--Official Sindel Thread-- (Warning: Flash inside!)
posted04/22/2008 10:53 PM (UTC)by
QueenSindel(TheBitch)
About Me

Queen Sindel

Sindel is the gothic grace of Mortal Kombat, an instantly distinct character via her radiant witch-like features, long flowing white hair with her signature black streak, and purple body suit atop of all.

The white-eyed Queen of Edenia was once the undead bride of Shao Kahn, and is the mother of Kitana. She carries a variety of awesome special abilities, from manipulating sonic waves, to using her hair as a living whip, and flying.

Mortal Kombat 3

She debuted in MK3 (1995) and became an instant MK star, being sported on the game’s arcade machine alongside Shao Kahn, having perhaps the most prominent role in the storyline than any other new character since she was the very foundation of it, and being recognizable to all as the wicked bride of the game’s famous boss and mother to the popular female kombatant, Kitana.

She wore a purple outfit which is most loved by me due to the fashionably torn black stockings, silver back-collar attached to her opened jacket top, and the purple and black color combo.

Her storyline was incredibly fascinating for this game, like something that could be turned into a movie or soap opera. She was established as Shao Kahn's evil bride who ruled Outworld at his side and was part of his 10,000-year-old plan to invade Earthrealm. She was good once, when she ruled Edenia with her husband Jerrod, but when Edenia lost the Mortal Kombat tournament to Outworld, it was taken over by Kahn and he forced her into marriage shortly after, adopting her daughter Kitana as his own as well. After seeing her people enslaved, her husband killed, and losing her daughter, she was overwhelmed and commited suicide (the only MK character to ever die through suicide). Her soul was captured by Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung through sorcery and formed into a pawn that would allow Kahn to invade Earth if Shang Tsung and his Mortal Kombat tournament failed to conquer Earth. Shang Tsung failed so Kahn enacted his sinister plan by resurrecting Sindel (in a brainwashed, evil state) on Earth and thus granting Shao Kahn the right to pass through the earthrealm portal to reclaim her as his queen while invading Earth along the way - this process being the basis of MK3 - MKT's storyline.

Read her entire storyline from MK3 to MKA here. (Scroll to "Storyline")

Gameplay-wise, she was a force to be reckoned with because of her special moves and damaging combos. Unlike with any other character, one could fight a battle as Sindel while remaining airborne the entire time! Though her moves in the air were limited to only one diagonal fireball, it was still very exciting if you challenged yourself to remain airborne without getting knocked down by your opponent.

Her fatalities were classical. Her Death Shriek fatality, remains my all-time favorite fatality to date. She’d scream the skin off of her victim with her furious voice and leave them as a bony, bloody, skinless freak. Just awesome. Her Hair Spin fatality was pretty interesting since it incorporated her hair. Her Friendship was one of the cutest friendship finishers to me since she was all seriously evil yet she kicks a football and says "That was fun" in a perky voice. And her Animality was actually one of the boringest to me, but fitting for Sindel since wasps fly and are also lethal.

In her ending, Sindel receives visions of her true past and eventually regains her memory regarding who she really is and what Shao Kahn has done to her. She turns against him and defeats, and by doing so, she also frees Edenia, un-merging it with Outworld, and restores it back to its former beauty. She then has a reunion with her daughter Kitana who is now grown up.

What actually ended up happening though is that Kitana, with Jade's assistance, made Sindel remember her true past, and when she did, Sindel turned back to good and thus immediately weakened Kahn's presence in Earth, allowing Liu Kang and his allies to defeat him and save the Earthrealm.

Watch her fatalities here...

Death Shriek

Hair Spin

View her MK3 bio and ending here (scroll to "Biography" or "Ending." You can also see her fatalities here again.)

Feast your eyes on her killer MK3 render...

Mortal Kombat Trilogy

Like all kombatants from MK1 - UMK3, Sindel re-appeared in MKT exactly as she appeared in MK3 except with an added Double Fireball move, which was simply an extension of her original Fireball move by having her exhale 2 powerballs this time. She also got a Brutality finisher like everyone else.

Mortal Kombat Annihilation (Feature Film)

(The white blur on her mouth is her sonic wave coming out)

Sindel played a key role in the second Mortal Kombat movie, played by actress Musetta Vander (who played her extremely well, btw. Excellent casting). She appeared wearing a covered-up and somewhat modified version of the purple and black costume from MK3, and her hair color was changed to black with thin white streaks. She also used all of her exciting trademark moves in one way or another:

Death Shriek - Well this was the same as in the game. She just screams immensely and does some heavy damage.

Fireball - Rather than spitting out a blue mini-comet, Sindel blows out a forceball by concentrating her sonic waves into a small sphere projectile (which she blows at Raiden and knocks him through a brick wall. ...Good stuff).

Hair Whip - Here, she uses her hair, not as a whip to grab things with, but as a weapon that slices and dices. She shifts her hair into a chaotic rave of flapping, razor-sharp hair strands which she swings at Raiden to slash him. This was her coolest moment in the whole movie for me.

Flying: Well she doesn’t fly, but she teleports upward. I guess that makes up for it.

Mortal Kombat Deception

After being completely absent in MK4 and MK: Deadly Alliance (although mentioned in MK: Gold), Sindel finally returned in MKD (2004) with a mature, benevolent, and rather spiritual personality, away from the depraved and sadistic bad-ass bitch she was in MK3.

In this game, Sindel lacked many of her signature moves from MK3 (Hair Whip, Flying, Air Fireball) while gaining one all-new move, Sliding Foot Grab, which was not really acclaimed by anyone. And the moves that DID return were pretty unsatisfying to me:

Her shriek sounded more like the engine of a passing plane rather than the furious echoing scream from MK3, it also looked much more plain, and her fireball became a sparkly pinkish projectile instead of the roaring blue smoke ball. And she doesn’t even open her mouth while executing these 2 orally-conveyed abilities! At least she flies for 2 victory poses and to stand up after losing a round, though. She also plays a short, but significant role in Konquest (giving Shujinko the last Kamidogu) and she’s a playable character in the mini-game Puzzle Kombat, having the strongest super of all the characters, evidenced by it’s hugely beneficial effect and how long it takes to obtain it.

Her primary outfit was a de-flavored, pinkified, and slutty version of her MK3 costume, consisting of plain, flatly-designed pinkish/purple gloves, gartered thigh boots in place of the torn black stockings, and an upper-body suit like the one from MK3 minus the back-collared jacket and black color trimming in exchange for a nearly bare chest. Although, the costume carries more sophisticated qualities, it just feels too bland for me, mainly because it is so ridiculously skimpy.

Her hair was somewhat changed also, but in a better way. In this game, it was a lot puffier and fluffier than in MK3 and also appeared wavier as oppose to the original totally sleek style.

Her make-up was also changed to black and purple instead of all black, and she was added 2 side-by-side black dots on her forehead to represent or proclaim who knows what. Mostly likely she wears them to repel evil spirits, perhaps akin to the Hindu belief now that she's very spiritual.

Her Alternate costume was gorgeous and brilliant. It was a much more regal and warrior-like costume, consisting of arms covered by a complex design of black and crimson material, thigh boots attached by black garters to her upper body area which was an arrangement of thick black straps, a stylized dress-like piece of cloth that would hang behind her fanny, and a golden crown. I would have liked this costume much better had her hair not been tied-down by those damn bands, but oh well. It still looks fantastic.

Her story was nothing as prominent as it was in MK3, but was pretty decent, nevertheless. At first, we learn that Edenia is once again invaded by evil forces, this time by Onaga, and she is imprisoned by him in her own dungeon while being guarded by a brainwashed Kitana, which prevented her from fighting for her freedom since she couldn't bring herself to fight her own daughter.

If you ask me, this is a stupid plot point because Sindel has so many different powers she can use to help herself escape without necessarily having to fight Kitana. She could have blown down a prison wall with her scream and flown away, or use her hair to hold down Kitana while she escapes, etc. All of this or other things could have been done, and all without having to "assault" her daughter. I hate how they treated her as being weak and powerless in this game when her abilities are actually very powerful and versatile.

Anyway, Jade freed her from jail and from there, her mission was to free Kitana from Onaga's spell by first learning all she could about him.

Gameplay-wise, she was rather bad since she had many weak and unsafe moves with critically slow recovery times that would open her up to attacks. Yet, her primary fighting style, Zha Chuan, was a perfect fit for her with its gaceful movements and elegant stance. I love this fighting style for her. Fu Jow Pai carried most of her quick and effective moves, but I disliked the stance it gave her, even though it looks more like her stance from MK3. Her Kwan Dao was an excellent weapon choice for her since, being a queen, she should have a large weapon, plus it also came with spikes. This fighting style was effective, especially for the long ranged attacks it came with, but lots of its moves were also slow, so hazardous to execute. The main issue with it though was that it did not do heavy damage.

Her Finishers in this game were all very good and some of the best, imo. Her Banshee Scream fatality would blow up her victim limb from limb. That was nice but I would have liked it if her victim would have let out a long painful scream right before they finally blow up at the end like how they do in the Slaughterhouse death trap.
Her Kwan Dao fatality was visually amazing and creatively unique. It's her only finisher that doesn't end too quickly, and one of the best fatalities in the whole game. She would knock her victim into the air and then spin her kwan dao overhead like helicopter blades, so when her victim fell, they would bounce on the spinning blade and loose a limp everytime they touched it. Just spectaclar and definitely memorable.
Her Hara-Kiri was fitting for her. She'd jump up and let herself fall flat on her face. It's fitting for her since it's sort of aerial-based, but it's too damn short.

Watch them here...

Banshee Scream fatality

Kwan Dao fatality

Kara-Kiri

Or click here (scroll to "Movelist," or "Ending" to read her ending)

In her ending, Sindel discovers that Onaga was not inhabiting Reptile's body. She finds a spell inscribed in his tomb that is designed to transport his soul back into his original body. As she begins to use the spell, Onaga emerges from behind her and Jade, with Kitana at his side. He orders Kitana to attack them, but Jade holds her off while Sindel finishes the spell. The spell begins to work and it pulls Onaga's soul back into his original body, but to make sure the body will not allow Onaga his life, Sindel stabs the body in its heart with her Kwan Dao and holds her weapon in place to prevent its heart from reforming. When the spell is complete, Onaga is transported into a broken dead body and so he loses his life and dies. Kitana is then free from his spell and Edenia is free once again. (Getting freakin tired of these "free Edenia" stories they keep bombarding her with, if you ask me.)

This ending was established as non-canon in MKA, even though it was one of the most popular endings of the game. Her bio in this game also shows us that she has been the most psychologically tormented character out of all MK. First in MK3 she was brainwashed and forced into marriage by the very man that killed her husband, took her daughter, and enslaved her people, then in this game she's held captive in her own prison under her own daughter's guard while her very realm is savagely invaded. Truly, she's the most psychologically tormented character.

Click on her MK: Deception photos below...

Sindel's MKD Render
Sindel's Alternate Costume
Sindel's Ending 1
Sindel's Ending 2
Sindel's Ending 3
Sindel Wallpaper

Mortal Kombat Armageddon

Like everyone else once again, Sindel returns in MKA exactly as she appeared in MKD but minus her Fu Jow Pai fighting style and plus her aerial combos (which everyone has so it’s nothing truly special). It was extremely painful and heartbreaking to see her return without her much-needed signature moves (mostly her Hair Whip and Air Fireball. Flying would have been nice though, and fitting since the inclusion of air combat. Since several special moves were swapped between characters, they could have at least given her Ermac's levitation moves), while other characters like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Nitara received either new moves, new throws, and/or new air attacks. Sindel was sadly left out in the cold, worsening her loss in popularity since MKD. (I should also note that Jarek has a special move exactly like Sindel's Hair Whip but using a real whip instead. This move could have easily been granted to Sindel, with her using her hair to grab and slam the victim instead of the whip, but it wasn't, sadly).

The only new good thing about her in this game (for me at least) was the picture for her versus pose. I LOVE it!!! It is so perfect for her. She’s posed in a strong womanly fashion, her hair looks spectacular, and her face and everything looks completely graceful. The whole picture is flawless aside from the tits hanging out of course.

One interesting note about Sindel in MKA is that she is one of the few characters who made it to the game's premium edition covers. In the cover she appears in, she's floating next to Shao Kahn's face. The last time she was on an MK cover was on MK3's arcade machine, so this was a great joy for me to see. The only bummer is that they used her old MKD render, which I was bored of by then already. Would it have been so hard to make a new render for her? Still, it's not everyday that Sindel makes it to the cover of an MK game so of course I went mad about finding and buying a copy of this.

Gameplay-wise, she’s the same as in MKD except minus Fu Jow Pai. Her air combos are pretty good, but too stiff-looking for the most part.

Can’t say anything about her fatalities cuz she’s got what everyone else gots. (How horribly unsatisfying).

As for her story in this game.... Her bio was never released. They pulled the plug on the MKA bios before Sindel ever got a chance to have one. How depressing. Oh I can only wonder what adventure they would have taken her on. Would she have remained Queen of Edenia but with a new conflict and goal? Would she have ascended into a goddess? Would she have lost her status as Queen of Edenia? Would she have had anything to do with Shao Kahn once again? Would she have remained in Kitana's shadow still? Or would she have gone through something totally unexpected and unlike any of these things?

One can only wonder. *sighs* Hopefully next-gen will do the trick.

Watch her ending here...

Or click here (Scroll to "Ending")

Future Video Games

Most people agree that Sindel is unlikely to return for Mortal Kombat 8 and after, but I feel there is a chance she might be seen again. If Midway decides to make a sequel to successful MK: Shaolin Monks and its storyline revolves around MK3, then Sindel will most likely make an appearance in that game of some sort since she played a prominent role in that game. Other than that, though, Armageddon will most likely be the last time she is seen again, and it makes me wanna cry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that’s my bitch for ya. I love her to death. The reason why Sindel means a lot to me is because she’s a prime example of strong and bold femininity to me. She carries those fun awesome powers and those intimidating, goddess-haired, brisk, and powerful womanly qualities that I just love female characters to have. There's just something big about her image. It feels like it can fill a whole room or something.

Well, please post any comments you have about Sindel, hopefully good ones, or any comments about this thread in general.

Thanks.

Chrome
About Me

03/28/2007 03:49 PM (UTC)
Sindel is goth at best. Not gothic.
MyQueenSindel
03/29/2007 01:56 AM (UTC)
Long live the Queen. Just look at how fantasticly awesome our BITCH is. I can't believe she's lacking Sindelians. the videos work great, all the pictures work, the bio's are correct, give this girl some DP's.

11/10
matthewhaddad
03/29/2007 11:14 AM (UTC)
Sindel is a great character. She was my third fave in MK3, though he 3D game appearances weren't all that awesome. She is still a great character.
RaydenwithaY
About Me

47.65kb

03/29/2007 02:52 PM (UTC)
I really don't like MK3 for its cartoony look and cyborgs. Sindel was one of the best things about the game, IMO. Her look is amazing, and its been a joy to see all the kollected sindel art on this thread. Great stuff!
Sub-Zero_7th
03/29/2007 11:54 PM (UTC)
Well, like I said in your other Sindel-related thread, I like her, and I think she has some potential for the next-gen MK. Her dying and Kitana taking her place as Queen of Edenia would be predictable and boring, imo. I would rather Sindel still be Queen but for her story to flesh out more so that she has more significance to the overall story. I mean, it's kind of a shame that she's been overshadowed by Kitana, who is Edenia's Princess.

I personally don't have any concrete story ideas for her at the moment. With Taven most likely becoming Edenia's new Protector God, Sindel's story could go beyond just the Edenia plot.

Look-wise, I wasn't too fond of it in MK3-MKT, despite Lia Montelongo being pretty. On the other hand, I was quite fond of her look in the horrid MK: Annihilation. She was probably one of the few good things about the movie, and no, I'm not counting the acting into this.I think it would be cool if Sindel had a costume look inspired by her MK: Annihilation look. In MKD/MKA, I felt her look was much improved, and I do like her alternate costume, which is both somewhat regal and also somewhat dominatrix-like. My only problem with her revamped look is the hair. Even though it has improved from the Elvira-ish hairdo, there is a lot of hair that goes back down. Maybe if her hair had a bit more volume (I hope that's the right word.), it would look kind of better.

Gameplay-wise, good in MK3-MKT, kinda bad in MKD, horrible in MKA. I do think that Zha Chuan (more commonly known as Cha Chuan) fits her well. There are of course other styles that I see fitting her like Pi Gua Zhang (To Chrome: Keep in mind that regardless of what Pi Gua was like in the past, depending on which of the stories you like to go by, the Pi Gua of today is not unlike Tai Chi Chuan and Ba Gua Zhang.), Fujian Baihequan, Yongchun Baihequan, Tantui, and others.

For her specials, I preferred the way her Scream was in MK3-MKT. I miss her Air Fireball, and it was a shame that she didn't have that in MKD and MKA. The Levitation is not THAT important, but it would be nice to see IF it were done well, namely it being useful but not broken.

Overall, Sindel is an appealing character with potential. I don't expect her to do anything too major, but I would like to see a lot more done with her as well as some of her past explored.
DarkKard4
03/30/2007 04:20 AM (UTC)
I loved her in the 2-d days. She was really fun to play with, but now not so much.

<3
QueenSindel(TheBitch)
03/30/2007 06:21 PM (UTC)
So what do you guys think Sindel's chances of returning for next-gen are? And what are her chances compared to other female kombatants?
MyQueenSindel
04/01/2007 04:37 AM (UTC)
I also just realized how right you were about the Jarek whip thingy. That's a pretty big rip-off towards Sindel. I also think back to how much I hated versing Jareks due to their whoring of his whip and now that I think about it... I should be the one doing the whoring!!

Aslo, Sindel did actually have one new string added to her moveslist in Zha chuan, and which is 1,1,4 Just thought It'd be best to add.

QueenSindel(TheBitch) Wrote:
So what do you guys think Sindel's chances of returning for next-gen are? And what are her chances compared to other female kombatants?

Obviously, I love Sindel, and any person with a little bit of creativity up their sleeve can invent a new and improved storyline for Sindel, but since all we have to decide that is Midway...... There's no hope.

The fact that Sindel like many other people are just going to...die in Armageddon, on the battle field with no honor to their origins is a disgrace to the character. Take Sindel. If Sindel happens to die on the battle field, that's pretty silly. If you want to get rid of her, at least throw in a good touch to her department, like she dies to save her daughter or her realm. etc.
QueenSindel(TheBitch)
04/01/2007 05:34 AM (UTC)
MyQueenSindel Wrote:

I agree. Especially about how most MK characters are going to die pointlessly. It makes no sense how the MK team has build up so much fanatical excitement through these characters and then just decide to abruptly throw them out the window.

My "Without the classic characters, MK8 and after will be doomed" thread was all about this. Some people said it makes sense to dispose of most current characters cuz lots of their stories have become stale, but like u said, a bit of creativity can easily change that. And yeah, they should at least all die in character-unique ways.

The coolest, most bomb-ass story I could think of for Sindel is her getting teamed up with Shao Kahn, not because she wants to, but because she HAS to for the sake of something. Like they need to compromise they're hatred in order to combine they resources against something that threatens both of them, like a person or thing more powerful than them. Then, they WOULD be the unstoppable duo!

I doubt this will happen though, and I guess it's more of a personal fantasy since I think they make the coolest, hottest couple ever.

Even though most people think she won't return, I still think she has a chance of existing in the MK Universe of next-gen, but without necessarily being playable. Like she might still reign as Queen of Edenia or something like that but without really getting involved.
Sub-Zero_7th
04/01/2007 12:40 PM (UTC)
MyQueenSindel Wrote:
I also just realized how right you were about the Jarek whip thingy. That's a pretty big rip-off towards Sindel. I also think back to how much I hated versing Jareks due to their whoring of his whip and now that I think about it... I should be the one doing the whoring!!

Aslo, Sindel did actually have one new string added to her moveslist in Zha chuan, and which is 1,1,4 Just thought It'd be best to add.

It's not really a rip-off towards Sindel as she never had a lasso-type move or a whip-type move. However, it would've been cool if Sindel had a move like that involving her hair.

The 1, 1, 4 combo in Zha Chuan doesn't really do anything to improve her gameplay though. Btw, not sure why you're using the term "string" as string combos are not used in MK games.

For Sindel, it's kind of hard to say. I think chances will probably lean against her favor as she hasn't really had much story and character development. To me, there can be things done with her given the right story elements. Then again, the MK team might surprise us and have her return so that they can give her another chance and do more for her story. You never know...

The coolest, most bomb-ass story I could think of for Sindel is her getting teamed up with Shao Kahn, not because she wants to, but because she HAS to for the sake of something. Like they need to compromise they're hatred in order to combine they resources against something that threatens both of them, like a person or thing more powerful than them. Then, they WOULD be the unstoppable duo!

Yeah, remember the story concept I came up with? I think that kind of story idea could've worked had MKA not been the last game for this generation's story. I'm pretty sure that Sindel and Shao Kahn do not have mutual hatred for each other despite being enemies. While Sindel hates Shao Kahn, Shao Kahn loves Sindel. I'm not sure if he still harbors those particular feelings for her, but maybe there IS some hint of it left.

Even though most people think she won't return, I still think she has a chance of existing in the MK Universe of next-gen, but without necessarily being playable. Like she might still reign as Queen of Edenia or something like that but without really getting involved.

I'd rather this not happen as this doesn't do much for Sindel's story. If she's going to return, she should do more in her story, especially if it's something that'll take her out of Kitana's shadow.
mkflegend
04/01/2007 07:40 PM (UTC)
Chrome Wrote:
Sindel is goth at best. Not gothic.

What's the difference?Both are dark, both love black and both usually enjoy some type of rock music.Feel free to explain though.

Anyway, took ya long enough to make a Sindel thread lol.tongue Nice thread, Sindel I liked her more in the older games.Never liked her levitating move but love her other moves the scream, air fireball and regular fireball and is fun to play with.

The newer games, ehh she's better in MKD then in MKA but I don't like her nearly as much as she is in MK3/UMK3/MKT.

She's alright to me, not the worst, not the best.wink
QueenSindel(TheBitch)
04/01/2007 08:50 PM (UTC)
Sub-Zero_7th Wrote:
For Sindel, it's kind of hard to say. I think chances will probably lean against her favor as she hasn't really had much story and character development. To me, there can be things done with her given the right story elements. Then again, the MK team might surprise us and have her return so that they can give her another chance and do more for her story. You never know...

*jitters excitedly* Don't get my hopes up! LOL.

Honestly, though, if characters who haven't received much story and character development would return, then a huge chunk of characters would return, imo, like Jade, Frost, Nitara, Mavado, Ermac, etc. I'm hoping that her title as "Queen" would increase her chances of staying though. Then again, she's held that title since forever and she hasn't been seriously promoted or souped up like other characters since MK4, so.... who knows.

mkflegend Wrote:
Anyway, took ya long enough to make a Sindel thread lol.tongue

LMAO!

Yeah, the truth is, I was kinda hoping someone else would make a Sindel thread since I thought it would be too eye-rolling if I did it since I'm always bragging about her, being her #1 fan and all.

Well, I'm glad I got to it before anyone else though cuz I made it special with all the videos and stuff. So no regrets.tongue
Sub-Zero_7th
04/02/2007 01:14 AM (UTC)
To mkflegend: Goth and gothic are two different terms. Goth has to do with a particular sub-culture while gothic can refer to a certain form of architecture or a bunch of other things.

To QueenSindel(TheBitch): Well, it can really go different ways. I didn't exactly get your hopes up as I had said that chances are more likely going to favor against her returning.

Given that Taven becomes the new Protector God of Edenia, it could be likely that Edenia itself will be given a bit more focus in the future stories, which could work for or against Sindel depending on whether or not Taven will overshadow her.

Then again, perhaps Armageddon is a failure at bringing stability to the realms and that Taven will have to deal with finding a solution to that problem and possibly deal with Rain. If something like that happens, that can give Sindel other things to do. I would like to see her somewhat extend just Edenia. When it comes to Edenia itself, I feel she definitely needs to be shown dealing with the diplomatic and military matters as opposed to Kitana or at least more so than her. EDIT: One more thing... XiahouDun84 is a big fan of Kitana and he did his Kitana discussion so it's no problem or anything that you do your Sindel discussion thread.
QueenSindel(TheBitch)
04/02/2007 02:46 AM (UTC)
Sub-Zero_7th Wrote:
To QueenSindel(TheBitch): Well, it can really go different ways. I didn't exactly get your hopes up as I had said that chances are more likely going to favor against her returning.

Oh, yes I see now. I must have misread. Sorry.

Incidentally, I think her chances of returning, which are slim to none, have more to do with her gameplay and promotion than her story.

Certain characters, such as Mileena, Baraka, Shujinko, Bo Rai' Cho, and Ermac, have been getting huge pushes from the MK team since Deception. Sindel has not been one of the front and center characters since after MK3/UMK3/MKT. So she hasn't been very visible lately and has been treated more as a supporting or background character. She's a fan favorite to some, but not enough and I think it's because of this.

Then gameplay-wise, her Zha Chuan was made very slow with few moves that would knockdown, pop-up, or disable enemies in other ways. Her powers are effect, but her scream doesn't execute very quickly and gives her opponent a long time to smack her if they block, her foot grab doesn't do much damage and the same thing happens if it's blocked, and she doesn't have other effect or tricky moves to help her out. And like I said, for Armageddon, certain characters got new throws (everyone wanted her Hair Whip back), new moves (she didn't get crap), or new air attacks (she could have seriously used her air fireball) and they didn't give her anything.

Her story is important, but it's not what's ever most conspicuous about a character in video games.
Sub-Zero_7th
04/02/2007 09:20 AM (UTC)
Sub-Zero_7th Wrote:

Oh, yes I see now. I must have misread. Sorry.

Incidentally, I think her chances of returning, which are slim to none, have more to do with her gameplay and promotion than her story.

Certain characters, such as Mileena, Baraka, Shujinko, Bo Rai' Cho, and Ermac, have been getting huge pushes from the MK team since Deception. Sindel has not been one of the front and center characters since after MK3/UMK3/MKT. So she hasn't been very visible lately and has been treated more as a supporting or background character. She's a fan favorite to some, but not enough and I think it's because of this.

Then gameplay-wise, her Zha Chuan was made very slow with few moves that would knockdown, pop-up, or disable enemies in other ways. Her powers are effect, but her scream doesn't execute very quickly and gives her opponent a long time to smack her if they block, her foot grab doesn't do much damage and the same thing happens if it's blocked, and she doesn't have other effect or tricky moves to help her out. And like I said, for Armageddon, certain characters got new throws (everyone wanted her Hair Whip back), new moves (she didn't get crap), or new air attacks (she could have seriously used her air fireball) and they didn't give her anything.

Her story is important, but it's not what's ever most conspicuous about a character in video games.

Yeah, but this is MK we're talking about. Story plays an important role in who returns as well as simply who the MK team wants to bring back.

Characters like Baraka and Bo' Rai Cho are pretty much done for. Bo' Rai Cho, despite being an interesting archetypical character, would perhaps do better off dead. Baraka has been a flat, one-dimensional character throughout the series, and I doubt they'll do much for his actual story, so I'm pretty sure it's the end for him.

I really don't think gameplay plays much of a factor in determining who returns.
QueenSindel(TheBitch)
04/02/2007 07:03 PM (UTC)
Sub-Zero_7th Wrote:
Yeah, but this is MK we're talking about. Story plays an important role in who returns as well as simply who the MK team wants to bring back.

Characters like Baraka and Bo' Rai Cho are pretty much done for. Bo' Rai Cho, despite being an interesting archetypical character, would perhaps do better off dead. Baraka has been a flat, one-dimensional character throughout the series, and I doubt they'll do much for his actual story, so I'm pretty sure it's the end for him.

I really don't think gameplay plays much of a factor in determining who returns.

Well, yeah story plays an important role in MK, but Armageddon didn't even come with bios, decent endings, or an interesting overall story. So what does that say about story being a character qualification to return for next-gen? I think the MK team is gonna select the money-makers (like already Scorp and Sub) to return instead of the characters that could best contribute to a good story.

And gameplay is very important in who returns. Especially special moves. Would Scorpion be the MK bigshot if it weren't for his "get over here" move? Special moves and fatalities are what hugely add to the attractiveness of a character, and Sindel's latest special moves have been a little bit too dull and very limited. And I mean, you can find about a dozen different old threads about people wanting her Hair move to return.
if you didnt check them out b4 check out the pictures i drew of her in the art section i know there out of proportion but i did draw them when i was very out of practice and hadnt drawn for some time.
long live the queen
mkflegend
04/02/2007 11:27 PM (UTC)
Sub-Zero_7th Wrote:
To mkflegend: Goth and gothic are two different terms. Goth has to do with a particular sub-culture while gothic can refer to a certain form of architecture or a bunch of other things.

Given that Taven becomes the new Protector God of Edenia, it could be likely that Edenia itself will be given a bit more focus in the future stories, which could work for or against Sindel depending on whether or not Taven will overshadow her.

Then again, perhaps Armageddon is a failure at bringing stability to the realms and that Taven will have to deal with finding a solution to that problem and possibly deal with Rain. If something like that happens, that can give Sindel other things to do. I would like to see her somewhat extend just Edenia. When it comes to Edenia itself, I feel she definitely needs to be shown dealing with the diplomatic and military matters as opposed to Kitana or at least more so than her.

EDIT: One more thing...

XiahouDun84 is a big fan of Kitana and he did his Kitana discussion so it's no problem or anything that you do your Sindel discussion thread.

Ohh ok, thanks.I used to think that Goth was just short for Gothic.

To QS(The Bitch) yeah well honestly I feel that the number #1 of every character should be the one to make the thread for them.

Example, me with Ermac, Fujin and Cyrax.I love them and I'm very obsessed with those characters.

You love Sindel.grinBTW, I posted a responce in my KAK thread addressing your post.Check it out.wink

Hope to see some hot, kinky sindel look alike or perhaps you.tongue

QueenSindel(TheBitch)
04/03/2007 01:52 AM (UTC)
mkflegend Wrote:
You love Sindel.BTW, I posted a responce in my KAK thread addressing your post.Check it out.wink

Remember the pic you posted of yourself in my "Ladies Only" thread? Well, that camera-shyness of yours is nothing compared to mine. The most of myself I'd be willing to post online is probably a finger or something. Maybe the back of my neck. lol

longlivequeensindel Wrote:
if you didnt check them out b4 check out the pictures i drew of her in the art section i know there out of proportion but i did draw them when i was very out of practice and hadnt drawn for some time.

I can't find the art section you're talking about. Can u post a link? I really wanna see the pictures.
MegaBabe
About Me
♪♫♪♪♫♪
04/03/2007 04:29 AM (UTC)
I edited your post because embedding flash is not allowed so instead I linked them.
danadbab
About Me

Hello

04/03/2007 05:12 AM (UTC)
Sub-Zero_7th ~ Sindels game play isnt garbage. it just needs a few tweaks.

its too late now, but all the MK team needed to do was give her Tanyas MKA Airfireball and a new throw. BAM she'd be upper mid tier in MKA.

sad the mk team have no clue how their own game is played confused'

Thread starter ~ i actually like her Leg grab so speak for yourself.

everything else you said was good.

seems you really didnt like her as much in MKD/MKA. too bad FJP was great for her in MKA. too bad her throw was garbage and still is sad

when and if i get time ill post some fighting stratigies.
QueenSindel(TheBitch)
04/03/2007 05:20 PM (UTC)
danadbab Wrote:
Thread starter ~ i actually like her Leg grab so speak for yourself. seems you really didnt like her as much in MKD/MKA.

I like her Sliding Foot Grab but it wasn't an eye-popping move like her other classics. And it was a move more suitable for Tanya or Nitara. Her classics should have returned before any brand-new moves, imo.

And I did like her in MKD/MKA, definitely not as much as in MK3, but she could have easily been a hundred times better with a few changes and additions here and there.
Sub-Zero_7th
04/03/2007 09:22 PM (UTC)
danadbab Wrote:
Sub-Zero_7th ~ Sindels game play isnt garbage. it just needs a few tweaks.

its too late now, but all the MK team needed to do was give her Tanyas MKA Airfireball and a new throw. BAM she'd be upper mid tier in MKA.

sad the mk team have no clue how their own game is played confused'

Thread starter ~ i actually like her Leg grab so speak for yourself.

everything else you said was good.

seems you really didnt like her as much in MKD/MKA. too bad FJP was great for her in MKA. too bad her throw was garbage and still is sad

when and if i get time ill post some fighting stratigies.

What about Zha Chuan? As far as I know, it doesn't have that many useful tools in it. Shouldn't that style be toned up also or is it possibly better due to her style changing combo going to attack 4 in Kwan Dao?

Yeah, it's sad that they don't know how to play their own game, and it's even sadder that they didn't fix Sindel's throw when Malone gave Boon those glitch videos...

When it comes to her Sliding Foot Grab, I don't really mind the move itself. It's just that from a gameplay perspective, I don't find it to be all that useful.

When it comes to not liking her as much in MKD/MKA, I don't know if I can really confirm that. I liked her look a lot better, that's for sure, especially her alternate costume. I just felt her story was weak and that more could've been done for her. I had more fun playing as her in MKD than in MKA.

Yeah, FJP was great for her in MKD due to the moves it had. However, I feel that Zha Chuan suits her better. That's just my opinion, of course.

I'd love to read your fighting strategies on her.
mkflegend
04/03/2007 09:52 PM (UTC)
mkflegend Wrote:
You love Sindel.BTW, I posted a responce in my KAK thread addressing your post.Check it out.wink

Remember the pic you posted of yourself in my "Ladies Only" thread? Well, that camera-shyness of yours is nothing compared to mine. The most of myself I'd be willing to post online is probably a finger or something. Maybe the back of my neck. lol

longlivequeensindel Wrote:

I can't find the art section you're talking about. Can u post a link? I really wanna see the pictures.

lol, good point.I am camera shy.smile
Pages: 3
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.