According to subbys myspace
posted01/31/2008 07:18 AM (UTC)by
Iron_Knuckles
The MK team is currently preforming the motion capture for the latest MK game... Sounds like good news to me!

Who do you think runs that myspace page?
outworld222
01/14/2008 11:33 PM (UTC)
That is very good.
firesnake
01/15/2008 07:32 AM (UTC)
Better then no news.
-Brad-
01/15/2008 07:58 AM (UTC)
wink
Adam Ronin
01/15/2008 08:43 AM (UTC)
does that mean then that....they have barely done shit in the last 2 years? seems like that should be a fairly early thing
mkflegend
01/15/2008 10:22 PM (UTC)
No, it means they're umm making and working on the game.

Motion capture is so cool when used in any video game.glasses
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

01/15/2008 10:25 PM (UTC)
"does that mean then that....they have barely done shit in the last 2 years? seems like that should be a fairly early thing"

LMAO...sound enough logic.
**EDIT**well, they have built a new fighting engine so i guess it makes sence....build the engine->create fighters arena,etc->mocap->place mocap into game->play test->tweak....you get where i'm going with this
and yes, mocap is pretty sweet......except when it breeds joke charactars...then everyone gets hurt.
massdeath
01/16/2008 12:34 AM (UTC)
Which "Sub-Zero" is the official Midway one?
outworld222
01/16/2008 01:09 AM (UTC)
GoDisNotHereTODAY Wrote:
does that mean then that....they have barely done shit in the last 2 years? seems like that should be a fairly early thing

Whatever gave you that idea?confusedI thought you people said they've been working on it before even MKA was released.?
Joe-Von-Zombie
About Me

Sig by MINION

01/16/2008 02:00 AM (UTC)
massdeath Wrote:
Which "Sub-Zero" is the official Midway one?

http://www.myspace.com/mka_subzero
Joe-Von-Zombie
About Me

Sig by MINION

01/16/2008 02:09 AM (UTC)
where did it say this?
-Brad-
01/16/2008 04:08 AM (UTC)
It was at the same place it now says, “Sub-Zero is heading back to Outworld.”
Adam Ronin
01/16/2008 04:17 AM (UTC)
outworld222 Wrote:
GoDisNotHereTODAY Wrote:

Whatever gave you that idea?confusedI thought you people said they've been working on it before even MKA was released.?

I'm only saying because I thought motion capture was like an early thing done in the development in an MK game. I could be wrong though
outworld222
01/16/2008 04:41 AM (UTC)
GoDisNotHereTODAY Wrote:
outworld222 Wrote:
GoDisNotHereTODAY Wrote:

I'm only saying because I thought motion capture was like an early thing done in the development in an MK game. I could be wrong though

Hmm....interesting.
seanay
01/17/2008 06:25 PM (UTC)
-Brad- Wrote:
It was at the same place it now says, “Sub-Zero is heading back to Outworld.”

yea i read that too...

i thinka its just someone been stupid, if they are up to the mokap bit they could at least show a arena pik or at least a sketch!
EagleClaw4
01/18/2008 05:18 AM (UTC)
so no one knows who operates those pages?
Onaga
01/18/2008 08:59 PM (UTC)
I just figured it might have been John Vogel having a laugh
operating the Scoprion and Sub-Zero pages
-Brad-
01/18/2008 09:37 PM (UTC)
It’s actually legit.

come ‘ere
mkflegend
01/19/2008 03:03 AM (UTC)
ha, ha original ^

Yeah, FTR MK has have used MC for a while now.glasses
lastfighter89
01/19/2008 12:42 PM (UTC)
it's a false hint...or it may be right.
just like jericho's returning videos in WWE.
However have you noticed something weird on midway boards?
in the "future games" section on the upper part of the screen there's a a scorpion pic with all his fighting stance from 2d and 3d games,followed by a interrogation mark.
is it a clue hinting that scorpion is on mk8?
m0s3pH
About Me

Mortal Kombat Online - Community Manager

| Twitch | YouTube | Lawful Chaos |

Signature and avatar by ThePredator151

01/19/2008 06:47 PM (UTC)
I find it comical that people are taking a MK character's MySpace page (probably run by some 12 year old) as progress on MK8.

Can we please wait for some official info?
Darklord_Xel
01/19/2008 11:06 PM (UTC)
GoDisNotHereTODAY Wrote:
outworld222 Wrote:
GoDisNotHereTODAY Wrote:

Pre-Production->Planning->Conceptualizing->Basic Engine->Basic Graphics->Motion Capture->Finished Engine->Finished Graphics->Gold

Insert 'Debugging' after every step, btw.
lastfighter89
01/20/2008 01:53 PM (UTC)
the profiles are official for what i know...or not?
Adam Ronin
01/20/2008 05:43 PM (UTC)
Darklord_Xel Wrote:
GoDisNotHereTODAY Wrote:
outworld222 Wrote:
GoDisNotHereTODAY Wrote:

Pre-Production->Planning->Conceptualizing->Basic Engine->Basic Graphics->Motion Capture->Finished Engine->Finished Graphics->Gold

Insert 'Debugging' after every step, btw.

Ah, very cool! I always wondered what the process was. Thanks!
Ninja_Mime
01/20/2008 11:23 PM (UTC)
m0s3pH Wrote:
I find it comical that people are taking a MK character's MySpace page (probably run by some 12 year old) as progress on MK8.

Can we please wait for some official info?

The Official MKA site linked to the Scorpion and Sub-Zero MySpace accounts.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.