Official Cyrax thread!
posted08/14/2007 06:28 PM (UTC)by
mkflegend
Well, I'm a huge fan of Cyrax as well besides my other character threads.

Let's talk about him.

In MK3 I remember everyone thought he was Scorpion or that he was Scorpion's replacement in the series which obviously wasn't true since UMK3 had Scorpion as well as Cyrax.

But yeah, Cyrax is the best cyborg IMO out of all of them.Smoke is second, then Sektor.

I believe his storyline is easily the best out of all the cyborg ninjas and I like the fact that he turned good now.

Cyrax played awesome in MK3 and in UMK3/MKT.

His moves were awesome, his famous green net was sweet.His bombs were faster and better then the way they are in MK:DA and in MK:A easily.He also has a teleport which in most cases was useless but when used wisely at the right time was useful.

He had tons of damaging combos between his baiting set ups, net and bombs combined when used right.

I use him well and have an awesome Cyrax in UMK3/MKT or the old Mk's with him in general.

Now, his storyline in MK4 and in MK:DA was alright.Interesting I thought and I like it how he joins the Special Forces and all.In his ending he joins the Lin Kuei once again but this time for good under Sub-Zero's command.Assuming it's canon which I hope it is honestly.Just as far as he's concerned.

Unfortunately gameplay wise in MK:DA and MK:A he sucks compared to the way he plays in MK3 and in UMK3.Fact lol.Hard cold fact.

His meat grinder move is ok, nothing beats the old green net and his spinning kicks move is silly IMO.Looks like he's iceskating, they should have gave him back his Net in MK:A and left the kick move with Darrius because both of them had the same move in MK:A which I thought was silly honestly.

I was annoyed that he lost his Net, his net makes him Cyrax.The bombs were toned down massively and are crap compared to the way they were in UMK3.His teleport ehhh just as useful as in UMK3.

But overall although he's not nearly as good as he once was in MK3/UMK3/MKT.He's still a cool character and the best ninja cyborg IMO.He's unique.

I hope he has his green net back later on IF he should come back in MK8+ that is.Without that green net, he's just not the same character overall.

Cyrax is one of those underrated characters in the MK universe that's really cool, I like him a lot.I hope he comes back later on, I doubt he'll be back in MK8 though.

Your thoughts of Cyrax.
Ninja_Mime
03/27/2007 11:20 PM (UTC)
I love him, and he's one of my top three favorites. I know he's not the most useful when it comes to gameplay, but he is very fun.

To be honest, I wouldn't be sad if he didn't return. But he's had a really good run, for a soulless killing machine.
mkflegend
03/28/2007 01:40 AM (UTC)
He was never really souless, more like lost.Sektor however is 100% souless and is just a killing machine with a lust for power and domination.

In the older games Cyrax was awesome, the newer ones...ehh different story lol.
Peanut_Butter_Jelly
03/28/2007 02:49 AM (UTC)
Cyrax is one of my favourites. I found him cool in MK3.

It's a shame though that he's like too difficult to play in MK:DA, MK:A. He has no net, which Midway if you knew, happens to be his little trademark. The bombs bonce around, making it hard just to hit the opponent. He makes it up for Motor Kombat though.

I'm sure that Cyrax is also human with his MK:G ending and his alt attire.

Ninja_Mime
03/28/2007 08:22 AM (UTC)
Yeah. he has had a soul ever since MKG. I just mean that he has grown a lot since he started as just another soulless killing machine from the Lin Kuei.
mkflegend
03/30/2007 02:45 AM (UTC)
Yeah, Cyrax was always lost pretty much until MKG where Jax and Sonya helped him find his soul again.Sektor lol, that dude never had one to begin with.

Smoke, he has one but he's been reprogrammed so many times... lol he's all messed up.

legend_armlet
03/30/2007 10:19 AM (UTC)

I find Cyrax more powerfull in MK3 and MKG than MKDA and MKA.

In these former games, it was easy to make a 40-50% combos. For MKDA and MKA, it's a pain in the ass to make a suitable combo.

Iori9
03/30/2007 11:08 AM (UTC)
Mustard FTW
mkflegend
03/31/2007 12:49 AM (UTC)
legend_armlet Wrote:

I find Cyrax more powerfull in MK3 and MKG than MKDA and MKA.

In these former games, it was easy to make a 40-50% combos. For MKDA and MKA, it's a pain in the ass to make a suitable combo.

You're completely right dude, the only good combos he can do in MKA are offline.You'll never be able to do them online due to lag and the shitty online play sadly.UMK3 is the best MK ever online and gameplay wise.Good old Cyrax at his best.

Yeah, Cyrax sucks royally in the new ones compared to MK3 and UMK3

Mustard yep.grin
TheSilverSurfer
03/31/2007 01:12 AM (UTC)
I love getting people caught in Cyrax's net move in MKT, then doing a combo, but rarely will this happen since that net move is so obvious when it shoots from his chest. Cyrax is the best cyber- ninja next to Smoke.
mkflegend
03/31/2007 07:23 PM (UTC)
TheSilverSurfer Wrote:
I love getting people caught in Cyrax's net move in MKT, then doing a combo, but rarely will this happen since that net move is so obvious when it shoots from his chest. Cyrax is the best cyber- ninja next to Smoke.

Yeah man, you just have to plan carefully with the net on a jump in from an opponent timed right there's no escape and you'll have them trapped hehe.

Mixing up the bombs with the net with his auto combo jump in for 40% is the key to victory with Cyrax in MK3/UMK3 and MKT.smile
TheGreatGarfield
08/07/2007 06:02 PM (UTC)
Cyrax is my favorite of the three Cyberninjas.

I never used him that much in Mortal Kombat 3 but he really is good in that game. Whenever I get around to getting MK 3 again, I will use him more. I like to use him in Mortal Kombat DA. He's not too complicated and he's pretty fun to use.

Cyrax-

after shattaring the glass and walking in all badass like.

"Death is the only way out."

"Major Briggs. Sonya Blade. Shoa Khan will be pleased."

Cyrax got to dish some big damage in Mortal Kombat Annihilation, he got to tussle with Sonya and Jax and get burned up.

Cyrax and Khan's extermination squad versus Jax and Sonya is my favorite fight in Mortal Kombat Annihilation.

But everytime I watch the fight I get the feeling of irony. It's kinda interesting and funny to see Sonya and Jax waist Cyrax in Mortal Kombat Annihilation, Where as in Mortal Kombat Gold they actually recover him and help him to find his humanity and the welcome him as a part of their team.

Cyrax definatly developed and I like that he became a good guy and joined Sonya and Jax in the special forces. I was actually bummed that he joined Sub-zero and the Lin Kuei in his Mortal Kombat Armaggedon ending. I felt that he should stay with Jax and Sonya, they were like his new family.

I also like his little story with Nitara. It was nothing really big but I love it anyway. Cyrax seems like such a respecting person with his "Solem Bow" right before he's sent back in the portal.

Oh yeah. Cyrax looks very cool to.

So yeah Cyrax is very awesome. One of my favorites.
VENOMOUS75
08/08/2007 11:08 PM (UTC)
Yeah, Cyrax is my favorite of the Cyber Ninjas. I was one of those people that thought that he might have actually been scorpion, somehow made mechanical(Mostly because it sounded like he was saying "C'mere" in a robotic voice when he caught someone in the net).

I definitely preferred him in MK3 as opposed to UMK3. You were able to fire the grenades faster(One close to yourself, and one close to the enemy, forcing them to jump into the first bomb)setting your enemies up for some heavy combos.

I loved Cyrax's Predator-style self-destruct fatality. Even though there were more limbs laying around after the explosion, than there were before the fatality!
It's people like Cyrax that give mustard a good name. Besides, the world needs more Black Cyborgs. Here's to hoping for a female cyborg (Pours some champagne on the rug.).
mkflegend
08/09/2007 08:42 PM (UTC)
VENOMOUS75 Wrote:
Yeah, Cyrax is my favorite of the Cyber Ninjas. I was one of those people that thought that he might have actually been scorpion, somehow made mechanical(Mostly because it sounded like he was saying "C'mere" in a robotic voice when he caught someone in the net).

I definitely preferred him in MK3 as opposed to UMK3. You were able to fire the grenades faster(One close to yourself, and one close to the enemy, forcing them to jump into the first bomb)setting your enemies up for some heavy combos.

I loved Cyrax's Predator-style self-destruct fatality. Even though there were more limbs laying around after the explosion, than there were before the fatality!

LOL, he didn't say that in the robotic voice but I can see why you thought that. I thought initially he was Scorpion for a second, I thought he used to say something else when he ran but it was mechanical rambling lol.

But yeah his fatalities were awesome, It didn't look like that in the arcade it looked sick where the limbs blew up better in the arcade then in the home versions which weren't converted as smoothly as the arcade with some of the fatalities.
ShadowSpectre
08/14/2007 06:28 PM (UTC)
cyrax id the best cyborg ninja
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.