New Weapons
posted03/13/2008 07:42 PM (UTC)by
Tetra Vega
Just got done forging some new swords, and other misc weapons.
They include a katar, a katar-ish sword, some great swords, some twin bladed swords, a prototype rapier, a scimitar, an epee, a similar sword to Xianghua's, a saw type sword, and a shovel.

Can you dig it?

New Weapons

Ka-Tra
fedegita
03/09/2008 08:24 AM (UTC)
I can dig it. I especially love the cutlass and that funky twirly-bladed sword. I don't mean to be a bitch, cos I think they're all great, but the steel just looks a little too light to me. I feel like they should be a darker shade of grey. Tell me if I'm wrong though.

Are you going to upload these to your site?

illu§ion
03/09/2008 07:55 PM (UTC)
I think some of them look pretty dope while other's look to thick. Like fedegita said, some need a bit more shading.
While I'm trying to keep with MK3's color scheme, I do agree there's some sketchy shading in places. I've tried darkening them before, but sometimes it looks wierd next to the blade edge. Other times I can't see them on some bgs.

Thanks for the input. I'll see what I can do.

Oh man, it's been ages since I've seen you around Illusion. Impressed enough to comment? Thank you.

Ka-Tra
Iori9
03/10/2008 01:54 AM (UTC)
I'll take the shovel. grin
illu§ion
03/10/2008 08:27 PM (UTC)
Tetra_Vega Wrote:
While I'm trying to keep with MK3's color scheme, I do agree there's some sketchy shading in places. I've tried darkening them before, but sometimes it looks wierd next to the blade edge. Other times I can't see them on some bgs.

Thanks for the input. I'll see what I can do.

Oh man, it's been ages since I've seen you around Illusion. Impressed enough to comment? Thank you.

Ka-Tra

LOL. I'm actually making an attempt to be active more. So it isn't 'cause i'm impress to actually make a reply in threads.
MKRocket
About Me

Wat.
03/10/2008 08:29 PM (UTC)
I like the weapon ideas and all... I just think some of them need a little more "life"/texture/shading to them. The palette just seems so shallow.
fedegita
03/13/2008 08:13 AM (UTC)
Hey if i credited you would you be pissed if I used one of ur swords in a fake Tetra?
XTREEMIST
03/13/2008 08:23 AM (UTC)
Most of these are really awesome.
ermacandcheese
03/13/2008 03:52 PM (UTC)
Pretty sweet stuff. How about something like this?

An Aztec obsidian sword.
fedegita Wrote:
Hey if i credited you would you be pissed if I used one of ur swords in a fake Tetra?

No. Go ahead.

ermacandcheese Wrote:
Pretty sweet stuff. How about something like this?

An Aztec obsidian sword.

That's a sword? Looks like a club. Anyways, I have thought about a bunch of different weapons, and designs or textures, it's just a matter of me making it look right. I'm still having problems trying to make things, but my work is also constantly improving so, yeah. I need to make them at other angles too, to be more usable.

Ka-Tra
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.