~~Official Shao Kahn Thread~~ WARNING EMBED VIDEOS
posted03/16/2008 02:25 AM (UTC)by
MK-4-LIFE
About Me
Shao Kahn, emperor of Outworld is one of the few characters who has had the same appearance since his debut.

Post anything and everything to do with Shao Kahn here.

=================================================================================================================================================================================================================

Storyline:

Shao Kahn originally served as an advisor to Onaga when the latter ruled Outworld as the Dragon King. Onaga's Empire had become the most powerful in the realms and so he began searching for a way to become immortal. Before his goal could be realized, Shao Kahn made his move by poisoning Onaga and taking his kingdom. Leading whatever troops that remained loyal to the Dragon King, Kahn continued many of the former emperor's plans. He continued to add lesser realms to Outworld, either through direct conquest or through Mortal Kombat.

A milestone in his military victories was the merging of Edenia with Outworld. After his warriors had won in Mortal Kombat, Kahn invaded the realm. On the battlefield, Kahn killed King Jerrod, and took Queen Sindel as his wife, raising her daughter, Princess Kitana, as his own. He had the young princess trained as his personal guard and as an assassin. Sindel took her own life in an attempt to escape subservience to the Emperor. Unwilling to be denied, Kahn held her soul in Outworld, stopping her transition to the afterlife.

Many years later, Kahn chose Earthrealm as his next conquest. He sent Shang Tsung and eventually Goro to Earthrealm to prepare it for an invasion in the event of Goro maintaining his position of champion. A turning point came when Prince Goro defeated the Great Kung Lao and started a winning streak that would last for 500 years. Shang Tsung, a shapeshifter, supervised the tournament. The tenth Mortal Kombat however, saw the defeat of both Goro and Shang Tsung by a Shaolin monk, Liu Kang, ruining five hundred years of Tsung's investment. Shang Tsung begged Shao Kahn for his life, and came up with a plan to lure Earth's chosen warriors to Outworld for a second tournament. Shao Kahn spared Tsung's life and restored his youth. If Earthrealm's champions could be killed, they would not be able to cause further damage to Kahn's plans. With the captured Kano and Sonya Blade as bait, and enraging Liu Kang by sending Baraka and his troops to destroy the Shaolin temples, they confidently waited for the Earth warriors to fall into the trap. Despite Kahn's vast power, Liu Kang's determination saw him through, and he defeated the despot. Unwilling to accept defeat, Kahn called his armies to destroy the Earthrealm warriors. They fled back to Earthrealm, out of Kahn's clutches.

By this time, Shang Tsung was able to resurrect Queen Sindel in Earthrealm, and Kahn would be able to cross the border to claim her. Kahn had Tsung proceed, and once he invaded Earthrealm, he began to merge it with his own realm of Outworld. Nearly every living being in Earthrealm had their souls ripped from their bodies by Kahn, claiming them as his own. Kahn's day finally seemed to have come. Kahn sent extermination squads to hunt them down and kill the remaining survivors, but Lord Raiden had protected the souls of a handful of warriors. It would be their task to try to stop Kahn, and return Earthrealm to its normal state. In the ensuing fights, Kahn was confronted by Kung Lao, another Shaolin monk and descendant of the warrior Goro defeated to become champion of Mortal Kombat, but Kahn crushed him. It was Liu Kang who again managed to defeat Kahn. Worn down from the battle, Kahn recalled his squads and retreated back to Outworld. This stopped the merger with Outworld, and restored Earthrealm to its original status. To make matters worse for Kahn, many of his loyal soldiers had abandoned him, and Kitana had succeeded in turning Sindel to her side, restoring Edenia as an independent realm.

The emperor was now greatly weakened, and would remain so for a period of several years, remaining inactive during Shinnok's war against the gods. The Edenians had in the meantime made peace and military treaties with the Shokan, on whom Kahn had always heavily relied, and were ready to attack Outworld a few years later. It was only through his new commander Kano's ingenuity, and the stealth of his unreliable assassin Noob Saibot (who critically wounded Goro) was Kahn able to save the day (in a manner of speaking) and force the Edenian army into a draw. Soon afterwards, the sorcerers Quan Chi and Shang Tsung entered his throne room, and swore false allegiance to the emperor. Quan Chi and Shang Tsung caught Shao Kahn off guard and seemingly killed him. This would appear to be the demise of the mighty Kahn. In the GameCube version of Mortal Kombat: Deception it is revealed that Kahn did not die, and that it was a clone that Quan Chi and Shang Tsung killed. The real Kahn appeared to the wounded Goro and, using what little power he had left, revived him, thus gaining Goro and the Shokan as allies once again.

In the events of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, Shao Kahn is the Emperor of Outworld once again. It was revealed in the bios of Shang Tsung and Mileena that Shao Kahn had regained power after Onaga's defeat, by storming his own fortress (then under the command of Mileena who had earlier deceived and used Kitana's Edenian force to capture the fortress) with the aid of Goro and Shang Tsung. When he succeeds in using his own brute force to storm the throne room, Mileena surrenders to him and Shao Kahn becomes Outworld's ruler once more.

Later on, he would go on to form an uneasy alliance with Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, and Onaga in the hopes of defeating Blaze and seizing his God-like powers.

Source: Answers.com

==================================================================================================================================================================================================================

Signature Moves:

- Charging Spikes: Shao Kahn would shoulder ram his opponent with a green streak following behind him, much like Johnny Cage's Shadow moves. (MKII, MK3, UMK3, MKT, MK:D, MK:U, MK:SM, MK:A)

- Wrath Hammer Attack: Shao Kahn would summon his Wrath Hammer, seemingly from thin air, and smash his opponent over the head with it. In Deception and on, the Wrath Hammer became a weapon style and thus was no longer needed as an individual special move. (MK3, UMK3, MKT)

- Explosive Blast: Shao Kahn would fire off a green star like fireball, seemingly from his mouth or eyes. (MK3, UMK3, MKT, MK:D, MK:U, MK:SM, MK:A)

- Uplifting Knee: Shao Kahn would perform a rising knee attack with a green streak following behind him, much like Johnny Cage's Shadow moves. (MK3, UMK3, MKT, MK:D, MK:U, MK:SM, MK:A)

- Ridicule: Shao Kahn would often taunt, mock, and of course ridicule his opponents with insults, mockery, or just plain laughter. A trademark of Shao Kahn's and what makes him one of the more memorable bosses in fighting game history. In Deception, performing a Ridicule could heal Shao Kahn, though only a tiny sliver of health would be recovered and could only be perform three times a match before it was automatically disabled. (MKII, MK3, UMK3, MKT, MK:D, MK:U, MK:SM, MK:A)

- Grab and Punch: Shao Kahn would lift his opponent up by the throat with one hand and then smash his fist into their face sending them sailing back. In Deception, this is simply his throw, and if performed next to death traps could automatically knock opponents into them. (MK3, UMK3, MKT, MK:D, MK:U, MK:A)

- Emperor's Shield: Shao Kahn would perform an uppercut like motion that would not only throw up a force field for a split second to deflect projectiles, but could also knock an opponent off his/her feet if physically too close. (MK:D, MK:U, MK:A)

Source: Answers.com

==================================================================================================================================================================================================================

Shao Kahn Picture:

=================================================================================================================================================================================================================

Shao Kahn Fatality #1:

Shao Kahn Fatality #2:

Shao Kahn Hara-Kiri:

Shao Kahn MK:D Trading Card:

Shao Kahn MK:D Ending:

Shao Kahn MK:A Ending:

Uh. . .you might wanna think twice on embedding Youtube vids here. . . It ain't allowed.

On topic, yes Kahn fucking rules. One of mah usebars call me his homie.
MK-4-LIFE
02/07/2008 08:51 PM (UTC)
BloodSplatter-ChainsawMan Wrote:
Uh. . .you might wanna think twice on embedding Youtube vids here. . . It ain't allowed.

I thought it was allowed in official threads only, like in the Official Havik and Hotaru Thread. They discuss it somewhere in there.
MK-4-LIFE Wrote:

I thought it was allowed in official threads only, like in the Official Havik and Hotaru Thread. They discuss it somewhere in there.
well ,QS(TB) (I think. maybe she didn't start the thread.) asked the mods first. I suggest you do so too.
MK-4-LIFE
02/08/2008 08:34 AM (UTC)
MK-4-LIFE Wrote:

well ,QS(TB) (I think. maybe she didn't start the thread.) asked the mods first. I suggest you do so too.

RomanK made that thread. Not QueenSindel(TheBitch). But I sent a PM to Chrome. He is yet to reply.

BUT FOCUS ON SHAO KAHN GUYS!
QueenSindel(TheBitch)
02/08/2008 11:43 PM (UTC)
Yeah, I got permission from the sweet ~Crow~ to embed videos on my Sindel thread. After that, it become okay to do it on official characters threads only, I think.

Anyway, Kahn..... is SO hot. Oh if only the physique of male characters in MK didn't always look like that of old, wrinkly wrestlers. Just look at all those wrinkly, overlapping muscles on this guy.... eeww. What a shame. He would have rocked the shit out of that tough and skimpy outfit.

Anyways, I liked Kahn early on. Since MK2 I thought he was cool. His personality and story are intruiging and distinct. There is no other character in MK like Kahn. Maybe similar, but he is still distinctive, which is important to make a good, memorable character, which is exactly what he is.

I've never been much of a fan of his special moves, but his MK:U fatalities seriously make up for them. I love those finishers. They're really cool.

Also, I did not like his fighting styles. Tai Tzu and the one that Fujin now has were both boring to use, imo. His weapon style has too many generic moves, I think. It's also tasteless, imo.

Finally, I definitely hope that Kahn returns for next-gen. He is an MK staple, though I don't know if the fucking Boon will even care.
MK-4-LIFE
02/13/2008 06:05 AM (UTC)
QueenSindel(TheBitch) Wrote:
His personality and story are intruiging and distinct. There is no other character in MK like Kahn, which is important to make a good, memorable character, which is exactly what he is.

Finally, I definitely hope that Kahn returns for next-gen. He is an MK staple, though I don't know if the fucking Boon will even care.

Totally agreed. Everything I have quoted there is totally true, IMO.
Warlady
About Me

NTO CULU

02/13/2008 06:13 PM (UTC)
To be honest, I always saw Shao Kahn as a typical "big bad guy" and little else. He "worked" so far, but I hope he doesn't return in the future. Too many important bad guys around.
Subzero_5th
02/17/2008 06:42 PM (UTC)
^^^Kahn is just as important or more important than those other bad guys.

Anyway I always liked Kahn. He is arguably the most difficult boss to beat (until onaga and Blaze came along), especially in MK3/ULT MK/ MK TRILOGY.

Shao kahn isn't a god but he is definitely an Immortal being close enough to be a God especially since he has the earth realm. His Powers involved with merging realms together is no question the act of a near god. And if it wasn't for Sindels betrayal that left him vulnerable to defeat at the hands of earth realm warriors he surely would have annihilated the forces of good. Kahn may not be as popular as other villains i the MK saga but he sure is better and more powerful than the likes of Quan Chi, Shang Tsung
Mkman1
About Me

mkmans are coming soon.

02/24/2008 02:32 AM (UTC)
Shao Khan:1st apperance:Mk2
Last apperance:Mortal Kombat Armageddon
Number of times as boss:3 Times(mk2,mk3,mortal kombat shoalin monks)
Times as playable:3(mkt,mortal kombat deception,mortal kombat armageddon).
RaginRep08
02/24/2008 03:30 PM (UTC)
Shao Kahn is the best Boss ever! I'd want him to return as a warrior trying to regain his throne. Once he becomes emporer again, he can take away and rule Earthrealm from underneath Raiden. More of Shao Kahn.........He is the most important bad guy around and will always be. Alot of people want him to return in MK8 as a playable or boss, but either way he would be awesome besides the fact I want him playable and not a boss.
MK-4-LIFE
02/24/2008 08:57 PM (UTC)
RaginRep08 Wrote:
Shao Kahn is the best Boss ever! I'd want him to return as a warrior trying to regain his throne. Once he becomes emporer again, he can take away and rule Earthrealm from underneath Raiden.

Shao Kahn has already regained his throne. After the dragon king was sent to the Netherealm and trapped there by Nightwolf, Mileena took control of Outworld, with the help of Edenian forces, as she was pretending to be Kitana. (See Mileena's MK:A bio).

But when Shang Tsung and Goro are loyal to Shao Kahn once more, he feels he has regained his strength and the three of them storm into the stronghold and destroy everyone who defended it. Then he smashed through the throne room door. Mileena surrendered to him and Shao Kahn was Outworld's emperor once more. (See Shang Tsung's bio).
tonshaad1230
About Me

http://gametalk.netforums.us Join the greatest website ever Obama Or Fatality!

03/16/2008 02:25 AM (UTC)
Good this the place to be in!

ive created a story for shao khan because hes that darn good!
~Storyline~

I was once a reality to all who knew me.Being ruler of outworld is not easy.I have to make sure people doesn`t take me for a joke.Living as a nomad or a citizen in tzi hua,a shokan,a centurain, is not easy because i have a group who doesn`t think im serious now!They betrayed me For Onaga.I knew he would come back one day but not now!I swear when i get my hands on thoes infidels tartakens i will go and slice their throats out then ill let goro and sheeva eat them for lunch .....HAHAHAHAHAHAHH

SPECIAL MOVES:
hammer smack
warth hog ram
ram(up)
ram(across)
fireball
taunt
roar
teleport
slice
spear
ice
tazer
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.