Hell Spire Ver. 2 -fake-
posted11/10/2007 04:50 AM (UTC)by
UltimateRyu
Upgraded with cleaner effects and lighting. It also contains more streamlined sprite/prop placement

Ekule
11/04/2007 08:04 PM (UTC)
Everything but Shang Tsung himself looks good in this. I would of liked either another pose, the green glow to be red, or a altered sprite. Something to liven the left hand side of the screen up. Right side=good, left side=dull.
Elnino
11/04/2007 10:17 PM (UTC)
It's like....almost exactly the same as the original. The hell looks kinda darker though. And you still didn't try to fix the floor problem.
Cyber_EV1L
11/05/2007 12:11 AM (UTC)
I don't see any improvements,it looks the same like the other one...
xtactics
11/05/2007 01:03 AM (UTC)
Elnino Wrote:
And you still didn't try to fix the floor problem.

That's cause the floor's copy o' paste.
K1LLKANO
About Me

Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but some peoples' eyes need some serious medical attention.

11/05/2007 05:52 AM (UTC)
I really would like to view the original and ver. 2 next to each other. I'm guessing that the difference is minimal if anything at all. Nothing looks updated or improved, or even changed for that matter...

So...

K1LLKANO Wrote:

No editing done here, aside from an overlay of red put on Nightwolf for the wound effects. Those don't look so hot that way as it is. There is no wound, just red colored skin. I'm willing to bet that this wasn't edited either, but a pre-fab

Blood is the same as always (high punch spray from MK3) which is even more copy and paste... I'm surprised that no one has pointed this out before.

And really, that red stuff looks poorly done, like you couldn't decide if you wanted it red or gray at first or you used a poor choice on the layer blending options, because it is really desaturated and flat looking. It has no body or volume.

Anyway, congratulations on "editing" this by rotating Nightwolfs bow and adding a drop shadow behind Tsung's hands.

BTW, since when did Tsung have dominion over Hell? He can control souls, but not the ones he doesn't physically remove through magic... So the green power and red effect don't go well, unless of course you release this on Christmas.

-K1LLKANO

Consistently crusading to condition civilization how to criticize crudely created compositions.
UltimateRyu
11/05/2007 11:06 PM (UTC)
Ekule Wrote:Everything but Shang Tsung himself looks good in this. I would of liked either another pose, the green glow to be red, or a altered sprite. Something to liven the left hand side of the screen up. Right side=good, left side=dull.

Yea deciding the color of Shang's power glow was a tough one. I decided to stay true to his character and go with green, since that color isn't exclusive to his soul powers.
Elnino
11/06/2007 01:22 AM (UTC)
UltimateRyu Wrote:
Ekule Wrote:Everything but Shang Tsung himself looks good in this. I would of liked either another pose, the green glow to be red, or a altered sprite. Something to liven the left hand side of the screen up. Right side=good, left side=dull.

Yea deciding the color of Shang's power glow was a tough one. I decided to stay true to his character and go with green, since that color isn't exclusive to his soul powers.

Notice how he always gives feedback to his good comments. Never giving explanations to the bad ones.
xtactics
11/06/2007 01:58 AM (UTC)
Elnino Wrote:
Notice how he always gives feedback to his good comments. Never giving explanations to the bad ones.

Not much to say when you get owned.
Cyber_EV1L Wrote:
Precisely.

And K1LL, you rock. Now where is Zentile and the pwnage is complete.
Elnino
11/06/2007 02:45 AM (UTC)
BloodSplatter-ChainsawMan Wrote:
Cyber_EV1L Wrote:
Precisely.

Seriously, you rock. He ripped this fake to shreds!
Cyber_EV1L
11/06/2007 04:15 AM (UTC)
Cyber_EV1L Wrote:
Precisely.

It's just a matter of time my friend,it's just a matter of time.
kingjolly
11/06/2007 05:25 AM (UTC)
UltimateRyu.....you're an Ultimate Joke.
kingjolly Wrote:
UltimateRyu.....you're an Ultimate Joke.
Exactly.glasses
MortalKombat2007
11/06/2007 03:23 PM (UTC)
Elnino Wrote:

It beats flaming. Keep it up Ryu.
As for the fake. I am not really diggin it. 2/5
UltimateRyu
11/06/2007 10:37 PM (UTC)
MortalKombat2007 Wrote:
It beats flaming. Keep it up Ryu.

As for the fake. I am not really diggin it. 2/5.

Stay tuned for a superior version 3, it may sway your view of it.
Zentile
11/06/2007 10:55 PM (UTC)
Cyber_EV1L Wrote:
Cyber_EV1L Wrote:
Precisely.

It's just a matter of time my friend,it's just a matter of time.

Well I really didn't want to post in this absolutely absurd thread, but if the crowd insists...

I think pretty much everything that's wrong with this pic has already been said...

It's really just a creative wreck and lack of creativity or skill.

So, yeah. Suckage.
UltimateRyu
11/07/2007 01:11 AM (UTC)
I didnt realize trollfest 2007 was in town. Take me to your leader. Oh wait I already found him ^
Zentile
11/07/2007 02:27 AM (UTC)
I believe in my heart I'm one of your most loyal supporters. If you put out good stuff, I'll let you know. I've been ignoring a lot of your shit lately.
Iori9
11/07/2007 04:15 AM (UTC)
UltimateRyu Wrote:
I didnt realize trollfest 2007 was in town. Take me to your leader. Oh wait I already found him ^

Who is "trolling" exactly?
Cyber_EV1L
11/07/2007 05:11 AM (UTC)
UltimateRyu Wrote:

Dude,take it easy...I don't bitch about people criticizing about my pictures(I'm not the best drawer you know).
sean79
About Me
11/07/2007 05:33 AM (UTC)
Lol...

I love this thread, All the Users throwing insults at UR.

tongue
fedegita
11/07/2007 08:33 AM (UTC)
UltimateRyu Wrote:
I didnt realize trollfest 2007 was in town

Trollfest are in town? fuck me dead I'm there
UltimateRyu Wrote:
Wow man. We ain't out to get you, but at the same time we can't say that this is perfect. Maybe you need to take a break from the fakes until a more original idea comes in.

Really, man, you gotta learn to take criticism.
Zentile
11/07/2007 05:37 PM (UTC)
Just think for a minute, UR. Why the hell would we want to troll on you? How would that benefit us? We don't criticize for no reason, we're not picking on you.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.