Mortal Kombat Karnage - New Screens! 10th July 08
posted10/12/2010 06:56 PM (UTC)by
timsmk

EDIT: In response to:
mvp9119 Wrote:
Hows your MK karnage project comming along ?? are we going to see an update in the near future ? hopfully so, I cant wait to try a new demo !

New screenshots of NEXT version added!

Choice of arcade towers.

Boss now added...

Newly added characters Kung Lao and Sonya fighting in the new Netherplanes stage.

Kung Lao's fatality.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition to those updates, I've also worked on fixing several of the graphical glitches with the characters' collision detection - so they shouldn't get so stuck together anymore.

There's also a lot more added than that, but I'll leave it as a surprise for when the new version is released.

Speaking of, I've no idea when that'll be - but sometime soon! I was hoping for within a week, but who knows.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Updated game with combo damage indicators (do a combo and it'll tell you how many hits and % damage it did).
EDIT: Updated practice mode with infinite opponent health.

Hey,
yup its time for another demo smile.
Massive update:

5 playable & fightable characters (2 New)
One fatality per character (2 new)
7 playable stages (3 New)
Sound & music added
1 stage fatality added
Two characters 'locking together' removed.

Click here to play.

In my experience this seems to run faster in Internet Explorer than in Firefox, but may just depend on your computer.

Enjoy and feedback please! grin

And here's a few clues to get you started on the moves:

Nightwolf:
Arrow: D,?,P
Throw, ?,F,P
Fatality: ?,F,?,P

Kabal:
Plasma Blast: ?,B,?
Lightspeed Dash: B,F,?
Fatality: ?,B,F,?

Stage Fatality (Foundry): ?,D,?,P
(the saws must be visible to work)
Cyber_EV1L
02/25/2008 11:29 PM (UTC)
I love the game.It needs a little fixing ,but overall it's a great game.
.If you're fighting against the same char. (i.e. Kabal vs Kabal) they should have change the color of one of their outfits because it may get a bit confusing
.Whenever I'm in a match sometimes I get a little to close to the opponent and when I try to punch or kick him/her the fist or leg would go right through.Their should be a limit of how close you can get to the character.
.If would be better if Kabal's dash move would stun the opponent a little longer.Maybe if you can throw in some effects that would be nice too.
It's still a great game though.The character responds fast and the button combonations are not too hard and not too easy.Thanks for the fun.Thanks Timsmk,great game overall.
Iori9
02/26/2008 12:19 AM (UTC)
wow, I will create a topic on umk.com for you if you want. This is great! It is a HUGE improvement, my only gripe is the practice mode no infinite health but thats alright.
Iori9 Wrote:
wow, I will create a topic on umk.com for you if you want. This is great! It is a HUGE improvement, my only gripe is the practice mode no infinite health but thats alright.

Yeah that would be cool thanks smile.
I did have a look over there but the forum it was in before seems to have disappeared?
I forgot about the practice mode, I'll fix that tomorrow tongue.
Iori9
02/26/2008 01:17 AM (UTC)
hmm, it must of got deleted when they moved to a new forum, well here is a new topic
http://ultimatemk.com/vForum/showthread.php?p=69971#post69971

I got a suggestion for the fatality's, how about make it to where you can do fatality's depending on your opponent's position (like if he is on the ground, you can do a head stomp. or if he is on his knees you can break there neck)
DarkIVloon
02/26/2008 01:50 AM (UTC)
Thanks for the update Tim!!!! Don't forget to show love over at umk.com too!
Kamionero
02/26/2008 02:27 AM (UTC)
Kabal Fatality:
down Back forward A

Cool fatality btw!
-Jago-
About Me
02/26/2008 03:08 AM (UTC)
nice stuff i really like the way kabal and nightwolf play theyre fighting styles and combos look nice

nightwolf's fatality
Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
axe splitter - b,f,b,p
fatalitymaster
02/26/2008 04:15 PM (UTC)
stage!!!!! FATALITY

DOWN DOWN FORWARD PUNCH
fatalitymaster
02/26/2008 04:49 PM (UTC)
also could you just slo it down just slightly cos its a lil too fast...what frame rate are you using for this one Tim??
Cyber_EV1L Wrote:
I love the game.It needs a little fixing ,but overall it's a great game.
.If you're fighting against the same char. (i.e. Kabal vs Kabal) they should have change the color of one of their outfits because it may get a bit confusing
.Whenever I'm in a match sometimes I get a little to close to the opponent and when I try to punch or kick him/her the fist or leg would go right through.Their should be a limit of how close you can get to the character.
.If would be better if Kabal's dash move would stun the opponent a little longer.Maybe if you can throw in some effects that would be nice too.
It's still a great game though.The character responds fast and the button combonations are not too hard and not too easy.Thanks for the fun.Thanks Timsmk,great game overall.

Thanks.
1 - Yeah eventually I will put it in that they change colour slightly, haven't got round to it yet!
2 - This problem used to be worse in the last update. I've worked on it a little and it's better, but like you say, needs more work.
3 - The thing with his dash is that you can get crazy combos off of it. If they opponent were stunned any longer it would be far too easy to set these up. Not to mention, he can pretty much dash from the other side of the screen so its a huge advantage already. If they stun for longer I'd have to bring the speed down to balance it out - and I'd rather have it at that speed. As for some more effects on it I'm not sure. I tried some and they looked like overkill so I kept it simple - but maybe, we'll see!

Thanks for the critique smile.

Iori9 Wrote:
hmm, it must of got deleted when they moved to a new forum, well here is a new topic
http://ultimatemk.com/vForum/showthread.php?p=69971#post69971

I got a suggestion for the fatality's, how about make it to where you can do fatality's depending on your opponent's position (like if he is on the ground, you can do a head stomp. or if he is on his knees you can break there neck)

Thanks for that smile, I posted something over there too.

The fatalities are nowhere near fully implemented yet - in fact they're barely implemented at all so far!
The positions idea is a good one, though this thing is already chewing up enough of my time so I'm trying to not edit as many sprites as I can, which would be needed for things like on knees etc.

The final fatality system is going to be similar to that in Noob's KAF (see sig) so I don't reckon it will disappoint, and will feature more character specific transitions.

DarkIVloon Wrote:
Thanks for the update Tim!!!! Don't forget to show love over at umk.com too!

You're welcome, and already have tongue

Kamionero Wrote:
Cool fatality btw!

-Jago- Wrote:
nice stuff i really like the way kabal and nightwolf play theyre fighting styles and combos look nice

Ta guys tongue

fatalitymaster Wrote:
also could you just slo it down just slightly cos its a lil too fast...what frame rate are you using for this one Tim??

32fps - same as all the previous demos. Shouldn't be running any faster - in fact, it really shouldn't be running any faster as there's more in it.

It is meant to run at quite a fast speed! Either that or your computer's doing something a little strange confused.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the comments, keep em coming!

I've uploaded a new file with the edited practice mode so that the opponent has infinite health.
illu§ion
02/26/2008 07:20 PM (UTC)
Wow that was really fun especially playing as Noob Saibot. Everything is so fast and smooth and I havn't seen any glitches.

Btw, so what ever happen with my teh awes0m3 requ3st? ;)
XTREEMIST
02/29/2008 09:45 PM (UTC)
That's awesome man. You're making my MKT Nitro project look like shit lol. I better get back to working on it. You've motivated me.
GhostDragon
About Me

Ghostdragon - Fan Submission Director ghostdragon@mortalkombatonline.com
Mortal Kombat Online - The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com

"Tis true my form is something odd, But blaming me is blaming God. Could I create myself anew, I would not fail in pleasing you. If I could reach from pole to pole, Or grasp the ocean with a span, I would be measured by the soul, The mind's the standard of the man."
-Isaac Watts
03/01/2008 04:15 PM (UTC)
Damn. I wish I had a controller. This takes me back to when I played KOF using an emulator. smile I'll have to get used to it I suppose.

Well done.

Ghostdragon

_Grey_
About Me

03/01/2008 10:01 PM (UTC)
Very smooth and clean. All I can say is keep up the good work.
Jerrod
About Me
MKO Moderator, Story Writer, Actor
Signature by Pred
03/02/2008 01:07 AM (UTC)
Slight glitch; when doing Nightwolf's Fatality against Noob Saibot, for a brief moment, Noob's head is replaced by Sub-Zero's.
SubMan799
03/02/2008 01:59 AM (UTC)
The game is amazing. Fast, smooth, and the stages and music are awesome. All the characters are amazing, and I didn't find a glitch in the entire game. Also, I have no idea what Subby's fatality is. Any hints?

Also, is that Raiden, and another ninja on the left side of the character select screen?
Check
03/02/2008 04:40 AM (UTC)
played this a while back, it is absolutly amazing, i just wish i could use a controller for it.
-Brad-
03/02/2008 07:37 PM (UTC)
This is awesome, very good work.
illu§ion Wrote:
Wow that was really fun especially playing as Noob Saibot. Everything is so fast and smooth and I havn't seen any glitches.

Btw, so what ever happen with my teh awes0m3 requ3st? ;)

Err, I forgot again tongue. Do you still need it?
Thanks for the comments.

XTREEMIST Wrote:
That's awesome man. You're making my MKT Nitro project look like shit lol. I better get back to working on it. You've motivated me.

_Grey_ Wrote:
Very smooth and clean. All I can say is keep up the good work.

-Brad- Wrote:
This is awesome, very good work.

Thanks very much.

GhostDragon Wrote:
Damn. I wish I had a controller. This takes me back to when I played KOF using an emulator. smile I'll have to get used to it I suppose.
Well done.
Ghostdragon

Check Wrote:
played this a while back, it is absolutly amazing, i just wish i could use a controller for it.

Next update I'm implementing the customisable controls so you can set each action to whatever keys you want to.
Not sure about if that will make it work with a controller or not, but I'll look into it smile.

SubMan799 Wrote:
The game is amazing. Fast, smooth, and the stages and music are awesome. All the characters are amazing, and I didn't find a glitch in the entire game. Also, I have no idea what Subby's fatality is. Any hints?

Also, is that Raiden, and another ninja on the left side of the character select screen?

Subby's fatality is F,?,?,D,P.
And one of those is correct tongue. Thanks for the feedback.

Jerrod Wrote:
Slight glitch; when doing Nightwolf's Fatality against Noob Saibot, for a brief moment, Noob's head is replaced by Sub-Zero's.

Hmm, I'll take a look at it later, thanks for pointing it out!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uploaded a new version with the combo damage indicators as requested over at UMK.
Now you can see how effectively you are beating the crap out of opponents grin.
scaryharpy
03/03/2008 01:26 AM (UTC)

I never liked MK3 in any of it's variations. Never.

I am a total loss to explain why I adore this game. It's easy and fun.

Mind you, I'm lousy at the game but I still enjoy practice mode.

Personally, I would not have included Nightwolf and Kabal simply because they are MK3 characters; I already explained why. This is not my MK; this is Tim's MK.

I love your variations of special moves and the backgrounds are beautiful.

Can you change the color of a character's clothes? Liu Kang to green? Sonya to red? If so, you could create your own characters (Hornbuckle, Scarlet, etcetera). Just curious.

Thanks so much for doing this.

Kabal:
slide kick: ddk
illu§ion
03/04/2008 08:01 PM (UTC)
Yeah bro I still want it. I might not have my own computer but I still want to save it as an email attachment so I can have it ready. =)
SubMan799
03/05/2008 06:31 PM (UTC)
W007, I put in some random combination, and did Noob's fatality! Yay!

Any hints on his clone move?

So during my playthrough, here is how I would rank the characters:

Kitana
Sub-Zero
Nightwolf
Noob
Kabal

Also, I found a few infinites playing as Kitana if you didn't hear about them already.
illu§ion Wrote:
Yeah bro I still want it. I might not have my own computer but I still want to save it as an email attachment so I can have it ready. =)

Okay, keep reminding me cuz' I'll forget again tongue

SubMan799 Wrote:
W007, I put in some random combination, and did Noob's fatality! Yay!

Any hints on his clone move?
So during my playthrough, here is how I would rank the characters:

Kitana
Sub-Zero
Nightwolf
Noob
Kabal

Also, I found a few infinites playing as Kitana if you didn't hear about them already.

Noob's fatal that you entered is F,D,F,P.
Shadow Rush (Throw): D,?,F,K

Your ranking is interesting, I assume you mean in terms of gameplay? Putting Kabal at the bottom is quite surprising, I personally think he's the toughest one there atm, lol.

Here's how I'd put them:

Kabal
Nightwolf/Kitana
Noob
Sub-Zero

I am probably aware of what these infinites you found are, I think they're to do with the fact that the AI doesn't know how to block yet as you can interrupt strings of attacks.
List em anyway an I'll take a look smile.
scaryharpy
03/08/2008 05:10 PM (UTC)

What is Noob's shuriken toss?
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.