Official Stryker Thread
posted04/11/2008 11:03 PM (UTC)by
Cyberote
About Me

I know what you're probably thinkin...Stryker? What's wrong with this guy? But, I like Stryker and I thought he was very powerful in MK3. He's one of the more unappreciated characters in MK due to his more urban appearance, but the events of MK3 were urban, it's on Earth! I think his new look is just...meh. I don't like it, I don't hate it, just meh. So, what are your opinions about this Stryker fella?
Stryker ain't terrible, but he's not great. There's still a bunch of things we don't know about him.

Personally, I've got to organize some things for him in my fanfic, MK: The Seat of Power.
mistress_kizuna
11/27/2007 07:21 PM (UTC)
I agree. I like Stryker as well. Sure, he's not a Shaolin Monk, or an Outworld mercenary, whatever, but he's arguably the most realistic character in MK. I think Stryker's a true hero in MK.

Besides, I've often been a fan of the underdog types. And his gameplay is actually really good. I hope his story inbetween MK3 and Armageddon will be described more in depth.
ErmacFan
About Me

"Bad stuff happen and things go wrong, but just remember; life goes on."
~Humus~
11/29/2007 04:44 AM (UTC)
i dont know why, but i considered Kabal and Stryker to be somewhat unfit for MK, they just stick out or they dont in the storyline cuz they only appeared once or twice in the series...overall, adding Stryker to the storyline was as bad as adding shinnok
Cyberote
11/30/2007 08:50 PM (UTC)
I don't see how Kabal could stick out too much. But yeah, I wish they had more to do with the story. Stryker doesn't even know anything about how or why he was chosen over many others to defend Earthrealm.
shaggysorceror
About Me

Look, now Baraka has grown hair and beard! Shit, the time does fly...

12/02/2007 12:47 AM (UTC)
lol, there are realistic combatants in MK?

If we set aside the most illusionistic features such as weird non-human races and realms, Animalities, fireballs, invisibility, levitation, shapeshifting, etc.... and concentrate on the 'everyday' side of MK, like common hits, and jumps..., even these contain a note of phantasy and improbability. For example, a combatant with only little health bar left isn't at all dizzy or exhausted or wounded after all the hits he received from his opponent, but still is spry and vivid like he was with a 100% full health bar... Then, there are exaggerated uppercuts and roundhouses: could an uppercut in my face really lift my body 5 metres above the ground? Unless Hulk Hogan hit me, though even he should be that much strong.

As for the topic, I am sorry Stryker could never actually shoot at least some small, ordinary fireballs or some other strange move... His flight over the arena (in the 'baton toss' move) showed he still isn't a mere cop with no superhuman abilities.
Wu-TangStyle
04/11/2008 06:57 PM (UTC)
easily one of the better characters in the mortal kombat universe, he's so underrated though; i can sort of understand why people don't like him because hes uninspirational, but to me the fact he was bought into the equation, before tobias left means that he is one of the origional cast of characters. And he was also thought up way before the overrated characters such as kenshi.

Personally i rate Stryker in my top10.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seeing as nobody has covered any information on him, i will hapily do the task as an avid Stryker fan.

Kurtis Stryker

img Src="http://www.mortalkombatwarehouse.com/mka/stryker/cutout.png">
Bio:

Place of Origin: Earthrealm (New York / America)
Alignment: Good
Allies: None
Foes: None
Height: 6'2'' (188 cm)
Weight: 210 lbs (95 kg)
Species: Human
Fighting Style: Hua Chuan
Weapons of Choice: Explosives, Frearms, Tasers, and Nightsticks

About Stryker:

Kurtis Stryker was intended to be one of the origional cast of fighters in Mortal Kombat 1 - who would have been as we now know Jax. He was dropped from the game inplace of Sonya Blade. It wasn't until Mortal Kombat 3, where Kurtis Stryker was one of the few survivng Earth Realm warriors chosen by Raiden to defend EarthRealm that he would become an actual character in the game.

Storyline and Overview:

"Kurtis Stryker was the leader of a riot control brigade when shao kahn began taking souls. He finds himself the lone survivor of a city once populated by millions" - Mortal Kombat 3 Biography
He is also noted to been a Marine having served in the Gulf War. Stryker did not understand why his life had been spared until he recieved a vision from Raiden, instructing him to head west in order to meet with the other chosen warriors and learn about the importance of his survival. Along with the other warriors, Stryker assisted in liberating Earthrealm from Shao Kahn's clutches. Stryker didn't make another appearence until Deception where he is seen aspiring to become a Seidan guard in Orderrealm.

Other Information:

Was Intended to be in Mortal Kombat 1 - but was later dropped in favour of Sonya Blade
His origional look was given to the fighter known as Jax
John Tobias thought that he would become one of the most popular characters in the game
Is mentioned in the second movie as being captured by Rain along with Kabal.
Is one of the main Protagonists of MK: Defenders of the Realm, and his last name is mispelled in the closing credits.

If you have anymore information you wish me to add to this post than do not hesitate to tell me so and i will add it - though i am sure i covered everything about Stryker.
Sub_ZER0
04/11/2008 08:33 PM (UTC)
Wow, a 1-year bump. This is stuff of legends people.
Skarlett
04/11/2008 08:44 PM (UTC)
^what he said
MK-4-LIFE
04/11/2008 11:03 PM (UTC)
Actually, it was only a 4 month bump... still bumping though.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.