Elder Gods like they were meant to be when he collected the last one was because he didn't also have Shinnok's amulet and place it in the empty round slot on the altar.
In other news, I recently found a website that has all the forward-text from Konquest transcribed too. I figure that could probably go in this thread too, for locating ease:
Earthrealm
Netherealm
Chaosrealm
Outworld
Seido
Edenia
Nexus
demongeneral
About Me

the demon general has arrived.

08/26/2012 01:27 PM (UTC)
thanks i was looking for something like this but i could never find anything about it
RaydenwithaY
About Me

47.65kb

12/05/2012 08:54 AM (UTC)
this is great, many thanks for posting
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.