Owens Gimp brushes tutorial...
posted03/03/2007 10:48 AM (UTC)by
owen_pwned
About Me

Ok open the Gimp and get your background wich should be something like 350x120 pixels...You then click on dialogues and then go on brushes...You should find a brush called the spark brush brush with that till you've got a background like this.

Then you select another brush that goes by the name of vine brush and brush round with that until it looks a bit like this

I think this would look good for a Kung Lao sig......

It looks nice when you colourise it as well.

Here is a very simple brush thing as you will only need one brush throughout...

In your brushes their should be a brush called galaxy AP

Just brush around with that until you get a background like this

Then you colourise it make it a nice yellowy colour like so...

If you want to make this look better go to filters and then distorts...Then ripple.

You should get something like this...

If you don't like this you can experiment with other distorts...

Another one is simply just get your base background brush around with the pencil sketch brush then you get something like this...

This looks extremely crap but go on filters distorts then mosaic tiles to get a really cartoony background...

This looks good for a Reptile sprite sig.....

All from me

-owen-

Shinnok-fan64
03/02/2007 11:36 PM (UTC)
thanks for the tutorial, i'll make a sig from each of them and post it on here.wink

EDIT: made one with the Kung sig, looks pretty good actually.
owen_pwned
03/02/2007 11:56 PM (UTC)
Shinnok-fan64 Wrote:
thanks for the tutorial, i'll make a sig from each of them and post it on here.wink

EDIT: made one with the Kung sig, looks pretty good actually.

That is good but the font is barely legible make it bigger...And it will look cooler.
Shinnok-fan64
03/03/2007 12:15 AM (UTC)
made another of your sigs, added a render to it. its actually really cool imo, and i might use it as my sig sometime.....
owen_pwned
03/03/2007 10:48 AM (UTC)
Shinnok-fan64 Wrote:
made another of your sigs, added a render to it. its actually really cool imo, and i might use it as my sig sometime.....

This one looks verry nice...
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.