How would You revamp Scorpion and Subzero for MK8?
posted03/24/2008 07:25 PM (UTC)by
Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
Scorpion of Subzero, deadliest of venoms, are two of the most talked about characters being the ones that the majority loved during and since the first games.

There is much talk of these two coming back for mk8. Many fans are growing tired of their storylines and sets of costumes.

Well since everybody online seems to want them to be changed in one way or another, what better way to change them than to revamp them yourself!?

Here is what i want to know from your point of view:

-Costumes (in detail)
-New story line and objectives, rivals etc...
-How have their previous confrontations ended/continued.
-Outline a home field arena for these characters.
-Special moves
-Fatality
-Victory pose
-Hara Kiri(!?) if desired...
-Move set and weapon? what would they fight like(please take objectives and attitude into consideration ex: scorp is angry so he prolly wouldn't use crane style)
-Extras (maybe scorpions mask can come off in battle revealing a flaming skull?) stuff like that

If you deem necessary, give any other details or anything you would like to add.

I believe people who go in depth or give original ideas should receive a Dragon Point if possible from the mods.

thanks and I await your ideas.

-Casselman
RaginRep08
02/18/2008 12:33 AM (UTC)
Here are somethings I thought up for Scorpion...

Costume- Ghost Rider look; a flaming skull, skeletal hands, leather jacket, jeans, boots, spikes on jacket.

Weapon; Chain

Moves; Fire Breath, Chain Trip, Spear, Ashes to Ashes (teleport), Hell Fire.

Fatality 1; Corpsed- Scorpion grabs his foes chest's clothing with one hand and lifts him/her off the ground. Scorpion then stares into his victims eyes and brings them back to see all the wrong that they did. Afterwards, the victim's soul explodes and their body turns into a rotted corpse( foes clothes remain on them).
-Brad-
02/18/2008 12:48 AM (UTC)
Scorpion

With Scorpion’s appearance, I’ve been thinking about this.

At 1:33 when the moonlight reveals the pirates of the black pearl’s true self.

What if Scorpion were to look normal until he used his hellfire moves, then his skull/skeletal form is revealed.

If he’s masked, when he uses his hellfire moves, the mask disappears and his “true” form is revealed.

If he’s unmasked, before his death, I always pictured him looking somewhat similar to Kazuya Mishima. Maybe to bring a more human approach, have him look completely normal unmasked, until he uses his moves.

Also have his ninja suit have no damage on it, until he uses his hellfire attacks, then his suit is revealed to be ripped up in quite a few places along with burn marks on it. (something that looks like it’s been through hell)

============

Moves:
He should fully utilize his ability to teleport/create portals and summon fire. (I’ve mentioned the below before.)

Awaiting portal - Scorpion creates two portals, throws the opponent into one of them and waits at the other one ready to slice with his spear.
Hell hand - A fiery hand takes the opponent underground back into a portal, a second later the portal opens and shoots the opponent out smoking. (MK3)
Inferno Spin - Scorpion lights the rope of his spear on fire and spins furiously. (Shaolin Monks)

Also this teleporting finisher would be badass. At 0:42
cpleck
02/18/2008 01:23 AM (UTC)
I would want Scorps trip from MK2 back. I loved that move so much. I would also want some sort of diagonal spear. Shoot it into the air to take out jumping opponents or sweep them with it.
travm013
02/18/2008 02:31 AM (UTC)
id like to see the mk team utilize their signature moves more. for example:
scorpions spear is getting kinda boring. i like them to make an attack where he maybe swings his spear in a slashing motion kinda like what he did in shaolin monks. also maybe have him swing it around and then kick it and send it flying at opponent.

for sub zero id like to see him do more with his ice then just freeze the opponent. have him throw an a couple icicles at his enemy and have them impale them kinda like sareena's knife does and nightwolf's arrows does, but have the icicles melt away after a period of time. another thing they could dis have him throw ice into the air and create a blizzard or have him lower the temperature of the arena that causes his opponent to shiver and slow down quite a bit.

those are just some of my ideas
mkflegend
02/18/2008 03:18 AM (UTC)
Both will have their signature moves back, no doubt in my mind.

The creativity and uniqueness will also be there. Take MK:D and MKA for example, Scorp's teleport was very different.

I'd like to see his teleport like as I've posted in another thread, have Scorpion disappear in a puff of smoke however with the smoke have a firelike outline with a huge skull face, while scorpion nailsyou from the other side in like a mid air twisting punch, like a revamped teleport punch showing homage to his original move in MK1.

Costume wise, I'm sure both will look sick.

If Sub's ending in MKA is canon, he can look literally more godlike. Glowing eyes, different hairdo perhaps or something sporting the blue.

Having more frost vape off him.

For Scorpion, I thought of actually having him sport a half flesh, half bone look literally like say his fingertips being boney since he's dead afterall, his face look something like his UMK3 face but in a 3D look
Adam Ronin
02/18/2008 04:04 AM (UTC)
I reallllly think it would be awesome if Scorpion went back to being Hanzo. And looked normal. The skull thing is overdone. I am ready for a new Scorpion
Ninja_Mime
02/18/2008 04:24 PM (UTC)
Costumes

Sub-Zero's main costume should be something completely different from his past costumes. I liked the sort of regal look he had going on in MKD, they should keep going with that. They just really need to make him look less like a worn out plastic action figure, with the lack of colour and white skin. The should make him look less bulky - I find it hard to believe anybody would want to fight in that armour.

His alternate should be more recognizable, but have completely new, though subtle elements as well (Like shoulder pads or some crap). It could be based mainly off his MKDA alt, but without the mask and hood. He should start to show his age more than ever now.

Scorpion really needs a new look. His main MKD and MKDA costumes were fine, but they still haven't really changed him from being a boring yellow ninja. His main costume should be the most different. His mask is gone, revealing his flaming skull. This time it should look a lot more gruesome, with pieces of skin still on his face and such. His clothing should be torn, his skin scarred and damaged, and he should have hanging chains and other stereotypical things you'd find on something from hell. Just please, no mask or yellow outfit.

For his alternate... whatever, just nothing like his MKD alternate.

Story

Sub-Zero's story could revolve around fighting the Tekunin, and helping the Earthrealm warriors, while still trying to save Noob Saibot and Smoke. But I think something big needs to happen to him to avoid him becoming as stale as Scorpion. Though hopefully his ending doesn't come true, and he never becomes a god.

Scorpion... ugh. He just needs to STFU about Quan Chi. I don't care what he does, he just needs to stop being a whiny piece of shit.

Moves

I don't think there's many things I'd change about Sub-Zero's moveset. I liked his moves in MKA, though the ice clone would be a lot more useful if it could be done closer to the opponent.

I don't want the fighting styles to return, but his hand-to-hand combat should be much faster than it was in the last few games. His weapon should be changed completely.

For Scorpion, I think he needs more moves involving the spear, like in Shaolin Monks. I like the backflip kick.

His fighting should also be faster, and for his weapon, he should use his spear. It would be unique, and very fitting to the character. I highly doubt he's into being fair and noble - he would fight dirty.

Finishers

I'll just do one fatality for each of them. I think in order for Fatalities to be awesome again, the sound effects and blood need to look and sound extremely painful. It doesn't need to be extremely bloody and stupid, like the last 3 games, just simple enough, and painful enough to cringe at the thought of it happening.

Sub-Zero needs the spine rip back. It should happen fairly quickly. He shoves his hand into the opponents neck, right around the lower neck area just above the chest, they begin to choke and turn blue as blood oozes out onto Sub-Zero's hand. He pulls 3 times, and on the third try, there's a horrible cracking noise, and Sub-Zero removes the bloody spine, with all the fleshy pieces of the throat he punched through in his hand. The opponent staggers to the floor and he drops the bloody mess on top of them.

Scorpion... He grabs his spear, and stabs it right into the torso of his opponent, with the camera showing you their back and all the bloody guts and detail inside them. Then, with a very swift motion, he breaks their neck and kicks it once, and they fall over. The camera shows the bloody dead face of the opponent, with the bone sticking out of the neck.

Just a few ideas.
mkflegend
02/18/2008 09:16 PM (UTC)
GoDisNotHereTODAY Wrote:
I reallllly think it would be awesome if Scorpion went back to being Hanzo. And looked normal. The skull thing is overdone. I am ready for a new Scorpion

If they did that, they'd kill his whole story/past unless the Elder God's granted him life again, real life as in, his soul, body everything. Scorpion's badass for his undead powers, he's better off staying the way he is because as Hanzo he didn't have powers(as showed in MKM Sub-Zero) so that would be kind of lame IMO
You-Know-Who
02/19/2008 01:11 AM (UTC)
Costumes
I think Sub-Zero would be great if he had a new costume that was designed by him, inspired by both the classic Lin Kuei uniform, and the armour of his Cryomancer ancestors. His primary costume should maybe be a light blue (this time, to further signify his heroism) classic Sub-Zero costume. Maybe even go with white or silver instead of black in the design? Just something make him look a lot different. Instead of the ninja mask, he can wear a re-designed version of his armoured helmet. I'd give him boots of some kind, maybe brown in colour, which would fit his ice-theme. He doesn't need to be fashionable, just look a lot different from how he has in previous games, I think.

For his second costume, instead of making having the armour influence in the helmet, you have it in the torso and/or legs, while he sports a more classic ninja mask. Basically an inverted version of his primary costume.

I'm all for lightening it up (I mean, providing on how it looks) and giving him more of a sky blue, turquoise, silver and white theme.

As for Scorpion, I've thought for a while that he should just go darker with his theme. Lose the yellow. As MK goes darker, I think it should lose the bright colours. I'm not brilliant at designing costumes, but I would not mind seeing Scorpion with maybe a black and really dark grey update to his current appearance. Maybe with spikes on the left shoulder, and a strap going down and across his chest?

As for his second costume, while it would make sense to give him a yellow or gold one as a classic outfit, I'd actually go with something more along the lines of a classic Shirai Ryu costume. Maybe black, with bits of red. on his weapon holsters, or on his belt. Maybe a yellow symbol somewhere with a Kanji for Scorpion (I'm sure there would be a symbol for it in Kanji, which would explain how Scorpion's form came about when he became a spectre.

Special Moves
As Sub-Zero is meant to be becoming more powerful in the story (regardless of if he becomes an "Ice God") with the Dragon Medallion in his possession, I'd like to see Sub-Zero's Deep Freeze actually do damage this game. It might make Sub-Zero seem powerful, but I think that the next generation should embrace 3D movement and strategy a lot more. If Sub-Zero sends a projectile at you, one better block or dodge. It just seems more realistic, and given my ideas for other characters, I think Sub-Zero's freezing abilities would need the edge against say maybe Taven's time freezing skills, which I think could be incorporated into gameplay.

I'd lose the Ice Clone, because I just don't get how it is meant to work. I'd keep his Cold Shoulder move, and maybe give him two new blocking moves. One where any projectile coming at him is somehow frozen, and drops to the ground, shattering; and another where he creates a small wall of ice between him and the opponent. Sub-Zero could then maybe detonate this wall of ice, into some kind of remote detonator kind of move, which damages the opponent (or himself, if he is near it), or merely freezes them.

I also like the idea of him creating puddles of cryogenic energy, which if stepped into, freeze the opponent (without causing them damage).

Scorpion's special moves would probably be best if they remained the same. His Harpoon is a classic, and pretty much needs to remain in the same fashion that it is. If weapons are in the next game (and I think they will be), I also like the idea of him using a Disarming Harpoon, which takes the opponent's weapon, and then Scorpion can use it against them.

For the rest of Scorpion's special moves, I'd actually maybe update his fire to be green in colour. It seems weird, but in the story, I'd have Scorpion brutally murder Quan Chi. Like really brutally. It saves Scorpion face, and it would make a pretty nice video in the game. Scorpion can beat Quan Chi so badly, that some of the sorcerer's essence is released, and absorbed by the spectre qualities of Scorpion. It seems unnecessary to change the colour of Scorpion's attacks, but the idea of a black/grey ninja shooting green fire just seems pretty cool to me.

I'd give Scorpion Quan Chi's Flaming Skull move. He's never had a real projectile move, and I think this one would suit Scorpion seeing as he does have a skull for a head.

I don't think Shinnok will be in the game, so they could also give Scorpion a fiery hand version of "Summoned Fiend" (under a different name...probably "Hell Hand." It plays off one of Scorpion's UMK3/Trilogy Fatalities, I believe. His Teleport Punch is also pretty classic, so should return in a more updated form. Maybe utilise green flames for it, and base it more on Scorpion's new sorcery abilities.

The Backflip Kick could return in a variation. Maybe have Scorpion hit with one leg, and then the other, in kind of one-two motion, which sends the opponent into the air, which can allow Scorpion to leap at them with an aerial attack, or hit one of his other special moves on them as they land?

So, in closing, I'd give Sub-Zero the following moves:
* Deep Freeze (now causes projectile damage)
* Cold Shoulder
* Cryo Puddle (like Ground Ice, but instead of slipping, the opponent freezes)
* Projectile Freeze
* Ice Barrier

Scorpion can have the following:
* Flaming Spear (maybe give it new effects?)
* Steal Spear
* Flaming Skull
* Hell Hand
* Hellfire Punch
* Backflip Kicks

Story
I personally like the idea of Sub-Zero returning to stop Noob Saibot, who I feel should also return. I don't think he should be trying to turn his brother good, merely trying to defeat him and prevent him from doing evil. Also, the Dragon Medallion should be aging him rapidly, which makes him question whether or not he wants it. However, by sacrificing the Medallion, would Sub-Zero sacrifice too much power? Power corrupts, which is what I think should be going on with Sub-Zero at the moment. Not in an even sense, just in the sense that his life may end naturally before it theoretically should with the use of the Dragon Medallion.

Scorpion should brutally murder Quan Chi, and become warped by the experience, as I mentioned. Boost his power a little bit, make him a little more "magical" than he once was. I'd not have him rest, because Noob Saibot, who he is responsible for creating, is still alive, and causing problems. It becomes his duty to kill Saibot, but he does so not out of kindness to the realms, but because he just selfishly wants to see his family in The Heavens.
-Brad-
02/19/2008 02:50 AM (UTC)
Sub-Zero

Appearance: Imo, his unmasked mkda (face) was perfect for what he should look like, capturing his personality well. (Emotionally withdrawn, often socially withdrawn, stern, cold, strict)

Attire: Really any of his previous ones work, the traditional ninja or his ancestral armor, keep the frozen arms.

============

New Moves:

Deep freeze
- Much like Sub-Zero’s MK2 fatality of the same name. This move will take twice as long to execute than his regular freeze, but the payoff is the opponent remains frozen for two hits instead of one or until they unthaw.

Blizzard
- Unleashing the full power of his amulet, Sub-Zero glows almost completely white, while a barrage of very cold winds mixed with ice and snow come charging at the opponent from the whole side of the screen Sub-Zero is on.

Frigid blades
- Along with his regular freeze, many icicles and ice blades are hurled at the opponent all over. Very fast move, similar to Reiko’s stars.

============

Storyline:
In my custom MK8 story (still working on when I have nothing else I want to do.) I’m elaborating on why Noob Saibot is going after him. Rather than just erasing his past, I figured it has to do with knowledge of the ancestral armor.

I don’t think Sub-Zero needs much revamping.
Sanjei1
About Me

02/19/2008 03:11 AM (UTC)
SCORPION

Costume(s): I think he should serious start looking like a freaking Ninja. I mean, He is Ninja Spectre is he not? I think we should Give him the Costume Mask he had off of MortalKombat The Movie. Where is was dark and stuff. And Keep the Costume he has but not so Bright. It would be nice to see hims start being darker. And maybe a little bit of dark Yellow.

New Story And Objective: Be nice if Sub-Zero and Scorpion quit being Enemies, After a while it gets old. Because they're never going to kill each other. So I was thinking that in MK8 They can team up Because they realized that there is a way of being able to Travel back in time. To bring back and stop all that has happened in the past that effected them. Things like...Scorpions dead Family and Clan, Or Sub-Zero's Sister.
=/ Despite Scorpions storyline in MK8. Forget that because we all Know Midway is going to go with some other Storyline.

Home Field Arena: I think an Arena with whole bunch of Bones and skeletons stuff like that everywhere dead and stuff. And maybe a Few stories going up. And you can Break through walls to another Level.
Oh, And everything is dark and Hellish... =/

Special Moves:
-Spear, only this time, like...a Snakish kind of think. Like from the movies. That would be cool I think.
-Teleport Kick Only Actually Affective and Faster. Because in Deception it was useless.
-BackFlip Grab. Make That his Grab. Where he Climbs on your Body and then does a fire backflip and then Spears him (The spear I Mentioned) And it pulls the Opponent to him and says Come here. Not get over here. And then Once he is Speared, He gets the Spear Tip and Like Slices him away.
-Fire Breath (The usual)

Fatalatie(s)
-He does the Teleport Kick He hits once and then teleports Disapear. The guys/womans Confused.
He teleports back and Punches then Fastly Teleports Away. Then he comes back and Teleports with His Sharp Spear and Cuts off the Legs.
Then Teleports fly Away.
Then Teleports Back and Chops the Head off. Then teleports back then Hits the Body away.
-Bring back a Newer Version of Toasty.
-Brutality Please come backsad

Hara Kiri: Shoots out new Version of Spear and has it Pull out his Heart.

Victory Pose: Does a fast backflip Kick Twice.
Then does a backflip then does the Lin Quei Victory Pose. Only Fire Burst Out when he hits the Floor.

Move Set And Weapon:
-Ninjitsu
-And his Ninja Sword, Which should be called a Katana Not ninja sword. =/

Extras: How about Scorpion and Sub-Zero be the Main Characters? Considering they are the only ones coming back from the other MK's.

Well those are my Ideas for Scorpion. Now let me do Sub-Zero.

SUB-ZERO

Costumes: Let's have his Mask be like...Ice. And it is see through so you can see his Face.
Keep the Blue Sash the same with Scorpion. But make the Sashes dark black, And a little bit of Blue.
Just like Scorpion.

New Story: Same As scorpions Only he wants to take back what happened in his life. With the Time Travel thing. =/

HomeField Arena: Since the Lin Quei I don't think exist anymore. How about like...An Ice Cave.? A huge one.

Special Moves:
-Freeze Ball.
-Ice Clone
-Ice Slide please come back
-Snow Ball (Throws it and it's like a Small Dynomite)
-Floor Freeze
-For his Grab. He grabs the Opponent and then Freezes his arms. And S-B Freezes his own head and then Head bashes him making him knocked out of his arms.And then While he's Stunned. He freezes his Leg and then roundhouse kicks him away.

Fatalities:
-Remake The Fatality off of MK4, Where he deep Freezes him and then Sildes over to Uppercut him. And Shatters everywhere. To Edit that. They could do the Teleport that Frost does Where she Teleports and does the Uppercut.
Deep Freezes-And Teleport Uppercut - Opponents Body shatters.
- He Punchs In his Stomach and Freezes from the Inside.
Then once everything is Frozen the Opponent does Turn into a Block of Ice. But he is Just comepletely looking like A stick. And then he Pulls of the Opponents Arm. And then hits off the Rest of the Body with it to get his Arm out of the Stomach.
-And bring back Brutalities. smile

Hara Kiri:
-Freezes his Chest And then Jumps on the Floor and his Chest shatters off.

Victory Pose: He does Front Flips and and Front Kicks in Air. And the does victory Pose From MK4.

Moves set and Weapon:
Fighting Style: Moifah Would be Exelent for Sub-Zero
Weapon: Keep his Kali Blade...But please...Make more moves... =/

Extras: It would be nice to make him look as Un Ninja as possible. SInce he keeps saying he isn't a Ninja.

Sanjei1
About Me

02/19/2008 03:32 PM (UTC)
I'd like to have him look like these Below.
riptaccess="always">
Scorpion by ~gabe687 on deviantART

And this is the Costume I want. Only lose the Arm Guards.
http://ravenshield.deviantart.com/art/Scorpion-05-52142734

This here would be cool
Needs some more additions though. =/
riptaccess="always">
Scorpion by ~Disturbed1fan on deviantART
This would be insanely weird'y coolio!
riptaccess="always">
Scorpion by ~polarlex on deviantART
Maybe this
riptaccess="always">
Scorpion by ~Torvald2000 on deviantART
This is what I've been wanting his mask to look like.
riptaccess="always">
Scorpion says... by ~StarlightNinja on deviantART
Well that's it.

Tekunin_General
About Me

02/20/2008 03:32 AM (UTC)
amazing ideas! i never expected this sort of contrinution, thanks guys keep em coming!

-Casselman
McDaniel
About Me

Creator of John the MK Janitor.

02/20/2008 11:55 AM (UTC)
i made a drawing a few years ago, i wish i still had it or could scan a new one, but my idea for scorpion has been for him to have a rotting corpse look. him being a ghost in a body, i feel as tho his human body should be rotting, costume torn revealing like his ribs and parts of his skull around his mouth, IF youve seen those marvel zombie figures, its almost like the spider-man figure.

atleast as an alt costume.
Sanjei1
About Me

02/21/2008 01:51 PM (UTC)
I want Sub-Zero to have these Kind of Sashes.
And those kind of Legwear And stuff.
riptaccess="always">
Unmasked Sub Zero by ~JOSERO on deviantART

And this kind of Mask
Only it being Seethru Ice.

riptaccess="always">
Sub-Zero by ~RoSohryu on deviantART

mkflegend
02/22/2008 02:36 AM (UTC)
lol, Sub-Zero looks soo anime in that first one ^^

tongue

Those Scorpion pics, the 3rd pic looks hot but Scorpion looks way too Godish, he looks like he turned into a God lol. Interesting concepts though.
-Brad-
02/25/2008 11:27 PM (UTC)
Cool deviant art pics.
mkflegend
02/27/2008 04:44 AM (UTC)
Yeah, I've noticed that sites rather popular for tons of art concepts for various series
richiestoner101
02/27/2008 09:34 PM (UTC)
Hmmm,
Good thread Cassel.
Anyway, I'd like to give my ideas on Scorpion.
So here goes...

Scorpion

Costume
I was very pleased with Scorpion's MK: Shaolin Monks promo outfit, unfortunately, this never saw game play. I'd like an outfit along those lines.

Head

[Masked]

- Large black hood. I'd like Scorpion to be hooded (when masked), this would give him not only more of a spectre vibe, but would also show reflection on his former alliance with the Elder Gods.

- Ninja mask. I'd like his ninja mask to be completely the same as the mask he donned in the MK:SM promos and opening video.
However, I think adding some rust and battle-wear to the mask would be extremely suited to his character.

- Eyes. I want his trademark white eyes to remain, the only issue with his eyes are his overly bushy eyebrows.
To give his eye area a new appearance, I'd like the majority of his forehead and eyes to be shadowed by his hood. Leaving only the whites of his eyes and the ninja mask visible.

[Unmasked]

- Flaming skull. I am very much a fan of the Inferno Scorpion image.
I would love to see the flaming skull face come back for an alternative costume. The skull could be partially cracked upon the top of his skull to show his years of battle.

- Eyes, for his skull, I'd like his eyes to be pure black. To show the sorrow and torment his soul has gone through over the endless years.

Torso
- Quilted padded cloth. Yellow in colour, with three square studs spaced out on either side of his torso area.
To make the costume fresh and new, I'd like to see the fabric torn and ripped, maybe blowing in the wind.
The fabric should also be somewhat darkened as well.

- Shoulder pads. Studded shoulder pads, the same as from the MK:SM promos again, only this time rusted. Still golden studs on a black surface, but the studs should be rusting.
- Black undergarment as a black robe (connecting to his hood). I'd like his black undergarment to be a robe that has his trademark yellow-V on top. Not an extremely baggy robe, but a lose-fitting black torso robe. Again, this would help bring out his character's spectre side along with his current ninja edge.

- Shirai Ryu flag staffs. Much like Hotaru's flag staffs, I want Scorpion to have two flag staffs on his back too. These flags would be yellow in colour and have the Shirai Ryu symbol on the middle in black. The flags should be torn on their ends with fraying sides.
The purpose of these flags would be to show Scorpion as the new grandmaster of his recently revived undead clan. This would help his characters story too.

- Belt. Scorpion should have a black leather belt, with golden studs and a skull buckle.

- Sword. I'd like Scorpion to have a horizontally placed sword attached to the back of his waist, where his belt is.

Arms

- Skin. As always, I would like Scorpion's arms to be uncovered, free from any sleeves. I want Scorpion's skin to be the tanned tone of his previous forms. A few scars would be nice.
Scorpion's arms should also be relatively muscular too.

- Wrist guards. I'd like Scorpion's MK: DA secondary-outfit wrist guards to return. However, I'd like the metal plate to be rusted and the scorpion symbol to be faded. His taped wrist/hand should be taped in black to fit his colour scheme.

Legs

- Tassel. Scorpion should have his medium length, yellow quilted tassel, attached to his belt. The tassel should so battle wear and should be torn at the bottom, with it's colour fading.

- Black baggy, ninja trousers. The same as he wore in the MK: SM promos, similar to the MKII ninja leggings.
These should show wear in their colour (the black should be slightly faded) but should be free from damage.

- Knee pads/shin guards. Exactly the same shin guards (leading into knee pads) that Scorpion wore in the MK: SM promos.
The yellow, ridged, pads strapped to his shins with a black strap.
Which lead into the black and gold metal pads covering his knees, which has a skull design on it. The knee pad should be rusting and dented.

- Feet. Feet covered with black socks and wearing a black leather ninja sandals.

Arena

- Wastelands. I'd like to see the wastelands created into the new base of his revived Shirai Ryu clan.
This would be an ideal place for the clan and Scorpion's home arena as it suits his personality extremely well.

Victory Pose

- Spear. C'mon people, this victory pose IS Scorpion!

Fighting styles and weapons

- Hapkido. I'm really happy with this fighting style for Scorpion. I see no need in it being changed.
But maybe give him some more specials moves involving the spear, definately. Have his backflip kick return, his teleporting fire punch. Raise hellfire and a projectile fire move, maybe like Shang Tsung's or Quan Chi's flaming skull (only with fire instead of necroplasm).

- Broadswords. I really would love to see Scorpion using Quan Chi's dual broadswords. These would be greatly fitted to Scorpion's personality and fit in with the story line I have in mind.

Fatalities

- Toasty. I really needn't go into that one.

- Spear slice. His fatality from MK: SM and MKII. This fatality is where Scorpion takes his spear and digs it into his opponents torso and slices horizontally, he then takes the upper half of the body and raises it in the air in victory.

Story Line
"After serving the Elder Gods as their Champion. Scorpion was rewarded with the resurection of his fallen clan, the Shirai Ryu. However, the Elder Gods revived his clan with a catch, they all returned as undead hellspawned ninjas.
Scorpion felt cheated and enraged, he swore to make the Elder Gods pay for their treachery. He would do this by destroying both Taven and Daegon, the Elder Gods warriors in Armageddon.
However, Scorpion battled Taven and was defeated.
His attention was turned from his revenge against the Elder Gods when he saw the younger Sub-Zero engaged in battle with the former and elder, now known as Noob Saibot.
Scorpion aided Sub-Zero in defeating Noob, as Scorpion went to finish Noob with his spear, Sub-Zero lept on Scorpion and told him he was trying to clense the wraiths soul. When Scorpion and Sub-Zero looked back, the seemingly unnconcious Noob had fled. Sub-Zero trailed after his brother while Scorpion returned to his Shirai Ryu base, in the wasteland.
Upon his return to camp, Scorpion is informed by one of his clansmen of the where-abouts of Quan Chi. Scorpion uses the powers gifted to him by the Elder Gods to open a portal to Outworld; where he tracks down Quan Chi and his alliance of untrustworthy villans to put an end to the feud once and for all.
After stalking the union of evil, Scorpion waited until the right moment to begin kombat with Quan Chi, once the group of villans is ambushed by warriors in the midst of Armageddon; Scorpion leaps out from the shadows and engages in battle with Quan Chi on a desert cliff.
The battle lasted long and was well fought, but after hours of kombat, Scorpion finnally defeats Quan Chi. With Scorpion's spear, used like a dagger, dug deap inside Quan Chi's torso, lifting him in the air, Quan Chi makes one last move and attacks at Scorpion's face. Quan Chi did not succeed in harming Scorpion, but mearly sealed his own fate. With Scorpion's mask laying on the floor, Scorpion's demonic spectre skull was revealed. Quan Chi looked into Scorpion's hollow, empty eye sockets; only to see the skull engulf into flames. Quan Chi closed his eyes and took a finnal deep breath, as Scorpion breaths his flames of rage and revenge upon Quan Chi's dying body.
As Scorpion drops the charred remains, he turns, replace his mask and begins to walk away.
He stops, and picks up Quan Chi's broadswords. Scorpion stares at the weapons which were used to slay his clan, an icy chill runs down the spectre's spine. He hears the screams of pain, agony and despair ring throughout his mind.
Scorpion grasps a tight hold of the swords and walks to the edge of cliff.
He stares out on the battle of Armageddon.
He closes his eyes and takes a long deep breath.
Scorpion leaps off the edge with his eyes closed shut and broadswords raised in his arms.
Scorpion lands on the ground with a tremendous thud, raises his head and looks up, then charges into battle with a loud cry."
Shinomune
02/27/2008 10:05 PM (UTC)
Scorpion = Young Lady from a Deadly Viper Assassination Squad-like with no-fear-to-risks attitude.

Sub-Zero = Young boy, cocky and unaware of the full potential and consequences of his power.
Tekunin_General
About Me

03/05/2008 01:44 AM (UTC)
Shinomune Wrote:
Deadly Viper Assassination Squad

lmao!!! nic eone, dont think i coulda thaught of that
undertaker15-0
03/06/2008 09:22 PM (UTC)
scorpion

costume kind of like his mk4 alt gray ninja with no mask or hood

specials

spear it should come out of his hand like it used to

tele punch it should be a mix of mkd and mk3

i would like his flame breath from mk4 to return

back flip kick i can't think of anything for this

fatalitys toasty should come out of his eyes like this

his other should be he puts his palm on his opponents head and fires his spear causing it to explode

or this

sub zero

costume also something like his mk4 alternate

3rd costume>

i have no more ideas

sorry the pictures don't fit
Tekunin_General
About Me

03/24/2008 07:25 PM (UTC)
I would really like to see both scorpion and quan chi again intertwined in combat. i believe its the best route that scorpion has for a good plot development. I dont want to be dissapointed again with his story.

Subzero on the other hand is holding his own, still not as good as he was in terms of character. But i believe he can be turned around more easily than scorpion.

What do you guys think would be the best string of events rquired to ahppen in order for these characters to make a comback?

-Cassalman
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.